DDA Motivation & Support Thread

Discussion in 'Creative DISigns' started by UP Disney, Jan 16, 2006.

1. UP Disney

UP Disney Now known as Disney Yooper

Hi, My name is Vicki. I am a scrapbooker, t-shirt designer, knitter, crocheter, etc. wannabe. However, I never get myself motivated enough to actually do it (mostly because I don't feel creative enough).

I've got all the supplies I need to scrapbook and then some. I started my first scrapbook page 6 or 7 years ago. I have three pages done and none started. I have about 15 years of photos to organize. I posted an idea on the DDA main thread about starting a motivation thread and there were several people that seemed interested. It will greatly help me knowing that there are others out there holding me accountable. So here it is.

My first goal is:

Scrapbook two pages a month (I'm starting small to get started)
    Work on getting my photos organized so I know what I can scrapbook.
    Design family t-shirt and get them ironed on before our trip

So for any DDA's that want to join in, just post your name and goal. It can be related to scrapbooking, autograph books, t-shirt designs, or anything that you want support or motivation. Let us know what helps get you motivated if there is any way that we can help. Post as you make progress or need support.

Thanks Deb for the idea from your weight loss accountability thread. That has helped me keep some of my weight loss goals. I thought this wonderful group could help with this as well since it is design related.

Vicki

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. my3princes

my3princes <font color=red>Looking for a milestone to claim<b

I am so not a scrapper, but I think your goals seem attainable. I'm sure others will be able to give more advice/support. Good luck.

Deb

4. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Hi,
    I'm Kristin and I, too, am a scrapper wannabe. I started scrapping when my son, Kyle, was born 2.5 years ago and have stayed pretty current with his book- I just need to do Christmas.

My problem is my Disney Scrapbook for our Oct 2005 trip. I have the stuff to do it but just can't get motivated to start it since it is such a big project.

My goal is to do all of Kyle's Christmas pages by Valentine's Day and start the Disney book no later than March 1 with a Competion of June 1.

5. babytrees

babytrees <font color=blue>I hate when you've been salivatin

My name is Theresa and I am scrapper wanna be among other wanna be's :rotfl:

My goal for January is to get all of my pictures developed(yes there are tons of rolls just waiting to be developed!!)

My other goal is to buy the transfer paper so I can have 2 shirts and two pillowcases done by February 14th.

I have all this creative energy I just get overwhelmed by how much needs to be done.

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

6. rosiejo

rosiejo <marquee><font color=orange>Wonky Chick</marquee><

I'm a wannabe digital scrapper - I've started scrapping my November trip and fairy tale wedding photos - but need to get more done.

I'm going to do at least 3 of each by the end of February (starting small ok?)

:)

7. UP Disney

Boy, do I hear that about getting the film developed. I had about 13 years piled up. I have it all developed now. What I have to do is try to figure out when they were taken and who they are!! :-) I have to keep reminding myself: one step at a time.

8. babytrees

I was only a little plagued with guilt over the film until last night when I went to my first ever Creative Memories party....oh man the guilt started in full blast then.

I think I will do the 15 minute trick that was on another thread. We'll see how many forms I can get filled out in 15 minutes. :rotfl2:

Anybody know the cheapest place to get film developed? Or maybe a place that gives discounts for bulk? :rotfl:

9. UP Disney

I don't know the cheapest place for film but if you have return address labels, that is a trick that I've read somewhere. Use those instead of filling out the top of the form with your address info. Some people actually put them on the film roll itself as well.

I was not the person that brought up the 15 minutes, but I am one that responded. It really does help. Using the timer is best. Then you aren't as tempted to keep looking at the clock. You know when that timer goes off, you are done for awhile!

I'm planning on putting some pictures together tonight and planning a page. I don't know if I'll get the page together but I want to spend some time on it. I think I'll do a Disney page to get me motivated.

The other thing that I've learned through all the organizational books, websites, etc. that I've read is to start with where you are at. It took years to accumulate all the film so it may take a little while to get it all developed. I could only do a few at a time because it cost me an arm & a leg.

Start where you are at means: when you finish a roll of film, get it developed right away, get the info written on the back (if you do that) and get them put away (whether that is scrapbooking, filing or a photo album).

10. babytrees

We used to get TONS of free return labels....of course have never gotten any for this address. Thought I might stop by Walgreens on the way home from work and pick up a handful of envelopes...get those filled out and put the film in ....when I get those returned repeat the process until I am done.

What do you think?

Theresa

11. UP Disney

Sounds like a great plan. That would fit the 15 minutes at a time really well. Plus the expense won't be all at once either.

I'm doing my disney pictures first. Tonight, I got all the originals documented on the back. I'm picking out photos now for my scrapbook pages so that I can make copies on my color copier/printer. Knowing I have to report here really got me moving. I had to stop myself from pulling out ALL my photos and trying to organize them.

12. stenogoddess

stenogoddess DIS Veteran

I love scrapping! I'll admit that I always feel like my pages aren't as creative as I would want them to be though. Sometimes, I actually shamelssly rip off other people's pages, with permission of course. I'll go in the scrap store and take pictures of some of their samples with my camera phone. LOL I can't see it very well but it gives me a jumping off point for when I get home. Also, I'll pull all my stuff out on the dinning room table and just scrap like a crazy person for three or four days and the put it all away for a few weeks and then repeat until caught up. Having it on the table, eating on the floor, and hearing the whining that comes from eating on the floor really pushes me to stay focused with it. Good luck y'all!

13. babytrees

My grandparents would have a fit if I did the make them eat on the floor :rotfl2: .

I didn't get to Walgreen's last night...had to try and make it home before my Grandma started cooking dinner(she's a horrible cook!!). I didn't :sad1: But I have just about 15 minutes in between work and my evening activities at work so I will do it then!!

This really is a great thread...typing out my goals help me do them..more so than just saying them out loud!!

14. UP Disney

Me too. I have been "planning" on getting the Disney pictures done since we got back last March. It wasn't until I said that I was going to scrapbook this month that I finally did it. Thanks for helping me out.

15. UP Disney

How is your scrapping coming? Had a chance to get anymore done?

16. babytrees

Help!!

I went to Walgreen's by home at lunch and they do not do the envelopes anymore...they are all computerized.Don't they know I only have 15 minutes? :rotfl2:

17. UP Disney

Do you have a wal-mart nearby? That is the cheapest for me in my area.

18. babytrees

I don't have a Walmart real close to me....BUT it is right across the street from my church....but I will not be going to church there this Sunday...I will be at my work church so I need to think this through....maybe I can go tommorow night to the one a little bit out of the way but on this end of town then go to other on the 29th.(that is one long sentence!!)

Who knew my 15 minute plan would take hours :rotfl2:

19. MinnieMouseMom

MinnieMouseMom <font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br><font color=te

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I've been working on scrapping my Disney pics. Few pages down, ton to go! LOL

20. Tammi67

Tammi67 <font color=green>1st to out the Tag Fairy as the

Hi folks! Now that I have gotten the kids autograph books done, and because of this new thread, I have been motivated to start scrapping in my kids' albums. I am a year and a half behind, in both, but I actually scrapped a few pages yesterday, and maybe I will get some more done this weekend.

21. UP Disney

That's what its here for. It is amazing how much more you get done when you know that you are letting others know about your progress. I still have to print my pictures for my pages for this month but I'll get to them this week-end! I have to because I told my DDA friends that I was going to.