CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO ALL… JUST BACK FROM CSR!!!

We had the most wonderful week at CSR!!!! It was absolutely perfect!!!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very nice CM and given a room in Cabana 8B… just what I asked for! It was a water view, even though I did not request one! It was on the second floor just steps from the quiet pool and laundry building. I was a bit concerned when I realized it was a corner room, close to the elevator so I worried it would be noisy and I am a very light sleeper! But I am very happy to report that the rooms are very sound proof and I did not have a problem sleeping at all! I was very, very happy with the room condition and the location of the room! No mold or dirt in sight! Also, the beds were extremely cozy and comfortable!

Our mousekeeper, Maryann was excellent! She left us two towel animals and arranged our "Disney loot" in different ways in the front window each day! It was fun to come back each evening to a "surprise"! Also, she was extremely efficient in keeping our room clean and comfortable! She gets an A+ in my book!

Our room was very easily assessable to BUS STOP #4 and I must admit the bus system at CSR was top notch! At the parks the CSR bus stops were very close to being the first ones closest to the park entrances, which was a definite switch from out last trip to POP as the POP bus stops at the parks were the furthest away from the park entrances!

The whole CSR resort was beautiful. We really enjoyed walking around and just enjoying the atmosphere. The Dig Site was just a short walk from our room AND THE SLIDE WAS OPEN!!! What a nice surprise! The hot tub was wonderful in the evening! I REALLY ENJOYED IT!!!!

We ate at the Pepper Market three times throughout out the week and the food was very good. I must admit though that it was a bit difficult to get our meals coordinated as there are different stations and since my son and my taste in food is COMPLETELY different… he was able to get his food much faster, sit down and completely finish his meal before I even got my "made in front of me food" and sat down to eat. The only time we actually ate together was when we got the food "to go" and he had no choice but to wait until we both got our food and I paid for everything and then we went outside to eat it together! We had breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill on our last full day (Friday) and it was very good. Lots of food to pick from!

To sum it up…...WE LOVED CSR AND WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN!

Thanks to Buzz and everyone else who helped us plan for our first trip to CSR!!!
Welcome back!! Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

HELLO ALL… JUST BACK FROM CSR!!!

We had the most wonderful week at CSR!!!! It was absolutely perfect!!!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very nice CM and given a room in Cabana 8B… just what I asked for! It was a water view, even though I did not request one! It was on the second floor just steps from the quiet pool and laundry building. I was a bit concerned when I realized it was a corner room, close to the elevator so I worried it would be noisy and I am a very light sleeper! But I am very happy to report that the rooms are very sound proof and I did not have a problem sleeping at all! I was very, very happy with the room condition and the location of the room! No mold or dirt in sight! Also, the beds were extremely cozy and comfortable!

Our mousekeeper, Maryann was excellent! She left us two towel animals and arranged our "Disney loot" in different ways in the front window each day! It was fun to come back each evening to a "surprise"! Also, she was extremely efficient in keeping our room clean and comfortable! She gets an A+ in my book!

Our room was very easily assessable to BUS STOP #4 and I must admit the bus system at CSR was top notch! At the parks the CSR bus stops were very close to being the first ones closest to the park entrances, which was a definite switch from out last trip to POP as the POP bus stops at the parks were the furthest away from the park entrances!

The whole CSR resort was beautiful. We really enjoyed walking around and just enjoying the atmosphere. The Dig Site was just a short walk from our room AND THE SLIDE WAS OPEN!!! What a nice surprise! The hot tub was wonderful in the evening! I REALLY ENJOYED IT!!!!

We ate at the Pepper Market three times throughout out the week and the food was very good. I must admit though that it was a bit difficult to get our meals coordinated as there are different stations and since my son and my taste in food is COMPLETELY different… he was able to get his food much faster, sit down and completely finish his meal before I even got my "made in front of me food" and sat down to eat. The only time we actually ate together was when we got the food "to go" and he had no choice but to wait until we both got our food and I paid for everything and then we went outside to eat it together! We had breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill on our last full day (Friday) and it was very good. Lots of food to pick from!

To sum it up…...WE LOVED CSR AND WILL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN!

Thanks to Buzz and everyone else who helped us plan for our first trip to CSR!!!

Glad you had such a great time. Can't wait to be there in December!!:woohoo: :banana:

Well by the time I wake up in the morning we will be at 18 days until our wonderful trip to WDW and our stay at CSR. I wanted to thank everyone that has given us information about CSR, especially Buzz. We were originally going to stay at CBR, but with the pool being closed decided to stay at CSR. I'm really happy we did.

I also wanted to say I know I have not been on the boards very much lately. That's because I had time off from Jan. to March recovering from foot surgery (long story). Good news is I'm almost back to 100% and will be in great shape for our trip.

Anyway, I went back to work at the start of April and with work (retail :sad1: ), school (yes I'm also a full-time student), and planning for the trip I've been a little busy. Work is work and school is at a little over 2 weeks until we are done. Then off to WDW and CSR, so things are a little crazy and will be for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, it will make time go fast until we leave. If all goes well I may even be coming home to a new job!:banana:

So thanks again to everyone that has helped us plan a great vacation and anniversary trip. From faxing room requests to GardenGrocer to room suggestions to everything else you've all been great. We can't wait to go!

Glad you are up & feeling better. Good luck with the rest of school. I am assuming that you are graduating - is this correct?

Have a wonderful time at WDW - you deserve it! :banana:

Well by the time I wake up in the morning we will be at 18 days until our wonderful trip to WDW and our stay at CSR. I wanted to thank everyone that has given us information about CSR, especially Buzz. We were originally going to stay at CBR, but with the pool being closed decided to stay at CSR. I'm really happy we did.

I also wanted to say I know I have not been on the boards very much lately. That's because I had time off from Jan. to March recovering from foot surgery (long story). Good news is I'm almost back to 100% and will be in great shape for our trip.

Anyway, I went back to work at the start of April and with work (retail :sad1: ), school (yes I'm also a full-time student), and planning for the trip I've been a little busy. Work is work and school is at a little over 2 weeks until we are done. Then off to WDW and CSR, so things are a little crazy and will be for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, it will make time go fast until we leave. If all goes well I may even be coming home to a new job!:banana:

So thanks again to everyone that has helped us plan a great vacation and anniversary trip. From faxing room requests to GardenGrocer to room suggestions to everything else you've all been great. We can't wait to go!

Glad to hear that you will be close to 100% for your trip. And good luck with school and have a wonderful, magical visit to Disney and our favorite resort.

Awesome! We are 19 days away from our FIRST trip to WDW and staying at CSR. We will be there May 17 - 23. Myself, DW, DS11, DD8. We can hardly wait!

I'm glad your foot situation is better! We have been walking every afternoon between 4 and 5 miles in an attempt to get is "Disney shape."

Is the Cabana section "water view"
We will be staying at CSR for the first time and I am looking at the map ...
We did not make any requests but I have to call this evening about magical express so I would like to know if/should I request a certian section.
We love the CBR but I want my DH to love this place too ... it looks FUN.
We have two kids so we want to be close to the main pool and the bus stop ...
Suggetions ????
Thanks

We just returned from a 7 day stay at CSR. This was our first visit as well. Me, DH and DS 5 yrs old and DD 4 yrs old. We requested a building closest to the front of the resort (Cabanas) and ended up in the furthest building (Ranchos, 6A). It worked out because the Bus Stop was right behind our building so the walk wasn't bad. The walk to the Dig Site (main pool) was a short walk as well. The biggest walk was to the main area where the food, gift shop etc are.. The walk thru the resort was beautiful but it was a hike to the main area. Cabanas would be the ideal location in my eyes but with any moderate resort, you can request what you want but you may not get it, as in our case. We complained for a day but then adjusted to our location so it wasn't bad at all. I like to refill my mugs late at night when we got back and we got the kids settled and I would have to hike down to the main area for that which was a pain but overall, I was happy with the Ranchos area. The resort is just so beautiful.

We just returned from a 7 day stay at CSR. This was our first visit as well. Me, DH and DS 5 yrs old and DD 4 yrs old. We requested a building closest to the front of the resort (Cabanas) and ended up in the furthest building (Ranchos, 6A). It worked out because the Bus Stop was right behind our building so the walk wasn't bad. The walk to the Dig Site (main pool) was a short walk as well. The biggest walk was to the main area where the food, gift shop etc are.. The walk thru the resort was beautiful but it was a hike to the main area. Cabanas would be the ideal location in my eyes but with any moderate resort, you can request what you want but you may not get it, as in our case. We complained for a day but then adjusted to our location so it wasn't bad at all. I like to refill my mugs late at night when we got back and we got the kids settled and I would have to hike down to the main area for that which was a pain but overall, I was happy with the Ranchos area. The resort is just so beautiful.

Did you fax a request in as well? Did you arrive early or late in the day? We are going to be there in 16 days and have requested Cabana 9B. We also have our fax ready to send to them 4 days before we leave. I don't mind if we don't get the exact building, but I do not want to be in the Ranchos. After a day in the parks walking and having just healed from surgery in January (which we also put in the fax) and it being our 5th wedding anniversary trip (again, also in the fax), I hope they can get us in the Cabanas. Casitas is fine too, if they can't get us in Cabanas. I really don't want Ranchos though, and I'm not crazy about the landscaping I've seen in pictures from the Ranchos area. Don't get me wrong its nice, but the other sections have more of the feel we like.

Glad you made the best of it and if we had to, we would too. Were just hopeing for a little extra Disney Magic since it's our anniversary!

Can you provide the appropriate fax to request a particular building at CSR? I too do not wish to be placed in Rancheros./

Thank you,
m

Here's a question for all you booking experts --

I plan to book a room at CSR for Jan. 8-14, 2009, aka marathon weekend.

I had a room booked at POFQ for the same time last year, and then the AAA rates came out. I called to alter my reservation to take advantage of the rates, and was told that POFQ didn't have rooms, but I could move to POR. I did, 'cause it was a significant savings.

Does anyone know if CSR generally has AAA rate rooms? I know I can always decide to pay the standard rate, I'd just like to know if I should budget that or a lower amount.

TIA!
Maria

Bronte,
We just returned from our stay (4/16-19) and requested 9B Cabanas and got them. We did have a "water view" even though that wasn't in our request. The waterview we had at 9B is located at the back side of those Cabanas. That location worked out well for us (2 adults, twin 5 yr olds) because it was a very short distance (just over the bridge walkway) to the bus, and a very short distance to the Cabanas Village Pool, and a pretty short walk to the larger feature pool that has a slide. It was also a short distance (again just over the walkway bridge and to the right) to the front desk and restaurants.

When we have a chance to return to CSR, I would happily request that building again.

Here's a question for all you booking experts --

I plan to book a room at CSR for Jan. 8-14, 2009, aka marathon weekend.

I had a room booked at POFQ for the same time last year, and then the AAA rates came out. I called to alter my reservation to take advantage of the rates, and was told that POFQ didn't have rooms, but I could move to POR. I did, 'cause it was a significant savings.

Does anyone know if CSR generally has AAA rate rooms? I know I can always decide to pay the standard rate, I'd just like to know if I should budget that or a lower amount.

TIA!
Maria
I use the AAA discount all the time. I just booked two rooms in February 08 with it.

Is the Cabana section "water view"
We will be staying at CSR for the first time and I am looking at the map ...
We did not make any requests but I have to call this evening about magical express so I would like to know if/should I request a certian section.
We love the CBR but I want my DH to love this place too ... it looks FUN.
We have two kids so we want to be close to the main pool and the bus stop ...
Suggetions ????
Thanks
Not all cabana rooms are waterview rooms and like PP stated, sometimes ou can get lucky and get a waterview room even though you booked a standard.

I use the AAA discount all the time. I just booked two rooms in February 08 with it.

Yea, Buzz!

I am really looking forward to staying at CSR. It was my first choice last year, but I couldn't get a booking. After seeing your website, even dh aka the Grinch is looking forward to this beautiful resort!

Thanks for all the work you do to promote CSR, I think it is going to be a "magic-added" trip because of the lovely accomodations :lovestruc

Maria

Not all cabana rooms are waterview rooms and like PP stated, sometimes ou can get lucky and get a waterview room even though you booked a standard.

We booked a King bed, standard room and I'd be okay with that, after all we don't plan to be in our room very often. If they wanted to "upgrade" us to a King bed with a waterview for our anniversary, that would be awesome!

Just want to subscribe to this thread. Thanks to all for the great info. :)

I've read through nearly all of the 36 pages but I think my brain has stopped working as I'm confused about the room locations. (Yes I know they've been done to death on this thread :guilty: )
But I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me................................
Which location is best for - restaraunts and dig site pool. Bus stop does not matter as we'll have a rental car. Sorry I know this must have been asked before. :guilty:

Oh yea. Do you think we'd need to make ADR's for Maya Grill lunch or dinner?

My DS (8) and I are going July 7th - 20th and are soooo excited. :)

Just want to subscribe to this thread. Thanks to all for the great info. :)

I've read through nearly all of the 36 pages but I think my brain has stopped working as I'm confused about the room locations. (Yes I know they've been done to death on this thread :guilty: )
But I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me................................
Which location is best for - restaraunts and dig site pool. Bus stop does not matter as we'll have a rental car. Sorry I know this must have been asked before. :guilty:

Oh yea. Do you think we'd need to make ADR's for Maya Grill lunch or dinner?

My DS (8) and I are going July 7th - 20th and are soooo excited. :)

The Maya Grill is not open for lunch...only breakfast and dinner. I do not think you would need an ADR for dinner, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt...just in case there is a convention going on while you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter