CP Dinner Package Update thread - 8/20- THEY ARE AVAILALBE!

Just FYI, just becasue you make the Ps for after the show, doesn't mean you can get there in time nor does it mean you get seated. In 2000, we did the 5pm show and had 6:30 PS for Le Cellier. We made it to the check in stand at 6:25. It is a long walk around the showcase from where the CP is and the crowds are what make it difficult. We also had to wait over 30 minutes to even get seated! So just don't think it's going to be a walk in the park becasue you are eating after.

Thanks for the warning.
shrug03.gif

The fact that you often have to wait for your PS time is why I think eating AFTER the show is a good idea. Le Cellier is Tier 3 - $39.99 plus 6% tax. You'll probably get charged the correct amount on your credit card bill!

THANK YOU--THANK YOU to everyone who kept updating this thread!! I got our "ressies" at LeCellier for 4:40pm on Christmas Eve with seating for the 8:15 show. I was told that the $39.99 price included the gratuity and that tax would then be added on for the credit card. Like most of you, I only received one reservation number. I was also told we could pick up the tickets 7 days in advance at our resort. There was no mention of the 15% discount and I forgot to ask.

My goodness Disney is certainly making this as complicated as possible, or maybe I'm just really dense! I understand this is the first day for making reservations, but you can't wait for them to work the kinks out, they'll be booked up. I have reservations for 3 adults so let me see if I have this right yet. When the CM quoted me $39.99 per person that was including the tip and not including the tax, correct? Then when she quoted me $127.17 as a total to be charged to my card, she was including the tax? I hope that's right, it'll be less than I thought. I thought the tax was going to be added on to the $127.17, but when I actually did the math it didn't add up. I was given 2 numbers. One number during the first call when the CM didn't think she was supposed to actually assign me a dining time and a 2nd number when I called back to straighten it out. It's reasonable to assume that ordinarily you would only be given one number but perhaps because of the mess up I was just given both.

I just made my package ressie for Marrakesh at 5:30 on December 13th, for the show at 8:15pm. I was also given just one confirmation number. In another example of CM's telling different people, different things, I was told the price included both gratuity and tax. In addition, she told me that it included a 15% discount on merchandise that day. Oh well, guess we will just have to wait and see.

Good luck to everyone getting the times they would like! :)

--Jim

Just an FYI, when I figured out my total it includes the price plus 6% tax. No gratuity was added.

Got my ressie this am at 7am! Christmas Eve, 5:10 dinner, LeCellier and 8:15 show. Looks like there will be lots of us eating at LeCellier at the same time. We should wear our green ribbons! My cm was great; has been doing this for 15 years. She told me that yes, 15% off merch., need Epcot admission, even after 4, gave me two confirmation numbers, asked which place I wanted to pick up my ticket, hotel or entrance, re-checked her computer to make sure she hadn't missed anything, then after we hung up she called back to verify my cc again. She also said that they had NO narrators lined up yet. That's ok, I am sure we will enjoy whomever. (PS, her name was Lynn)

Carol

If I were you, I would call CRO back and have them double check your ressie. Here is what just happenend to me: As I was quite excited regarding going to Disney for the first time in December, I really didn't pay close attention to the total CRO gave me for my CP package. Once I started trying to figure if gratuity and taxes were indeed included, it just wasn't adding up. I called CRO back, and they brought up my reservation for Alfredo's, when I had originally booked Marrakesh!!! The CM apologized, and said she knows what happenend. Without getting too technical, the CM has to book your restaurant choice on two screens, well the CM told me that many have been accidentally booking them on only one screen, and the other screen gets left untouched, which just so happens to always default to Alfredo's.

Bottom line, check the math, and if it isn't adding up, call them and double check your reservation!!

Hope no one else has this problem.

--Jim

My figures also do not include gratuity....we will be adding that separately. Let's make sure the waitstaff is compensated for their work.:D

We got PS for 5:10 at Chefs de France for the 6:45 show on 12/12. Will this give us enough time to eat and make the show? I was told that 5:10 was the first seating for the evening, and my kids would not make it through a late dinner. DD 1.5years would be just too tired.

I would want more time to enjoy the meal, especially in case the retaurant is running a bit behind, which often happens at CP time.

As was recommended on the boards I called back to double check everything. All my PS's were correct. I double checked the prices for everything and this is what I was told. The price you are quoted per person(i.e. Tier 3 = $39.99/person) includes all food and gratuity. The grand total that is charged to your Credit Card when you book includes food, gratuity and tax. When you go to the restaurant you will only have to pay for beverages.:p

Originally posted by shelly3girls
We got PS for 5:10 at Chefs de France for the 6:45 show on 12/12. Will this give us enough time to eat and make the show? I was told that 5:10 was the first seating for the evening, and my kids would not make it through a late dinner. DD 1.5years would be just too tired.

I think you will be fine. Since 5:10 is the first seating, the restaurant shouldn't be "running behind". I usually allow about an hour for dinner. Even if it takes 75 miinutes, you'll still have time to walk over to the theater. You won't have time to dawdle along the way, though! I'd recommend you try to get to the theater by 6:30 if you can. They usually start letting in the standby guests about 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the show.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated every day. We only have one chance to see the show on 11/29 and I got the 5:00 pm show with 6:40 seating at Le Cellier.:D

I just called to double check about the gratuity being included and was told that tax was included but not gratuity. This doesn't sound right. I am glad I did confirm my reservation because they had dinner at 6:00 instead of 6:40 after the 5:00 show but she quickly corrected this.

I called this morning. We are going to eat at Le Cellier at 5 and see the show at 8:15 on Dec. 9. The CM did give me two numbers - one for dinner and one for the show. This is our first time to go during the Christmas season! Yipee!!:Pinkbounc

I think I will call just to confirm everything in the morning:) Ami

Is this a little scary or what? :eek:

Sound like so many people have had problems. I've already made 2 calls today and it looks like I'll be making a 3rd just to make sure everything is the way I expect it to be. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign!

nisiemouse,

I see you're in Lexington. I'm in Lexington too!

Kaycee

Jiminy Christmas...I just spent an hour on the phone trying to make the CP ressie. :rolleyes: After 30 minutes with the first cm, I think she gave up and hung up on me. She knew NOTHING. She tried to tell me the ressies could not be booked yet, she told me wrong info about the restaurants, she couldn't answer ANY question without putting me on hold for several minutes. I called back and got a more personable CM the 2nd time, but not much more help. I got the ressies but gee whiz wasn't there a memo on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter