Confirmed- Lights Cars Action Closing

~See this is my point. We don't know if Star Wars land will be an automatic "success." Are the lines wrapped around the corner for Star Tours??? I think not. I've been going to Disney for a long time and I have never seen a line for Star Tours -- not ever. And, it's one of my favorite rides @ DHS. There are so many other variables to take into consideration, mainly the budget and the quality of the attractions. Just because it's "Star Wars" doesn't lead me to assume it will be an instant hit with the masses.

I thought I read that the star wars ride can take stupid numbers of people. Would that help keep lines short?

I thought I read that the star wars ride can take stupid numbers of people. Would that help keep lines short?

Yes, it can handle a fair number of people and I have stood in line for a LONG time. It is my favorite ride.

And Star Wars will be almost automatically successful. The fan base is huge and covers all age ranges, including my son and I.

I think people can easily tell the difference between the confirmation given by a few CM's and the confirmation given by an official Disney press conference. It is all symantics.

Not in a thread title.

Yes...Star Tours can handle a lot of people, and they can vary the capacity by reducing the number of simulators in use.

Even during Star Wars Weekends, the lines were manageable even when it actually reached outside and around the Endor set, when they had all six simulators running.

I can see that being a one & done attraction, but then again I could see that with most of DHS :rotfl:

I do think some folks have made interesting points about Avatar. Though a really great visual film, it doesn't have a cult-like following the way Star Wars does. It too is a one & done for most people. So, will be interesting to see the response.

The *movie* Avatar might be a "one and done" for many people, but the *attractions* will likely be something else entirely. My kids have never seen Song of the South but you can bet we're gonna ride Splash over and over again.

I'm starting to think we really need a sticky thread here to warn posters...anything coming from general cast members, bus drivers, etc. are treated as rumors until confirmed by statements or press releases from the executives, and posts should not state they are confirmed unless backed by those sources.

Do we really need that level of disclaimers on a board entitled "Disney Rumors and News?" I mean, let's get right down to brass tacks, nothing is "official" until someone cuts a ribbon and walks through the gate on opening day.

Looks like a respectable regular press source - not a blog (?) - is putting his byline on a story stating that SW/Cars lands are real and going to happen. Until we start seeing LMA and or Backlot bulldozed (and not a moment too soon), that's as close to "official" as we're going to get unless and until Iger himself has a press conference. And even that isn't lead-pipe-cinch until - guess what - someone cuts the ribbon and walk through the gate on opening day.

The semantics wars on a rumor board and what's a rumor is, as Spock might say, "Fascinating."

Do we really need that level of disclaimers on a board entitled "Disney Rumors and News?" I mean, let's get right down to brass tacks, nothing is "official" until someone cuts a ribbon and walks through the gate on opening day.

Looks like a respectable regular press source - not a blog (?) - is putting his byline on a story stating that SW/Cars lands are real and going to happen. Until we start seeing LMA and or Backlot bulldozed (and not a moment too soon), that's as close to "official" as we're going to get unless and until Iger himself has a press conference. And even that isn't lead-pipe-cinch until - guess what - someone cuts the ribbon and walk through the gate on opening day.

The semantics wars on a rumor board and what's a rumor is, as Spock might say, "Fascinating."

Apparently around here, we do. Because a lot of people are going to these "official" and "confirmed" threads and only finding rumors.

Or, we need to separate news and rumors into separate forums. But then we'd still have to teach which is which.

Apparently around here, we do. Because a lot of people are going to these "official" and "confirmed" threads and only finding rumors.

Or, we need to separate news and rumors into separate forums. But then we'd still have to teach which is which.

And isn't it the responsibility of the reader to lend proper credence to ANY information, regardless of post title, to a board specifically chartered to hold "rumors?" I mean, isn't the ultimate essence of the Internet to be a source for the perpetuation of rumors, hence the existence of a place like snopes.com?

I guess my point is that the Internet, in and of itself, isn't authoritative. More disclaimers to that effect won't help the folks who can't already make that distinction. Besides, if you create a truly "news only" board, it will have to be a moderated board with only reposts from "official" news sources.

The point is this is an Internet message forum posted to hold "Rumors." A message saying "Hey, stuff here may be rumors" is the essence of redundancy. No one should be taking anything from an Internet message board to the bank, excepting for a link to a legitimate news source, or at a minimum some reputable 'net bloggers who put their name/reputation behind what they post.

The point is this is an Internet message forum posted to hold "Rumors." A message saying "Hey, stuff here may be rumors" is the essence of redundancy. No one should be taking anything from an Internet message board to the bank, excepting for a link to a legitimate news source, or at a minimum some reputable 'net bloggers who put their name/reputation behind what they post.

But it is also purported to hold "News" as well.

But it is also purported to hold "News" as well.

And that is where you read it and determine whether it is news or rumor by whatever criteria you choose.
:surfweb:
Of course it could be news about rumors, or maybe rumors about news. I guess it could be rumors about rumors or news about news, too. Maybe even rumors about news about rumors, or...:duck::badpc:
:lmao::cool1:

lockedoutlogic said:
That is NOT how Disney runs their ship. Key difference.

Is there a press release that confirms that that is not how Disney runs their ship? Who is to say how Disney runs their ship let alone they might run it one way but who is to say there aren't employees who blab anyway whether it be on purpose or by accident.

Is there a press release that confirms that that is not how Disney runs their ship? Who is to say how Disney runs their ship let alone they might run it one way but who is to say there aren't employees who blab anyway whether it be on purpose or by accident.

Observation has shown over the years that Disney remains secretive at the high levels about new expansions. Front line cast members, historically, don't find out until minutes before we the public do about any changes (unless its something being implemented right away that they need to be trained on).

SuperDan523 said:
Observation has shown over the years that Disney remains secretive at the high levels about new expansions. Front line cast members, historically, don't find out until minutes before we the public do about any changes (unless its something being implemented right away that they need to be trained on).

So if Disney is so secretive (not saying they aren't) that only the executives and high level CM can know about things what is the point of a rumor forum especially since I'm sure the Disney executives don't come on here to post rumors? Where else would a semi legitimate or legitimate rumor about Disney come from?

So if Disney is so secretive (not saying they aren't) that only the executives and high level CM can know about things what is the point of a rumor forum especially since I'm sure the Disney executives don't come on here to post rumors? Where else would a semi legitimate or legitimate rumor about Disney come from?

Most come from speculation based on the few bits of information released to shareholders, on filings for permits, or on things we can see happening.

~If you or anyone can find where you read this, pass it along because I find it interesting. We go in late August, and the parks are lighter in crowds than average but TSMM, TOT, RNRC, even the The Backstage Tour and Muppets 3D had longer waits, so I've always wondered why Star Tours seems so unpopular. :rotfl: The only other rides that I've seen that empty are Nemo and The People Mover and those are also huge people eaters, so you might be on to something.

~If you or anyone can find where you read this, pass it along because I find it interesting. We go in late August, and the parks are lighter in crowds than average but TSMM, TOT, RNRC, even the The Backstage Tour and Muppets 3D had longer waits, so I've always wondered why Star Tours seems so unpopular. :rotfl: The only other rides that I've seen that empty are Nemo and The People Mover and those are also huge people eaters, so you might be on to something.

Not a big mystery.

Star Tours does have a high capacity. There are 6 simulators, each of which has a capacity of 40 people. The ride run time itself is around four and a half minutes. Allow perhaps a minute to reload, and my calculations have it at 2618/hour. When operating all six. They don't need to at all times, so they will cut down to what is reasonable to save on maintenance and staff. So in general, regardless of how busy the park is, it generally seems to have the same length of line.

I don't remember other capacities offhand, RNRC I think is around 1800.

I'm really not sure on TOT. Some napkin calculations come out way too low.

I've heard TSM is around 1000 or less.

ST could be one the biggest capacity ride attractions outside of the Omnimovers.

Not a big mystery.

Star Tours does have a high capacity. There are 6 simulators, each of which has a capacity of 40 people. The ride run time itself is around four and a half minutes. Allow perhaps a minute to reload, and my calculations have it at 2618/hour. When operating all six. They don't need to at all times, so they will cut down to what is reasonable to save on maintenance and staff. So in general, regardless of how busy the park is, it generally seems to have the same length of line.

I don't remember other capacities offhand, RNRC I think is around 1800.

I'm really not sure on TOT. Some napkin calculations come out way too low.

I've heard TSM is around 1000 or less.

ST could be one the biggest capacity ride attractions outside of the Omnimovers.
~Oh wow! Thanks doc, you are always armed with with the stats and numbers and I finally have the answer to my "non" mystery. :goodvibes

My family would love a Star Wars Land. We do like the stunt show, but after seeing it numerous times we don't mind giving it up for something as awesome as new land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter