DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I was going to treat today as an ordinary Friday. My plan was to go to Cracker Barrel to have breakfast and then hit the post office to drop off a care package for DD. Turned on MSNBC and their replay of coverage of the WTC from the Today Show. Still hits me.

This was a picture inside Tower 2 less than a month before. My office is just to the left out of frame by the water. I was in DC that day doing a donor event. It was a strange time living in New York during the following months.

A somber day. Hopefully, we can all remember, forgive, and remain vigilant to prevent future attacks.

Hey, look at the young kids!

I was young once, a long time ago.

Okay! Okay! Ya got me.
We have them... and they're delicious.
?

Penguin steak? :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Morning gents.
Just another day in paradise... and by paradise I mean it's 4C/39F freaking degrees out!!!
It's too early for this nonsense!

That's really cold. And I really was thinking about moving to Canada.

'
Yep... that's the look.
And she already had the pirate thing going on with the impromptu eye patch.
Great picture there.

I thought she was doing the look of the girl from the Incredibles.

This was a picture inside Tower 2 less than a month before. My office is just to the left out of frame by the water. I was in DC that day doing a donor event. It was a strange time living in New York during the following months.

That's some perspective right there. Great picture.

Great family day today at UTC. DS got a a great one on one with the professor and faculty here for the interior architecture degree program. They went out of the way for him including two current students giving him a tour and insights into the program. He is now more pumped and excited to pursue.
I was going to treat today as an ordinary Friday. My plan was to go to Cracker Barrel to have breakfast and then hit the post office to drop off a care package for DD. Turned on MSNBC and their replay of coverage of the WTC from the Today Show. Still hits me.

All I can say is wow and perspective. Have learned a lot about ya Thea past few weeks that some of the veterans already knew.
I was young once, a long time ago.
In a galaxy far, far away …

Morning...
A day off... but we agreed to drive the rugrat to school when she has band in the morning.
So I'm up and out of the house by 7:15am
Good thing it only happens on Mondays... and Tuesdays... oh, and Thursdays.
And Fridays.

Morning dads.
Good weekend for me; kids had a party Saturday and DW had to work so I had the house to my self for almost 5 hours. Whoo!! Hoo!!
Aggies won big and the Cowboys pulled off a victory somehow.

Happy Monday...if there is such a thing when not in the World or the Land.
The fam and I had a busy but fun weekend.
We started off with my youngest daughter's soccer game. She had 2 goals and played really well. Her team did a nice job for the most part and I didn't strike any of the kids. So it's a win all around.
Oldest DD turned 11 on Saturday, so we went to lunch with a family friend and her new born. We followed that up by cleaning our house only to have it destroyed by about a dozen tweens for a sleepover. Girls were all actually pretty good, just LOUD.
Met friends and took some of the girls from the sleepover to the Pirates game. It was a tremendous, extra innings, come-from-behind victory. Sadly, we left in the 7th. We rarely leave a game early but we were all completely exhausted. I caught the rest of the game on the radio and TV as I slipped in\out of a coma on the couch.
Now it's back to the rat race...soccer tonight, daughter's chorus on Tue, CCD on Wed, Gymnastics on Thursday, helping a buddy close his pool on Friday....rinse and repeat.

Long work day, but I can use the extra cash for the WDW/ beach trip. Tennis tonite in 68 degree weather.

I don't think that means what you think it means.

UK Football actually won a road game. They have never done that in the 5+ years I have been here. The times they are a changing.

I know. Who would have thought it....

and the Bills won.:woohoo:

.... or that. You must be happy.

Morning dads.
Good weekend for me; kids had a party Saturday and DW had to work so I had the house to my self for almost 5 hours. Whoo!! Hoo!!
Aggies won big and the Cowboys pulled off a victory somehow.

Despite the consistent play call of the Cowboys run the ball on 1st down and then throw it the next two downs. The game shouldn't have been that close.

We started off with my youngest daughter's soccer game. She had 2 goals and played really well. Her team did a nice job for the most part and I didn't strike any of the kids. So it's a win all around.
Oldest DD turned 11 on Saturday, so we went to lunch with a family friend and her new born. We followed that up by cleaning our house only to have it destroyed by about a dozen tweens for a sleepover. Girls were all actually pretty good, just LOUD.
Met friends and took some of the girls from the sleepover to the Pirates game. It was a tremendous, extra innings, come-from-behind victory. Sadly, we left in the 7th. We rarely leave a game early but we were all completely exhausted. I caught the rest of the game on the radio and TV as I slipped in\out of a coma on the couch.
Now it's back to the rat race...soccer tonight, daughter's chorus on Tue, CCD on Wed, Gymnastics on Thursday, helping a buddy close his pool on Friday....rinse and repeat.

Sounds crazy and about like my life here. Good luck and see you at WDW.

Top O the Morning Dads
Too bad Pirates, Cubs & Cards are in the same division the way all 3 teams are playing this year.
Prelim plans for the World....
View attachment 123769
Nice Plans, like them a lot. I have talked about switching resorts during trips but have been met with family push back. Have you done this before or is this the first time? Be interested in some "selling points" for the family on moving hotels.

Morning from windy and rainy Key Largo. Weather is going to be garbage today but the Tiki Hut is under cover. In other words, life doesn't suck. Memorial service for the friend that passed away is later this afternoon, followed by a fleet of boats heading out and then a BBQ at a local watering hole. Hope the weather breaks later today so plans are not hindered.

Carpe Diem

Morning from windy and rainy Key Largo. Weather is going to be garbage today but the Tiki Hut is under cover. In other words, life doesn't suck. Memorial service for the friend that passed away is later this afternoon, followed by a fleet of boats heading out and then a BBQ at a local watering hole. Hope the weather breaks later today so plans are not hindered.

Carpe Diem

Other than the rain, it sounds like it'll be a very nice memorial service.
Enjoy the company, trade stories of your friend, celebrate life.

Carpe Diem
Hope all went as planned and you were able to celebrate your friend

Morning gents.
Rainy and cool... but not cold. So that's a net plus, isn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter