D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

Very cool to "know" somebody beforehand! To be honest, there's a core group from Cali that goes VIP or Sorcerer level at every D23 event, and they can be a bit snobby and insular. They basically make it known that they go to EVERY D23 event and that they know EVERYBODY at Disney. Kinda off putting. Then again, at the last Destination D, Pete Werner was standing behind me on the Mickey's of Glendale line and was a pleasure to talk to. I also met somebody I had been following for years on an old Disney board, and we hung out during the special evening VIP event reminiscing. He scored a VIP ticket this time too.
I met Pete, JL, & Dustin at the last Destination D in the convention center auditorium as I was going in, then ran into them at MK that night. It was nice of them to take time out of their day to stop & chat for a couple of minutes.

Very cool to "know" somebody beforehand! To be honest, there's a core group from Cali that goes VIP or Sorcerer level at every D23 event, and they can be a bit snobby and insular. They basically make it known that they go to EVERY D23 event and that they know EVERYBODY at Disney. Kinda off putting. Then again, at the last Destination D, Pete Werner was standing behind me on the Mickey's of Glendale line and was a pleasure to talk to. I also met somebody I had been following for years on an old Disney board, and we hung out during the special evening VIP event reminiscing. He scored a VIP ticket this time too.

Wow. I'm glad that we "know" each other now then too haha. And I'll be solo, so it's nice knowing that I've chatted with someone beforehand. Especially if there will be a click of snobby people. Although, that's not something I'd ever really let bother me, even if I am alone. They are the ones that would look silly haha. Maybe we can coordinate a place to say hello when it gets closer to the date.

Wow. I'm glad that we "know" each other now then too haha. And I'll be solo, so it's nice knowing that I've chatted with someone beforehand. Especially if there will be a click of snobby people. Although, that's not something I'd ever really let bother me, even if I am alone. They are the ones that would look silly haha. Maybe we can coordinate a place to say hello when it gets closer to the date.

I'll be the guy by myself sitting in the VIP lounge, as opposed to the weird group sitting on the floor in front of the convention hall doors waiting to reclaim their front row center seats. Pro-tip: You're pretty much guaranteed front row as a VIP, enjoy the free pastries.

Feel free to inbox me privately here too. I'm on Twitter also.

I'll be the guy by myself sitting in the VIP lounge, as opposed to the weird group sitting on the floor in front of the convention hall doors waiting to reclaim their front row center seats. Pro-tip: You're pretty much guaranteed front row as a VIP, enjoy the free pastries.

Feel free to inbox me privately here too. I'm on Twitter also.

I'll definitely find you in the lounge. And lol, of course. Isn't that the whole purpose of being VIP? NOT having to sit in front of the doors? I'll definitely be enjoying the pastries with you, and whoever else haha. Like I said, I've only been to one "Convention Type" Event for D23 so far, which was last years D23 Expo. My mom and I immediately decided the next time, we'd try and hopefully do VIP for these types of things in the future. I was, however, lucky enough to go to The "Lunch With an Imagineer" - Charlie Ridgeway Event in March at EPCOT. Not only was I able to snag a seat at his table, but I got to sit next to him! It was such an amazing experience, and thankfully everyone there seemed to be friendly for the most part! Which I like, because I am very friendly too! haha :).

I'll definitely inbox you, so we can talk more before the event. I also have a twitter. I couldn't find you.

Hi everybody :-)

I'll be at Destination D (I'm a journalist from Brazil), and I intend to spend my Sunday night, after the event, at Fort Wilderness (the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue). Is it a really good choice? Thanks a lot!

Hi everybody :-)

I'll be at Destination D (I'm a journalist from Brazil), and I intend to spend my Sunday night, after the event, at Fort Wilderness (the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue). Is it a really good choice? Thanks a lot!

The schedule has not been announced, but it was reported that last year there was a finale event on Sunday evening. It was a Pleasure Island party that ended around the time of Wishes. If that is the case, I think HDDR would be tough.

Otherwise, HDDR is a convenient trip using the boat at CR.

Thanks, BlueFairy! But the Pleasure Island party wasn't only for the VIP?
No, according to the quote below, the VIP event was Friday night. Below is a description.

I did VIP last Destination D. ... The night before it started there was a nighttime event with a private ride on Carousel of Progress, a photo op with Tony Baxter and Marty Sklar, and a dinner at Fort Wilderness and viewing of the Electrical Water Pagent. ...

Here is a link to the recap of Sunday night

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/...easure-island-fun-during-destination-d-event/

Again, the press release is vague about the schedule for 2016 and does not make mention of a party yet. It does mention more to be announced.

No, according to the quote below, the VIP event was Friday night. Below is a description.

Here is a link to the recap of Sunday night

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/...easure-island-fun-during-destination-d-event/

Again, the press release is vague about the schedule for 2016 and does not make mention of a party yet. It does mention more to be announced.

Yeah, no mention of a Sunday night event to close the event. But the one that was held last time (the PI party) was open to everybody. As I had no real great love of PI, I skipped it and went to MK.

Still waiting to hear what the Thursday night VIP event will be. As they had already announced what the VIP event was last time by now, my guess is that it is something to do with the Rivers of Light show. Probably waiting to see if they will have it up and running by November. Given the theme of the event, my guess is whatever they decide to do for the VIPs, it will be at AK.

Still waiting to hear what the Thursday night VIP event will be. As they had already announced what the VIP event was last time by now, my guess is that it is something to do with the Rivers of Light show. Probably waiting to see if they will have it up and running by November. Given the theme of the event, my guess is whatever they decide to do for the VIPs, it will be at AK.

Please tell me you mean Friday Night VIP Event, and not Thursday? As far as I knew The actual expo was Saturday and Sunday, with the VIP event being held the night before on Friday the 18th? Thursday would be the 17th. The reason I'm asking is because I'm supposed to be flying in on the morning of the 18th, and didn't book a room for the 17th.

From the website:

" A limited number of Wilderness Explorer VIP tickets will be available featuring early shopping, an exclusive evening experience on November 18, reserved seating for all presentations, a special gift bag, exclusive collectibles. "

From the website:

" A limited number of Wilderness Explorer VIP tickets will be available featuring early shopping, an exclusive evening experience on November 18, reserved seating for all presentations, a special gift bag, exclusive collectibles. "

Yes, that's why I booked what I did. Based off of that. I just wasn't sure if there was something further I mistakenly didn't see. Thanks for the response!

From what I have read regarding previous Destination Ds, you could register, see the the Archives exhibit, and shop in Mickey's of Glendale on Friday. VIPs do have the advantage of getting in earlier than regular guests in addition to a special evening event.

While it is being promoted as a two day event, it really seems like it should have more information available upfront to let guests know that there is an advantage to being there on Friday. While I only have a general ticket, it seems like it might be worthwhile to check things out on Friday rather than waiting and just showing up Saturday morning.

From what I have read regarding previous Destination Ds, you could register, see the the Archives exhibit, and shop in Mickey's of Glendale on Friday. VIPs do have the advantage of getting in earlier than regular guests in addition to a special evening event.

While it is being promoted as a two day event, it really seems like it should have more information available upfront to let guests know that there is an advantage to being there on Friday. While I only have a general ticket, it seems like it might be worthwhile to check things out on Friday rather than waiting and just showing up Saturday morning.

Yes, some more information up front definitely would've been great. I definitely planned to be there for Friday since they did give us the info that the VIPs would get an extra evening that night. As long as nothing new pops up, I'll be all good. If there IS gonna be anything prior to that, then I'd need to know ASAP. Hopefully we'll all get some more information soon.

That's awesome that anyone may be able to register to see certain things ahead of time. Certainly gives people more time to see everything, maybe when it's not as crowded. That's one of the biggest reasons I went for a VIP Ticket. Being guaranteed to get into Mickey's of Glendale makes me really excited. I wasn't able to get in last year at The D23 Expo.

Please tell me you mean Friday Night VIP Event, and not Thursday? As far as I knew The actual expo was Saturday and Sunday, with the VIP event being held the night before on Friday the 18th? Thursday would be the 17th. The reason I'm asking is because I'm supposed to be flying in on the morning of the 18th, and didn't book a room for the 17th.

Yes, Friday. Oh my head sometimes.

Yes, Friday. Oh my head sometimes.

haha, no worries. I'm usually on the ball with that kinda stuff, but I truly thought I'd missed something. I did't get my flight yet, but I thought I was gonna have to add a night to the hotel lol.

Anyways, I can't wait for more info to come out!

Maybe a D23 'Moana' screening on Sunday night... ;-)

content_id

My husband and I have been planning for months to go to D23, but were a little nervous about the reports of having to wait in lines for hours to see anything. Friday morning I said, "Hey, maybe we should take a look at Destination D and see what that's all about." Once we read who some of the guests were and the fact that you're guaranteed a seat, we were sold. We talked it over as we did our grocery shopping, came home and immediately upgraded my D23 membership to Gold, and booked our hotels. Now we're eagerly waiting for my D23 membership to go through so we can get the discounted GA tickets!

Question about the after 3pm park passes -- does anyone know if those are only available for Saturday and Sunday?

Also, does anyone happen to have a schedule from previous years? I'd love to get some idea of the flow of the day and what to expect.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter