Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
My TA told me that the CR Atrium level has no rooms with a king bed and a MK view. I have read about the 2 king bedrooms located on the club level and they are not recommended. Is this information correct?

ok have a question, just switched my reservations from Beach club to yacht Club, club level. We will be celebrating my youngest daughters sweet 16 and middle DD 21st bday while we are there. Can I email IPO and request a bday card signed by chip and dale for the youngest and one signed by tinker bell for the older, is this something the can make happen? I have heard of other people getting cards signed by mickey and gang. This is our first time staying club level so not sure if this was something I could ask for or not, also should also let them know we need a room with the daybed?, thanks

Typically they don't give autographed photos to every single person celebrating a birthday on the CL, it's just something extra magical that happens sometimes. :) Usually its a Mickey and Minnie pic. For my 40th I got a laminated sign that said Happy 40th Birthday with Tinkerbell on it, so they might be able to print something like that off for you. But it didn't have an autograph. A couple of times my kids have been given a balloon with candy tied to the bottom, no picture or anything. Then other times we only got the birthday button. It varies.

If you want a daybed definitely let IPO know and also make sure it is listed on your requests with CRO. First priority goes to families of 5, and even they aren't guaranteed.

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who shared about the possibility of "not hearing" from your IPO if you had upgraded to CL or switched resorts, etc. I just called BC CL IPO and talked with someone. She said indeed that sometimes that don't get the reservation sent over if there have been changes made to it. I was able to update a bunch of stuff with her and get on her list to make ressies for Wishes when it opens.

Thanks again! I love these boards!:thumbsup2 How do non-DIS people get their info....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Where is this form? I never saw it when I stayed at Poly CL last year? Doing YC CL this year

I've always gotten an email with an attachment that included forms to fill out with ADRs, DME, etc. to send back for IPO :).

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who shared about the possibility of "not hearing" from your IPO if you had upgraded to CL or switched resorts, etc. I just called BC CL IPO and talked with someone. She said indeed that sometimes that don't get the reservation sent over if there have been changes made to it. I was able to update a bunch of stuff with her and get on her list to make ressies for Wishes when it opens.

Thanks again! I love these boards!:thumbsup2 How do non-DIS people get their info....:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad you were able to talk to IPO and get things updated :goodvibes.

My TA told me that the CR Atrium level has no rooms with a king bed and a MK view. I have read about the 2 king bedrooms located on the club level and they are not recommended. Is this information correct?

Both of you are slightly right and slightly wrong. CR has two different CL's. One is the 12th floor - Called the Atrium CL. The other is the 14th floor. The king rooms are on the 14th floor. Or were. The 14th floor is currently being renovated. They could be done by now, but I think it's closed until they finish renovating the California Grill on the top floor. I think Cali is set to open after August 25, but Disney always retains some ability to push back dates, until they know something will be done. Those rooms might be gone when it reopens, since most of the floor is giant suites.

Indeed, Booking CR has long been confusing. The 12th floor CL Standard view room was long called: Tower room, club level, with Bay Lake view. At CR, "Tower" means the main building. "Tower Club" is also the name of the 14th floor. Which is extremely close to "Bay Lake Tower", the name of the Disney Vacation CLUB resort next door. Why they named the new resort that name is beyond me. I also find all the cutesy club level names a bit annoying. Then again, it's also confusing to have a concierge floor, and a lobby concierge.

I can tell you, before the renovation, the 12th floor rooms were better. I stayed in a 14th floor Bay Lake view room once and it was in desperate need of renovation. The walls had stains, the faucet dripped. The lounge food was uneven: sometimes there was not enough, other food sat out too long. It also is slightly clausterphobic compared to the open lobby view of the 12th floor. ( Actually, the 14th floor is really the 13th, they just skipped calling it that, as there is no 13th floor. :) )

ok have a question, just switched my reservations from Beach club to yacht Club, club level. We will be celebrating my youngest daughters sweet 16 and middle DD 21st bday while we are there. Can I email IPO and request a bday card signed by chip and dale for the youngest and one signed by tinker bell for the older, is this something the can make happen? I have heard of other people getting cards signed by mickey and gang. This is our first time staying club level so not sure if this was something I could ask for or not, also should also let them know we need a room with the daybed?, thanks

I should probably start by saying I'm in the camp of not expecting WDW to do anything for birthdays, nor are we a fan of birthday pins.

When you book a WDW vacation, CM's usually note birthdays. You have a few options in terms of making specific requests. Other times, WDW will give you some small tokens - at the discretion of the staff members.

the cards are one of the freebies they deliver if they have time. It's not really anything special, it's not hand signed, it's a preprinted card. I think it also had more or less an add for Photopass. As in. "It's your birthday, you might want to use Photopass!"

As for options you can buy, the ones I've looked at were pricey. You can go through the WDW florist. They deliver all sorts of flowers and gift baskets. Online the flowers don't look all that impressive, and they are $$$. the gift baskets are mostly similar. You pay $50 for a few bags of boring prepackaged chips/cookies. If you are staying on CL, you don't need bags of prepackaged cookies. In person, I've seen some amazing flowers being delivered. More than once, we've been at a WDW resort when they were changing out old flowers. (the resort décor) Sometimes we've been given the old flowers, just for talking to the CM's. Once I was standing outside a convention room where a wedding reception had just concluded. The CM was wheeling away all the table décor. The CM confessed she was about to throw all of them in the trash. She let me take as many long stem roses as I wanted. They were perfect, amazing roses.

Another option that's more fun, and kind of secret- is the special "In-room dining options." Each deluxe resort has it's own menu. I think they are open to all guests of that resort, but I think the only printed menu is the in-room menu on the desk in each room. Options are pricey. There's a service fee, plus a delivery fee. Beyond that, if you staying club level, many are redundant. As in, they will deliver to your room the same kind of cookies they have in the lounge. the same kind of cookies they sell in the quick serve. you are basically paying a premium to have WDW put them in your room. Some of the options are unique, but I don't need chocolate covered strawberries in my room when there are piles of desserts in the lounge, piles of desserts at every buffet, desserts as part of every DDP meal, and nightly candies on my pillow. Its sugar overload. Non CL, they are a better fit.

Another option is that most TS have cakes on hand. They have a basic cake for free, and better ones that can be personalized. We've never done either. I've seen some specials WDW wedding cakes, and they can be amazing. If you are willing to pay, WDW can do amazing things!

Last, all guests can request free pins for any birthday, etc. If you wear one, you will likely have staff say, "Happy B-day" to you. I would not expect much more, but you never know. Sometimes staff has leeway to do a little extra, if they have the time. To us, being at WDW on your birthday is special enough. That said, since WDW asked at booking, I've mentioned birthdays once or twice just to see. One person got nothing, the other got the printed card.

I should probably start by saying I'm in the camp of not expecting WDW to do anything for birthdays, nor are we a fan of birthday pins.

When you book a WDW vacation, CM's usually note birthdays. You have a few options in terms of making specific requests. Other times, WDW will give you some small tokens - at the discretion of the staff members.

the cards are one of the freebies they deliver if they have time. It's not really anything special, it's not hand signed, it's a preprinted card. I think it also had more or less an add for Photopass. As in. "It's your birthday, you might want to use Photopass!"

As for options you can buy, the ones I've looked at were pricey. You can go through the WDW florist. They deliver all sorts of flowers and gift baskets. Online the flowers don't look all that impressive, and they are $$$. the gift baskets are mostly similar. You pay $50 for a few bags of boring prepackaged chips/cookies. If you are staying on CL, you don't need bags of prepackaged cookies. In person, I've seen some amazing flowers being delivered. More than once, we've been at a WDW resort when they were changing out old flowers. (the resort décor) Sometimes we've been given the old flowers, just for talking to the CM's. Once I was standing outside a convention room where a wedding reception had just concluded. The CM was wheeling away all the table décor. The CM confessed she was about to throw all of them in the trash. She let me take as many long stem roses as I wanted. They were perfect, amazing roses.

Another option that's more fun, and kind of secret- is the special "In-room dining options." Each deluxe resort has it's own menu. I think they are open to all guests of that resort, but I think the only printed menu is the in-room menu on the desk in each room. Options are pricey. There's a service fee, plus a delivery fee. Beyond that, if you staying club level, many are redundant. As in, they will deliver to your room the same kind of cookies they have in the lounge. the same kind of cookies they sell in the quick serve. you are basically paying a premium to have WDW put them in your room. Some of the options are unique, but I don't need chocolate covered strawberries in my room when there are piles of desserts in the lounge, piles of desserts at every buffet, desserts as part of every DDP meal, and nightly candies on my pillow. Its sugar overload. Non CL, they are a better fit.

Another option is that most TS have cakes on hand. They have a basic cake for free, and better ones that can be personalized. We've never done either. I've seen some specials WDW wedding cakes, and they can be amazing. If you are willing to pay, WDW can do amazing things!

Last, all guests can request free pins for any birthday, etc. If you wear one, you will likely have staff say, "Happy B-day" to you. I would not expect much more, but you never know. Sometimes staff has leeway to do a little extra, if they have the time. To us, being at WDW on your birthday is special enough. That said, since WDW asked at booking, I've mentioned birthdays once or twice just to see. One person got nothing, the other got the printed card.

That was a perfect summary!

Also I wanted to add that you can get the buttons inside the parks as well. At mk they have a button wagon setup outside of guest services with all the different button types and a cm there to write your name. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Where is this form? I never saw it when I stayed at Poly CL last year? Doing YC CL this year

When you book club level you should email the address on the first page of this thread. When you do that, the resort IPO will send you a form that includes the reservations you want. It's best to do this before 180 days if at all possible.

Typically they don't give autographed photos to every single person celebrating a birthday on the CL, it's just something extra magical that happens sometimes. :) Usually its a Mickey and Minnie pic. For my 40th I got a laminated sign that said Happy 40th Birthday with Tinkerbell on it, so they might be able to print something like that off for you. But it didn't have an autograph. A couple of times my kids have been given a balloon with candy tied to the bottom, no picture or anything. Then other times we only got the birthday button. It varies.

If you want a daybed definitely let IPO know and also make sure it is listed on your requests with CRO. First priority goes to families of 5, and even they aren't guaranteed.

We stayed at AKL CL in January and it was DH's birthday while we were there but the trip was actually my birthday present. When we got to our room we had a voicemail and it was Mickey calling to wish him a happy birthday! It wasn't personalized but it was cute! And we each had a box of chocolate in our room one night (outside of the normal house cleaning chocolates) and I think they had a happy birthday note on them!

I wouldn't go in expecting anything but it's nice to get surprises! We were there in a "low" seasons so they might have more had more time for extras like that.

Are the types of beer limited at each CL Lounge or can you request what you'd like? Say my husband loves the Oktoberfest from the German Pavilion and my friend wants Coors Light, would those be available. We've never stayed CL and might consider it.

My brother is big on trying different kinds of beer and I asked if they might be able to stock a few from each of the countries in Epcot for him to try while we were there.

We were told it was either against Disney rules. Or against the law....can't remember which.
What the concierge desk suggested was for him to go over there, buy them and have the packages delivered back to the resort, and that they could keep them in the back in the cooler for him if he wanted.

Hope this helps.

My brother is big on trying different kinds of beer and I asked if they might be able to stock a few from each of the countries in Epcot for him to try while we were there.

We were told it was either against Disney rules. Or against the law....can't remember which.
What the concierge desk suggested was for him to go over there, buy them and have the packages delivered back to the resort, and that they could keep them in the back in the cooler for him if he wanted.

Hope this helps.

Wow, I'm sure it would have cost a FORTUNE if the CM would have said yes. :eek: YIKES!

We are staying at the WL CL next month, my friend and her baby have food/milk allergies, is this something that I also need to note for IPO for the lounge, or just for the dining reservations? I didn't know if they would be able to accommodate for those allergies or not

BTW, my friend has a milk/strawberry/shellfish allergies (can only drink soy) and the baby has milk/soy allergies, she can only have rice milk, no yogurt or anything that may have milk that isn't cooked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter