• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSE-- Pg. 74 SATAN'S HAMMER, Ch.18, pg.160 "Goodnight Sweetheart" epilogue

Great installment!

I am constantly amazed by all of your (and by all of your I mean everyone but me) movie trivia knowledge. I once had to ask what date it was ON my birthday! No way can I remember movie quotes! but I did want to share, on someone's trip report, the young boy in Airplane was my roommates brother. Ross Harris. I don't think he ever lived down the roll!

I did read that earlier on anothre thread about Ross, Irene, and now he's about 42 or so. I'm still getting over Radar being 69.

Nice parody Ponzi!

Once, Flying home from WDW I had to change planes in Kansas City. Evr been to that airport? It is strange. There is a long narrow area that just houses the gates. To go anywhere else you have to walk through a doorway. I wanted to get BBQ sauce for DH so I go to the doorway, peek my head out and see a guard sitting there. I ask him where I can get BBQ sauce. He says "over there, but you can't take it on the plane. And now since you have left the gate area you have to go through security again" Me " left the gate area, I only peeked my head out!" Him "ma 'am if you make this difficult I am going to have to call security" Me "don't call me ma'am and aren't you security"(no I didn't say that I was too nervous) Me" ok, ok" and I trudge through the airport to the nearest TSA area. Meanwhile the rent a cop calls over and tells them to put me through the X-RAY scanner. I was never felt so nervous, insenced and violated in my life. It was the only time I questioned my rights as an American. Good thing I didn't have the wrong pills in the wrong bottle!!

Sorry for the high jack. Opps ;)

That's a great story, don't ever worry about hi jacking, and no, never been to KC, Mo, much less the airport there. Doesn't sound very user friendly to me.
hmm, come to think about it, the only airports I have been in are O'hare, MCO, and whatever it's called in Miami.

I'm in. A little late but I caught up and can't wait to read the rest.

Hey, new kid. Sure, you can play with us, what's your name, kid?

**The day that Nebo cried**
So

[Chorus]

Bye, bye to Diane and her guy
Took a taxi the airport with a talkative guy
The blind ole guy with his whiskey and vikes
Sayin’ this might be the day that I die
This might be the day that I die

Did you book a flight of love
‘Cause it’s Disney you’re dreaming of
For it’s the one place you both like to go.
Now it’s time to hit the road
To the Chicago airport they must go
Nebo asks “Diane can you please walk real slow?

'Cause I threw out my back again
packing for the tube of death we’re flying in
But I think you already knew
Man, flying gives me the traveling blues”
Now on thru TSA to try his luck
Oh no sounds like his bag got stuck
Wouldn’t you know it, he’s in luck
The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

Who's next?

Thump, that is so funny, but even though there's about 6 more verses to that song, nobody is going to take you,,,,

Bye, bye Mr. Vicodin Guy,
Messed your back up with that lifting,
And your scripts have run dry.
Sneaking pills through the airport,
If they find them, he’ll cry.

Whoa, I not only stand corrected, but she is good, darn good!

YAY!! You made it through security! That is the worst part of flying. Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures!

I really, really, hate flying, everything about it except when you get there and go, "Whoa, we're here, if we were driving we'd be lucky to be in Louisville by now.

Hmm. I may have to incorporate part of your chorus into my chorus. :rotfl:

So

[Chorus]

Messed your back up with that lifting, and your scripts have run dry.

The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

:rotfl2::thumbsup2 This is why you don't want to skip the talk inbetween chapters!

:thumbsup2 BRAVO to Ponzi, T_Man, and Laura for the sing-along! :mic:

Nebo, my husband has a page-long checklist of things to do before we leave on a trip, including turning off the water... AT THE METER IN THE YARD!! :rolleyes2

Of course, it really is a good idea, and we never have to worry about what might happen at home while we're gone. Except for tornadoes or trees smashing the house. :faint: Always something. Sheesh!

Harumph! Don't you take that cocky smarypants attitude with me young lady, I can't turn the main shut off off because I need the neighbor to flush at least one of the toilets so the cats have water.
Yes, that is where they both drink from, what can I say, you can fill the water bowl up with nice, cold, fresh water, yet there they are sitting on the toilet seat, slurping away.

Well, I'm glad to go to your gate without being taken into one of those backrooms where they detain you and go through your stuff and ask you all kinds of questions. ... the only reason I know about that room is because I've seen WAY too many movies... i.e. Meet the Parents, etc.

[Chorus]

The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

That was awesome! Great collaboration there, I'm so proud of you poets, sniff!!

Totally off-topic, but I am annoyed to report that I was on a national news story today. Well, not in the story, just the situation. At least NBC national evening news tonight reported on a brush fire by the Disney area, which really surprised me. A brush fire near Disney is national news?
They closed down I-4 in both directions this afternoon for 2 or 3 hours. And guess who was stuck right in the middle of all that fun? Yep, yours truly!
Took me 1 1/2 hours to get home, 25 minutes just to get from All Star to the CBR area :crazy2: And my AC is currently blowing luke warm air!
You will be happy to know all of the local area attractins are still standing.
Now back to your regularly scheduled TR.

Great job on the song guys!!!

Nebo-I travel about once a month for work. You got off pretty easy with TSA. I think I have recently been flagged because I keep winning the coveted prize of a pat down. I think I'll pass and take what is behind door #2:).

Smidgy I feel your pain. My flights are always early and I never sleep the night before for fear that my alarm clock isn't going to go off. I keep expecting them to ask my if I want to check the bags under my eyes or just carry them on :(

That whole update had my on the edge of my seat the whole time. Like "what's gonna happen!" :rotfl:
And then nothing bad really happened :rotfl2:

And I'm CRRRAAAZZZY about sleeping. Nuts. I start thinking "in order to get exactly 8 hours [which is technically pointless because at this stage in life I usually need more than 8] of sleep I need to fall asleep in five minutes" And then I spend all night being anxious and never fall asleep. And later it becomes "Okay, if I want to get at least 4 hours I should fall asleep......NOW" and so on.

That's what drugs are for!

Loved the song guys! Though it did make me sing American Pie to myself for over 24 hrs but there are worse things than that. I often find myself singing out loud (softly not belting it out) without really realizing I'm doing it until someone looks at me funny. When my son was little and I had the joy of watching all those painful kiddie shows with him I'd catch myself singing kiddie songs out loud and then I really got funny looks :scratchin Nebo, you shouldn't have worried during security - those nice TSA folks are too busy busting people for having really dangerous things like water bottles with them to steal your vikes!

Okay, I'm going to try to keep this fairly brief, I am dog tired tonight. I worked late every evening this week and saved all the packing for this evening. The kids were so excited so mission accomplished there.

We are staying at the WL, no dining plan, but with TIW. We don't really care too much about eating at all the places anymore, most of them we have been to at least once before. I do have an ADR for Tony's but we'll see if we keep it, it's been in the lineup before but it has never made the final countdown. We are going to Ohana in your honor, of course! ;) It looks like rain possibly Sunday-Tuesday, but unless its torrential with storms, we will probably brave it.

Boy Nebo, do I have some stories from the peach packing/peach stand days! It was hard work, dirty work, and itchy work, but it was also tons of fun. My dad said it was great character education, and in a lot of ways he was so right. I remember asking him for a raise when I was a sophomore in college because I had been working at minimum wage since the 7th grade. I told him that all of my friends made a lot more than minimum wage. He told me "DeeDee, don't worry about the hourly wage because you will be working more hours than they will so you will make more money". :rotfl: And you know what he was right, I did make more money though he did end up giving me a small increase anyway. He used to tell me that twelve hours days were part time work too! ;)

A little known fact for you too, a medium peach has more potassium than a banana.

Oh yeah, on the Louis Gossett Jr. thing, back in the day I dated a guy who was in the Marines stationed at Parris Island. I remember going to visit him on weekends and driving past the check point. It is unreal how the base feels like it is disconnected from the world as we know it as civilians. I can attest to the fact that there are plenty of Louis Gossett Jrs.

Early in our relationship when I was meeting Diane's family, she told her grandmother it helped to talk a bit louder, Steve is a little hard of hearing.
From that moment on,, she would walk right up to me when she wanted to say something,,, and scream in my face.
Then she'd always repeat it at least twice.
It was funny.

honey, you forgot. she also talked to you in BABY talk!

love the song guys!

cp'rsmom.. did you know you responded to me not being able to sleep, etc, over on ponzies thread??? :lmao: with all this back and forth amongst TRs, I thought for sure I was going to do that, but you beat me to it!!!:p

buzz: have a great trip!!!!

Nebo, one important thing I meant to mention in my sleep drunk haze last night. Awesome "p" sentence!! I'm not sure how we are awarding the points in this TR or a certain other TR, but to me you get 50 points for that sentence. If I weren't running around like a chicken with my head cut off ;)(I've heard that saying my whole life), I would try to come up with a response.

I owe you one!

Smidgy, thanks for the well wishes. The kids are bouncing off the walls this morning. I think I'm going to lose out on my wish to see Illuminations tonight. The kids want to go to the MK for just a few rides, please!

Yep, I'm going to lose and win at the same time! ;)

Later Gators! I'll have my lap top and may pop in from time to time.

I see Lots of Laura,
So to speak.

Yeah, not something you want to say to a woman.

They closed down I-4 in both directions this afternoon for 2 or 3 hours. And guess who was stuck right in the middle of all that fun? Yep, yours truly!
Took me 1 1/2 hours to get home, 25 minutes just to get from All Star to the CBR area :crazy2: And my AC is currently blowing luke warm air!

Yikes! You poor thing Marita!

Loved the song guys! Though it did make me sing American Pie to myself for over 24 hrs

Me too! I guess it's better than when my daughter was little and I had Wiggles songs like "Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy" stuck in my head.

Have a great trip Buzz!

Ponzi, great song!

Nice parody Ponzi!

Loved the song guys!

love the song guys!

:thumbsup2 BRAVO to Ponzi, T_Man, and Laura for the sing-along! :mic:

:goodvibes Thanks! I had no idea what I was about to unleash... honest! But Nebo started it. :rolleyes:

So

[Chorus]

Bye, bye to Diane and her guy
Took a taxi the airport with a talkative guy

The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

Who's next?

Messed your back up with that lifting,
And your scripts have run dry.
Sneaking pills through the airport,
If they find them, you'll cry.

Hmm. I may have to incorporate part of your chorus into my chorus. :rotfl:

So

[Chorus]

The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

That was great guys! :thumbsup2

I remember during "Desert Storm" , when newsman Wolf Blitzer became so popular,Johnny Carson's monologue he said, "His real name is Shark Divebomber but he wanted something a little more dramatic.

:lmao: Man I miss Johhny. None of the others come close.

Early in our relationship when I was meeting Diane's family, she told her grandmother it helped to talk a bit louder, Steve is a little hard of hearing.
From that moment on,, she would walk right up to me when she wanted to say something,,, and scream in my face.
It was funny.

:lmao: That's hillarious! I wish I could go back in time to re-meet my MIL, now!

For some reason I've always liked that line.

Me too. Trying to remember. Didn't he say that to Klinger?

I should probably explain that routine, huh?

Not to me. ;)

Folks, right there is TR commenting at it's finest.

Whaddya trying to do? Make me blush? Or worse... be nice?

It's not a great movie, but it is disturbing,,, and for being from a true story,,, they totally changed the ending of what happened in real life.

Ugh. I hate it when they do that. If it's a true story... then let the story stand on its own. :sad2: Ever see Perfect Storm with Clooney? Don't!!

Would yu believe that is a movie I have never seen? I got so sick of everybody walking around saying that line I just refused to go and see it.

Oh, go ahead and watch it. It's really such a small part of the movie.

I had to read that a couple times before the nickel dropped. Good one! Now you can terminate that before it get's interminable.

Okay, consider it interred.

Most people just "ride" the escalators, Smidgy hates them.

Escalators.

Not people.
Geesh!

Hates people but will let herself get picked up and taken home by them...

check.

Nice job,,, I knew you'd have fun with that chapter.

Thanks! And yes... I did.

Nebo, one important thing I meant to mention in my sleep drunk haze last night. Awesome "p" sentence!! I'm not sure how we are awarding the points in this TR or a certain other TR, but to me you get 50 points for that sentence. If I weren't running around like a chicken with my head cut off ;)(I've heard that saying my whole life), I would try to come up with a response.

I owe you one!

Smidgy, thanks for the well wishes. The kids are bouncing off the walls this morning. I think I'm going to lose out on my wish to see Illuminations tonight. The kids want to go to the MK for just a few rides, please!

Yep, I'm going to lose and win at the same time! ;)

Later Gators! I'll have my lap top and may pop in from time to time.

Have a safe trip! Say hello to Mickey for us!

Loved the song guys! Though it did make me sing American Pie to myself for over 24 hrs but there are worse things than that. I often find myself singing out loud (softly not belting it out) without really realizing I'm doing it until someone looks at me funny. When my son was little and I had the joy of watching all those painful kiddie shows with him I'd catch myself singing kiddie songs out loud and then I really got funny looks :scratchin Nebo, you shouldn't have worried during security - those nice TSA folks are too busy busting people for having really dangerous things like water bottles with them to steal your vikes!

Don't forget those lethal nail clippers. Cutting off a hangnail could be lethal, ya know!

Hey Nebo, great update! I'd quote passages here, but my brain is FRIED! I worked 2 12 hour shifts (really more like 13 1/2) and I'm DONE. It's in ICU, I was on a surgical floor before & holy crap, I feel like I'm learning things all over again. I'll try my best to remember what I read....

I too have a crappy back. More neck than back. It curves to the back instead of the front, like it should. Nothing like picking up the baby & then trying to not drop him because your neck decided to be a jerk. I bought my DH a shiatsu massager from Bookstone a few years back & I think I use it more than he does. Makes the back feel pretty awesome. Also, have you tried flexeril for muscle pain? Also, stretch, alternate heat & ice... I agree with you on the squishy mattress. I once had a super soft mattress with a feather bed on top, it was like sleeping on a cloud, and my back never hurt. Then we bought the mattress from Hell (pretty sure the Devil himself designed the thing) & I'll wake up & get out of bed not because I'm rested, but because it hurts too much to sleep on the stupid thing! One day I'll bid it adieu properly and burn it.

I HATE going through airport security. I always feel hurried, incompetent, and violated. Ugh. Being in the airport is nerve wracking enough without dealing with that.

Hope the flight goes smoothly!

Well, I'm glad to go to your gate without being taken into one of those backrooms where they detain you and go through your stuff and ask you all kinds of questions. ... the only reason I know about that room is because I've seen WAY too many movies... i.e. Meet the Parents, etc.

No, never been in one of those rooms, but I have "enjoyed" being put in a detention holding all concrete interrogation room in Old Comiskey Park underneath Sox Stadium.
It was delightful, and no, don't ask!

That was awesome! Great collaboration there, I'm so proud of you poets, sniff!!

Totally off-topic, but I am annoyed to report that I was on a national news story today. Well, not in the story, just the situation. At least NBC national evening news tonight reported on a brush fire by the Disney area, which really surprised me. A brush fire near Disney is national news?

I thought you agreed to stay off of I-4, you can probably take Apopka/Vineland, Turkey Lake all the way back into Oralando and it's a much safer drive.

Great job on the song guys!!!

Nebo-I travel about once a month for work. You got off pretty easy with TSA. I think I have recently been flagged because I keep winning the coveted prize of a pat down. I think I'll pass and take what is behind door #2:).

Heck our last trip flying we were flagged too, TSA would 't ,let Disney check our bags On Magical Depress, we had to bring them and do it ourselves.

Smidgy I feel your pain. My flights are always early and I never sleep the night before for fear that my alarm clock isn't going to go off. I keep expecting them to ask my if I want to check the bags under my eyes or just carry them on :(

:lmao::happytv:That's a great line Kgroo, I'm gonna use that sooner or later.

That whole update had my on the edge of my seat the whole time. Like "what's gonna happen!" :rotfl:
And then nothing bad really happened :rotfl2:

you are absolutely correct:
I can't be trusted.

And I'm CRRRAAAZZZY about sleeping. Nuts. I start thinking "in order to get exactly 8 hours [which is technically pointless because at this stage in life I usually need more than 8] of sleep I need to fall asleep in five minutes" And then I spend all night being anxious and never fall asleep. And later it becomes "Okay, if I want to get at least 4 hours I should fall asleep......NOW" and so on.

That's what drugs are for!

Ambien? That's one I've never tried,,, Hopefully it will stay that way. I don't have room for any more prescriptions.

Nebo, you shouldn't have worried during security - those nice TSA folks are too busy busting people for having really dangerous things like water bottles with them to steal your vikes!

Smidgy got busted once for a Bic lighter in her checked bag, in a jacket pocket. The agent kept digging and looking for it and looking for it because the machine SAID there was a lighter somewhere in there.
Finally he found it, held it up admiringly for all to see like he just caught an 8 pound walleye!
I took his picture with it.

We are staying at the WL, no dining plan, but with TIW. We don't really care too much about eating at all the places anymore, most of them we have been to at least once before. I do have an ADR for Tony's but we'll see if we keep it, it's been in the lineup before but it has never made the final countdown. We are going to Ohana in your honor, of course! ;) It looks like rain possibly Sunday-Tuesday, but unless its torrential with storms, we will probably brave it.

I can't even count the number of times that Tony's has ended up on the cutting room floor, we still haven't eaten there.

A little known fact for you too, a medium peach has more potassium than a banana.

Another little known fact:
Peaches are the main source in the manufacturing of Fuzzy Cups.

Oh yeah, on the Louis Gossett Jr. thing, back in the day I dated a guy who was in the Marines stationed at Parris Island. I remember going to visit him on weekends and driving past the check point. It is unreal how the base feels like it is disconnected from the world as we know it as civilians. I can attest to the fact that there are plenty of Louis Gossett Jrs.

that, I can believe. Have a great time Dee Dee, don't even think of all of us that weren't able to go ourselves.

It was funny.

honey, you forgot. she also talked to you in BABY talk!

Oh, that's right, how can I forget that?
"STEVIE, YOU WANT A NICE COOKIE, NOW?"

!!!!

I thought you agreed to stay off of I-4, you can probably take Apopka/Vineland, Turkey Lake all the way back into Oralando and it's a much safer drive

Nope, never promised to stay off I-4. Besides, I am only there a short stretch, then I go east on the Beachline, just past the airport. So Apopka/Vineland is really out of the way for me.

Buzz, have a great trip! Hope you get to check in.

I'm sure you're tired of hearing this from me...but.....I'm late! Since my personal invite got lost in the mail it's a good thing Smidgy is on facebook!

I would PAY to see you and Blago in a jail cell together for a few hours. That poor guy is a couple hairs short of a full toupe. I watched him on The Apprentice and I just thought there must be a man behind the curtain who got him elected.:rotfl:

I've never had my prescriptions looked at when I travel. I've heard that they have to be in the original bottles...yata, yata, yata, but it's never been a problem. And I would be in a lot of trouble because I poor all of mine into 1 bottle. It's like a bottle of skittles by the time I'm done. I was a little nervous when we brought over the counter ibuprofen with codiene home from europe tho.

Hey Nebo, great update! I'd quote passages here, but my brain is FRIED! I worked 2 12 hour shifts (really more like 13 1/2) and I'm DONE. It's in ICU, I was on a surgical floor before & holy crap, I feel like I'm learning things all over again. I'll try my best to remember what I read....

I too have a crappy back. More neck than back. It curves to the back instead of the front, like it should. Nothing like picking up the baby & then trying to not drop him because your neck decided to be a jerk. I bought my DH a shiatsu massager from Bookstone a few years back & I think I use it more than he does. Makes the back feel pretty awesome. Also, have you tried flexeril for muscle pain? Also, stretch, alternate heat & ice... I agree with you on the squishy mattress. I once had a super soft mattress with a feather bed on top, it was like sleeping on a cloud, and my back never hurt. Then we bought the mattress from Hell (pretty sure the Devil himself designed the thing) & I'll wake up & get out of bed not because I'm rested, but because it hurts too much to sleep on the stupid thing! One day I'll bid it adieu properly and burn it.

Have not tried Flexeril, but I do have a pillow top mattress tht really turned my life around back wise, it used to be 10 times worse. I also have neck trouble as well,,,10 years ago I had xrays taken,,, the radiologist reading the xray came out to meet me, because he didn't believe the pictures were from a 45 year old man, he said I have the neck of an 80 year old.
Gee, thanks, I never do take good school photos.

I HATE going through airport security. I always feel hurried, incompetent, and violated. Ugh. Being in the airport is nerve wracking enough without dealing with that.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Hope the flight goes smoothly!

:goodvibes Thanks! I had no idea what I was about to unleash... honest! But Nebo started it. :rolleyes:

Me? I had to go back to the original post.
You know, I missed that, the lead in, now it's even more impressive :woohoo:

:lmao: Man I miss Johhny. None of the others come close.

Yep, and I don't even watch ANY of them now,,, I'm looking for MASH reruns.

:lmao: That's hillarious! I wish I could go back in time to re-meet my MIL, now!

I got along pretty good with my MIL, for some reason she seemed to like me.

Me too. Trying to remember. Didn't he say that to Klinger?

I have no idea,,, I think he said it more than once,,, not sure.

Not to me. ;)

Remember that, do you?

Whaddya trying to do? Make me blush? Or worse... be nice?

Oh no, no, not at all, it was just a screw up on my part. Nothing personal.

Ugh. I hate it when they do that. If it's a true story... then let the story stand on its own. :sad2: Ever see Perfect Storm with Clooney? Don't!!

I actually saw that in the theatre,,,, and to this day,,, it's one of less than 5 movies in my lifetime that I honestly dozed off during in the theater.
Others being, "Prince of the City",,,, and I think what was the most boring Gene Hackman movie,,,, heck,,, ANY movie, ever made, "I never sang for my Father."

Hates people but will let herself get picked up and taken home by them...

check.

She's funny that way.

Thanks! And yes... I did.

Ignore this,,, I need to write outside the box or I can't post.
hmmmm, why does something sound really familiar?

Nope, never promised to stay off I-4. Besides, I am only there a short stretch, then I go east on the Beachline, just past the airport. So Apopka/Vineland is really out of the way for me.

Buzz, have a great trip! Hope you get to check in.

Was it busy yesterday on the Beachline? I take the 417 home & it wasn't bad. Then again, I was driving at 8pm. People were calling in late because I4 was closed.

Was it busy yesterday on the Beachline? I take the 417 home & it wasn't bad. Then again, I was driving at 8pm. People were calling in late because I4 was closed.

I don't know about the beachline yesterday, because I couldn't get there!
I took 417 too, that wasnt bad, the bad part was getting there. I took me an hour from All Star to get on 417. I was on the road at 3:40 pm. By 8, all roads were open again.

Smidgy got busted once for a Bic lighter in her checked bag, in a jacket pocket. The agent kept digging and looking for it and looking for it because the machine SAID there was a lighter somewhere in there.
Finally he found it, held it up admiringly for all to see like he just caught an 8 pound walleye!
I took his picture with it.

The mental image of you taking a picture of the TSA guy victoriously holding up Smidy's lighter made me laugh out loud. (I almost said "picturing you taking a picture" but knew I would swing the "make fun of Nurse Ratchet" door WIDE open) :lmao: Long, long ago in a cold Northeastern state far, far away I used to be a cop in a small town. The local fish and wildlife guy called once for backup as he had just busted some not very friendly guys jacking deer. When he and I approached the nice gentlemen they were in the process of taking pictures with said jacked deer and the fish cop took their picture as well. Needless to say they were not very happy with him and things got really scary for a little while. In the end it made great evidence in court. Uh, no your honor we were just posing with the nice deer - he's a friend of ours....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter