CSE-- Pg. 74 SATAN'S HAMMER, Ch.18, pg.160 "Goodnight Sweetheart" epilogue

Now, doing this, suddenly made me think of Cheech and Chong, and I had to play:

No, no, you really didn't......:rolleyes:

But all I'm doing is picturing Brad Davis playing the part of Billy Hayes, as he tried to leave a Turkish airport with Hashish strapped around his waist, which is where the line in Airplane comes from, and no, I don't want to see the inside of a Turkish Prison.

Well, he was in Chariots of FIre too, so you could be running on a beach.....forever!

He was in Sybil too....:rolleyes1

You mean there's a kid walking around with only one shoe?

That was my first thought too!:confused3

Nope, never promised to stay off I-4. Besides, I am only there a short stretch, then I go east on the Beachline, just past the airport. So Apopka/Vineland is really out of the way for me.

Ok, fine. I lovingly show concern to a close, dear friend, and what do I get? NOPE, never promised. Ok, fine, young lady. And when you have a problem, call your friends and see who you can really trust in the end. But I still want you home by curfew.

Buzz, have a great trip! Hope you get to check in.

I'm sure you're tired of hearing this from me...but.....I'm late!

Oh no, really, this is the first time I've ever heard that phrase. No problem.

Since my personal invite got lost in the mail it's a good thing Smidgy is on facebook!

It's not you, honest. I only sent out a few Pm's this time to a few people that signed in late last report and ASKED me to notify them. Besides, between the Good Year Blimp and the constant running ad at the bottom of the Christmas Story marathon, I figured most people knew about it.

I would PAY to see you and Blago in a jail cell together for a few hours.

Boy, the things that amuse you.

That poor guy is a couple hairs short of a full toupe. I watched him on The Apprentice and I just thought there must be a man behind the curtain who got him elected.:rotfl:

So, we're together in the same cell, he's asleep, I cut all his hair, put it into a wig on my head, he now looks like me,,, I get realeased on appeal and end up with Patti,,,,, HOLD IT,,,, as usual,,, this weird fantasy just took an UGLY turn!

I've never had my prescriptions looked at when I travel. I've heard that they have to be in the original bottles...yata, yata, yata, but it's never been a problem. And I would be in a lot of trouble because I poor all of mine into 1 bottle. It's like a bottle of skittles by the time I'm done. I was a little nervous when we brought over the counter ibuprofen with codiene home from europe tho.

It's just the controlled substance ones that really matter ,,, and hold it,,, what's that about codeine being OTC? How much were they, and how many thousand did you bring home?

Smidgy got busted once for a Bic lighter in her checked bag, in a jacket pocket. The agent kept digging and looking for it and looking for it because the machine SAID there was a lighter somewhere in there.
Finally he found it, held it up admiringly for all to see like he just caught an 8 pound walleye!
I took his picture with it.

The mental image of you taking a picture of the TSA guy victoriously holding up Smidy's lighter made me laugh out loud. (I almost said "picturing you taking a picture" but knew I would swing the "make fun of Nurse Ratchet" door WIDE open) :lmao: Long, long ago in a cold Northeastern state far, far away I used to be a cop in a small town. The local fish and wildlife guy called once for backup as he had just busted some not very friendly guys jacking deer. When he and I approached the nice gentlemen they were in the process of taking pictures with said jacked deer and the fish cop took their picture as well. Needless to say they were not very happy with him and things got really scary for a little while. In the end it made great evidence in court. Uh, no your honor we were just posing with the nice deer - he's a friend of ours....:rolleyes1

That's a great story and it sounds like the full version would be even better.

No, no, you really didn't......:rolleyes:

I can't remember what I didn't,,, but I'll bet I really did.

Well, he was in Chariots of FIre too, so you could be running on a beach.....forever!

He was in Sybil too....:rolleyes1

IS that right? I never thought of checking his IMDBor whatever that site is.

That was my first thought too!:confused3

Um,,,, OH,, the shoe,,,, yeah,,, how can a mom not notice,,,, well,,, it waas hung up in there,,, so they probably looked at her like she's weird if they didn't see a shoe either.

I'm in! YES! This is the closest to the beginning of a Nebo & Smidgy TR that I've ever been!

Ok, no pressure, but now I'm just gonna sit here at the computer waiting for the next chapters.....:surfweb: :wave2: :rolleyes1 :upsidedow :hourglass

Oh wait, I have A.D.D.....that's not really gonna work for me! Ok, I'll be back though, unless something shiny distracts me....

Smidgy got busted once for a Bic lighter in her checked bag, in a jacket pocket. The agent kept digging and looking for it and looking for it because the machine SAID there was a lighter somewhere in there.
Finally he found it, held it up admiringly for all to see like he just caught an 8 pound walleye!

The mental image of you taking a picture of the TSA guy victoriously holding up Smidy's lighter made me laugh out loud. (I almost said "picturing you taking a picture" but knew I would swing the "make fun of Nurse Ratchet" door WIDE open) :lmao: Long, long ago in a cold Northeastern state far, far away I used to be a cop in a small town. The local fish and wildlife guy called once for backup as he had just busted some not very friendly guys jacking deer. When he and I approached the nice gentlemen they were in the process of taking pictures with said jacked deer and the fish cop took their picture as well. Needless to say they were not very happy with him and things got really scary for a little while. In the end it made great evidence in court. Uh, no your honor we were just posing with the nice deer - he's a friend of ours....:rolleyes1

My family is from a small town in Northern New York (think south Canada). It always helps that the local chief is your cousin. There are times you simply need to remind said cousin about certain high school dances and stolen booze that you never blabbed about. Makes a loud evening on the porch not so much of a big deal. Respect local law enforcement.

A little birdie told me there was a new Nebo/Smidgy TR! :banana:

First, I shudder to think what price you'll pay for your pharmaceutical shortfall during this trip... :eek:

Second, make sure you don't shake Pat Quinn's hand too (although I do not follow hockey, every time I see/hear his name, I think of the Canadian hockey coach :laughing:). Your handshake seems to be the trigger to the hokey for Illinois governors! :lmao:

Second again, I was freaking out on your behalf during that whole security nearly-debacle :scared1: Thank goodness Lou didn't have xray vision! :scared:

Fifth, once removed, I can't wait for the next installment! :thumbsup2

Oh, and yes, Smidgy is always right. I wonder why it takes men so long to understand that we're always right? My step-mom even gave my dh a t-shirt that says "my wife is always right". It must be true if it's on a t-shirt, right? Especially when said t-shirt was purchased in Taiwan :laughing:

I just finally caught up on Ponzi's report to where you broke down and agreed to this report. Now I'm not only 10 pages behind on his report, I'm already 10 pages behind on your's too! I'm going to have to brew some strong coffee and pull an all nighter if I'm ever going to catch up!!
:surfweb:

I am glad you caved though. Helps pass the time to the next trip.

I just want to thank you for sending Blogovich to Colorado for the next 11 years. Our state's collective IQ went down by 10 points. ;)

Jill in CO

I thought the Scotch was a given. Would have been for me!

There was a time when I was big into Scotch. Remember when you were in your twenties, and it seemed like at least once a month you had another wedding to got to? Well that was my drink,,, Scotch and Soda,,, in particular,, J&B and Soda,,, I could drink it all night and somewhat maintain, without dyeing the next day.
It helped that I was a huge fan of the Kingston Trio song, Scotch and Soda, and became one of the very first I ever had the ba,,, guts to get up and sing for karaoke.

:lmao: I approve.

Hey, Little Marie has finally joined us again. Welcome

I'm in! YES! This is the closest to the beginning of a Nebo & Smidgy TR that I've ever been!

Ok, no pressure, but now I'm just gonna sit here at the computer waiting for the next chapters.....:surfweb: :wave2: :rolleyes1 :upsidedow :hourglass

Oh wait, I have A.D.D.....that's not really gonna work for me! Ok, I'll be back though, unless something shiny distracts me....

Well, look who's back, yes, I remember you and I look forward to seeing you post once in the next tiip report.
I'm just kidding, but there's LOT"S of shiny things going on at Ponzi's report, so your ADD won't subract from your enjoyment and cause a division in the ranks. Reallyj, easy as Pi.

:cool1: Checking in!!! :wave2:

Cool, checking out!!!

(Yes, she was on the boards before me,,, so, no, I can't sue her for stealing my Siggy line,,, if anything it's the other way around,,,, by a month or so,,, it looks like I stole 'Ol Dr. Suesss from HER!

Man, the Canadians are everywhere causing me trouble from all directions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo

The mental image of you taking a picture of the TSA guy victoriously holding up Smidy's lighter made me laugh out loud. (I almost said "picturing you taking a picture" but knew I would swing the "make fun of Nurse Ratchet" door WIDE open) Long, long ago in a cold Northeastern state far, far away I used to be a cop in a small town. The local fish and wildlife guy called once for backup as he had just busted some not very friendly guys jacking deer. When he and I approached the nice gentlemen they were in the process of taking pictures with said jacked deer and the fish cop took their picture as well. Needless to say they were not very happy with him and things got really scary for a little while. In the end it made great evidence in court. Uh, no your honor we were just posing with the nice deer - he's a friend of ours....

My family is from a small town in Northern New York (think south Canada). It always helps that the local chief is your cousin. There are times you simply need to remind said cousin about certain high school dances and stolen booze that you never blabbed about. Makes a loud evening on the porch not so much of a big deal. Respect local law enforcement.

I got a feeling this is going to be an ugly mess by the time I post this last one I copied too,,,,
but I'm not sure if we're talking about Footloose, Dirty Dancing, American Grafitti or Deliverance!

A little birdie told me there was a new Nebo/Smidgy TR! :banana:

Is that the same little birdy that my mom used as an informer?
Man, that thing sang more than Deline Cion!

First, I shudder to think what price you'll pay for your pharmaceutical shortfall during this trip... :eek:

You say that because you are concerned for me and my safety and well being, right?
Me, and how I'm going to make it through the trip and still enjoy it,,,, becouse you are concerned about ME, knowing how normally I do everything I possibly can to make our trips the best I can, and how when things are out of your hands,,, that's just it, they are out of your hands, nothing you can do about it. And you feel bad and wish you could help and make things better yourself, whatever you can do to ease the pain anyway you can.

And NOT, NOT, NOT, , ,, "Poor Smidgy,,, HOW can WE help HER ,,,, deal with him this way?

Oh, forget it,,, just forget it,,, I see the look on your typing fingers,, you can't hide that, once again,,, I'm on my own.

Second, make sure you don't shake Pat Quinn's hand too (although I do not follow hockey, every time I see/hear his name, I think of the Canadian hockey coach :laughing:). Your handshake seems to be the trigger to the hokey for Illinois governors! :lmao:

No,,, I'm not a Quinn the Governor's fan either. More of a "Quinn the Eskimo" fan. :rotfl2:

(thank you for setting that one up for me)

"That one was right down the middle Hawk, and he got all of it!"

Second again, I was freaking out on your behalf during that whole security nearly-debacle :scared1: Thank goodness Lou didn't have xray vision! :scared:

Fifth, once removed, I can't wait for the next installment! :thumbsup2

Oh, and yes, Smidgy is always right. I wonder why it takes men so long to understand that we're always right? My step-mom even gave my dh a t-shirt that says "my wife is always right". It must be true if it's on a t-shirt, right? Especially when said t-shirt was purchased in Taiwan :laughing:

You have to understand that we are just stupid men. We have no choice in what we are, nor can we correct it. Howeever, there still remains one time when I am right,,, and that is after she makes up the Sunny D's and puts them back in the cooler so they'll be ready for us to go to the park,,,, mine is now the default position,,,, "on the right" ,,, otherwise known as,,,, "Steve is always right.",,,,,,,, Which,,,, when she thinks a little bit too hard about it can cause her to sometimes remit the most God-awful , uncontrollable snorts and guffaws,,,,

I just finally caught up on Ponzi's report to where you broke down and agreed to this report. Now I'm not only 10 pages behind on his report, I'm already 10 pages behind on your's too! I'm going to have to brew some strong coffee and pull an all nighter if I'm ever going to catch up!!
:surfweb:

I am glad you caved though. Helps pass the time to the next trip.

And, again,,, nudder Canadian,,,, "Mork, don't worry about it, take your time,,, we'll both still be here,,, Laura too. Hey,,, nothing's on TV anyway now.

I just want to thank you for sending Blogovich to Colorado for the next 11 years. Our state's collective IQ went down by 10 points. ;)

Jill in CO

Jill,,, am sorry about that, really,,,, but Nebraska wouldn't take him!
Now,,,, if we can just get him to walk up to Mt. Evans and tell him he has to come down on his own,,,,

In January,,,,,

YAY!!! A new Nebo/Smidgy report!! I always think the metal detectors are going to go off on me, just a stupid fear I have, although I almost walked through them this time with my Iphone in my pocket, I would have fainted if it went off on me :rotfl:. Thanks to you every time I get in a plane I think "aluminum tube of death".

I know how you feel about not wanting to be tied down to ADR's, we are getting that way too. I can't wait to read more about your trip :goodvibes.

Hi Tracy, I missed you.

I'm supposed to be working on the next chapter right now,,, but,,, uh uh, I just peek in now and then to see what's up,,,,, way too dang hot up here, and as we know, it's bad enough with heat rising as it is,,, but when I get blowing my hot air doing a report,,, it can hit triple digits.

I'm supposed to be working on the next chapter right now,,, but,,, uh uh, I just peek in now and then to see what's up,,,,, way too dang hot up here, and as we know, it's bad enough with heat rising as it is,,, but when I get blowing my hot air doing a report,,, it can hit triple digits.

Get thyself a laptop or Ipad and sit in comfort downstairs on the couch or whereever is comfortable.

Waiting (im)patiently for your next spouting of hot air.

Jill in CO
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was he delivered with a big red bow and note that said "Love Nebo"?

YAY!!! A new Nebo/Smidgy report!! I always think the metal detectors are going to go off on me, just a stupid fear I have, although I almost walked through them this time with my Iphone in my pocket, I would have fainted if it went off on me :rotfl:.
My mom tried to go through security with pepper spray...she didn't make it too far.

Get thyself a laptop or Ipad and sit in comfort downstairs on the couch or whereever is comfortable.

all those in favor....raise your sunny d.....

SunnyD.jpg

or your little friends..

Vicodin.jpg

There was a time when I was big into Scotch. Remember when you were in your twenties, and it seemed like at least once a month you had another wedding to got to? Well that was my drink,,, Scotch and Soda,,, in particular,, J&B and Soda,,, I could drink it all night and somewhat maintain, without dyeing the next day.
It helped that I was a huge fan of the Kingston Trio song, Scotch and Soda, and became one of the very first I ever had the ba,,, guts to get up and sing for karaoke.

back in 78 when we got married, there were bands (not Deejays) well, winkers hubby djay existed, but, I digress) and nebo wouldn't hire a band unless they could play Scotch and Soda. we went to see a band at some other saps reception, (had a few drinks, danced, etc) and hired them n the spot.. they sang Scotch and soda, and the singer looked like Peter Lawford (nebo, all of our youngster "followers have NO idea who Peter Lawford is...) , so at our reception, they played the song, but "peter Lawford" was ill that night.

and Nebo forced himself to "like" (not in the facebook sense of "like", not that Nebo has any idea what that is;)) the taste of Scotch, only because he LOVED the song. and it's a GREAT song!!!
]

uh-oh, marita , the german, is getting all Martin Luther on us!! marita, you are wanting him to get a lap top. I am still trying to talk him inot air-conditioning!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was he delivered with a big red bow and note that said "Love Nebo"?

My mom tried to go through security with pepper spray...she didn't make it too far.

all those in favor....raise your sunny d.....

SunnyD.jpg

or your little friends..

Vicodin.jpg

cherie, great pics of the sunny D and "little friends" (not MY friends:;)) did you see the utube video of the CCR song? about coming down from Sunny D? (and looking for lorraine?)

You say that because you are concerned for me and my safety and well being, right?
Me, and how I'm going to make it through the trip and still enjoy it,,,, becouse you are concerned about ME, knowing how normally I do everything I possibly can to make our trips the best I can, and how when things are out of your hands,,, that's just it, they are out of your hands, nothing you can do about it. And you feel bad and wish you could help and make things better yourself, whatever you can do to ease the pain anyway you can.

And NOT, NOT, NOT, , ,, "Poor Smidgy,,, HOW can WE help HER ,,,, deal with him this way?

Oh, forget it,,, just forget it,,, I see the look on your typing fingers,, you can't hide that, once again,,, I'm on my own.

you are just jealous cause Lisa and I are friends!!!!!:grouphug:

for some reason, we have never gotten a good video of nebo singing karaokee. (probably cause the swan is the WORST place to sing,... just a bunchof conventioneers who talk and laugh the whole time you're singing)... but he sings great! notrth to Alaska, ...16 tons... poor side of town.....white wedding...this magic moment.. etc etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter