D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

My husband and I have been planning for months to go to D23, but were a little nervous about the reports of having to wait in lines for hours to see anything. Friday morning I said, "Hey, maybe we should take a look at Destination D and see what that's all about." Once we read who some of the guests were and the fact that you're guaranteed a seat, we were sold. We talked it over as we did our grocery shopping, came home and immediately upgraded my D23 membership to Gold, and booked our hotels. Now we're eagerly waiting for my D23 membership to go through so we can get the discounted GA tickets!

Question about the after 3pm park passes -- does anyone know if those are only available for Saturday and Sunday?

Also, does anyone happen to have a schedule from previous years? I'd love to get some idea of the flow of the day and what to expect.

Thanks!

Here is what I noted about tickets in a previous post -

Also, y'all be careful when you buy the discounted tickets. We just bought some for a conference before the rate hike. By comparison, this new group ticket rate is still very good, but the terms have changed due to the tiering. 11/20 [Sunday] and beyond are blackout dates, at least for the after-3pm single day tickets. Actually they have a lot of blackout periods. And an expiration date.

The bad shopping cart experience comes to mind with park tickets too. If you select delivery by mail for these, it's been my experience that you don't get the ticket ID # that you need to link them in MDE. So opt for will-call.

There is a link for park tickets once you have purchased Destination D admission. To answer your question, no, they are good for other days besides Saturday and Sunday. As convention guests you can buy longer multi-day tickets or multiple after 3pm or single day admissions. Sunday begins a blackout period from 11/20 - 11/26 though for after 3pm tickets. The website has all the details. Multi day tickets expire 14 days after first use. All tickets expire 12/31/2017. Tickets are for use by convention attendees and their guests during your stay.

ETA: This is incorrect! I'm sorry. The blackout dates are all in 2017.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember how far in advance the program schedule was announced last year? Did they even make an announcement or just surprise you on arrival?

Thanks.

According to people I know who attended last time, they'd already provided the schedule. Everyone is kind of waiting, and wondering why they haven't said anything yet. At this rate, I feel like we're gonna get information sooner about D23 over Destination D haha. What do you think @swfmco ?

According to people I know who attended last time, they'd already provided the schedule. Everyone is kind of waiting, and wondering why they haven't said anything yet. At this rate, I feel like we're gonna get information sooner about D23 over Destination D haha. What do you think @swfmco ?

Eventually, they will post an update to the D23 site. I'd guess in September. I remember it being more general info like topics of panels, not times or lengths. For the last one, the VIPs got an email on November 10th with the full schedule, including the special times we were allowed to get into stuff before the general admission folks. Sadly, they hold the info until pretty close to the end.

Eventually, they will post an update to the D23 site. I'd guess in September. I remember it being more general info like topics of panels, not times or lengths. For the last one, the VIPs got an email on November 10th with the full schedule, including the special times we were allowed to get into stuff before the general admission folks. Sadly, they hold the info until pretty close to the end.

Oh okay. So things hadn't really been announced yet by this point the last time they held the event? I can't wait until they release panel topics, no matter how little information it may be :).

Perhaps because their wonderful theme hinged on Rivers of Light and progress at AK, and so far that seems to be a bust.

About what I expected. Thanks. I'm glad to know we might at least get an outline of the panel topics or speakers.

Perhaps because their wonderful theme hinged on Rivers of Light and progress at AK, and so far that seems to be a bust.

I think that's part of it. I feel like I knew already what the special VIP evening event was by now, if not earlier. My guess is that it is something tied into RoL and they are waiting to see how that pans out. I mean, I'll take a dinner at Tiffins with Joe Rhode and be just fine. I got to talk with him at Trader Sam's for 20 minutes at the last Expo, and it felt like I took a master class on theme park design.

Still thinking of attending this event. Does anyone know if the GF room rates are still available?

Thanks

Still thinking of attending this event. Does anyone know if the GF room rates are still available?

Thanks
Right now when I plugged in dates, it showed one room @ the Grand for the period of November 17th - 21st. Not sure how accurate that is or how long it will be available.

“Walt’s Great Adventures” Coming to Destination D: Amazing Adventures

D23 Members will explore the travels and adventures of the “Showman of the World” as the Walt Disney Archives presents “Walt’s Great Adventures” at Destination D: Amazing Adventures, November 19 and 20 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This special exhibit, created exclusively for the event, will feature rare photography, models, and props that showcase Walt’s personal journeys, from his famous trip to South America in 1941 to some of his most memorable projects on film, television, and at Disney theme parks.

Hi, all! I have a trip planned for Nov. 13-19 already, and am thinking about tacking Destination D onto the end of my trip. Could anyone please tell me what the available dates for the D23 Contemporary/Grand Floridian rates are? I'd love to be able to book a D23 room rate for my entire trip if possible!

For 2 people there is a GF room available for $295 for 11/13-11/19. It looks like that rate isn't available on the night of the 19th though. The conference is 11/19-11/20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter