Confirmed- Lights Cars Action Closing

When we went in 2011 Lights Motors Action was only running 1 a day in the middle of summer and it wasn't even crowded. A CM told me that the show was to expensive to run.

Another point WDW needs to step up it game if it is going to compete with Universal, Sea World and even legoland. My son has been talking about some new transformer ride at Universal.

If rumour is true Carsland would be cool and it would fit in with pixar place.:cool1:

When we went last year, the stadium was filled nearly to capacity. I don't recall how many shows a day they were running.

When we went last year, the stadium was filled nearly to capacity. I don't recall how many shows a day they were running.

We've only seen it twice, both times were the middle of the summer and both times it was a little over half full.

I enjoyed it the first time, but not as much the second, I chalk it up as a one time thing. I can see why people like it, but I wouldn't mind it being replaced with something else.

Pure heresy but was hanging with a CM today by a pool and he said LMA and backlot closing for star wars land NO carsland at all.

MarriedAtDisney said:
Pure heresy but was hanging with a CM today by a pool and he said LMA and backlot closing for star wars land NO carsland at all.

Wouldn't it be funny if the CM's source was this forum? LOL other than that, the murmurings that have been mentioned only mention Star Wars land and not Cars land. Would be smart not to duplicate so it would entice people to still visit both coasts for something different.

DISCLAIMER: nothing mentioned in this post you just read has been confirmed via a press release.

Sweet...dueling CM rumors. :)

P.S. I'm not sure you meant heresy - probably hearsay. Then again, contradicting a "confirmed" post around here is sometimes called heresy. Beware villagers with pitchforks... :)

I never got the point of Streets of America ? Whats the point ?

It was meant to look like a true studio backlot of several large cities. Look in one direction, and it could be a street in New York City. Look in another, and it is San Francisco.

It was originally just New York City, and part of the backlot tour.

I vaguely recall hearing that some film scenes were actually filmed there early on, but I can't remember what and can't find a reference...

~WOW!!! You should have started a new thread with this news! Anyway, I am speechless, just wow. It's a huge project with both Star Wars & Carsland debuting in 2018! AWESOME! :yay:

Just did. I think some apologies may be in oder for the OP. ;)

It still isn't confirmed, nor has anything about any pink slips being given...howver, as I said, it does add weight to the rumors of one or both coming to DHS at some point.

Interesting...still not confirmed though, and the DIS itself fell into the trap of the "imminent" CarsLand announcement a while back...but it's lending weight to the rumors one or both will eventually come.

:rolleyes:

phorsenuf said:

Good luck on the apologies. I'd be shocked if some on here bite at that article since it wasn't a press release from Disney itself. Heck, I doubt they will even give the OP credit after they have visited the new Star Wars land once it is built. Of course, that is all rumor though as there hasn't been a press release. LOL

Good luck on the apologies. I'd be shocked if some on here bite at that article since it wasn't a press release from Disney itself. Heck, I doubt they will even give the OP credit after they have visited the new Star Wars land once it is built. Of course, that is all rumor though as there hasn't been a press release. LOL

I think the point is that I can link you to an article from a few years ago saying a Monsters Inc coaster is confirmed for DHS. Guess what? It never happened.

I don't think any one is saying the OP is lying or that Cars/Star Wars is never coming. They are just saying a CM rumor and a rumor article is not an actual confirmation.

I think the point is that I can link you to an article from a few years ago saying a Monsters Inc coaster is confirmed for DHS. Guess what? It never happened.

I don't think any one is saying the OP is lying or that Cars/Star Wars is never coming. They are just saying a CM rumor and a rumor article is not an actual confirmation.

Ah, but if you point that out, you're all negative and a Disney hater and all that... :)

Reddog1134 said:

I guess my main thing is that the thread was going fine until someone thought they needed to inject negativity without adding anything productive themselves and figured it was their responsibility to say that ppl don't have the "right" to post on here what they may have heard from a cast member as being confirmed. Then I would be shocked had those same individuals then taken that article as confirmation.

They didn't necessarily say the OP was lying but they bash anything useful that the OP might have said just because they said confirmed in the title.

Not discrediting your mention of the Monsters Inc. rumor or calling you a Disney hater as stated above.

I guess my main thing is that the thread was going fine until someone thought they needed to inject negativity without adding anything productive themselves and figured it was their responsibility to say that "we" don't have the "right" to post on here what they may have heard from a cast member as being confirmed. Then I would be shocked had those same individuals then taken that article as confirmation.

They didn't necessarily say the OP was lying but they bash anything useful that the OP might have said just because they said confirmed in the title.

Not discredited your mention of the Monsters Inc. rumor or calling you a Disney hater as stated above.

It's mostly semantics, I'll admit. But people have been burned by so many rumors that they want "confirmation". So when someone says "confirmation" people expect something official.

And no matter how much you trust a CM friend or a website, they are not official sources.

~I don't know, but this "official" and "confirmed" thing has gone overboard. :crazy: And, I noticed that no other forum here does this. This board used to be fun and rampant with discussion and speculation, now it's buckling under this structured rigidity that has no place in cordial discussion, it's become incredibly juvenile and pedantic. It's like we're in grade school or something, even that's an insult to the grade schools. A poster was kind enough to post a source, and now we're questioning the source. I think the news is awesome, even if it doesn't materialize. Come on guys, lighten up. :goodvibes

DRDISNEYMD said:
~I don't know, but this "official" and "confirmed" thing has gone overboard. :crazy: And, I noticed that no other forum here does this. This board used to be fun and rampant with discussion and speculation, now it's buckling under this structured rigidity that has no place in cordial discussion, it's become incredibly juvenile and pedantic. It's like we're in grade school or something, even that's an insult to the grade schools. A poster was kind enough to post a source, and now we're questioning the source. I think the news is awesome, even if it doesn't materialize. Come on guys, lighten up. :goodvibes

Agreed! I think the article is great and just another instance of someone adding to the possibility of it being true, which would be a nice rejuvenation to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter