CP Dinner Package Update thread - 8/20- THEY ARE AVAILALBE!

Originally posted by Kaycee
....I had thought that my 11 y/o would fall under the child's ressie, but CM said it was 3-9. I know that's true for park tickets but I thought for dining he'd still be considered a child until he turns 12. Does anyone know?

Kaycee

According to the info on WDWIG, last year the ages for children's dinner packages was 3 -11. I'd call back and check. It's hard to believe that they changed the ages for this. Everything else seems pretty much the same as last year to me, including the prices.

http://wdwig.com/h_cpfaq.htm

Thanks, Carol. I called back, and the first CM was wrong, my son should've been charged the child rate. Now get this...they couldn't change it for me, all CP changes have to go through WDW group dining. And WDW group dining was so busy the CM had to take my number and said they'd call me back. That's okay, I've got my ressies, I have 4 months to get the charges straightened out.

Like I said, thank goodness for the DC 800 line. I think I've paid for the card just today in long distance savings! ;)

Kaycee

I was told that child's dining prices were for under 12. Call back and get it fixed.

I had to call back and get mine fixed because although they have the PS time and place correct - I booked Marrakesh (Tier 2 pricing) - they charged me for Alfredo's which is Tier 3 pricing. So everyone double check your totals. Prices are plus 15% gratuity. My bill was $30+ less after the correction.

I got my ressies for Dec24 at Le Cellier this morning. My total charges to credit card included 6% tax. I was given 1 conf. # and told I could pick tickets up 7 days in advance at redort guest services or at Epcot.

I just got off the phone with Dining and was able to secure a ressie for Christmas Eve - 8:15 show with dinner at Le Cellier at 5:00. I am so excited - we've done the CP before but we've never been to the 'World' for Christmas and I just know seeing the CP on Christmas Eve will be so special.

Thanks to everyone for keeping all of us posted on the availibility, etc.

Good luck to all!!!

Thanks everyone for your help! Just got off the phone with Disney (again!) and they fixed it so that my 11 y/o now has a child ressie.

Kaycee

Got my ressies for Dec. 2nd at 8:15, with a 5:30 PS at Alfredo's. I only got 1 conf. #. CM couldn't find anything about 15% discount.

Gosh, what a SLOW process! I must have been on the phone with her for atleast 20 mins. She kept putting me on hold. I couldn't tell if she was new or if it was the computers.

Anyhow, it's done. Now, we just wait for the narrators. The 1st CM told me that the list usually doesn't come out unitl October or November? Is this true???

yay. i got mine this morning. 5:30 dinner at Teppanyaki. 8:15 CP show. for 6 people. only got one confirmation number though. was charged the full amount plus 6% on my credit card. hope we only need that one confirm #!!!

Just made my call to Disney Dining. The prices quoted: $26.99/$32.99/$39.99 - are before the 6% tax is added, but you will be charged the full amount when you make your PS. I specifically asked about free parking and merchandise discount, and the CM had to look for that info. He confirmed that those are included this year. :D I was given ONE confirmation number, so I asked about a number for the show and one for dinner. He said their computers show 2 numbers - but they are supposed to give out only one number so as not to confuse the person who issues the badges!

Okay, according to my calculations a 32.99 dinner with the 15% gratuity is supposed to be a total of 37.94 per person. 10.99 child's dinneri s supposed to be 12.64. With 4 adults and 2 children, I should have been charged 177.03. I was charged 160 something. I wonder if they did charge me the tax and not the gratuity now? Weird. $163.18 is what they charged me and that's with the 6% tax NOT the gratuity. I think someone messed up the software program on this one.

The gratuity is included in the price of $32.99, and has been in previous years, also. The tax of 6% is added to that.

Zulaya,

I was charged $138.99 the first time for 4 adults, and $116.56 the second time for 3 adults and 1 child. When I calculated this, it was the ticket price plus 6% tax, no 15% gratuity. I'm just wondering what exactly is going to show up on my credit card bill!:confused:

Kaycee

I don't know why Disney Dining doesn't just quote the all-inclusive price!

Hi! Thanks everyone for posting. I was able to secure the CP at 8:15 and dinner at Chef de France at 5:00pm. CM was going to give me the 5:50 PS but I asked for the earliest. Wanted earlier dinner so we do not have to rush through it. It sounded like they are not fully booked at Chef's yet.

I was given 2 confirmations numbers. There will be free parking and 15% discount. We can pick up tickets/badges 7 days in advance in Epcot Guest Relations.

I see one person did this but that's all. I thought the 6:45 show (or whatever it is, I'm all flustered now) and then dinner after would be nice. Any opinions?

I was told the prices quoted include 15% gratuity but no taxes.
Taxes is added on and is included in the final total charged to your credit card.

For us, our final total was $108.

For 2 adults and 2 children, our bill came out to be
$39.99 + $39.99 + $10.99 + $10.99 = 101.96.
Add 6% tax = $108 and this is the total price that will be
charged to my credit card.

Montessori - I just reserved the 6:45 show with dinner at Marrakesh at 8:00. Last year we ate first, then went to the last show. All I care about this year is that it is DARK when the show starts, and it will be for the 6:45 show.

The advantage to eating afterwards is that you won't be rushed. I read accounts from last year of people practically gulping their food to make it to the show on time.

Nancy,
I'm glad to hear you feel that way. I feel the same. I just called and got the 6:45 show and 8:00 at Le Cellier, Christmas Day. They act like there is not really enough time to get over to Canada by 8:00 but I think there is.
I think it's discouraging that everyone is getting a different story from the CM's. For me it was...8:00 reservations at Le Cellier. What tier is that? The TOTAL price, including tax and tip was $39.99 per person. I asked if she was positive that was the total and she said yes.
I got one confirmation number.
I don't like all this scurrying about to get a reservation! If I didn't have other people to worry about, my husband and I would just wing it. Next year.
Is there an official site explaining what the deal is supposed to be with this package?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest