DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Monday evening. Another wonderful day of beans counted, or something as productive. Tennis, soccer, swim, fundraiser, and school picnic tonite. Anyone available to stand in for me somewhere?

'Morning all...
Hope all are doing well.
This morning's view from my desk at work ain't quite as good as last Monday's view.
As the old punch line goes: "Alright, breaks over; back on your heads!"

I know that joke. Door #3 and a coffee break, right?

Happy to say Operation Get The Crap Out Of The Warehouse is almost complete. Need to sweep out the place and let them know the place is vacated. Ton of stuff in the living room but I can take my time separating wheat from chaff. Already found some framed pictures of my time in NY and an autographed poster for DD from the play Wicked. Idina Manzel was still in her role and her John Handcock is on it. Funny, she signed it Adel Azime. She missed seeing Chenoweth by a few weeks.

Thanks for getting the place cleaned out for me. I'm on the way. :lmao:

Anyone watch the Google page with the US Open GIF for five minutes to see who wins the point?

Sorry to welcome you back, hope it was a good time.

Had its ups and downs, but overall it was good.
I mean how bad can it be, right? It's Disney!

As the old punch line goes: "Alright, breaks over; back on your heads!"

:laughing: ::yes::

Alas, it is, however, 1 more day closer to retirement. Only 7382 more to go! :)

I feel your pain. I think I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000-5000 to go.

Sorry to have to welcome you back but welcome home. How was the trip?

Pretty good... but HOT!
Go figure. Hot. In Florida. In August. :sad2:

Not much chatter today. Hope all are well.

Nope. Threw my back out Monday morning and was unable to sit and type.
Feeling a tad better today, but still sore.
Thankfully it doesn't look like this one will last too long.

Things are fine here. It seems Erika took the bad weather away with her and it was a georgeous day. No rain, not ridiculously hot and sunny. Spent the day outside after a conference call this morning.

Beautiful day here as well. Played tennis tonight. It feels great for September.

Prayers for a quick recovery. I have back pain as well (and a herniated disc) so I get being down in the back.

Prayers for a quick recovery. I have back pain as well (and a herniated disc) so I get being down in the back.

Thanks. You feel my pain, then.
Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I'm actually able to walk (albeit, very slowly) around today.

'Morning all...
Work has really been interfering with my Dis time. Who knew that if I took a week off I'd return to find one almighty pile of **** that had to be waded through just to get back on track.

I know that joke. Door #3 and a coffee break, right?
That's the one.
That particular punch line is a rather common phrase in my house.

Rocky days at Disney are still days at Disney, so yep.
Looking forward to hearing about that trip.

Not fun; good that you're healing.
May that continue.

Rapidly.

Beautiful day here as well. Played tennis tonight. It feels great for September.
I dearly need to get more active.
Will I? Doubtful, but I dearly need to.

I think we picked up all the heat that was troubling everyone else.
Feels more like July here and probably won't break any until the weekend
(just in time to get out and do the yard work... oh, joy.)

Afternoon gents. Not sure how much more of the #&^%$@# around here I can take. No need for details but leave it to say that we should all be in a better place based on company performance which is knocking it out of the park.

You got a bad day at DaWorld beats most days elsewhere. Sorry about the back but good to hear you are rebounding quick.
'Morning all...
Work has really been interfering with my Dis time. Who knew that if I took a week off I'd return to find one almighty pile of **** that had to be waded through just to get back on track.
What? Do way more with way less and you should want to do this all for free? Sorry, I digress. Hang in there and hopefully you will be in a better place heading into a 3 day weekend.

Thanks for getting the place cleaned out for me. I'm on the way. :lmao:

The warehouse is clean, the house is a mess. Stuff stacked everywhere.

Sorry to hear. Had back pain a number of years ago and it was miserable. Get better soon.

'Morning all...

Afternoon gents. Not sure how much more of the #&^%$@# around here I can take. No need for details but leave it to say that we should all be in a better place based on company performance which is knocking it out of the park.

You got a bad day at DaWorld beats most days elsewhere. Sorry about the back but good to hear you are rebounding quick.

What? Do way more with way less and you should want to do this all for free? Sorry, I digress. Hang in there and hopefully you will be in a better place heading into a 3 day weekend.

We need to collectively win the lottery so we all can retire.

Thanks. You feel my pain, then.
Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I'm actually able to walk (albeit, very slowly) around today.

Yeah, I squirreled those muscle relaxers away. I may have called them "my precious" at times. Glad to hear your moving so quickly. It doesn't do anything for the nerve pain, but exercise helps that.

'Morning all...

That's the one.
That particular punch line is a rather common phrase in my house.
.)

I hate it when work interferes with DisBoard time. There should be a law.

Well, you can at least look forward to that bonus. Me, I don't get bonuses, just leave time. So, I look forward to as much time off as possible.

We need to collectively win the lottery so we all can retire.

So that we can all move to Florida, enjoy the nice weather, and enjoy the beaches? Hmmmm....

Morning Gents,

The best time of the year is about to begin. That's right, college football is about to kick off in earnest. Looking forward to a few games tonight, N. Carolina/S.Carolina and Vandy/W. Kentucky, among them. Currently watching a repeat of Florida/Kentucky from last year. Reminds me of how awful Florida was last year on offense. Should have lost that one.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Friday Eve! And tomorrow is 1/2 day... off Monday. I think we are going to try and enjoy the beach this weekend. First week of school will be done for DD.
Prayers for those in pain. DW has been suffering from back pain lately. Comes and goes. She just refuses to take any kind of medication.

Good day, gents. Just stopping by to see what's happening. Norm - congrats on the 15 years. We keep our celebrations low key, too.
We had soccer practice on Monday and it went pretty well! Only challenge I see is with 2 of my younger girls. Not there 1st time playing but seem to care less about being there. They don't seem to grasp my concept of "I (coach) talk, you (player) listen." The nice thing is is I know three of the girls on the team and I can make examples of them without feeling bad. :-)

Afternoon gents! Have tomorrow off to make it a 4 day weekend :banana: Will be heading out tonight with DS at about 10:00 p.m. for SW Force Friday starting at midnight at our local TRU, then Walmart then catch a few hours of sleep and then back out tomorrow a.m. for Target and Best Buy to get their stuff since they are not opening at midnight tonight. DS and I have done SW midnight madness events before when he was much younger so what the heck, how many more things like this will we be able to do together. Other than that painting the living room, bar-b-q at neighbors and as CJ has referenced college football season start with ND playing Saturday night.
Good morning all.

We left the dds at home & celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last night at the local bar/ pizza joint. It was a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter