CSR and MVMCP Weekend Trip 11/30-12/2

What a nice chapter to read in the morning. Thanks for the info about CP.
The pictures of the windows & choir are wonderful.

Hey, Sam looks good driving a red car. Cole is 12 so it's even :scared1: for me. Just cause she's been riding a tractor since she was 4. she thinks she knows-it-all.

Thanks for the update.

Judi

great update and pics. Glad u liked Garden grill, we are eating there next month so nice to hear positive things about it.

Great update! Love the pics of Samantha at GG. Glad she liked Test track, as Kaylee like it too. Hoping Thomas is able to make the height next trip. I think we might have to schedule our next trip for November or December for sure. CP sounds great.

Great report so far. I am still writing mine now. And I have to get the pictures added but I can't wait to share. Bummer you & Kimmy didn't meet either.

Great update Michelle!

We loved the Garden Grill! Pluto was so funny! And the food was good too... bonus! :thumbsup2

I totally agree with Erik... I could ride Soarin all day long!

Great update. Bill and I keep meaning to try the Garden Grill but never do it, there is always next time!! The Dale we had at LTT was funny too.
The CP sounds wonderful, Bill and I would love that!! So sad that Erik has to leave so fast, but at least you got to see him.
Can't wait for the next installment popcorn::.

I highly recommend the Garden Grill and even more highly recommend the CP. It's always nice to do something new and different. Thanks for reading!:)

What a nice chapter to read in the morning. Thanks for the info about CP.
The pictures of the windows & choir are wonderful.
Hey, Sam looks good driving a red car. Cole is 12 so it's even :scared1: for me. Just cause she's been riding a tractor since she was 4. she thinks she knows-it-all.
Thanks for the update.
Judi

Thanks. The pictures don't do it justice - it was really beautiful. We were at the 5:00 showing so it wasn't quite dark yet. I can only imagine that it looks even better then. There were white lights strung in the trees above also.
LOL about the tractor - at least she's had some practice! ;)

great update and pics. Glad u liked Garden grill, we are eating there next month so nice to hear positive things about it.

This is our third time at Garden Grill and the food and characters have always been great. :thumbsup2

Great update! Love the pics of Samantha at GG. Glad she liked Test track, as Kaylee like it too. Hoping Thomas is able to make the height next trip. I think we might have to schedule our next trip for November or December for sure. CP sounds great.

Thanks. You should definately go Nov/Dec next year. There are so many "extra" things that time of year. :santa:

Great report so far. I am still writing mine now. And I have to get the pictures added but I can't wait to share. Bummer you & Kimmy didn't meet either.

Thanks Roxanne. I was disappointed not to meet up with Kimmy (or you). I didn't see any DISer's the whole trip - I was on the lookout.
Can't wait for your report!! popcorn::

Great update Michelle!
We loved the Garden Grill! Pluto was so funny! And the food was good too... bonus! :thumbsup2
I totally agree with Erik... I could ride Soarin all day long!

Thanks Nicole. Everytime we get off Soarin' Erik says "That was great but it needs to be longer!". I heard a RUMOR that they were going to replace or add to the scenery with some from Eastern USA - that would be cool! :)

Yes, I'm still reading along here although I don't get time to post often. Sounds like a marvelous trip so far. Glad you enjoyed the Candelight Processional. It's one of my most fav Disney things of all time.

Yes, I'm still reading along here although I don't get time to post often. Sounds like a marvelous trip so far. Glad you enjoyed the Candelight Processional. It's one of my most fav Disney things of all time.

Thanks Pakey. I can't believe I've missed out on CP all these years!

Hi Michelle!!
I'm so sad we couldn't meet up, but we will make it work sometime. I'm so glad you are writing another report. I am "reliving" through your pictures. I can't believe my HUGE trip is over already.
I may write a TR, but I have not decided yet.
BTW the cruise, was the best thing I have ever done in my entire life. Thanks for all your tips!

AGAIN, this is Kimmy. I posted under Melissas name. Sorry. Whooooops!

Okay, here I am, the REAL Kimmy.
The boards do STRANGE things when you share a computer. I don't even know how I signed on to Melissa's name.:confused3

Kimmy, please please please do a TR. Bill and I are seriously considering taking a Disney cruise and I would love to hear your eperiences.

Hi Michelle, hope you are having a great day!!

Hi Michelle!!
I'm so sad we couldn't meet up, but we will make it work sometime. I'm so glad you are writing another report. I am "reliving" through your pictures. I can't believe my HUGE trip is over already.
I may write a TR, but I have not decided yet.
BTW the cruise, was the best thing I have ever done in my entire life. Thanks for all your tips!
AGAIN, this is Kimmy. I posted under Melissas name. Sorry. Whooooops!

Okay, here I am, the REAL Kimmy.
The boards do STRANGE things when you share a computer. I don't even know how I signed on to Melissa's name.:confused3

HI KIMMY!!!! I am so sorry we didn't get to meet - so close! I thought I saw your Disney Cruiseline bus in the CSR parking lot on Sunday morning as we were driving out to AK. Were you on the bus that stopped there? I almost called you so I could at least wave through the window. :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed the cruise! Isn't it the best? I am really itching to do another one soon. I hope you do a trip report!!!! Please????? :cool1:

Kimmy, please please please do a TR. Bill and I are seriously considering taking a Disney cruise and I would love to hear your eperiences.

Hi Michelle, hope you are having a great day!!

Hi Tracy - I can vouch that the cruise is awesome! You should definately consider it. We need to keep after Kimmy to get the TR going.... ;)

HI KIMMY!!!! I am so sorry we didn't get to meet - so close! I thought I saw your Disney Cruiseline bus in the CSR parking lot on Sunday morning as we were driving out to AK. Were you on the bus that stopped there? I almost called you so I could at least wave through the window. :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed the cruise! Isn't it the best? I am really itching to do another one soon. I hope you do a trip report!!!! Please????? :cool1:

Hi Tracy - I can vouch that the cruise is awesome! You should definately consider it. We need to keep after Kimmy to get the TR going.... ;)

LOL, you are so funny! Actually We stayed at the Pop on 12/1-12/2 and we had a rental car. We did drive by POR and waved to you while driving by.:lmao: I thought you were staying there that night and here you were at CSR. We were both lost:rotfl2:
I'm glad you liked CSR, we didn't care for it at all. The only thing we liked was the food court.
So much pressure for a TR, I'm telling you I would bore you all to tears.

I will say however the cruise is the BEST vacation I have ever been on. I can't wait until my next one.

LOL, you are so funny! Actually We stayed at the Pop on 12/1-12/2 and we had a rental car. We did drive by POR and waved to you while driving by.:lmao: I thought you were staying there that night and here you were at CSR. We were both lost:rotfl2:
I'm glad you liked CSR, we didn't care for it at all. The only thing we liked was the food court.
So much pressure for a TR, I'm telling you I would bore you all to tears.

I will say however the cruise is the BEST vacation I have ever been on. I can't wait until my next one.

LOL - good thing I didn't storm the bus looking for you! :lmao:

I totally agree about the cruise. I think I need to do a Disney cruise and a WDW vacation each year! They need to do a frequent sailing club or something - buy 6 get 1 free or something....:idea:

Sorry you didn't like CSR - funny how two people can have such different experiences. I will have to wait for your trip report to find out why you didn't like it. We had a bad experience at CBR once and probably wouldn't return but so many people love it there. :confused3 Good thing Disney gives us so many choices. :goodvibes

Michelle, sorry to keep thread jacking your TR, but Kimmy, you would NOT bore us with a trip report. Please, pretty please, I would love to hear about your trip.

Michelle, did you go back to Disney & not tell us;) . Your fans await you:thumbsup2

Judi

Michelle, sorry to keep thread jacking your TR, but Kimmy, you would NOT bore us with a trip report. Please, pretty please, I would love to hear about your trip.

Hijack away Tracy! Whatever it takes to get Kimmy to write a trip report! :thumbsup2

Great TR! Can't wait for more!

Welcome and thanks for reading! :)

Michelle, did you go back to Disney & not tell us;) . Your fans await you:thumbsup2

Judi

Hi Judi. Actually, I am going back on Saturday just for the day. :rolleyes1 But, I am trying to get my next post up either tonight or tomorrow. ;)

Sunday December 2, 2007 – Animal Kingdom

Erik’s alarm went off at 5 am!:eek: He tried to be really quiet but it is almost impossible in a hotel room. He left the room around 5:30. It was sad to see him go.:sad1: But, at least we had another partial day at Disney! :cool1: I was able to fall back asleep for a while and woke up again at around 7:30. Sam and I got up, got ready and packed up the car. We drove to the main building to get some breakfast before heading over to Animal Kingdom for the day. The food court was packed! This was by far the busiest the resort had been since we were there. I’m not sure if a lot of people were checking out or checking in but it was nuts! We had to wait in line to get a table but it moved fairly quickly. It took forever for a server to get our drink order. We decided to just grab something quick so as not to waste any more time. Sam got a chocolate chip muffin and a bowl of strawberries and I had an apple turnover thingy.

Sam in the lobby of CSR before we left
100_0891.jpg

Finally we were on our way to Animal Kingdom. We’ve only been to this park twice before and we really like it. There is so much there that we still haven’t done. We were supposed to spend a day there on our last trip but it didn’t work out. So, today was Samantha’s choice and she chose AK. She was determined to ride Everest!:banana: Now, you have to know Samantha to realize what a feat this is! A year ago she was afraid of Peter Pan, the drop on PoTC, loud noises and any type of scary ride.:confused3 She had conquered Splash and Thunder mountains now and wanted to try EE. I had only ridden once before so I tried to explain it to her the best I could from my memory. I kept on asking her if she was really sure. I didn’t want her to get on and freak out and then revert back to her old ways.:scared1:

We drove to the AK parking lot and there was hardly anyone there even though it was probably 9:30/10:00 by now. We took the tram to the entrance and walked right in. The holiday decorations were great!

Christmas tree at AK entrance
100_0892.jpg

We walked straight over to EE. I wanted Samantha to see it up close and personal before making a choice. She watched for a while and still wanted to go. We got ourselves a FP and the standby line was 20 minutes. We should have waited in line to ride standby but decided to head over to Kali River Rapids instead. If we were going to get soaked, I wanted it to be early in the day so we would have time to dry off before the drive home.

We walked right on to Kali. We both love this ride! And we got pretty wet. When we got off there was still no line so they let us get right back into the line and ride again. This time we got soaked!

100_0895.jpg

Next we decided to try out Primeval Whirl. I love this ride but Sam hadn’t been on it yet. I was hoping she would do ok on this – it doesn’t look too bad from the ground but it is a pretty intense ride with all the spinning and sharp turns. The height requirement is 48” and she was 49” so we were good to go. She loved it! We were able to walk right on for a second ride and enjoyed it once again.

100_0896.jpg

We had a little time before our FP for Everest was due so we did a bit of shopping. We just looked around – I didn’t want to buy anything until we were on the way out. We saw some holiday street performers outside of the store which was fun.

It was finally time to use our Everest FP! I was still worried Samantha may not like it. We got seated in the back row which was really cool. When we started going backwards Samantha screamed “This is not so much fun!” Uh-oh! But, at the end of the ride she said “That was great – let’s ride again!” :thumbsup2 Yay! I think it was just the idea of not knowing what was happening that freaked her out a bit. We bought an EE pin for Samantha’s collection. She wanted to ride again but the standby time was 50 minutes and we just didn’t have the time. She’s been talking about EE since we’ve been home and I think she is really proud of herself for trying it! She can’t wait to ride it again and now wants to try Rock ‘n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.:yay:

100_0893.jpg

100_0897.jpg

100_0898.jpg

I wanted to get on the road between 2:00 and 3:00 so we would be home at a decent hour. I knew we didn’t have time for too much more and the Disney depression was setting in.:sad2:

We ate lunch at Pizzafari. Sam had the cheese pizza and I had the chicken parmesan sandwich which was great!

100_0899.jpg

After lunch we bought a few last souvenirs before heading home. We were home by 6:00 and my mom came over to help us put up our Christmas tree. It was great to spend a weekend in Disney – the Christmas decorations and events we were able to see were amazing! All in all, a wonderful mini trip!:santa:

But wait, that’s not all! I will have a *bonus* chapter up next week. We are going back to Disney on Saturday for the day! We are going to finish up our Christmas shopping and meet Monica (Poohtigeey)! Stay tuned…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter