DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Shelves were sparse at both TRU and Walmart last night / this morning. We are first in line now at Target then off to Best Buy for the Sphero BB8. Then back to TRU and WM in hopes they restock. DS is having a blast and so am I - will post pics later when all done running.

It's Friday. Looking forward to the weekend.

Good day, gents. Just stopping by to see what's happening. Norm - congrats on the 15 years. We keep our celebrations low key, too.
We had soccer practice on Monday and it went pretty well! Only challenge I see is with 2 of my younger girls. Not there 1st time playing but seem to care less about being there. They don't seem to grasp my concept of "I (coach) talk, you (player) listen." The nice thing is is I know three of the girls on the team and I can make examples of them without feeling bad. :-)

Thanks. Continued good luck on the coaching.

It is 9:45 and me and DS are 11th in line at Toys r Us for the midnight SW FORCE FRIDAY - wish us luck

Thanks for the anniversary pin. Have fun yourself.

Morning, hope yours was better than mine. Spent it on the phone with a trust person for the wife's estate and an attorney. Not productive.

Some fun games last night. A good start for the season.

Good morning all.

We left the dds at home & celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last night at the local bar/ pizza joint. It was a lot of fun.

Congratulations on 15, glad it was a good night. Beer and pizza is always a winner.

Here's a pic of our haul from TRU & WM last night and Target and Best Buy where there was only 1 of the Sphero BB8 which works through an app on your phone - thing is supper cool.

'Morning all...
Hope all y'all are well.

Well... went to my first physiotherapy appointment today.
I was so proud of myself. Went through almost the whole thing without screaming more than once!

Morning, hope yours was better than mine. Spent it on the phone with a trust person for the wife's estate and an attorney. Not productive.

Sorry to hear about that. Hope that it will all work out as painlessly as possible.

Here's a pic of our haul from TRU & WM last night and Target and Best Buy where there was only 1 of the Sphero BB8 which works through an app on your phone - thing is supper cool.

Holy crap! That's quite the haul!
What does the BB8 do? (Or I suppose I should say, what can you make it do?)

All is right in the world....

Pluto and Oswald are celebrating their birthdays...

It is International Bacon Day...

And it is the first Saturday of college football!

Wow, what a haul. One question, how many people were injured in the gathering of the loot?

Morning, men. CJ - sorry about the estate\legal nonsense. Never fun. But it seems like this Saturday has you in the right frame of mind!
This is one of my favorite weekends of the year.
1. My FF league, that is now in its 16th year, has its draft the Friday before Labor Day every year.
2. It's the official kickoff to football season...HS started last night, college today and then Thursday the NFL.
3. Fall is right around the corner. In Western PA, I love the weather. Cool mornings\evenings and warm days.
4. Labor day (U.S.A.)=4 day weekend
5. Kids have now been in school for 2 weeks and routines are taking shape! IN other words, we're figuring our how to manage the chaos at this point.
6. The Fall seasonal beers have arrived and are plentiful.
7. For my family, it means our annual Disney World Trip is right around the corner!

Holy crap! That's quite the haul!
What does the BB8 do? (Or I suppose I should say, what can you make it do?)
Here's a link that will explain better than I www.sphero.com/bb8

All is right in the world....

Pluto and Oswald are celebrating their birthdays...

It is International Bacon Day...

Wow, what a haul. One question, how many people were injured in the gathering of the loot?
Can't find the Florida game, assuming it is tonight? Glad to see you in good place today. No injuries and there was obviously just big SW fans and we kept running into the same folks everywhere we went.

Morning, men. CJ - sorry about the estate\legal nonsense. Never fun. But it seems like this Saturday has you in the right frame of mind!
1. My FF league, that is now in its 16th year, has its draft the Friday before Labor Day every year.
2. It's the official kickoff to football season...HS started last night, college today and then Thursday the NFL.
3. Fall is right around the corner. In Western PA, I love the weather. Cool mornings\evenings and warm days.
5. Kids have now been in school for 2 weeks and routines are taking shape! IN other words, we're figuring our how to manage the chaos at this point.
7. For my family, it means our annual Disney World Trip is right around the corner!
Could not agree more - great list

Happy Saturday. Went to Louisville to visit my parents, and made it back for 2nd half of UL Auburn game. Wow! Why didn't they start the freshman QB? 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing in a half! Should be a good 3 years for UL.

Congratulations on 15, glad it was a good night. Beer and pizza is always a winner.

Thanks.

]

You bought a young man wearing a Star Wars t-shirt. :lmao:

?

See first comment.

Fall is a great time, and yes, that WDW trip is a little over 30 days away. I have to pick Christmas as my favorite time of year, but this weekend is a nice won as well.

Happy weekend gentlemen. Been crazy busy at work. Went from too wet to summer like weather which has made for complete madness. Sunday afternoon will be spent putting together a cover crops powerpoint. :crazy2: Can't believe that after all these years I didn't have one prepared.

First month of school is over and things are going better than in the past. The family are finally settling into becoming Kentuckians...SWMBO and DD are now clogging and DS has started playing the Appalachian Dulcimer. Me, I just pay the bills.

Happy Labor Day (or Labour for our brothers in the north). For the most part, this weekend was a pretty good one. A new era started with Florida football and it was impressive. Granted it was against a bad team but there is excitement in Gainesville and Gator Nation for one weekend. Time will tell but it was fun. A lot of good games including Northwestern/Stanford, Temple/Penn. State, Nebraska/BYU... Spent the time with the remote in hand and my butt firmly planted on the couch. Love college football.

The downer was I heard yesterday a friend who was the boat Captain of a dive operation I have used for 9 years passed away. He was out having dinner and had what they believe was a heart attack and fell into the canal. Cool guy. I plan to go down to the Keys either today and tomorrow just to see how everyone is doing. His memorial is next week. The Brit will be here and we plan to attend. Not sure if we will participate in the memorial dives. Not a sad time but a celebration of a life well lived. Fair wind and following seas Captain Joe.

A good weekend by all accounts.

Here's a link that will explain better than I www.sphero.com/bb8

Can't find the Florida game, assuming it is tonight? Glad to see you in good place today. No injuries and there was obviously just big SW fans and we kept running into the same folks everywhere we went.

Could not agree more - great list

It was on the SEC network and I think next week's game is there. Saw the replay yesterday and it felt as nice as it did Saturday.

Happy Saturday. Went to Louisville to visit my parents, and made it back for 2nd half of UL Auburn game. Wow! Why didn't they start the freshman QB? 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing in a half! Should be a good 3 years for UL.

Fall is a great time, and yes, that WDW trip is a little over 30 days away. I have to pick Christmas as my favorite time of year, but this weekend is a nice won as well.

UL looked good on Saturday, could have won the game. I wonder if Charlie is rethinking his decision to go to Texas.

Last edited:
Happy Labor Day. Enjoy the time off for those who are. Going to Mass this AM and then taking the family to the zoo.

First month of school is over and things are going better than in the past. The family are finally settling into becoming Kentuckians...SWMBO and DD are now clogging and DS has started playing the Appalachian Dulcimer. Me, I just pay the bills.

PowerPoint and dulcimer. You can combine the two and have even more fun.

UL looked good on Saturday, could have won the game. I wonder if Charlie is rethinking his decision to go to Texas.

Sorry to hear about your friend, but it sounds like he will be remembered well by many. Yes, Texas took a spanking. I guess it is more difficult for Charlie to recruit in Texas.

Off to dig the last 30 feet of sweet potatoes. Checked my hops this AM and the disease took them out so only one more major field project and then it will be time to switch to report and meeting mode for about 6 months.

...The downer was I heard yesterday a friend who was the boat Captain of a dive operation I have used for 9 years passed away. He was out having dinner and had what they believe was a heart attack and fell into the canal. Cool guy. I plan to go down to the Keys either today and tomorrow just to see how everyone is doing. His memorial is next week. The Brit will be here and we plan to attend. Not sure if we will participate in the memorial dives. Not a sad time but a celebration of a life well lived. Fair wind and following seas Captain Joe.

My condolences.

...PowerPoint and dulcimer. You can combine the two and have even more fun.

When you hear banjos though you know you need to paddle faster.

No Keys today. One bada$$ storm is coming through and we are getting over an inch an hour (Forecasters say, I think more). The lawn is flooded and that never happens. The dogs are peeing their pants (not literally but the mutt I did not want is a baby when weather is bad). Staying high and dry though and it seems to be easing off. Oh well, will head down there tomorrow. Power just went out for a second. Love storms in Florida when they don't use damage, nature can be entertaining.

No Keys today. One bada$$ storm is coming through and we are getting over an inch an hour (Forecasters say, I think more). The lawn is flooded and that never happens. The dogs are peeing their pants (not literally but the mutt I did not want is a baby when weather is bad). Staying high and dry though and it seems to be easing off. Oh well, will head down there tomorrow. Power just went out for a second. Love storms in Florida when they don't use damage, nature can be entertaining.

One inch an hour! That's impressive. Stay dry and enjoy the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter