CSE-- Pg. 74 SATAN'S HAMMER, Ch.18, pg.160 "Goodnight Sweetheart" epilogue

well, nebo got more sleep than I did!

we decided that I would not work sat night. in fact, I told the owners of the restaurant we were leaving sat., cause when you need to get home early, that's the night you have a table that comes in just before close and lingers!

turns out I probably would have been tired enough to sleep a little if I had done that. I went to bed about 8. think I fell asleep about 9, for an hour, tops.. noticed my throat was kinda scratchy (you can be healthy for 8 months, but plan a trip?? sure, sore throat. hope it's nothing.)

get a sip of water.. no, then I'll have to pee soon. ok, ignore the throat.. but now I'm really thirsty. no,Patches, I don't want to pet you now. go bother daddy.... throat sore. ok go drink and pee at the same time. maybe the newly emptied bladder will be fooled, at least until I fall asleep.

now... you can not have seen mischief (the other cat) for 6 hours, but as soon as you are sitting on the toilet, she is miraculously lying at your feet. rolling around. purring. she wants you to pet her with your feet. (in fact she is lying on my foot right now. she loves feet. the other night she laid down right on nebo's flip flops, rubbing up against them from time to time)

after my calf mucles started to get sore, a few sips of water (not working, throat still scratchy), I decide to read a bit of my Redbook, while I wait for the water to "kick in". and sip more water.. while my feet are rubbing the cat back and forth. (I'm amazed I didn't start juggling with my toothbrush, hairbrush, and throw in the razor, just to make in interesting!) and occupy myself since I'm nowhere near my ususal bedtime.

I finally go back to bed. and repeat this process about 6 times, adding in the panicked look at the clock every 10 minutes. do you know I NEVER slept after that? I got out of bed about 10 minutes before the alarm was going to go off. sigh.

maybe I can sleep in the cab? uh oh, it's that talkative cabbie with the long hair that picked me up at the Vee. (apparently Ilet myself get picked up a lot!:rotfl:)

actually,now don't laugh, born and raised in Chicago..I don't drive in over 3 inches of snow anymore. (another reason Florida and I would be a good fit)

jumping ahead here, but no sleeping on the plane either. in fact, no sleeping until bedtime sunday night at CSR:scared1:

and if you knew me and my relationship with sleeping (I like it.. a lot) you would be amazed!

I can still remember
How that Nebo used to make me smile..
And I knew if he took a chance
That he could make some people glance
At his TR and make 'em happy for a while
But May did make him shiver
With every twinge his back did quiver
Bad news for his rear end
He couldn't twist more or bend
I can't remember if he cried
When I read about his wounded pride
But Smidgy reached down deep inside
And took his whining in stride.

:worship:

well, nebo got more sleep than I did!

we decided that I would not work sat night. in fact, I told the owners of the restaurant we were leaving sat., cause when you need to get home early, that's the night you have a table that comes in just before close and lingers!

turns out I probably would have been tired enough to sleep a little if I had done that. I went to bed about 8. think I fell asleep about 9, for an hour, tops.. noticed my throat was kinda scratchy (you can be healthy for 8 months, but plan a trip?? sure, sore throat. hope it's nothing.)

get a sip of water.. no, then I'll have to pee soon. ok, ignore the throat.. but now I'm really thirsty. no,Patches, I don't want to pet you now. go bother daddy.... throat sore. ok go drink and pee at the same time. maybe the newly emptied bladder will be fooled, at least until I fall asleep.

now... you can not have seen mischief (the other cat) for 6 hours, but as soon as you are sitting on the toilet, she is miraculously lying at your feet. rolling around. purring. she wants you to pet her with your feet. (in fact she is lying on my foot right now. she loves feet. the other night she laid down right on nebo's flip flops, rubbing up against them from time to time)

after my calf mucles started to get sore, a few sips of water (not working, throat still scratchy), I decide to read a bit of my Redbook, while I wait for the water to "kick in". and sip more water.. while my feet are rubbing the cat back and forth. (I'm amazed I didn't start juggling with my toothbrush, hairbrush, and throw in the razor, just to make in interesting!) and occupy myself since I'm nowhere near my ususal bedtime.

I finally go back to bed. and repeat this process about 6 times, adding in the panicked look at the clock every 10 minutes. do you know I NEVER slept after that? I got out of bed about 10 minutes before the alarm was going to go off. sigh.

maybe I can sleep in the cab? uh oh, it's that talkative cabbie with the long hair that picked me up at the Vee. (apparently Ilet myself get picked up a lot!:rotfl:)

actually,now don't laugh, born and raised in Chicago..I don't drive in over 3 inches of snow anymore. (another reason Florida and I would be a good fit)

jumping ahead here, but no sleeping on the plane either. in fact, no sleeping until bedtime sunday night at CSR:scared1:

and if you knew me and my relationship with sleeping (I like it.. a lot) you would be amazed!

The whole no sleeping before something important is me to a tee as well Smidgy. I think it's the pressure of knowing I need to sleep that keeps me from actually going to sleep!! :sad2:

I can still remember

Excellent Ponzi!!! I love it!

Mayo-naise indeed Nebo! I have to say that "Officer and a Gentleman" is one of my favorite movies, not because of the romance angle, but that was pretty good, but because of the story of the transformation of Zack as a man. It had such a gritty, real feel to it.

Though I must confess I did daydream of Richard Gere saving me from the peach packing shed I worked at in middle school and high school. I think I mentioned my parents own and operate a produce farm.....well as a youngster I helped grade peaches, sorting them by letting the good ones go to fill boxes to ship up North, throwing the bad ones onto a conveyor belt to dump in the peach pit. Anyway, the packing shed was HOT and the peaches were itchy so after watching OAAG I would occasionally wonder where in the heck Zack Mayo was at that moment. :sad2:

Great chapter Nebo! So glad you made it safely through with your precious stash!

I know I owe you a few more details on our trip. I'll catch you up on the deets tomorrow.

The abend before the flight, ( I'm trying to win some points from Marita, too), I stayed dowstairs and slept on the couch.

AWW, aren't you sweet! 250 Bonus points for you.

Great update. You know you're fans dont want the Cliff notes version, right?
BTW, can't you call your doctor to phone in refills for your vikes? Or would that kill the story:confused3

Ponzi, great song!

Smidgy, I am so with you on sleep. I will sleep for 10-11 hours left on my own. Unfortunately, the dang alarm rings most day, sigh....

BTW, can't you call your doctor to phone in refills for your vikes? Or would that kill the story:confused3

Ponzi, great song!

Smidgy, I am so with you on sleep. I will sleep for 10-11 hours left on my own. Unfortunately, the dang alarm rings most day, sigh....

Surprise! I agree with Marita. Cliff notes and Nebo should never be connected in a sentence, much less a TR! ;)

The abend before the flight,

Ok you got me there. What's an abend? The only definition I can find is this: abbr. Computer Science, abnormal end of task

I found out a long time ago, that everything my folks had taught me about how you need a hard bed to avoid back trouble is horse hockey!

Agreed! And I going to find a way to fit "horse hockey" into conversation.

I barely slept at all, and when I finally did fall into a real sleep, suddenly there was this face over me:

"Steve,,, Steve, wake up, it's time."

And I slugged her,
right between the eyes!

Well, I wanted to.

It's not like she was waking you up to mow the lawn or something.

Now, doing this, suddenly made me think of Cheech and Chong, and I had to play:

"Taxi", a voice on the other side replied.

"Taxi"? I said back.

"Yes, taxi" once more.

"Oh, taxi" I said, "Taxi's not h".

I read this 4 times and the nickel still isn't dropping.

It's over a half hour to O'Hare, and now I've got time to worry.

Uh oh.

Totally, undeniably, against the law, narcotics must always be transported in their own prescription bottle, and the penalty isn't just getting sent to bed without dessert.

Ok. Good reason to worry.

I have made sure there is nothing objectionable in my carry on to attract attention, even my toothbrush is in my checked bag, in case they thought I might want to overpower 200 passengers on the plane with my Oral B.

What a sight that would be!

Once again, we got the talkative cabby.
I never really like to hold conversations to the back of somebody's head, but not much choice with this guy.

Especially at 3:30 in the morning.

One time,, after Smdgy said something to me, he actually said,, "You talkin' to me?", and I know he didn't realize what he, the taxi driver, had just said. She and I almost died.

Classic!

Finally, we get in, find out where we have to go and get in what just amazed me,,,,, a huge, loong line.

Always amazing to see a long line at an airport.

Our two bags are checked, yes, all the alcohol is in them.
(darn Smidgy)

Out of curiousity, do you ever have trouble with anything breaking or spilling?

And, on cue, as we turn towards the security checkpoint, my heart starts pounding.
"Oh please don't send me to prison, I really don't like men, that way, Oh please, oh please, ,, what if I end up sharing a cell with, with,,,,,,

Rod Blagojevich!

(It's possible that joke fell on it's face to folks outside of Illinois, I don't know how national news our governor going to prison is anymore when it happens every 8 years or so.:rotfl:)

He was in the national news quite a bit but was hilariously idiotic on the Celebrity Apprentice. I have to wonder how he was voted in.

I was 11 years old and shook hands with Governor Kerner at the State Fair when I was there for an accordian concert, then they sent him to prison, too.

Maybe it's me.

Did you shake Blagojevich's hand too?

We started with the sleepwalkers checking our boarding passes and ID's.
Then we got IQ 83 who didn't know which way we should now go,
followed by:

"Move it move it, SHOES OFF, HATS OFF, MOVE IT MOVE IT, IN THE BASKET, SHOES OFF HATS OFF!

You're right! That's exactly how it works. The drill masters are always the ones at the conveyor belt.

I just knew I was dead meat, yes, even I was intimidated, on top of being scared to death. That's a great combination.

They can smell fear you know.

This time it wasn't Sargeant Hulka, but Lou Gossett Jr. himself in my face:

"What part of "take your hats off" didn't you understand?

May-o-naise

I walked through.

And nothing happened when I walked through, which always surprises me because I was told that the hardware still in my foot may set off metal detectors, if pills in the pockets don't.

You are the master of the build-up Nebo.

No, I didn't bring any empty space, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I used it up when I put my carry on down.

:lmao:

Diane sees the look on my face, and says quietly, "Steve, this is no time to panic."

"It's a GREAT time to panic! Join me, won't you?"

Toy Story!

Finally, we stopped at a bench and put our shoes back on.
I let out a big sigh of relief, a lot of worry for nothing.
Hey, I'm good at it, they say you should do what you're good at.

It would be a pretty short story without it.

Tell me;
Do you walk, on the moving walkways?
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Ditto for escalators?

Yes. You ALWAYS should walk on the moving WALKways.

DWs favorite story from a trip to Germany with my parents. DW speaks some german, my DMom does too... and forgets that DW does. We sit down to "abendbrot" and my DMom turns to DW and says, "See? Abendbrot. Abend, evening. Brot, bread. Abend, brot. Evening, bread. Abendbrot. Evening bread. Abend, evening. Brot, bread. Abendbrot. Eveningbread."

I think DW has known what abendbrot means since she was two.
I think my DMom was a teacher and will always be a teacher.

Ah. Abend question answered.

I can still remember

Terrorist! You could barge into the cockpit, split the Ativan in half, make the pilot and co-pilot take a half each, and take over the plane when they get fatigued! Oh you evil plotter, you!

At least it's not with his Oral B.

Haven't you ever seen the one shoe on the highway? There are thousands of kids running around with only one shoe. It's a rule.

I've seen them on telephone poles too.

The dreaded campers! I remember those days. It's always when you have to leave on time that they put them in your section and you just know they aren't going to tip accordingly.

Aw Diane, I'm feeling for ya!! And I too have tried to "trick" my newly-empty bladder into thinking it can wait until morning. I HOPE your throat wasn't anything serious, and I HOPE you nodded off on the plane. If not....it's what I call "next-night-sleep-insurance." You'll be so exhausted, the following night is a GUARANTEED good night's sleep! (again, fingers crossed!!)

~~Dawn

Great installment!

I am constantly amazed by all of your (and by all of your I mean everyone but me) movie trivia knowledge. I once had to ask what date it was ON my birthday! No way can I remember movie quotes! but I did want to share, on someone's trip report, the young boy in Airplane was my roommates brother. Ross Harris. I don't think he ever lived down the roll!

Nice parody Ponzi!

Once, Flying home from WDW I had to change planes in Kansas City. Evr been to that airport? It is strange. There is a long narrow area that just houses the gates. To go anywhere else you have to walk through a doorway. I wanted to get BBQ sauce for DH so I go to the doorway, peek my head out and see a guard sitting there. I ask him where I can get BBQ sauce. He says "over there, but you can't take it on the plane. And now since you have left the gate area you have to go through security again" Me " left the gate area, I only peeked my head out!" Him "ma 'am if you make this difficult I am going to have to call security" Me "don't call me ma'am and aren't you security"(no I didn't say that I was too nervous) Me" ok, ok" and I trudge through the airport to the nearest TSA area. Meanwhile the rent a cop calls over and tells them to put me through the X-RAY scanner. I was never felt so nervous, insenced and violated in my life. It was the only time I questioned my rights as an American. Good thing I didn't have the wrong pills in the wrong bottle!!

Sorry for the high jack. Opps ;)

I can still remember

**The day that Nebo cried**
So

[Chorus]

Bye, bye to Diane and her guy
Took a taxi the airport with a talkative guy
The blind ole guy with his whiskey and vikes
Sayin’ this might be the day that I die
This might be the day that I die

Did you book a flight of love
‘Cause it’s Disney you’re dreaming of
For it’s the one place you both like to go.
Now it’s time to hit the road
To the Chicago airport they must go
Nebo asks “Diane can you please walk real slow?

'Cause I threw out my back again
packing for the tube of death we’re flying in
But I think you already knew
Man, flying gives me the traveling blues”
Now on thru TSA to try his luck
Oh no sounds like his bag got stuck
Wouldn’t you know it, he’s in luck
The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

Who's next?

Bye, bye Mr. Vicodin Guy,
Messed your back up with that lifting,
And your scripts have run dry.
Sneaking pills through the airport,
If they find them, you'll cry.

YAY!! You made it through security! That is the worst part of flying. Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures!

Hey, you should have stopped by for breakfast. Oh, wait, I wasn't up yet. :lmao:

I have actually looked in the Atlas for Fowler, but haven't found it yet. Give me a clue.

Hey Mac, cookies aren't necessarily a requirement to post on Ponzi's page (although it does help to grease the palm for enterance LOL) you could always gain entrance by posting a recipe for Haggis or something equally as interesting from your neck of the woods.:thumbsup2

Haggis? How about a good Scotch whiskey recipe instead?

I concur.... squishy mattresses, or couches in your case, are much better. My folks said the same thing---a firm mattress for an aching back---they were, respectfully, wrong!

OK, I was nervous right along with you!! Glad you made it through OK, hope you made it to a restaurant to grab a coffee or a pastry and could take the Ativan, anything to help take the edge off!! And flying makes even a HEALTHY back hurt!

Thanks for the quick update!!
Dawn

You were taught that too, Dawn? My folks even put a sheet of plywood between the hard mattress and the box spring,,,,,
AND THEY BOTH ALWAYS HAD BAD BACKS!

Thank Goodness you got through with the Vs and Ps! I was so worried for Smidgy if you didn't. :lmao: I don't blame you for being worried though. I get nervous going through when I'm not carrying contraband.

It is exactly 3 miles between terminals at Ohare. ::yes::

You have to walk on the moving walkway!!! Not on the escalator though. Or, if you're not walking on the MW, keep right, so that quicker walkers can get by you. :snooty:

So many adventures and you haven't even gotten on the plane. This is going to be fun.

Hmm, you will probably use Midway mostly now where you are, right? So you can use the cheaper Southwest flights.

I combined aspirin and my BP meds in a bottle this year. I then took the label off the BP meds and stuck it to the aspirin bottle, *just in case*. I try to think of everything that could possibly happen to prevent me from going to WDW at the last minute, and this is one of them. I also refrained from running around with the dog, b/c you know that's how knees get blown out!

LOL'd at the "you talkin' to me?" line from the taxi driver! Sounds like he really needs to get himself organizized.

Diggin' your adventure so far. I'm in now, and I'm scared to jump from moving vehicles, so I guess I have to just hang on...

Hey Jon, I also had a mix bottle that contained aspirin, ibuprofen, Alleve, Advil, and,,,,,, Immodium,,,, don't ask!
It sure was colorful when you dumped them out though.

Messed your back up with that lifting,
And your scripts have run dry.
Sneaking pills through the airport,
If they find them, he’ll cry.

Hmm. I may have to incorporate part of your chorus into my chorus. :rotfl:

I can still remember

**The day that Nebo cried**
So

[Chorus]

Messed your back up with that lifting, and your scripts have run dry.
The blind ole guy with his whiskey and vikes

Did you book a flight of love
‘Cause it’s Disney you’re dreaming of
For it’s the one place you both like to go.
Now it’s time to hit the road
To the Chicago airport they must go
Nebo asks “Diane can you please walk real slow?

'Cause I threw out my back again
packing for the tube of death we’re flying in
But I think you already knew
Man, flying gives me the traveling blues”
Now on thru TSA to try his luck
Oh no sounds like his bag got stuck
Wouldn’t you know it, he’s in luck
The day that Nebo cried
The Dis’ers singin'

[Chorus]

Whoa, he's on top of it:

No. You need to add explosions and maybe a tornado.

I remember during "Desert Storm" , when newsman Wolf Blitzer became so popular,Johnny Carson's monologue he said, "His real name is Shark Divebomber but he wanted something a little more dramatic.

DWs favorite story from a trip to Germany with my parents. DW speaks some german, my DMom does too... and forgets that DW does. We sit down to "abendbrot" and my DMom turns to DW and says, "See? Abendbrot. Abend, evening. Brot, bread. Abend, brot. Evening, bread. Abendbrot. Evening bread. Abend, evening. Brot, bread. Abendbrot. Eveningbread."

I think DW has known what abendbrot means since she was two.
I think my DMom was a teacher and will always be a teacher.

Early in our relationship when I was meeting Diane's family, she told her grandmother it helped to talk a bit louder, Steve is a little hard of hearing.
From that moment on,, she would walk right up to me when she wanted to say something,,, and scream in my face.
Then she'd always repeat it at least twice.
It was funny.

Yes sir! Col. Potter!
For some reason I've always liked that line.

And? Was business better that day? Didn't know you had trouble in that area... oh that's right, you did just have a prostate exam.

And that morning all I wanted was to be prostrate.

I agree with Smidgy here. Cause if I'm that taxi driver, I'm turning around and wishing you luck getting to the airport... Or better yet, take you to the airport... via Rockford.

I should probably explain that routine, huh?

I knew that. And it's excellent advice. Now guess how many times I've remembered to do it before leaving the house.

And the dishwasher has the same set up, and i never turn that one off.

I can still remember

Folks, right there is TR commenting at it's finest.

Haven't seen that movie either... and I can't for the life of me figure out why not? :confused3 Midnight Express, I mean. I've seen Airplane. Didn't make the connection.

It's not a great movie, but it is disturbing,,, and for being from a true story,,, they totally changed the ending of what happened in real life.

:

:lmao: That movie I've seen! That's hysterical. You'd think they would've covered that in Cabbie school, "Oh, one more thing... Never. Ever. Under any circumstances say 'You talkin' to me?' "

Would yu believe that is a movie I have never seen? I got so sick of everybody walking around saying that line I just refused to go and see it.

But it's the last word in fashionable terminology.

Oh boy! I got a twofer on that one!

I had to read that a couple times before the nickel dropped. Good one! Now you can terminate that before it get's interminable.

I do know who he is. Of course the only difference between him and every other politician is he got caught. I think I learned about him from Leno, or somebody else in a similar line of work.

Rod was a joke allright, but I do think that 14 years was a ridiculously overkill sentance.

Two categories
1. somnambulists
1.5 Sargeant Hulka
2. IQ 83 morons

check

Terrorist! You could barge into the cockpit, split the Ativan in half, make the pilot and co-pilot take a half each, and take over the plane when they get fatigued! Oh you evil plotter, you!

You can't split this pill, it's the size of a period. You could put ten in your mouth and still not need any water.

No. You have to say, "And the lights went out, all the guards fell to the floor and she walked into my life. She was tall, lithe and an absolute knock out. She had a gun in one hand and my carry on in the other. In a sultry voice she said, "Thank God you're all right Steve. Did you bring the Ativan pill?"

panic.gif

So that's what those dogs are for!

I actually DID encounter a dog there,,,, next chapter.

Nebo. Bring Yummies next time.

You're welcome.

A body in motion tends to stay in motion. If you walk to a moving walkway and stop... then you have to get started again. By then, I just want to lie down. So I don't stop...

But I do stop on escalators. That's just weird.

Most people just "ride" the escalators, Smidgy hates them.

Escalators.

Not people.
Geesh!

Haven't you ever seen the one shoe on the highway? There are thousands of kids running around with only one shoe. It's a rule.
Great chapter, Nebo! :goodvibes

So, as you can tell, you had a much worse experience at the airport than I did in reality, but when you have to live with my mind, it can make even normal occurances terrifying.

Nice job,,, I knew you'd have fun with that chapter.

:thumbsup2 BRAVO to Ponzi, T_Man, and Laura for the sing-along! :mic:

Nebo, my husband has a page-long checklist of things to do before we leave on a trip, including turning off the water... AT THE METER IN THE YARD!! :rolleyes2

Of course, it really is a good idea, and we never have to worry about what might happen at home while we're gone. Except for tornadoes or trees smashing the house. :faint: Always something. Sheesh!

Let's try a different color. Will magenta show up?

Ok, bold magenta
And it's time to check the magic mirror again.
I see Dee Dee, I see Marita, and I see Lots of Laura,
So to speak.

Mayo-naise indeed Nebo! I have to say that "Officer and a Gentleman" is one of my favorite movies, not because of the romance angle, but that was pretty good, but because of the story of the transformation of Zack as a man.

I'm not sure how much of a man he still was after that kick he took from Lou Gosset Jr.!
Though I must confess I did daydream of Richard Gere saving me from the peach packing shed I worked at in middle school and high school. I think I mentioned my parents own and operate a produce farm...

You're saying you were a ,,,, (deep breath)
Pretty, pre-teen peach packing produce practishoner public pleaser?

..well as a youngster I helped grade peaches,

If the peaches failed, did they have ot repeat the grade?

sorting them by letting the good ones go to fill boxes to ship up North, throwing the bad ones onto a conveyor belt to dump in the peach pit. Anyway, the packing shed was HOT and the peaches were itchy so after watching OAAG I would occasionally wonder where in the heck Zack Mayo was at that moment. :sad2:

Yeah, he could have helped you scratch the itchy peaches.
I'm sorry,, that's a great story.

Great chapter Nebo! So glad you made it safely through with your precious stash!

To me, this wasn't enough to qualify as "stash" rating, or even Stanley.

I know I owe you a few more details on our trip. I'll catch you up on the deets tomorrow.

Wasn't deet outlawed?

No, not in this case, when you get a monthly supply, the apothecary won't refill it when it's too soon, it also won't clear through the insurance, whether he authorizes a refill or not. Besides, you doon't want to send up redflags with docs really trying to cut back on prescribing painkillers with every celebrity nowadays running to some place to check in for a month of painkiller detox. Brett Favre, Jamie Leigh Curtis, Mathew Perry, George Carlin, Rush Limbaugh, just to name a few.

Agreed! And I going to find a way to fit "horse hockey" into conversation.

Yeah, try it on Mr. Squid first.

It's not like she was waking you up to mow the lawn or something.

Yeah, I knew you'd take her side, just from one slug to the head....

I read this 4 times and the nickel still isn't dropping.

Ok, I'll see if I can help:
[COLOR="

[COLOR="blue"]I'm almost positive it was Cheech and Chong back in the seventies, on one of their early albums they did a comedy routine the briefly, went something like this:

(Bang, bang, bang on the door)
"Who is it?" (slurred speach)
"It's me, Dave"

"Who?"

"Me, Dave, open up, I got the stuff!" ( in a frantic hushed voice)

"Dave?"

"Yeah, it's me, open up."

"Dave's not here."

"No, no, I'm Dave, hurry up and open the door, I don't want to,,,,"

"Oh, Dave?"

"Yeah, yeah, right, now open the door. "

"Dave's not here."

That was basically the joke only longer.

Classic!

At least he didn't say "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."

Out of curiousity, do you ever have trouble with anything breaking or spilling?

No, neber happened, but we did find a note in Smidgy's suitcase once sitting on top of the gallon ziplock bag that held all the little bottles saying THIS suitcase was chosen for inspection.

He was in the national news quite a bit but was hilariously idiotic on the Celebrity Apprentice. I have to wonder how he was voted in.

Oh, tha's right, I forgot about that, and I have no stinkin idea how he got the votes.

Did you shake Blagojevich's hand too?

No,I wouldn't want him to touch me, besides, I'm sure I would have noticed later on my watch was missing.

You're right! That's exactly how it works. The drill masters are always the ones at the conveyor belt.

Right you are, and he was good.

They can smell fear you know.

that wasn't fear he was smelling....:rolleyes2

You are the master of the build-up Nebo.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that, I always wanted to be a drama queen back in high school, but they weren't invented yet back then. ;)

Toy Story!

Ok, now it's my turn to say the nickel didn't drop in. It's a great time to panic is from Toy Story?
Smidgy said I was channeling my inner Chandler from Friends, and I think she's right.

Yes. You ALWAYS should walk on the moving WALKways.

Great post Laura, thank you too much.

Aw Diane, I'm feeling for ya!! And I too have tried to "trick" my newly-empty bladder into thinking it can wait until morning. I HOPE your throat wasn't anything serious, and I HOPE you nodded off on the plane. If not....it's what I call "next-night-sleep-insurance." You'll be so exhausted, the following night is a GUARANTEED good night's sleep! (again, fingers crossed!!)

~~Dawn

I agree with you, even when we drive, 15 hours of driving has me so wired up that I just cannot sleep that night usually in Georgia. With more driving the next day and checking in,, it's the same thing but the second night in Disney I am out like the dead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter