DCL - rest of 2017?

I'm curious to see if they offer Hawaii again. Didn't they end up offering GT rates for those cruises last time? Anyone remember the pricing?

I think they offered them on the 2012 Hawaii sailings, not last year for the 2015 cruises.

Yes, I think you're right. I just went back and looked on Cruisefish. I seem to recall people reporting the ship wasn't full and there were many cast members on board. Seems odd they never offered any GT rates.

Yes, I think you're right. I just went back and looked on Cruisefish. I seem to recall people reporting the ship wasn't full and there were many cast members on board. Seems odd they never offered any GT rates.

Same happened with the inaugural Norway cruise last year. I got the impression that last year Disney tried everything to not have to offer GT rates. I guess people got too used to them during the previous two years that they tried very hard to scale back on the general public discounts. To me it seems that this year the discounts are back much more again...

What's GT?

*GT rates (officially listed as IGT for interior, OGT for oceanview, and VGT for verandah) are last minute special offers. They usually come out after the PIF date and require a new reservation as well as some other limitations. It's usually a good discount off the currently offered fares, whether or not it's less than opening day fares depends on the cruise and how much it has increased.

Enjoy your cruise!

I would love to do the EBPC. The later the better when the weather is cooler. I can't imagine how hot it's going to be this August. My guess would be it leaves Oct 22 and arrives in Galveston Nov 5.
The August 2016 EBPC returns to Port Canaveral. I'd prefer that end port to Galveston in fall 2017. I also agree that later/cooler is better!

What were the port times like on the Hawaii cruises? I've been searching but can't seem to find the itinerary that included the times.

The August 2016 EBPC returns to Port Canaveral. I'd prefer that end port to Galveston in fall 2017. I also agree that later/cooler is better!
Since I live on the West Coast I prefer Galveston. It is a pain getting from the port to the airport that is for sure.

Last time it was showing up in Maui and Honolulu's ports. Is there any evidence this year? I had such a fun time on that Hawaii cruise (and I love empty ships) I might be willing to repeat.
I checked the ports a few days ago and nothing is showing so far. Only Oahu and Kauai are showing for 2017 though.

They offered a lot of private discounts before that cruise. They actually came out before the PIF. Maybe if the cruise hadn't gone up since opening day, and they offered GT rates they might have a lot of people canceling and rebooking. If you book with an OBB the penalty is only 10%. I'm sure they look at a lot of factors. What really shocked me is that they didn't offer military discounts.

What were the port times like on the Hawaii cruises? I've been searching but can't seem to find the itinerary that included the times.
They were the normal 9-5 or 6. We overnighted in Honolulu which was great. It was by far my favorite cruise. It had just the right amount of kids. I feel funny saying that since I have kids, and I like kids.

Count me in for the second week of December 2017! Hoping to do the 4 nighter on the Dream.

Haha , this thread should be called: Will DCL offer Hawaii ;)
Does anyone have any idea when October to December 2017 will be released? All sailings, not Hawaii specifically.

Haha , this thread should be called: Will DCL offer Hawaii ;)
Does anyone have any idea when October to December 2017 will be released? All sailings, not Hawaii specifically.

I Just had a cup of coffee in my DCL Hawaii Tervis, thinking about our wonderful cruise last September and wishing they would offer it again this Fall.

Here's hoping......:flower1:

I Just had a cup of coffee in my DCL Hawaii Tervis, thinking about our wonderful cruise last September and wishing they would offer it again this Fall.

Here's hoping......:flower1:[/QUOTY

You have a DCL Tervis mug... I'm jealous :P

If Disney was going to have offered Hawaii for 2017, it would have been released already, no? September was released with the summer.

Same happened with the inaugural Norway cruise last year. I got the impression that last year Disney tried everything to not have to offer GT rates. I guess people got too used to them during the previous two years that they tried very hard to scale back on the general public discounts. To me it seems that this year the discounts are back much more again...
Interesting that this year's Norway cruise (which we are on) sold out (save concierge) rather quickly. I believe that the big difference was sailing from Dover instead of Copenhagen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter