CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never been to CSR, we have a 7:05 CP Breakfast at MK. Please advise what time and which stop we should be at for make that ressie.

What is the current cost of the refillable mugs (I'm on the DDP -- not deluxe) for three days. I've contemplated moving up to DxDDP -- but I'm having a problem spending that extra money. Where are the refill stations at CSR?

I'm also thinking about ordering a case of water, soda and power drinks -- probably won't need to spend over $50. Which delivery grocery service should we use?

Thank you!

There are buses for the early morning ADRs - the buses go to each stop and pick up - look for "Magic Kindom character breakfast" or something to that affect on the bus. Ask the driver and he may drop you directly at CM if the bus it not too full. Otherwise, get off at the MK stop and you can walk over to CM, it's less than 10 minute walk. I cannot remember exactly how early they begin running the buses, but fairly certain you should be all set. Double check with the front desk when you get to CSR. You should plan to be at the bus stop at 6:30 at the latest - that is my recommendation.
Sorry I don't know about the refillable mugs.

We will be booking 3 rooms at this resort as part of a grand gathering. We would like the cabanas section i think to be close to the pool mostly and somewhat close to the dining. What is the likelihood of getting this section for a large group? (going in December). Will requesting waterview increase our chances of this or does it not matter? Id rahter not spend the extra for the waterview if we can avoid it.

We will be booking 3 rooms at this resort as part of a grand gathering. We would like the cabanas section i think to be close to the pool mostly and somewhat close to the dining. What is the likelihood of getting this section for a large group? (going in December). Will requesting waterview increase our chances of this or does it not matter? Id rahter not spend the extra for the waterview if we can avoid it.

When we checked in for our grand gathering we requested 6 rooms in Cabanas area (this was also noted on our original reservation). The check in desk was great and ensured we were close together. I'm sure it all depends on how busy it is during the time of year that you go, but hopefully they will also do the same for your group.

We are doing 3 days at WDW in August 2009 prior to a 7 Day Disney cruise. We plan to spend some down time at the resort just relaxing. We will have a 4 year old DD. This resort looks perfect! I have a couple questions:
Will a 4 year old do okay on the water slide?
Can you get a king with a roll away?
It sounds like room renovations will be just getting ready to wrap up when we are there at the end of August 2009, when I book can I request a renovated room? Anyone booked for next year yet and done that? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

We are doing 3 days at WDW in August 2009 prior to a 7 Day Disney cruise. We plan to spend some down time at the resort just relaxing. We will have a 4 year old DD. This resort looks perfect! I have a couple questions:
It sounds like room renovations will be just getting ready to wrap up when we are there at the end of August 2009, when I book can I request a renovated room? Anyone booked for next year yet and done that? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Your 4-yr-old should be OK on the water slide, if she's a good swimmer. The water is about 4' deep there, I think. Ideally, one of you would wait at the bottom for her.

You can't get a king and a rollaway. They are very strict on the 2-person limit in the king rooms.

From what I've read, there is no clear indication of where they will start the renovations and how they will proceed. I would not request that right off. Maybe a few weeks ahead of your trip, call and have that added. By then, we should know how the renovations are going.

Have a good trip!

We've never been to CSR, we have a 7:05 CP Breakfast at MK. Please advise what time and which stop we should be at for make that ressie.

What is the current cost of the refillable mugs (I'm on the DDP -- not deluxe) for three days. I've contemplated moving up to DxDDP -- but I'm having a problem spending that extra money. Where are the refill stations at CSR?

I'm also thinking about ordering a case of water, soda and power drinks -- probably won't need to spend over $50. Which delivery grocery service should we use?

Thank you!

The mugs are around $14, I think. They can be refilled at Pepper Market, at a counter-service window near the PM entrance, at Rix and at the pool bar.

We drive so we bring snacks and drinks from home, but I've heard other DIS-ers use gardengrocer.com and wegoshop.com.

Thanks!

Your 4 year old can wear a life vest on the slide if she's not a good swimmer, so that should make both she and you feel much more comfortable.:thumbsup2

refillable mugs - $11.95 plus tax

The convention schedule in post #2 is not a complete listing of all conventions, just ones that I could find on the web or others sent to me.

Leaving for Airport in 10min.!!!:cool1: :cheer2: :banana: Just wanted to say thanks for all of the tips and advice! We will check in when we get back!!:thumbsup2

Thanks, Buzz. CSR just gets better and better! I'm booking our trip for 9/21-27/08 this morning. Can't wait! :yay:

We just got in last night after a week stay at CSR and all I can say is that it was even better than I expected from start to finish. Check-in took minutes and the CM was so friendly and gave the kids all sorts of fun pins and stickers. I requested connecting standard view rooms in Casitas and was sure that we would have a view of the parking lot. But instead we received connecting rooms with a beautiful view of a courtyard. The room was spotless and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The mousecleaning left us towel animals all week along with setting up the kids stuffed animals in all different ways, the kids loved it.

The pool was great, the slide was open and we all had fun on it. Just an FYI if you have little kids, you can bring your room key to the marina and they will give you a life vest to use for the entire stay. It was great because my 3 yr. old was able to go down the water slide and we didn't have to catch her at the bottom, which made her feel so grown up. Our four kids loved the pool! I enjoyed meeting Francisco at the the pool bar and really enjoyed my lime/strawberry margarita at the pool!

We also loved the Pepper Market, I was a bit nervous because of the mixed reviews, but it was great! The food was excellent and an amazing value on the dining plan. We especially loved the Mexican section, the fajitas and quesadillas were so good!

There were conventions going on while we there, but they in no way interfered with us. They were busy during the day and left the buses fairly empty. The only time we were on a packed bus was on the way home from MK. We stayed for Wishes and as expected there was a long line for the buses, but that was the same for every resort. I also liked staying at the Casitas because you are the first stop to be picked up and we always had a seat on the way to the parks and were the first to get off the bus coming home.

What can I say, but thank you for all the advice on information that you all shared on CSR. CSR was not my original choice, we wanted to stay at POFQ but we were able to get a good deal by staying at CSR and not at POFQ so we decided to stay at CSR and we couldn't be happier. CSR will for now on be our resort choice, it was perfect in every way! I am already starting to plan our next trip to CSR!:dance3:

We just got in last night after a week stay at CSR and all I can say is that it was even better than I expected from start to finish. Check-in took minutes and the CM was so friendly and gave the kids all sorts of fun pins and stickers. I requested connecting standard view rooms in Casitas and was sure that we would have a view of the parking lot. But instead we received connecting rooms with a beautiful view of a courtyard. The room was spotless and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The mousecleaning left us towel animals all week along with setting up the kids stuffed animals in all different ways, the kids loved it.

The pool was great, the slide was open and we all had fun on it. Just an FYI if you have little kids, you can bring your room key to the marina and they will give you a life vest to use for the entire stay. It was great because my 3 yr. old was able to go down the water slide and we didn't have to catch her at the bottom, which made her feel so grown up. Our four kids loved the pool! I enjoyed meeting Francisco at the the pool bar and really enjoyed my lime/strawberry margarita at the pool!

We also loved the Pepper Market, I was a bit nervous because of the mixed reviews, but it was great! The food was excellent and an amazing value on the dining plan. We especially loved the Mexican section, the fajitas and quesadillas were so good!

There were conventions going on while we there, but they in no way interfered with us. They were busy during the day and left the buses fairly empty. The only time we were on a packed bus was on the way home from MK. We stayed for Wishes and as expected there was a long line for the buses, but that was the same for every resort. I also liked staying at the Casitas because you are the first stop to be picked up and we always had a seat on the way to the parks and were the first to get off the bus coming home.

What can I say, but thank you for all the advice on information that you all shared on CSR. CSR was not my original choice, we wanted to stay at POFQ but we were able to get a good deal by staying at CSR and not at POFQ so we decided to stay at CSR and we couldn't be happier. CSR will for now on be our resort choice, it was perfect in every way! I am already starting to plan our next trip to CSR!:dance3:

Welcome home! I am so glad you enjoyed my fav resort--CSR! We can't wait to be there in four months for our anniversary trip. I am so glad your kids loved the pool, and that you liked the Casitas--it is our favorite section and the one we always ask for (and get!).

UShistoryteacher: Which Casistas building were you in? How was the walk to Pepper Market and the main pool?? And I love that you loved the resort!

T-MINUS 4 DAYS TO CSR! I'm super excited and now after reading the review above I'm even more excited. Can't wait to get there and check out what seems to the best resort there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter