Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: ldnoggle :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: Kimmy2Disney :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: catho72 :cheer2:

ldnoggle will be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/18 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Kimmy2Disney will be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/21 and has also volunteered to do live updates for us!

catho72 will also be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/22 and has offered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, ldnoggle, Kimmy2Disney, & catho!!! :cool1:

Lots of new stuff lately!

I loved seeing the pictures of Long a island from the plane, since that's where we live. I never think to take pictures on the plane, but when we flew home from Europe, we actually flew right over my house at low altitude, and that was the coolest plane experience I ever had! Wish I had taken a photo now!

I have a lot of work to do today, but by tonight, we will be down to 5 weeks until we leave for WDW!!

jabead said:

- and -

- and -

:cheer2: catho :cheer2:

ldnoggle will be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/18 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Kimmy2Disney will be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/21 and has also volunteered to do live updates for us!

catho will also be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/22 and has offered to do live updates for us!

Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I am super excited to be leaving today for WDW. Since we're driving from Chicago, we won't arrive until around Noon tomorrow. We are staying in a CL room at BC so I'll have lots of pics from there and our first dinner will be at Cape May Cafe tomorrow night. See you then! :wave2

Our First Update of the Day yesterday was sent to us by SwirlyGirly.

Her last update from Universal was from their dinner Wednesday night at...

She said, "First you choose your appetizers/sides from the bar..."

"And then it's on to the meat!!"

"It's all you can eat. The kids tried everything! I have a small stomach, so I stuck to beef. The flank and the house specialty, sirloin, were the best. This surprised me as I'm usually a filet person!"

"Dessert is grilled cinnamon and sugar pineapple..."

3 July Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for sign, menu, buffet pics, pics of SG and DD, misc. pics and First Update of the Day

Our second update received yesterday was also sent to us by SwirlyGirly from their first meal at Disney World.

She said, "We checked into Yacht Club at 7:00 a.m. this morning and took a cab over to the Grand Floridian for breakfast at..."

"The main event for us...gluten free and dairy free Mickey waffles !!!!" :thumbsup2

"We don't book a lot of character breakfasts beccause we aren't big eaters and I find them too hectic. We did enjoy ourselves this morning, however. They took extra care with our allergies and everyone was helpful and cheerful today. A great start!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and pic of girls with Alice

Next in yesterday were some updates from Stephanie (SRiley1985).

She said, "Last night we decided to do some resort hopping. We took a bus to Magic Kingdom and then a boat over to the Grand Floridian to eat at their QS restaurant...."

"We went to the counter and ordered, then they gave us this number and said to go find a seat and they will bring our food out."

"So instead of sitting down, I took some pictures of the condiment and drink stations."

"We chose to go sit outside...

...for this view!"

"John chose the Pulled Pork Flatbread..."

"He scarfed it all down but I did manage to snag a piece and it was awesome!"

"I got the Cuban Panini and asked to sub grapes for the chips...

"I was really surprised when I got two bags instead of just the usual one. This. Was. So. Good. Just perfect. The bread was nice and toasted, crunchy pickles, everything was the way it should be!"

"For dessert we split the S'mores Cupcake..."

"It was way better than the Oreo cupcake from the Boardwalk Bakery. The thick chocolate filling was amazing!"

"You can see it here, it was yummy." :)

"Then we took the monorail over to the Contemporary and while looking for a gift for our daughter, I spotted this...

More Magic Band Merchandise!"

"This time it was decorations and covers for the bands. They must be getting pretty close to implementing it."

"After wrapping up our shopping, we hopped a bus to DHS to see Fantasmic! I got this Mickey pretzel with cheese inside the theater. Unfortunately, it was terrible. :( It had obviously been cooked earlier and been sitting out for a while. It was so hard and dried out. Ugh! :crazy2: I didn't even finish it and I was irritated because it cost me 6 bucks." :laughing:

6 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

that smore's cupcake looks so good!!!

It was soooo good. I let it sit out for a bit to warm up since they keep them in the fridge. That tends to make them taste better. The frosting was so creamy and the marshmallows were nice and toasted and sticky. Yum!

Next in yesterday were some updates from Stephanie (SRiley1985).

"After wrapping up our shopping, we hopped a bus to DHS to see Fantasmic! I got this Mickey pretzel with cheese inside the theater. Unfortunately, it was terrible. :( It had obviously been cooked earlier and been sitting out for a while. It was so hard and dried out. Ugh! :crazy2: I didn't even finish it and I was irritated because it cost me 6 bucks." :laughing:

6 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pics

My rule for our upcoming trip: Don't eat any inferior food! If it's something that is cold, dried out or just plain inedible, I'm returning it! It's what i would do at home, so it's what I should do at WDW, even though I haven't always in the past. Must be something about being in Pixie dust land that messes with my head!:rotfl2: Mickey does look cute though, sorry he was stale!

- and -

- and -

:cheer2: catho72 :cheer2:

catho72 will also be at Disney World from 7/13 - 7/22 and has offered to do live updates for us!

Yay!! So exciting, and thank you for the welcome :-). After a late start we are on our way. Staying in Jacksonville tonight and checking in at AKL around noon tomorrow. There are 6 of us, and my soon to be 2 yr old, so lots of yummy things to be had!! Our first ADR will be Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package-- but hopefully a few snacks before then!!!

I just want to say - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!

I have become obsessed with reading dining reports and now that I have found this thread - I can get a little daily dose.

Hopefully this will still be going when our next trip comes around. I would love to return the favor!

Continuing now with yesterday's updates, starting with one from Stephanie (SRiley1985).

She said, "For lunch today, we had a reservation at one of my favorite places. John had never been before so I was excited for his reaction. He loves it as much as I do so yay!" :woohoo:

"Since we skipped breakfast, we ordered an app right away..."

Fried Dill Pickles served with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce

"Loved the spears and the breading was nice and crunchy."

"Here's a pic of them on my plate with the spicy ranch, which was so good."

"For our entree, we split the Chicken BLT sandwich."
(Sorry, no description or menu pic, was too busy watching John watch the cheesy movie clips! :laughing: )

Chicken BLT served on crunchy French roll with Arugula, Vine-ripened Tomatoes, Bacon, and Chili-Chive Aioli

"This is John's half with the cucumber salad. He liked the sandwich but would have preferred the cukes in the salad be sliced thicker."

"This is the inside of my half. I was so happy that the bacon was thick and crispy. I hate limp Disney bacon." ;)

"We took a look at the dessert menu, but decided to pass."

"

"None of the cocktails sounded good either."

"We paid the check and I snapped a pic of the "snack bar" which is one of my favorite details in the restaurant!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus and misc. pic

Stephanie also sent this two-part snack update from DHS.

She said, "After another ride on Star Tours and taking the Indy show, we needed a snack."

"John got an oatmeal cookie and a Goofy Glacier. I got the water. Cookie and the glacier got a thumbs ups!" :thumbsup2

"Also I stopped here on the Streets of America..."

"I tried the jalapeno pretzel. It was decent. I would have preferred more heat."

"After our snack, we headed to the Backlot Tour and I got picked to be the captain! It was so much fun" :)

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and misc. pic

Next in yesterday were some updates from our Disneyland reporter, sock2you.

On their first night they had dinner at Downtown Disney's...

Tortilla Jo's

"When we sat down they had yummy chips and salsa waiting for us."

"We started with some table side guacamole. This was so good! She had us taste it before she left to make sure it tasted the way we wanted it."

"DH had the Chicken and Carne Asada Tacos."

"MIL had two beef enchiladas."

"SIL had the pick two and chose a Chicken Taco and a Chicken Enchilada."

"FIL had a Chicken Quesadilla. He said this was ok but weird as it had the lettuce inside instead of on top."

"I had the Huaraches. The menu described this as a masa boat filled with your choice of meat with beans and toppings. It was ok but not what I was expecting, the masa boat reminded me of fry bread."

"BIL had the Beef Shredded Beef Taco."

"We all enjoyed the restaurant."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Melissa (sock2you) then sent us a couple of snack updates from Disneyland.

She said, "Our first snack of the day was popcorn and Cokes from a vendor outside of Toontown. We opted for the adorable Dumbo bucket, which can surprisingly hold a good chunk of popcorn."

Tiki Juice Bar

"Later on SIL, MIL and I stopped by the Tiki bar for some refreshing pineapple and dole whip floats. We don't have the option in Disneyland to pick what sort or ice cream to put on top, the only option is pineapple."

"MIL an I had to fend off extra spoons and straws as once everyone got a taste they kept coming back for more. Later on we went back and got 4 more." ;)

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DD and SIL

Then next was Melissa's two-part lunch update from Disneyland.

Little Red Wagon

"A few hours into the park and SIL1 and BIL2 arrived. For lunch everyone but me decided on corn dogs form the Little Red Wagon off of Main Street Disney."

"DD was taking a nap in the stroller so we walked around the corner to..."

Here is what she had...

Safari Skewer - Bacon wrapped Asparagus

Cheiftan Chicken Skewer (without the sauce)

"Now I thought these might have been a bit overpriced at first but they were on my bucket list. These were more than enough and so good. The bacon asparagus was my favorite, I didn't want to share."

4 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for group pic, pic of DD, and sign/menu pics

Then back to Disney World for our last update from yesterday, sent to us by Stephanie (SRiley1985).

She said, "When we finished with the Backlot Tour, we left DHS and hopped over to Animal Kingdom. After wandering around and sweating for a couple hours, we got another snack from the coffee shop."

Brownie Paw - fresh-baked Brownie topped with Chocolate Fudge and Buttercream

"The icing was way too much for me but I scraped it off my half and the brownie was thick and fudgy and delicious!"

1 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter