DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Morning Dads! Trust all had a good holiday weekend. 3 day work week here as we head out Friday for family weekend at UTC and DS has an introduction to the interior design program there he is interested in. Nice weekend of college football but hard to tell who really looked good based on the match ups - is ND that good or Texas that bad for example. Have a good one guys.
Cool! Have you tried it out yet?
Stupid question. Of course you have. How does it work? As well as in the video?
Yes, works as advertised. DS is still trying to master the voice command stuff thouhg.
The downer was I heard yesterday a friend who was the boat Captain of a dive operation I have used for 9 years passed away. He was out having dinner and had what they believe was a heart attack and fell into the canal. Cool guy. I plan to go down to the Keys either today and tomorrow just to see how everyone is doing. His memorial is next week. The Brit will be here and we plan to attend. Not sure if we will participate in the memorial dives. Not a sad time but a celebration of a life well lived. Fair wind and following seas Captain Joe
Sorry to hear about your friend CJ. Stay safe with the weather you are having.

'Morning all...
Spent Labor Day laboring. Some of the "enjoyment' included replacing an overhead light fixture, and installing a new set of closet doors. That last task has a phase two component as I now need to dissemble them for painting and then reinstall and make final adjustments (and then do the same thing for all the rest of the closets in the house one at a time).

Probably should also get back to my wayward TR. I keep letting my regular bouts of depression become an excuse for putting such things off (need to just get over that stuff, now don't I).

Here's a pic of our haul from TRU & WM last night and Target and Best Buy where there was only 1 of the Sphero BB8 which works through an app on your phone - thing is supper cool.

That's quite the cash-o-stuff there.
I didn't wade out into that madness Friday, but I was interested in the commentary that showed up across the net as a result. With the actual film not arriving for another quarter yet, some of the already released collectibles (especially the talking ones) are adding some interesting buzz to the speculation on the story line to come.

Well... went to my first physiotherapy appointment today.
I was so proud of myself. Went through almost the whole thing without screaming more than once!
Ouch... Even once is plenty enough.
How's the back doing now? hoping that things are at least improving.
And may that trend continue and quicken.

2. It's the official kickoff to football season...HS started last night, college today and then Thursday the NFL.
Yep... The first two of those went fairly well from our local point of at least.
We'll see if that continues and after Thursday have a better idea of how the Pro season might progress
(not holding my breath on that one though).

You bought a young man wearing a Star Wars t-shirt. :lmao:

:laughing:
Oh I hope not...
Look at all the the trouble that kind of thing brought about in the past
(and still leaves lingering shadows as well) ;)

Fall is a great time, and yes, that WDW trip is a little over 30 days away.

Fall = good (so long as you discount dealing with leaf cleanup)
WDW in 30 Days = envy (no additional caveats needed for that one)

The downer was I heard yesterday a friend who was the boat Captain of a dive operation I have used for 9 years passed away. He was out having dinner and had what they believe was a heart attack and fell into the canal. Cool guy. I plan to go down to the Keys either today and tomorrow just to see how everyone is doing. His memorial is next week. The Brit will be here and we plan to attend. Not sure if we will participate in the memorial dives. Not a sad time but a celebration of a life well lived. Fair wind and following seas Captain Joe.

Sorry to hear about that.
hope you do get a chance to join the remembrances.

Off to dig the last 30 feet of sweet potatoes. Checked my hops this AM and the disease took them out so only one more major field project and then it will be time to switch to report and meeting mode for about 6 months.

Been a rough season for some of the project crops.
May the "reporting" phase pass quickly and may you get back outdoors sooner than later.

No Keys today. One bada$$ storm is coming through and we are getting over an inch an hour (Forecasters say, I think more). The lawn is flooded and that never happens. The dogs are peeing their pants (not literally but the mutt I did not want is a baby when weather is bad). Staying high and dry though and it seems to be easing off. Oh well, will head down there tomorrow. Power just went out for a second. Love storms in Florida when they don't use damage, nature can be entertaining.

Mother Nature seems to be throwing quite the tantrum down that way.
Were only expecting a few nasty glares and a harumph or two this week.
May the damaging stuff remain but speculation for all of us.

One inch an hour! That's impressive.

That's what she said!

Yes, works as advertised. DS is still trying to master the voice command stuff thouhg.

Cool! Might keep an eye out for it.

Ouch... Even once is plenty enough.
How's the back doing now? hoping that things are at least improving.
And may that trend continue and quicken.

Doing lots better, thanks. Almost feel like a human being again.
Just a little sore and still have to be careful, but not bad at all.

Another day at the office means another day closer to WDW. I've not looked forward to staying in a value resort after buying into DVC, but this will make a new resort we've stayed at on property. A day at Disney is better than a day otherwise.

'Morning all...
Spent Labor Day laboring. Some of the "enjoyment' included replacing an overhead light fixture, and installing a new set of closet doors. That last task has a phase two component as I now need to dissemble them for painting and then reinstall and make final adjustments (and then do the same thing for all the rest of the closets in the house one at a time).

I think you were supposed to take the day off instead of working so hard. I guess there is always Saturday and Sunday, but it sounds like phase two then. I'll drink a beer for you in Disney World.

Probably should also get back to my wayward TR. I keep letting my regular bouts of depression become an excuse for putting such things off (need to just get over that stuff, now don't I).

I'd love to see you back on the TR horse. We've been hanging on a cliff far too long!

Otherwise, just keep talking to us if something's got you down. Odds are we can't fix it, but we can send many beers and smart-a$$ comments your way.:thumbsup2

That's what she said!

Walked right into that one.

A day at Disney is better than a day otherwise.

::yes::

Morning gents. Bit chilly this morning.
Only 5C/40F, but....
Got up a little after 5am to get ready for work (the worst four letter word in the dictionary)
Let the dog out and noticed the bright sliver of moon... clear out today.
Looked up.
Stopped dead.
Beautiful Northern Lights out. Pretty rare to see 'em this far south.
Woke up the kids since they'd never seen 'em.
I was worried that they would be upset at being woken up, but they were both really happy I did.
The aurora was covering about 60-70 percent of the sky and moving really fast.
Just beautiful.
No multiple colours like you see farther north, (sort of an aqua-marine colour) but lots of it with different intensities in different areas.

Another day at the office means another day closer to WDW. I've not looked forward to staying in a value resort after buying into DVC, but this will make a new resort we've stayed at on property. A day at Disney is better than a day otherwise.
Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to make your stay with the plebeians in the Value resorts tolerable. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

Mentioned to my 7yo DD the other day that we need to stop at Club Cool as we haven't been there since 2010. I said she'll have to try the Beverly.
"Is it good?", she said.
I replied, "People talk about it A LOT."
"It's probably pretty good then.", was her reply.
<insert maniacal laugh here>
I'm hoping I can trick both DDs and DW into drinking it.

Looked up.
Stopped dead.
I was worried that they would be upset at being woken up, but they were both really happy I did.
Just beautiful.
No multiple colours like you see farther north, (sort of an aqua-marine colour) but lots of it with different intensities in different areas.

That's awesome! Seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list, for sure. That must have been really cool.

Mentioned to my 7yo DD the other day that we need to stop at Club Cool as we haven't been there since 2010. I said she'll have to try the Beverly.
"Is it good?", she said.

Oh, that's just evil. I salute you, sir.

Only 5C/40F, but....
Got up a little after 5am to get ready for work (the worst four letter word in the dictionary)
Looked up.
Stopped dead.
Just beautiful.

Home from tennis tonight. I'm not hurting as bad as usual. I think that counts as a win.

Only 5C/40F, but....
Looked up.
Stopped dead.
Just beautiful.

That's cold. Are you keeping all the penguins there? :lmao:

Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to make your stay with the plebeians in the Value resorts tolerable. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

Whatever. 19 trips. Bring it.

"Is it good?", she said.

Better get them before the meet up. Otherwise, I'll warn them.

...Probably should also get back to my wayward TR. I keep letting my regular bouts of depression become an excuse for putting such things off (need to just get over that stuff, now don't I).....

If only it was that easy. No wise words but happy to listen for what it is worth.

"Is it good?", she said.

I like the Beverly.

That's awesome! Seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list, for sure. That must have been really cool...
If I could afford a bucket and had time to make a list it would be on mine as well. Had a better chance growing up south of Buffalo than I do now.

Home from tennis tonight. I'm not hurting as bad as usual. I think that counts as a win...

Win in my book. Another decade and you will know that having some aches and pains is just a reminder that you are still on the green side of the sod.

Mornin' folks. Not quite as cold this am. 7C/45F
A veritable heat wave! :sad2:

That's awesome! Seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list, for sure. That must have been really cool.

Well, come on up... then keep going up.... and up.... :laughing:

Less green, more blue.

:rolleyes1

Home from tennis tonight. I'm not hurting as bad as usual. I think that counts as a win.

That definitely counts as a win, in my books.

That's cold. Are you keeping all the penguins there? :lmao:

Wrong hemisphere!
But I (no lie) lived for four years just a little farther north where the pests weren't bugs, but polar bears.

If I could afford a bucket and had time to make a list it would be on mine as well. Had a better chance growing up south of Buffalo than I do now.

I'm thinking it'd be a little tough to see them from Kentucky. ::yes::

AWOL the last couple of days. Not feeling really great but I seem a little better today.

Only 5C/40F, but....
Looked up.
Stopped dead.
Just beautiful.

Amazing. They are one the things I think I will not see in person. The ISS post on Twitter videos of Auroras, very beautiful. Glad the kids were as excited as you were.

"Is it good?", she said.

That is so diabolical. And wonderfuly played.

I like the Beverly.

You are a wild man sir.

Throw back Thursday 11-2007

The "I can't believe I am doing this just so you can take a picture," look

Sucker!

Wrong hemisphere!
But I (no lie) lived for four years just a little farther north where the pests weren't bugs, but polar bears.
::

Nope! You and that Canada Disney movie have it all wrong. We know your keeping the penguins up there. :lmao:

I'm a product of KY schools. :rotfl:

Throwback Thursday. I have never tried the Beverly, and never will. But, since your in Epcot.......

WP_20150730_021.jpg

Out of town on business last couple of days. Heading out tomorrow for DS visit at UTC as well as for family weekend. The Mocs are playing Mars Hill - yes that is a university but are they kidding? We will hopefully be in an establishment by half time to catch the NDgame. Have a good Friday and better weekend gents.
Another day at the office means another day closer to WDW. I've not looked forward to staying in a value resort after buying into DVC, but this will make a new resort we've stayed at on property. A day at Disney is better than a day otherwise
The value resorts is what we started with as a young family as well as twice with DDs club soccer team. A bit nostalgic I'd say - actually would not mind doing one of those again some day.
Only 5C/40F, but....
Looked up.
Stopped dead.
Just beautiful.
Very cool
AWOL the last couple of days. Not feeling really great but I seem a little better today.

Amazing. They are one the things I think I will not see in person. The ISS post on Twitter videos of Auroras, very beautiful. Glad the kids were as excited as you were.

That is so diabolical. And wonderfuly played.

You are a wild man sir.

Throw back Thursday 11-2007

Sucker!

Hope you are feeling better. You know the PP is gonna get even with ya one of these days for posting this stuff.
Nope! You and that Canada Disney movie have it all wrong. We know your keeping the penguins up there. :lmao:

I'm a product of KY schools. :rotfl:

Throwback Thursday. I have never tried the Beverly, and never will. But, since your in Epcot.......

View attachment 123086
Hey, look at the young kids!

I really debated waking them up so early... but I'm glad I did.
Actually, I think they would've been upset with me if I hadn't!

:lmao:

Okay! Okay! Ya got me.
We have them... and they're delicious.

What?

Morning gents.
Just another day in paradise... and by paradise I mean it's 4C/39F freaking degrees out!!!
It's too early for this nonsense!

'Morning all...
It is morning, right?
At least I think it's morning, there seems to be some kind of light emanating from the sky.

Just beautiful.

That must have been amazing...
An aurora is one of those things I'd like to see, but likely wont.

"Is it good?", she said.

Nice job of obfuscation there.
No direct lies were told while simultaneously no important facts were offered and the listeners came away with the wrong impression. You would do well working either on Madison Ave or as a political speech writer.
(I hear there's good money in both fields).

Me too, me too, and me too (sort'a)...

Yep... that's the look.
And she already had the pirate thing going on with the impromptu eye patch.
Great picture there.

View attachment 123086

Then you are smarter than most.
But like the rest of us, the youth portrayed in that picture has long sense moved on.

Out of town on business last couple of days. Heading out tomorrow for DS visit at UTC as well as for family weekend. The Mocs are playing Mars Hill - yes that is a university but are they kidding? We will hopefully be in an establishment by half time to catch the NDgame. Have a good Friday and better weekend gents.

Enjoy the trip. Y'all ought not have too much trouble with Mars Hill (nor anyone in the SoCon for that matter).

Morning gents.
Just another day in paradise... and by paradise I mean it's 4C/39F freaking degrees out!!!
It's too early for this nonsense!

Yeah, that's a mite different from what we're used to.
Today will be "pleasant" for us with the high only in the mid to upper 80s.
Of course the 97% humidity takes the shine right off of that pretty quickly.
Oh, and the likely torrential down poor that ought'a show up in the early evening...
that'll have to be reckoned with as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter