DDA Motivation & Support Thread

babytrees said:
I will probably pick them up tommorow....Abi is still home sick...I think she and I have the same thing....the tummy just doesn't feel right. But she can stay home....I have determined that I am not office manager I am mommy to almost 1000 people/families. And as we all know mommies never get a day off. :teeth:

I'm sorry to hear that you are still both feeling yucky. Here's some pixie dust :tink: from Tink herself. Hoping that helps. Can't wait to hear what the pictures are. That was exciting for us when we were getting years of our film developed that had piled up. I helped my best friend get hers done as well. We had fun picking them up. We'd open them up in the car and enjoy before we left the parking lot. She was as far behind as I was. We both finally have it all developed but both our lives got too busy to go any further. We get to have lunch about once a month now - no time to work on pictures together. That's why you guys have been such a help. I was travelling alot and the one thing that I always have is my laptop with network connection (need it for work). Hope you both start feeling better soon.

babytrees said:
Okay, because I know you all are dying to know :rotfl2: :

[FONT=Book Antiqua]I DID IT!!! [/FONT] :teeth:

I got four rolls in to be developed tonight(hubby picked a roll that had been exposed) AND picked up 2 disposable cameras with coupon for $2 of developing. Now I can't wait to see what is on these rolls :lmao:

Yay!!! :Pinkbounc

MinnieMouseMom said:
Great job! Keep it up! :cheer2:

I actually scrapped some last weekend to of our trip in December. Mine are pretty plain though. If you want to take a look: http://gallery.lifetimemoments.com/showgallery.php?cat=8582

Great LOs :thumbsup2

ETA: I've come to own up that I haven't done anything for my goal yet - but I have sorted out my house ready for vistors this week, done 3 boxes of ironing, planned a vow renewal for Friday and sorted out my wedding reception for Saturday night! So Vicki has kindly given me a reprieve - gotta love her :goodvibes

My newest goal is to make a three tiered iced cake for the party - and I'll be doing it tomorrow night... so if you catch me DISing feel free to check the cake is in the oven :rotfl: I'll probably take some photos and publish them here so that you can all let me know whether I should actually allow the cake out in public! I'll be icing it on Friday morning before getting my wedding dress back on for the ceremony :goodvibes

rosiejo said:
Great LOs :thumbsup2

ETA: I've come to own up that I haven't done anything for my goal yet - but I have sorted out my house ready for vistors this week, done 3 boxes of ironing, planned a vow renewal for Friday and sorted out my wedding reception for Saturday night! So Vicki has kindly given me a reprieve - gotta love her :goodvibes

My newest goal is to make a three tiered iced cake for the party - and I'll be doing it tomorrow night... so if you catch me DISing feel free to check the cake is in the oven :rotfl: I'll probably take some photos and publish them here so that you can all let me know whether I should actually allow the cake out in public! I'll be icing it on Friday morning before getting my wedding dress back on for the ceremony :goodvibes

All right what time tomorrow should I be telling you to check on that cake :teeth: ?

I believe I am 8 hours behind you as I remember(it was always hard remembering what time to call my mom while I was in the UK)

Hi Theresa - it's 9.50pm here - and the cakes are all baked! I have two cakes and about 25 cup cakes. Tomorrow morning I will ice them... and then post pictures :)

rosiejo said:
Hi Theresa - it's 9.50pm here - and the cakes are all baked! I have two cakes and about 25 cup cakes. Tomorrow morning I will ice them... and then post pictures :)

Way to go!!! :sunny:

I was on the other thread and saw you decided to see over here if you had gotten your cake done.

You are only seven hours ahead of us. So close yet so far!

rosiejo said:

Can't wait to see it!!!!!! I love to decorate cakes!!

Okay....how perfect is this? Hubby went to pick up the three rolls of film (turns out one was too damaged to develop...gee couldn't be because of how old they were?) and they are baby pic's of both my girls :lovestruc ...now 13 and 9.

So now that I have that step accomplished....on to the next rolls...this time I really am going to go to Walmart for them. :rotfl:

babytrees said:
Okay....how perfect is this? Hubby went to pick up the three rolls of film (turns out one was too damaged to develop...gee couldn't be because of how old they were?) and they are baby pic's of both my girls :lovestruc ...now 13 and 9.

So now that I have that step accomplished....on to the next rolls...this time I really am going to go to Walmart for them. :rotfl:

You are not alone in this!!! We had baby pictures and prom pictures coming back together when I finally got around to getting them developed! :rotfl: One baby step made, now onto the next one! Isn't it cool seeing those pictures? The memories they invoke!!!!!!!! I love pictures.

Cinderumbrella said:
Can't wait to see it!!!!!! I love to decorate cakes!!

Another one of those creative things I've always wanted to try but never have (because I'm a perfectionist and don't feel I have any creativity). With the help of my DDA friends, I'm trying to get past that. Thanks for being there for me!!!!

Okay my priority the next couple of weeks is to fix Abi's afghan....I made both of the girls afghans for Christmas anyway Abi's ended up with a huge hole in it (a knot had unknotted). I thought gee that isn't very far back in the afghan I'll just unravel and recrochet it :lmao: . I didn't want Abi's to be different from Cass's but I definitely bit off more than I can crochet. So that is my goal for the next couple of weeks. Refinish Abi's afghan.

My babies were so sweet :angel: they are sleeping with the these afghans every night. They were also my first stabs at crocheting (learned in August).

So if we want to take a stab at something we can....sometimes we find we love it and are good at it (crocheting for me) and sometimes we find out there is a reason we have stayed away from it :teeth: (sewing for me).

So decorate a cake and we'll be here to be your taste testers, UP!!!

babytrees said:
Okay my priority the next couple of weeks is to fix Abi's afghan....I made both of the girls afghans for Christmas anyway Abi's ended up with a huge hole in it (a knot had unknotted). I thought gee that isn't very far back in the afghan I'll just unravel and recrochet it :lmao: . I didn't want Abi's to be different from Cass's but I definitely bit off more than I can crochet. So that is my goal for the next couple of weeks. Refinish Abi's afghan.

My babies were so sweet :angel: they are sleeping with the these afghans every night. They were also my first stabs at crocheting (learned in August).

So if we want to take a stab at something we can....sometimes we find we love it and are good at it (crocheting for me) and sometimes we find out there is a reason we have stayed away from it :teeth: (sewing for me).

So decorate a cake and we'll be here to be your taste testers, UP!!!

That is wonderful that they love their afghans. I'm sure you will enjoy getting it fixed. Crocheting & knitting can be so relaxing. I've made pot holders with both. I like that you can take it anywhere and be productive. I've never tried anything more challenging. Maybe after I do some scrapping and designing with the help of you wonderful people, I'll give it a shot.

My mother is a knitter and sewer. She made most of my clothes when I was little because we couldn't afford to buy new clothes. When I was a baby, she would make my clothes out of her old ones. She has made doll clothes, slippers, scarves, sweaters, pajamas, quilts, shirts, and much more for the girls & I. The girls have always loved the home-made stuff. My mom showed my girls how to knit over Christmas and they are both making scarves with the fun yarn for friends.

I am going to complete at least 2 scrapbook pages this week-end. I have everything I need. I just need to sit down and do it. All support is appreciated.

They're all iced - and looking good... I took work in progress pictures and I just need to put the topper on and take the finished picture - I'll do it in the morning and upload the pics.

I've been busy this afternoon at my vow renewal - I have some pics if anyone is interested http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2111788297 I love digital - you can see your pictures within minutes :)

UP Disney said:
Another one of those creative things I've always wanted to try but never have (because I'm a perfectionist and don't feel I have any creativity). With the help of my DDA friends, I'm trying to get past that. Thanks for being there for me!!!!

It is so much fun. I never even took a class. I just bought the stuff and started doing it. For Kyle's 1st birthday I made a 3-D Winnie the Pooh Cake... I'll find a picture and post it. Last year was Thomas the Train so I made little train cakes. This year is Bob the Builder.

I do cookies too- like the big cookie bouquets from the mall. That is even more fun!!

rosiejo said:
They're all iced - and looking good... I took work in progress pictures and I just need to put the topper on and take the finished picture - I'll do it in the morning and upload the pics.

I've been busy this afternoon at my vow renewal - I have some pics if anyone is interested http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2111788297 I love digital - you can see your pictures within minutes :)

You better or we will come get you!!!!

Cinderumbrella said:
I do cookies too- like the big cookie bouquets from the mall. That is even more fun!!

Yummy!! I would love to do that!! I personally have very little patience for icing cakes in special ways....but my girls seem to like me anyway!!

I have a friend who is constantly bakes...she can't not bake and she does lovely cakes I may have her do Abi's this year....because she doesn't use mixes!!

While we were in Barnes & Noble today, I found a box to hold pictures in....should hold about 1000 for 75% off. So for $3 I now have something to put the pictures I am finally getting developed in and satisfied the bargain hunter in me too :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter