D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

I remember they released a pretty decent schedule last time, I think maybe in September? And then the full schedule close before the event.

I got to talk with him at Trader Sam's for 20 minutes at the last Expo, and it felt like I took a master class on theme park design.
AND OMG SO JEALOUS!!! How did that happen?? I managed to get a photo with him at the Expo but did not have time to talk.

AND OMG SO JEALOUS!!! How did that happen?? I managed to get a photo with him at the Expo but did not have time to talk.

After day 2 of the last Expo, I met up with some friends on the patio of Trader Sam's, and the next table over from us was Joe and some members of his team. He was talking to anybody who came up to him, so I went up just to say "hi" and it became this 20 minute conversation that ranged from his philosophy to design to the mission of Animal Kingdom to how Avatar will fit into it. I'm telling you, if you had any reservations about Avatar, he will convince you otherwise!

As I was talking to him, some other friends were texting me asking where I was and if I wanted to meet up, so I asked Joe if I could get a pic to show my friends I was busy. He gladly went along with it. The response from my friends was "Ok, so I guess you're never leaving where you are." lol

OMG amazing! I was never worried about Avatar since I knew he was doing it - even though I hated the movie lol. He is just fantastic!

Not sure if they email a schedule to everybody ahead of time, but as a VIP last time, I got an schedule about 2 or 3 weeks before the event.
I'm late to this stream. Sorry. Headed to the D23 Adventure and am very excited. What time do you think the event will be over Saturday? Any thoughts as to the special event Sunday night? And we can register Friday and shop before the MVMCP in your opinion? Thanks!

I'm late to this stream. Sorry. Headed to the D23 Adventure and am very excited. What time do you think the event will be over Saturday? Any thoughts as to the special event Sunday night? And we can register Friday and shop before the MVMCP in your opinion? Thanks!
Never mind! Kept reading through the board and found all the answers. Have to say meeting JR is on the top of my bucket list!

Waiting patiently.... sort of.... for more information.......:fish:

I looked at the emails I got for the last Destination D, and they waited until 10 days before the event started to email me the official schedule.

I looked at the emails I got for the last Destination D, and they waited until 10 days before the event started to email me the official schedule.

I get that we don't really NEED to know anything before then, we're just all so excited! It'd be awesome to get any kind of update before a week and a half prior this time :).

They also released these times:
Friday, November 18: Destination D registration is scheduled to be open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Saturday, November 19: Destination D presentations are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 6 p.m, with a break from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Registration is scheduled to be open from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Sunday, November 20: Destination D presentations are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 5:30 p.m, with a break from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.

Evening activities and hours for Mickey’s of Glendale and the Walt Disney Archives special exhibit will be announced in the near future.

Still waiting for a schedule but they did announce some of the exclusive merchandise for the event! http://d23.com/exclusive-merchandise-revealed-for-d23s-destination-d-amazing-adventures/

Can't wait until November!

They also released these times:
Friday, November 18: Destination D registration is scheduled to be open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Saturday, November 19: Destination D presentations are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 6 p.m, with a break from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. Registration is scheduled to be open from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Sunday, November 20: Destination D presentations are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 5:30 p.m, with a break from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.

Evening activities and hours for Mickey’s of Glendale and the Walt Disney Archives special exhibit will be announced in the near future.
The schedule is consistent with last year, it sounds like. Did either of you see announcements via email? Or are you watching the website?

How long should I set aside for shopping at Mickey's of Glendale? I've never been anywhere with this access. Also, I just have a standard ticket, so I can't get in on the exclusive shopping hours if there are any. How crowded is it? If I want to get my shopping done on Friday, how much time should I allow?

Same question for the archives exhibit as well.

thanks

How long should I set aside for shopping at Mickey's of Glendale? I've never been anywhere with this access. Also, I just have a standard ticket, so I can't get in on the exclusive shopping hours if there are any. How crowded is it? If I want to get my shopping done on Friday, how much time should I allow?

Same question for the archives exhibit as well.

thanks
Last time everyone got shopping hours on Friday, the ViPs just got in an hour early. Usually there is a long line because of pin releases (but last year we had a better preview of what was released, right now we just know the mystery Jingle Cruise set and I expect those to last at least until Saturday so don't worry). So it depends on what's there. If you're after pins, go earlier, and schedule for some time in line, if that's not important to you, wait for the first wave of people to go through and browse later at your convenience. When I went back Sat or even Sun last time without lines we had no trouble whatsoever getting tshirts and mugs and stuff like that, and most of the pins too.

So with lining up I would calculate 3 hours, if you come later maybe 1,5. Archives exhibit is hard to judge. the one at D23 Expo was pretty big and you could at least spend 30 minutes in there but they didn'g have a bigger one for Destination D last time.

Last time everyone got shopping hours on Friday, the ViPs just got in an hour early. Usually there is a long line because of pin releases (but last year we had a better preview of what was released, right now we just know the mystery Jingle Cruise set and I expect those to last at least until Saturday so don't worry). So it depends on what's there. If you're after pins, go earlier, and schedule for some time in line, if that's not important to you, wait for the first wave of people to go through and browse later at your convenience. When I went back Sat or even Sun last time without lines we had no trouble whatsoever getting tshirts and mugs and stuff like that, and most of the pins too.

So with lining up I would calculate 3 hours, if you come later maybe 1,5. Archives exhibit is hard to judge. the one at D23 Expo was pretty big and you could at least spend 30 minutes in there but they didn'g have a bigger one for Destination D last time.

This helps a lot. Thanks!

The Archives exhibit at Destination D last time was nowhere near the D23 Expo versions. Literally one small room with two glass cases of small objects and about four or five old Audio Animatronics lined up against the wall. I think was in there for about 5 minutes.

Mickey's of Glendale is pretty picked over by Sunday. I wouldn't advise anybody to wait until then. Likewise, the lines to get in and especially check out were so long that if you went during lunch break on session days, you'd probably miss out on some presentations or at least have a seat all the way in the back. I'd suggest shoppers to use the fact they open on Friday to get the big shopping done. Keep in mind that last time, VIPs had a two hour head start on shopping and pretty much wiped out the LE pins and exclusive Destination D merch before the regular folks got in (as opposed to the regular MOG stuff, which they had a lot of up until Sunday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter