DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are saying people are canceling their BoG restaurant ADRs in protest of alcohol sales against Walts wishes, how does everyone on here feel about it?

Mmm beer. But seriously though, I don't mind it. It's not like they are selling it at quick serve locations.

afwdwfan said:
I feel like I'd better start scouting for an ADR to open up that I can use! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

jmwest said:
Mmm beer. But seriously though, I don't mind it. It's not like they are selling it at quick serve locations.

I see why people would be upset with it being against Walts wishes, I'm sure the protest would be noted but there are always going to be other people who do not mind the alcohol sales that will gladly take the ADR when someone cancels as already noted, it's in one part of the park, it's not like they can carry it around the park, I love Walts ideas and wishes and that's created a wonderful place for kids and adults, alcohol sales are going to be such a small part though, they already have it during private functions so having in one place isn't going to destroy the park and over all what Walt stood for

It is just in the one restraunt so I dont think it is a big deal. Just because they sell it does not mean you have to drink it!

Someone made a good point on the Facebook discussion....

It bothers me, but it's not any different than people leaving MK to go to 'Ohana and drinking there for dinner. Then they come back to MK anyway.

They are saying people are canceling their BoG restaurant ADRs in protest of alcohol sales against Walts wishes, how does everyone on here feel about it?

I say those people are missing something. No one knows what he would have done today. As far as alcohol in the parks, he was the one that created Club 33 in DL.

I wonder if all those people go to EPCOT? It isn't what he wished for.

I see why people would be upset with it being against Walts wishes, I'm sure the protest would be noted but there are always going to be other people who do not mind the alcohol sales that will gladly take the ADR when someone cancels as already noted, it's in one part of the park, it's not like they can carry it around the park, I love Walts ideas and wishes and that's created a wonderful place for kids and adults, alcohol sales are going to be such a small part though, they already have it during private functions so having in one place isn't going to destroy the park and over all what Walt stood for

I understand both sides of the debate. I wouldn't want to go against Walt's wishes for a family friendly park, but I really don't see drinks being offered with dinner at a sit down restaurant as going against that idea. Now if they were selling jello shots in the hub (kind of like that other Orlando park) then you might be pushing it just a bit too far. I don't think this is going to result in drunken and disorderly conduct any more than drinking at a resort restaurant or lounge and showing up at MK.

DOes not bother me at all. Times change. The Disney company is running a business and the powers-that-be must feel this is a way to generate income. It is only one restaurant in the park.

I may be the wrong person to ask because I hope they start serving alcohol on "It's a Small World."

ClearScreen said:
DOes not bother me at all. Times change. The Disney company is running a business and the powers-that-be must feel this is a way to generate income. It is only one restaurant in the park.

I may be the wrong person to ask because I hope they start serving alcohol on "It's a Small World."

That just made my day, i know pretty sad right?, if they ever do, we all know who gets a cut of the action

Steve, sounds like you have a good team at the school helping to address Ethan's needs.
First step to helping, is understanding the problem and it sounds like huge strides are being made to do just that.
We are only here to offer words of support and encouragement... You guys are the ones who really make the difference in his life.
Good luck on the first steps of a long journey of support and love.
When you need us, we'll be here.
Ethan should be very comforted to know he has parents that truly love and care for him.

:grouphug:

That certainly would be a HUGE revenue generator.... :rotfl2:

Evening guys,

just became the assistant coach to DS's JV middle school soccer team. They created 2 teams and his team only had one coach while the other had 3. Didn't seem fair to me.

Tonight we are off to his year-end party for his club team.

Hi guys. Sorry for no updates, crappy connection in the room. Just met up with Randall here at Pop. We are going to try and meet for breakfast in the morning.

Our last day here and we head out tomorrow. Pop is definitely worth the money and the food court is better than some of the moderates we have stayed at.

I'll post some pics when we get home.

Leave IASW alone. I like the ride as is.

I hear you. In the past month or so, I've plopped down a benjamin on soccer, almost a ben and a half on theater class, and just short of a ben on swimming lessons. :headache: Now that I look back at it, I just spent $300 to tie up almost every week night from now until the snow flies.

It doesn't get any cheaper. $1000 for dance a year for one child. :scared1:

Thanks to a well placed vacation day, plus the first Professional Development Day at school, I have a three day weekend. :thumbsup2 We've booked that cottage again foe the weekend to see the fall colours up north/Algonquin and ake sneak a dying-days-of-summer swim if the weather holds the way it's been. Have a safe and good weekend guys!

Good planning.

Thanks guys for all the prayers!! I know they helped because the news we got was expected but still shocking to know the severity of it. They showed us the test results and each of them displayed the same information. One thing I did not know was that he has developed avoidance techniques when he comes across something he can not do. He is trying to cover up so that others might not realize he is struggling. I guess during one of the tests when it came to a writing part of the exam he dropped his pencil over and over as a way of just trying to not have to deal with it. We had to sign papers for the change in curriculum and they will be taking him out of his normal class room for reading writing and math to have more time and a different way to teaching things to him. There were all very nice and have his bet interests at heart. They kept saying that they could help him. I honestly feel like a burden has been lifted!! We have another meeting with them on the 28th not sure what that will be about but I dont think it will be quite as stressful as this one was. We had the principal, teacher, speech pathologist, couselor, reading interventionalist, and writing interventionalist all in there with there packets of infor laying it out to us! Whew! I am glad it is over, but evenmore glad that we can help him!!!

Glad things are moving forward in the right direction.

I could live with MK being alcohol free, but for me, I can't vote against alcohol. It's a rule from of my catholic classes

Friday night ownage.

Well, I may as well come on here and own it. My Bears stunk it up big time tonight. The only thing that salvaged the evening was seeing one of our buddies suffer through an hour long back and forth with a sweet, young lady before finally getting the assist from another friend to get her number. He is recently 'back in the game' after 12 years.

I could smell them from here.

Great to see her get in to it. Soccer is a great game for young kids and it is fun to watch them play. It always reminds me of a swarm of bees moving around the field with the ball in the middle. Every now and then one bee will drop out to check out a flower on the field before joining back in.

Agreed. Even better as they get older and learn to play.

Any other thoughts. Shipments to my mailbox?

I play occasionally still. My shoulder won't let me play competitively any more. I did try out in college but I had not picked up a racquet all summer because I was working so much. The results are what you would expect.

I'm to in good enough shape to play competitively, but I still get there with a few friends (non Dis dads). I'll play someone new occasionally, who always thnk they have an easy win because of my size. They get ticked when I beat them.

AirGoofy said:
Leave IASW alone. I like the ride as is.

It doesn't get any cheaper. $1000 for dance a year for one child. :scared1:

Good planning.

Glad things are moving forward in the right direction.

I could live with MK being alcohol free, but for me, I can't vote against alcohol. It's a rule from of my catholic classes

And I thought 100 for soccer was bad lol,maybe I should be glad DD didn't want to do tap anymore :)

Either way the alcohol thing doesn't bother me, I can go to a park and not drink but if I'm having dinner at BOG then I may or may not have a beer

Ok y'all may call me crazy but I'm thinking about booking a long weekend trip to DL at the end of Oct, does anyone know if 2 park days and a Halloween party night is enough to see pretty much all there is to see? I have free round trip tix, I was thinking about going during dec, but trying to decide if the fireworks are worth going earlier( big NBC fan) I know HM is the same through Halloween and Christmas so the fireworks is the determining factor of when we go, any ideas or thoughts?

And I thought 100 for soccer was bad lol,maybe I should be glad DD didn't want to do tap anymore :)

Either way the alcohol thing doesn't bother me, I can go to a park and not drink but if I'm having dinner at BOG then I may or may not have a beer

That includes, lessons, costumes, and all them shoes. Still :scared1:

Ok y'all may call me crazy but I'm thinking about booking a long weekend trip to DL at the end of Oct, does anyone know if 2 park days and a Halloween party night is enough to see pretty much all there is to see? I have free round trip tix, I was thinking about going during dec, but trying to decide if the fireworks are worth going earlier( big NBC fan) I know HM is the same through Halloween and Christmas so the fireworks is the determining factor of when we go, any ideas or thoughts?

This October? Aren't you meeting me in WDW this October. Did you hit the lotto?

AirGoofy said:
That includes, lessons, costumes, and all them shoes. Still :scared1:

This October? Aren't you meeting me in WDW this October. Did you hit the lotto?

Lol no, yes def meeting in wdw, I think if I do DL with DD I might do Dec, would love to see the light and HM holiday will still be going, I have 2 rd trip flights so just thinking how to use it, but all I've looked at is expensive, 2 day stay and park tix is about the same as our 4 night stay and park tix at wdw,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter