DCL - rest of 2017?

Argh - we weren't cruising again next year, but I am desperate to get to Prince Edward Island....we couldn't go there last time we went to Canada and it's on my bucket list. Now to convince hubby... (or do I just book and then can cancel later? Lol)

We are from PEI and it will be so awesome to see the Magic in port here! I say, book and cancel later, haha....or may be you won't have to cancel :)

haha, I read that wrong ....It does open at 8 AM ET (or at least that was the case today). I believe it is earlier online but not sure exactly what time - 7am, maybe?
I know that in the past online bookings have opened before 8am. So I would be checking from about 7am. Maybe even earlier if you're up anyway :)

AHHHHHHH just booked our cruise!! Going December 15, 2017 out of Galveston. Whoop whoop!!

This will be our first Disney cruise, the first time we've attempted to use a travel agent, and the first time I've tried to book this early. I put in requests with two travel agencies for price quotes in mid-April and haven't heard from either of them yet. Is this typical? I had expected to have the quotes by now and be able to book. What about the process am I not understanding?

This will be our first Disney cruise, the first time we've attempted to use a travel agent, and the first time I've tried to book this early. I put in requests with two travel agencies for price quotes in mid-April and haven't heard from either of them yet. Is this typical? I had expected to have the quotes by now and be able to book. What about the process am I not understanding?

Did you receive any acknowledgement of your initial contacts done back in April? I'm wondering if your requests were too vague. Did you ask for specific sail date(s)? The latter part of 2017 itineraries were just released for public booking today, so TA's may still be getting info out to their newest customers. I would definitely reach out again to make sure your initial contact was even received.

Enjoy your cruise!

Did you receive any acknowledgement of your initial contacts done back in April? I'm wondering if your requests were too vague. Did you ask for specific sail date(s)? The latter part of 2017 itineraries were just released for public booking today, so TA's may still be getting info out to their newest customers. I would definitely reach out again to make sure your initial contact was even received.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for replying so quickly (I'm getting a little twitchy waiting to book)! I got replies back from both within a day and actually asked each an additional question in response to the initial emails. Both responded at the time within the day. That's part of why I'm so perplexed. I mean I could've booked online myself this morning, but I've got questions I think only an experienced travel agent could handle.

Again, thank you for getting back to me. One of the biggest advantages I've experienced through these boards is the opportunity to commensurate with other cruisers and people in the know.

Were you looking for a late 2017 itinerary that was just released? Or something earlier? If something earlier, they should have been able to get back to you long ago with a quote. If something that was just released, did you contact them again Tuesday or yesterday with more specifics (ship, dates, etc.)? I guess just contact them to request it again.

Enjoy your cruise!

I've worked in the Hospitality industry, specifically in resorts, and I personally don't use a travel agent for domestic travel. Too much can go wrong (not that it WILL go wrong, but I've seen the ugly end of things and it left a sour taste). With Disney, specifically, it is SO easy to book your vacation yourself online or on the phone. I personally don't like getting a third party involved, I prefer to do things directly. To each his own!

I was on the phone with DCL at 8AM yesterday rebooking my "placeholder" cruise to a Category 5E (DLX OV w/ Veranda) Fantasy Eastern Caribbean on 12/02/17. The call volume was surprisingly not as long as I expected. I called once at 8 and once at 10:30 and I wasn't on hold for longer than 10 minutes either time.

I'm so glad that they released the Fall 2017 itineraries and that I've secured a SUPER awesome corner room with an extended curved veranda! Now the hardest part is waiting the 554 days until we sail!

We booked for 12/9/2017 on the Fantasy - so excited! We really wanted the 12/16 sailing but it was $3000+ more.

We used an agent. I am typically one who wants total control of my reservation. However we always need two rooms and are fairly new to cruising and DCL. My agent has gotten us the BEST set of rooms for our needs three times in a row now. DCL's website is so awful and I'm just not familiar enough with the ships to handle it myself yet. We spend a lot of time in our rooms and so room choice is paramount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter