CSR and MVMCP Weekend Trip 11/30-12/2

If he does lg on with a screen name like that tell him to wear his flame suit cause he'll be MOBBED by a bunch of angry DISers!
2.gif

I know! Why do you think I've been putting off sending him the link! :lmao:

Michelle, please tell Erik that the DIS fashion police say brown & pink do not go together;)
Samantha just gets prettier with each picture. Just how many critters does she sleep with:rotfl:

Great as usual
Thanks
Judi

LOL - and Erik is way more into fashion than I am. I always tell him he is very high maintenance! :laughing:

Sam usually only sleeps with a teddy bear at home but when we go to Disney she has to bring every single Disney stuffed animal she has! :lmao:

I think I should be traveling with Erik not you - JK:)

Looks like you all had a lot of fun once again. I want to go to the MVMCP next year.
Can't wait to read more.

I agree! In fact - your name came up when Samantha was making fun of Erik for not riding. I explained to her that some people simply cannot stand those types of rides and they make them sick. I told her about you and I going to Busch Gardens a few times in high school and you'd always sit out the coasters and wait patiently for me! :)

Maybe we can plan a trip together for next year MVMCP?? And MNSSHP too! :banana:

Great update! The castle pics are beautiful. Same thing happened to me at MNSSHP, we missed the parade because both kids were tired and cranky :sad2: and I didn't want to stay alone, that would not be much fun would it. Sorry you missed it.

Have you been to Disney the week before Easter or during Spring break? We will be going for Kaylee's Bday in March which happens to be spring break and the week before Easter. Wondering if the crowds will be managable at all :headache: . We are only going Friday until Monday. I actually considered taking Kaylee the end of January for my Bday instead since the parks will be low crowds. See my new ticker :yay: .

Great update! The castle pics are beautiful. Same thing happened to me at MNSSHP, we missed the parade because both kids were tired and cranky :sad2: and I didn't want to stay alone, that would not be much fun would it. Sorry you missed it.

Have you been to Disney the week before Easter or during Spring break? We will be going for Kaylee's Bday in March which happens to be spring break and the week before Easter. Wondering if the crowds will be managable at all :headache: . We are only going Friday until Monday. I actually considered taking Kaylee the end of January for my Bday instead since the parks will be low crowds. See my new ticker :yay: .

We went Spring Break week in 2006 but our spring break wasn't the week before or after easter that year. It was not bad at all then. I would imagine it would be pretty busy the week before and after though - I have seasonal annual passes and they are blacked out those two weeks which usually means it is a busy time. Our spring break is the same as yours this year. But, if you are going the weekend before Easter you should be fine I would think. I'm so happy you are still making that trip! Are you still planning on POP? January would be a great time to go though. :rolleyes1

Great update. I just love those castle lights. I wish they had been like that when we went to the MVMCP in 05. We had no crowds either and it made the party so much fun. Sorry you missed the parade. It will give you something to look forward to on a future trip.

We've done the week before Easter. Did it in 05. Super crowded. It was probably our favorite trip though. I don't know why but the long lines made us just slow down as there was no point hurrying. I think Easter is the same as everything else Disney related--there will be those who find fault and there will be those that make the best of any situation. A crowded week at the world is better than not being there at all.

We went Spring Break week in 2006 but our spring break wasn't the week before or after easter that year. It was not bad at all then. I would imagine it would be pretty busy the week before and after though - I have seasonal annual passes and they are blacked out those two weeks which usually means it is a busy time. Our spring break is the same as yours this year. But, if you are going the weekend before Easter you should be fine I would think. I'm so happy you are still making that trip! Are you still planning on POP? January would be a great time to go though. :rolleyes1

SO are March 14-18th balckout dates :scared1: ? It might be even busier than I thought. I love the idea of Kaylee being there and eating at Chef Mickey's on her Bday. That is were she wants to eat :confused3 , I'm surprised it wasn't CRT. January looks great as far as low crowds.

Yes we are booked at POP even though I keep wondering about ASMu since it's been redone and has pillowtop mattresses. This will be my first value resort as another deluxe trip is not in the budget. We will be at the parks alot anyway and 3 nights is perfect for trying out a value resort. I'm sure we will still have a blast!

awesome! I'm headed there next week and for MVMCP too so thanks for sharing your experience!

Great update. I just love those castle lights. I wish they had been like that when we went to the MVMCP in 05. We had no crowds either and it made the party so much fun. Sorry you missed the parade. It will give you something to look forward to on a future trip.

We've done the week before Easter. Did it in 05. Super crowded. It was probably our favorite trip though. I don't know why but the long lines made us just slow down as there was no point hurrying. I think Easter is the same as everything else Disney related--there will be those who find fault and there will be those that make the best of any situation. A crowded week at the world is better than not being there at all.

Thanks Pakey - the castle lights were just breathtaking!
And I agree - a trip to Disney is great whenever you can do it!

SO are March 14-18th balckout dates :scared1: ? It might be even busier than I thought. I love the idea of Kaylee being there and eating at Chef Mickey's on her Bday. That is were she wants to eat :confused3 , I'm surprised it wasn't CRT. January looks great as far as low crowds.

Yes we are booked at POP even though I keep wondering about ASMu since it's been redone and has pillowtop mattresses. This will be my first value resort as another deluxe trip is not in the budget. We will be at the parks alot anyway and 3 nights is perfect for trying out a value resort. I'm sure we will still have a blast!

Yes - blackout dates are 3/15-3/28. I'm sure you will be fine as long as you aren't expecting to see everything. It would be great to be there for Kaylees birthday - Sam would probably pick Chef Mickey's also! I think you will enjoy POP - very kid friendly! :)

Thanks, I think that means you enjoyed it! :laughing: ;)
I hope to have another post tomorrow night.

great update. loved the pics. so glad he was able to go makes it more magical.

Thanks for the Party info!
We'll be there on the 13th . We are really wanting to do alot of the Christmas activities. From what I'm hearing those are VERY crowded ( twas the night, parade, fireworks) so it's good to know that if for some reason we think it's too crowded we can at least walkon to some rides.

Wow! 3 pages and you just started! Such a rock star you are, Michelle! ;)

Wasn't the castle just drop dead gorgeous?? My DH got a really good pic of it by playing with the settings on the camera. Stay tuned on my thread!! :laughing:

I'm sorry you missed the parade! We missed the first one too... we were too busy playing on the rides! Walking right on is the greatest thing ever!!! That totally sold us on doing MVMCP again and again.

Great installment. I loved the castle too. Sam looked so tired and happy with all her stuffed animals. Bill and I have been thinking about staying at CSR, we might just have to try it someday :thumbsup2.

great update. loved the pics. so glad he was able to go makes it more magical.

Thanks! It was great to surprise Sam with her Dad! :)

Thanks for the Party info!
We'll be there on the 13th . We are really wanting to do alot of the Christmas activities. From what I'm hearing those are VERY crowded ( twas the night, parade, fireworks) so it's good to know that if for some reason we think it's too crowded we can at least walkon to some rides.

I would have loved to see some more of the Christmas activities. We saw the parade last year and it was awesome! I just love parades! :love:

Wow! 3 pages and you just started! Such a rock star you are, Michelle! ;)

Wasn't the castle just drop dead gorgeous?? My DH got a really good pic of it by playing with the settings on the camera. Stay tuned on my thread!! :laughing:

I'm sorry you missed the parade! We missed the first one too... we were too busy playing on the rides! Walking right on is the greatest thing ever!!! That totally sold us on doing MVMCP again and again.

Oh yeah - rock star baby! :rockband: :lmao:

It is hard to explain how great the castle looked unless you have seen it for yourself! I hope they do the same thing next year. :thumbsup2

Great installment. I loved the castle too. Sam looked so tired and happy with all her stuffed animals. Bill and I have been thinking about staying at CSR, we might just have to try it someday :thumbsup2.

Hi Tracy! Yes, Sam was very tired that night - I guess from all the excitement. I would have paid dearly if I made her stay for the parade! :laughing:
We really enjoyed CSR - I recommend trying it sometime! You just need to keep going back to try each and every resort! Maybe when you move to Florida someday! :rolleyes1

Thanks for sharing! Great report!! Your DD is adorable.

Thanks! I see your the CSR Man! We were very happy with the resort - we had heard such mixed reviews but were really impressed and will return! :thumbsup2

Saturday December 1, 2007 – Epcot/Garden Grill/Candlelight Processional

We decided to not set an alarm and just get up whenever this morning. I don’t remember when we left the room but it was probably around 8:30 or 9:00. We decided to eat breakfast at Maya Grill (CSR’s table service restaurant). For breakfast they have a buffet which was good. They had three sections – one with fruit, one with breads/pastries and another with all of the hot items. Erik found some sort of breakfast chicken burrito that he really liked. After breakfast we went out to the bus stop and once again had great bus service.

Sam took this picture of Erik and I waiting for the bus - it's a bit blury but one of the only pictures of me from this trip.
100_0867.jpg

We got to Epcot around 10:00 and had to purchase a one day pass for Erik. There was no line so we were able to purchase the ticket and get right in.

Here is Erik and Sam in front of Epcot.
100_0868.jpg

Kimmy (kimmydisneynerd) sent me a text as we walked into Epcot. I text her back and we were going to try and meet up later in the evening somewhere.:cool1:

First up was grabbing our FP’s for Soarin’. This is Erik’s favorite thing at Epcot and probably all of WDW. I think we ended up with a return time of 12:45-1:45 which was perfect since we had a 2:10 reservation at Garden Grill. We then checked the park info board for the Test Track wait time – it was 40 minutes so we decided to come back later when we were eligible for a new fast pass. We went to visit Figment next which is always a lot of fun.

Here are pictures of Erik and Sam conductin music in the Imaginationa pavillion after the Figment ride
100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg

Erik was getting hungry so we decided to stop in at Electric Umbrella for a snack (well, a snack for Sam and I – Erik ended up with a full meal). Erik had a grilled chicken sandwich with a bun that looked really good. I ordered a kids meal of turkey roll ups for Sam and I to share. I ate the turkey roll ups and Sam had the fries and grapes that came with the meal. Sam was on a roll today with quizzing Erik about all things Disney. She gets a kick out of knowing so much more than he does on the subject. She asked him to name 8 of the Disney resorts and he couldn’t. He was making up all sorts of crazy names and Samantha was cracking up.:lmao: Then she asked him to name 10 rides/attractions at Magic Kingdom and he couldn’t do that either. What is wrong with this man! :confused3 :laughing:

Next up was Innoventions. I can’t remember which one we were it first but it was the one with the fire safety game. We played but our team lost. It was fun though. After the game they had a little demonstration that the kids could participate in which taught them how to get out of a house/building that was on fire. They have a house layout set up complete with windows and doors for the exits. A CM explains to them before hand all of the safe ways to exit, that they should crawl, not to go back in and to get out quick. Then they have a light that shines on a portion of the house representing fire and the kids have to escape. It was a pretty neat exhibit.

In the other Innoventions Samantha made her own paper. We did this once before a few years ago and she seemed to enjoy it. It also gave Erik and me a chance to sit and relax for a few minutes. We walked through the rest of the building and then decided to visit Canada.

Samantha making her own paper
100_0872.jpg

100_0873.jpg

We wanted to see the new circle vision movie in Canada. It was really good! We all enjoyed this. Erik and I talked about going to Canada for our honeymoon but decided to buy a house instead and went to St. Augustine, Florida to save money. Maybe we’ll get to go there someday – it looks like there are a lot of beautiful areas to visit. After the movie we went to the store to replace a barrette Sam had bought on our last trip that Gomer (our dog) decided to eat.:eek:

It was finally time for our Soarin’ FP so we went back over to The Land pavilion. We walked right on the ride and got seated in the middle section. Erik was on one of the ends and didn’t like it there so much – said he felt like he was going to fall out. Still a great ride though! Erik would ride this over and over and over if possible.

When we got off Soarin’ we ran over to Test Track to get a FP to use after dinner. Our return time was between 3:45 and 4:45. Back to The Land for our Garden Grill lunch reservations. Our ADR was for 2:10 and we checked in around 2:00. We weren’t seated until 2:30. It seemed to be very busy that day – probably due to the CP packages. While we waited we met a nice family from New York. It was their first trip to the World and I was able to answer a lot of the questions they have. I just love being able to help someone experience Disney for the first time! :thumbsup2

Garden Grill was great as usual. This was the third time for Sam and I and the first for Erik. He enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The character interaction here always seems to be better than most other character meals. We saw Chip, Dale, Pluto and Mickey. All but Mickey came around to our table twice. If you don’t know, this restaurant is revolving and you get to see part of the “Living with the Land” ride at some times. Erik was trying to convince Samantha that all of the animals and farm house we passed were real. Sam tried to tell him that it was just a ride. Erik asked the waiter about it and he played along well. The waiter told Sam that he actually lived in the farm house and the restaurant served all their scraps to the chicken and buffalo! Sam didn’t buy it but it was funny none the less! :rotfl:

Pluto wanted Sam to hold her pony tails out like his ears and was making fun of Erik for his lack of hair
100_0879.jpg

Sam with Chip
100_0874.jpg

Sam with Dale who sat down next to her and tried to steal her food
100_0875.jpg

The big cheese himself
100_0877.jpg

When we finished paying our bill at Garden Grill it was about 3:50. We were told to be in line for CP 30-45 minutes early (even with our package passes). We really wanted to use our Test Track FP but figured it would be cutting a bit close. We went over to Test Track to get new FP’s for after CP and I found three people to give our current FP’s to. They were getting ready to stand in the 50 minute stand by line and were thrilled to be given the Fast Passes. It felt good to spread a little pixie dust.

We made our way over to America to get in line for the Candlelight Processional. It is a good thing we didn’t try and ride Test Track as the line was HUGE! The first line we came to (walking by way of Mexico) was for the people without the package. We had to walk past the America pavilion to the other side of the theater for our line. This line was HUGE also! It was only 4:15 at this time and I’m glad we got there when we did. We ended up all the way at the far end of Japan and the line continued to grow behind us. The CM at the line assured us that everyone would get in and we did. We ended up with great seats in the center section about 1/3 of the way back. I guess the theater holds more than it seems – all of the package people got in and it looked like a lot of the stand by people got in as well.

Let me just say that the Candlelight Processional was AWESOME!! I can’t believe we had never done this before. The Walt Disney World orchestra and the Walt Disney World cast choir were there. And then they have guest choirs that join them each night. Our narrator was Neil Patrick Harris and he was great! He read the Christmas Story and did a wonderful job. Erik enjoyed this also – he is not a huge Disney fan but the fact that they would present something with the “true” meaning of Christmas scored some points with him. I ended up buying a CD of the Candlelight Processional from a few years back in Animal Kingdom the next day. I’ve been listening to it constantly since I’ve been home. :santa:

100_0882.jpg

100_0887.jpg

After the CP we were finally able to use our Test Track FP’s. Sam hadn’t been on this ride before and was a little nervous but figured if her dad could handle it so could she. She ended up loving the ride as I thought she would. We took a look at some of the cars on the way out.

Scary thought :scared1:
100_0889.jpg

Erik and I both really liked this care - a Saturn Aura
100_0890.jpg

We decided to go back to the resort and get a bite to eat at Pepper Market. Erik had to be up a 5 am for a 5:45 pick up to the airport and didn’t want to be out too late. We took another empty bus back to CSR and had dinner. I had a Chicken Caesar Salad, Erik had Chicken Quesadilla and Samantha had a kid’s pizza. All our food was delicious. We stopped on the way out to get a banana and milk for the next morning for Erik and went back to the room.

Unfortunately we were unable to meet Kimmy (kimmydisneynerd). :sad1: :sad2: I originally thought maybe we’d end of at Downtown Disney this night and could meet there but Erik was tired and had to get up so early. I was disappointed but hope there will be another chance someday!

Erik watched a little college football while Sam watched some Scooby Doo on Erik’s ipod and I updated my report journal. We were in bed pretty early knowing we’d be getting a super early wake up call.

Next up – Erik leaves and Sam and I head to Animal Kingdom

Great update. Bill and I keep meaning to try the Garden Grill but never do it, there is always next time!! The Dale we had at LTT was funny too.

The CP sounds wonderful, Bill and I would love that!! So sad that Erik has to leave so fast, but at least you got to see him.

Can't wait for the next installment popcorn::.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter