Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been telling DH about CL rooms, and he cannot wrap his head around the "free beer" (yes I know it is part of the price for that level room). He is convinced there must be a limit to the amount of beer a person can get from the lounge each day. Is there? And when is it available? Thanks!
Deidre

Typically you can ask for 2 at a time, per person, sometimes if you get a really friendly CM they might give you a few extra to put in your room fridge. As far as I know there isn't a limit, my DH has enjoyed quite a few (well, MORE than a few) and they've never cut him off! :lmao: I think the fact that during the day you have to personally ask a CM to get it for you cuts down on anyone abusing it. Then in the evening they'll have it pretty well stocked, along with wine too. We've been given entire bottles of wine to take to our room, they are always encouraging us to help ourselves and asking if we'd like more. I think as long as you are being responsible they are happy to provide whatever you want.

Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know what kind of wine is typically available? Riesling? Chardonnay? Merlot?

Thanks for the info! Do you happen to know what kind of wine is typically available? Riesling? Chardonnay? Merlot?

It's always a good assortment of red and white. I love Pinot Grigio and I noticed the YC CL this past May they had the same Pinot all week that we had had at Le Cellier. We joked how we could have saved 40 bucks! ;)

So, I know that the questions I am about to ask have been asked a hundred and one times, but, I have been sifting through all of these threads and can't seem to find very basic info.

Basically, until coming across this thread I had no idea this existed.

So, what's the deal... Do you pay a fee to be club level or do you have to book a certain room? Can you do CL if you are DVC? Are you allowed to bring drinks and food back to your room or do you have to leave snacks and alcohol in the concierges club lever room?

So, I know that the questions I am about to ask have been asked a hundred and one times, but, I have been sifting through all of these threads and can't seem to find very basic info.

So, what's the deal... Do you pay a fee to be club level or do you have to book a certain room? Can you do CL if you are DVC? Are you allowed to bring drinks and food back to your room or do you have to leave snacks and alcohol in the concierges club lever room?

Club level is a booking category. Most resorts will offer a few choices... for example: Standard view Club level, Garden view club level, theme park view club level, etc, etc. Also suites come with club level privileges. The CR and GF actually have 2 club levels. All the other deluxe resorts have one. You have to book that type of room in advance and yes it is more expensive. Usually about $100+ a night more. As far as I know the only DVC with club level is the AKL (Jambo). And yes you can take food back to your room.

On our last two stays (AKL and Poly), they had a Chardonnay (I liked the African one at AKL more), Berringer White Zinfandel, and one "red". Since I don't usually drink reds, I didn't notice if it was merlot or a cab at either place :)

I should add that WL is the only CL my family has not tried. I can't say exactly how they do things there. Each resort does have slightly different procedures.

At BC, we had a funny experience. We checked in a little late. Staff had us call a chef. Just after, we went to dinner at the Capt's Grill, the same chef came to our table! We all had a good chuckle.

All the places you list are great. I just point out 1900PF because the CM that works there is special. Maybe next time around.

Have a great time.

DH and I have eaten at 1900 Park Fare and I would have chosen that, but my friend doesn't eat at buffets at all, anywhere.

On our last two stays (AKL and Poly), they had a Chardonnay (I liked the African one at AKL more), Berringer White Zinfandel, and one "red". Since I don't usually drink reds, I didn't notice if it was merlot or a cab at either place :)

From our CL stays at BWI, BC and CR, they've always served Merlot, but no cabs.

I am sure this has been addressed sorry for additional question on it but DD15 has gluten sensitivities. Does CL offer GF desserts etc. or do they not make provisions for this allergy? thanks! We stayed CL 5 years in a row so I know the standard fare with but this new allergy not sure if it is worth it for next summer>

Read the last few posts I've posted. WDW will make provisions for food allergies.

Each resort follows slightly different procedures, but do have it noted on your reservations, with IPO. You will likely need to mention it upon check-in. The IPO will make sure it is noted on all your ADR's. Upon check-in, or thereabouts (Maybe the next morning if you arrive late) They will have you talk to a chef. Disney also may have you talk to special needs dining before you go, but they will basically tell you what I'm saying.

The key part, really, is talking to the chef directly, so they can go over your personal needs. What foods they have in stock to offer, What foods you like, timing, etc.

What they will not do is remove GF foods from the line. What they will do is kind of personal, based on his needs. If you've ever dining at a WDW restaurant, it is similar.

You will do the same thing at each restaurant. If the person seating you does not mention it, ask. Your server will call a chef to your table to discuss your needs.

Read the last few posts I've posted. WDW will make provisions for food allergies.

Each resort follows slightly different procedures, but do have it noted on your reservations, with IPO. You will likely need to mention it upon check-in. The IPO will make sure it is noted on all your ADR's. Upon check-in, or thereabouts (Maybe the next morning if you arrive late) They will have you talk to a chef. Disney also may have you talk to special needs dining before you go, but they will basically tell you what I'm saying.

The key part, really, is talking to the chef directly, so they can go over your personal needs. What foods they have in stock to offer, What foods you like, timing, etc.

What they will not do is remove GF foods from the line. What they will do is kind of personal, based on his needs. If you've ever dining at a WDW restaurant, it is similar.

You will do the same thing at each restaurant. If the person seating you does not mention it, ask. Your server will call a chef to your table to discuss your needs.

Thanks. The chefs were fantastic with the GF allergy last month at WDW. We did not stay club last month b/c of this allergy...so I need to figure out if it is worth the cost to stay CL for DD with the allergy.....cant seem to find anyone with experience. I even called the CL manager but she is on vacation...

So I have been telling DH about CL rooms, and he cannot wrap his head around the "free beer" (yes I know it is part of the price for that level room). He is convinced there must be a limit to the amount of beer a person can get from the lounge each day. Is there? And when is it available? Thanks!
Deidre

DVC resorts and CL are two different options. More or less you pay a fee to be on CL compared to regular prices- AND - they are their own room category. With the 30%off-type deals WDW usually offers it often works out to be about $140 day. It is a flat rate fee on the room. It doesn't matter if there is one person or four. So obviously it is a lesser deal for a solo guest. A solo guest is not likely to benefit $150/per day, IMO. I have seen plenty of business guests doing just that at convention resorts, so they must think it worth the added convenience.

Each resort has it's own quirks. At BC, the rooms are mostly all on two floors, at Poly the CL rooms are all in one building. the rooms themselves are no different from regular rooms. Each resort has it's own categories. Most CL's have 'standard' view rooms (often on the parking lot side), and garden/deluxe/theme park view rooms. the easiest thing is to go to WDW's website, look up the resort you want and look at each description. Usually, the DVC resorts are separate resorts altogether. There are no CL rooms at say, Saratoga Springs or Bay Lake Tower.

One more room option at the deluxes (non DVC) are the suites. They are similar to DVC, in that they are one, two and three bedroom suites. They also have access to the CL. They also run like $900 -$3300 per night, and are rarely - to my knowledge - offered at a discount. (except maybe WDW corporate partner CEO's and celebrities )

You are allowed to bring food to your room from the lounge. The limits are largely limits of practicality. The CL are also full of families; they are not pubs. Food in your room = dirty plates. You can bring drinks to the pool in paper cups. How many are you willing to carry?

Another limit is the tiny dorm fridge/drink cooler. They are tiny, not very cold. Too small for a dessert sized plate. We've never tried beer. CL wine is by the glass, so also no good. Dunno if the staff would give you a full bottle. Maybe. Room service will.

As far as limits on beer...there was a lively discussion a few pages back on food/drink limits. I don't care to rehash all the points. Please do read back a few pages. One limit is that you have to go to the lounge in your resort only. Via bus, that's an hour away from most e-rides. Even a one way trip pool to lounge can be a ten+ minute walk.

Another limitation is that food is only offered during certain hours. Beer/wine are on the line from 5-7pm each day. Cordials are out from 8pm-10pm. Beyond that, you are allowed to ask the CM for a beer, and they will get you one. (say, noon to 10pm) I don't really pay much attention to the other guests, but most are families. It's not like the CL lounge is a bar, and folks are plastered. It just doesn't happen. There are much less $$$ places to drink than CL at WDW.

Beyond that, from 5-7 pm, guests are kind of limited by what is put out. Just per social norms, most folks aren't going to walk over and take ALL the beer that's there. The snacks and cordials are, in my opinion, even more self limiting. anything more than a small amount of either kettle-style greasy chips and cordials makes me ill.

Deidre

He sounds like my kids. They can't believe they get all that "free" food.:lmao:
There is no limit to the beers. You can only take two at time per person, but there is time limit. You can walk back 15 minutes later and take two more. We usually keep a couple in our fridge just in case we want one before 5 or after 7, but the Cm's will get you wine or beer anytime of day. At WL and Poly they kept the wine sitting out until 10pm. BC and YC put it away at 700pm.

I just read on another thread that the BCR lounge is going to be renovated and expanded. I searched but can't find any information in this. Has anyone heard any details on this? Thanks.

I just read on another thread that the BCR lounge is going to be renovated and expanded. I searched but can't find any information in this. Has anyone heard any details on this? Thanks.

Yep that is true. I spoke with the YC BC manager last summer when we wre checking out. Starting in Oct or Nov, all of BC gets a complete remodel. Not just linens but everything. Lobby, furniture, etc. The works. The lounge is getting expanded by knocking thru 2 additional CL SV rooms so the lounge increases by almost 800 sq feet? I just booked BC CL GV room now for the summer . Renovations start on club and work their way down entire hotel. YC slated for same thing (not club expansion I don't believe just remodel) in Nov 2015 THEN the villas after that.

We just returned from a perfect week at the Poly CL. I want to thank everyone for their help/advice planning our trip. It could not have gone better. We had ages ranging from 6 to 61 and everyone enjoyed the Poly. We will be going back for sure. I highly recommend CL if you can swing it, the conveniences are wonderful, especially as the week goes on and you start getting tired. The staff was exceptional.

Yep that is true. I spoke with the YC BC manager last summer when we wre checking out. Starting in Oct or Nov, all of BC gets a complete remodel. Not just linens but everything. Lobby, furniture, etc. The works. The lounge is getting expanded by knocking thru 2 additional CL SV rooms so the lounge increases by almost 800 sq feet? I just booked BC CL GV room now for the summer . Renovations start on club and work their way down entire hotel. YC slated for same thing (not club expansion I don't believe just remodel) in Nov 2015 THEN the villas after that.

OMG!!! That's so exciting! I no longer want to try a different resort when we come next year. I LOVE the BCR. We were there in Sept of 2011 and they were refurbing some rooms then. I'm surprised they're already going back and doing all of the rooms over.

Any idea when they may be done with the lounge? We're going back in Sept 2014 so I'm assuming they'll be done by then. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter