Confirmed- Lights Cars Action Closing

I agree, I think it's probably a temporary measure to come up with something else for people to choose for fastpass+ selections. DHS isn't as attraction heavy as MK, so they'll need it. They can take that out as easily as they put it in once they got rolling on new construction.

Now that being said.. it may be temporary but it's still ridiculous:rolleyes2

Did not read any of this thread except the op. HOWEVER I have to say the stunt car show was a huge yawn. I went once and that was it. I would love to see something more interactive or at least cute in its place.

Think I would prefer Cars Land to Star Wars Land. But replacing the stunt show with almost anything would be an improvement in my book. Saw it once, that was enough. Still miss the movie lot area of backlot tour. Especially at Christmas. :wave2:

My whole family adores this attraction and we will be soo sad to see it closed! I hope they will still have it next spring when we go back...

Lest anybody think Team Disney Orlando will go full force on any new projects, this comes from Mice Chat rumors:

The Board also got overviews of WDI’s plans to attempt a more modest makeover of the Disney’s Hollywood Studios park in Florida, with a scaled down Cars Land section and some of the same Star Wars concepts planned for Tomorrowland.

Booooo, WDW always gets screwed over on these things. They know they can halfass things and people will still come. They try to do that in DL and there will be a revolt.

Tomorrowland?!? Do they not remember that Star Wars took place a long time ago?!? Nor do I think it meets "retro-future" tests...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter