Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

JeannieKY also sent us the last update of her trip from the...

End Zone Food Court

"I had the penne chicken with marinara again. (A ton of food since it comes with a side salad and breadstick. Could easily feed 2 light eaters and she helped with mine.). Allison had a chicken Caesar salad but she didn't like the chicken. We split the chocolate chip cookie and got a bag for the blueberry muffins to have at the airport in the morning since we have an early flight. Never had to wait more than a few minutes for food and staff was friendly. Lots of baseball players here this week but I'm very happy to report what good manners they had down to holding doors even. Don't be afraid to try the All Star Sports. I've had 2 great trips here!" ;)

3 July Game Points Earned

And since that was Jeannie's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

JeannieKY's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 74

Next in tonight was an update from Wendydagny from their breakfast today at the Polynesian resort's...

Wendy said, "Breakfast this morning was again at Kona. Love staying at the Poly!"

"I had the Macadamia Pancakes again...

"DH had the Tonga Toast...

"DS had the Kids Ham & Veggie Scramble but they forgot the ham." :rolleyes:

"DD had the Goofy Toast again..."

"We had all kinds of grand plans of traveling around for breakfasts this week, but found we were just happy with our resort and the convenience here." :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Then we have Couchy's update from their dinner tonight at...

Beaches and Cream

She said, "DH had a Blue Cheese Burger and I had the Turkey Club..."

Angus Beef Burger with smoked bacon, blue cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, lettuce and tomato on a fresh-baked bun & French Fries

Classic Turkey Club with smoked bacon, lettuce and tomato & Watermelon

"The club was very good."

"We ended with the No Way Jose, which was perfect." :thumbsup2

No Way Jose - A Peanut Butter and Hot Fudge Delight with Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Morsels, Whipped Cream and a Cherry

3 July Game Points Earned

Just a few more updates received last night to post, so let's start today with those.

The first one is from DonaldDoleWhip and picks up where we last left off with him on the 4th of July at the Contemporary Resort.

He said, "Soon, I decided to walk over to MK to check out the Fourth of July chaos. The walkway from CR to MK is one of my favorite perks of staying here."

"Space Mountain is basically next to the CR parking lot!"

"I stopped by Main Street Bakery to see the changes for myself - it was packed, so I didn't go inside."

"New Fantasyland still looks pretty, and the Mine Train is really coming along."

"This was my first time seeing the completed Tangled Toilets. For a restroom area, the exterior and interior details are great (sadly, the actual bathrooms are still disgusting)."

"No food options in MK were calling my name, so instead I headed to Contempo Café to grab some dinner for both of us."

Menu Pics

"This place was packed. After paying, I waited about 25 minutes for our food. During that time, I admired Mary Blair's Pueblo Village artwork."

"Here's a pic of a cupcake I don't remember seeing."

"I had the Vegetarian Chopped Salad with no corn or dressing. It contained lettuce, cucumber, black beans, and tomatoes.
There's not much to say about it - I just wanted something light."

"My mom had the Turkey BLT without the bacon and aioli. She also wanted the cheese on the side. This looked like a great sandwich to me, mainly because of the bread."

"Her side dish was the sesame green bean salad."

3 July Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for Contempo sign and menus and misc. other pics

And then our last update from last night was sent to us by dreamangelx.

She said, "Today we headed to the Studios where we sampled some of the new cones [at Min & Bill's Dockside Diner]. They did not photograph well and were very much full of liquid mayo (the bacon avocado and shrimp).

Pecos Bill's

"We then went to Pecos Bill's to get some root beer slushes and boot mugs. I had the Southwest chicken salad. It was good except it had the hottest pepper on earth included with it!"

Southwest Chicken Salad Chicken Breast served over Mixed Greens with Chipotle Ranch Dressing, Monterey Jack Cheese, Tomato, Roasted Corn, and Jalapeno

"Next we returned to our room at Boardwalk where the guys went to get some late night snacks from the Dolphin's..."

Picabu Buffeteria

"Uncle boo got steak tacos..."

"DH got Buffalo wings..."

Chicken tacos

"My brother got chicken tenders..."

"Everything was delicious!" :thumbsup2

8 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Uncle Boo

Coincidently I was just reading about Couchy's day yesterday on the BC/YC resort thread. She mentioned the No Way Jose and behold.. there it is!!

The egg in toast at Kona totally reminds me of what DD used to make when she was younger. :angel:

Mr. DDW's mom's turkey sandwich from Contempo Café looks worthy of ordering. :)

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: SRiley1985 :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: Indy Denise :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: SwirlyGirly :cheer2:

SRiley1985 will be at Disney World from 7/7 - 7/13 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Indy Denise will be at Universal Studios from 7/7 - 7/9 and then Disney World from 7/10 - 7/17 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

SwirlyGirly will also be at Universal Studios from 7/7 - 7/10 and then Disney World from 7/11 - 7/21 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, SRiley1985, Indy Denise, & and SwirlyGirly!!! :cool1:

Now for our First Update of the Day sent to us by the mother/daughter reporting team of emmebear & Emme.

After arriving at Disney World last night, they headed to Downtown Disney to have their first meal at...

"Apparently they have the World's Coldest Beer." ;)

Shocktop

"She's so excited!" :)

"Very strong margarita. I had 2." ;)

"Emme got the Kids Mac & Cheese."

"And a side of fries."

emmebear had the...

Chicken Enchiladas - chicken and corn tortillas with mole verde sauce. Served with cilantro rice and black beans.

"Was a huge portion. Very tasty!"

And Emme's dessert...

"They accept TIW!" :thumbsup2

And guess who they met up with at Paradiso?...

emmebear & Emme with Rachel (rachel09985)

And it looks like a tired Emme got a piggy back ride back to the car at the end of their night...

5 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for name/menu pics, pics of emmebear, Emme, and Rachel, and First Update of the Day

And speaking of Rachel, she sent us an update from their breakfast yesterday morning at Magic Kingdom's...

Rachel said, "I just feel like it wasn't up to par. It wasn't the best but it wasn't bad. Chef Mickey's is still much better! The waffles and puffed French toast were overdone. Cheesy potatoes, salmon, and fruit were good."

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and pic of Rachel & Eeyore

Next in this morning were a couple of updates from Wendydagny.

The first one was from their dinner on Thursday night at Epcot's...

Here's what they had...

Assorted Tempura - shrimp, chicken breast and seasonal vegetables served with Japanese tempura dipping sauce

"I've had better, even here, but it was still good. We especially liked the sweet potato."

Some pics of their chef...

An onion volcano

"Youngest DD enjoying the show." :)

Udon noodles and veggies

"Shrimp, which could have used more lemon."

"And Sirloin Steak...Yummy, DH had filet which was better though. This was all one meal, an insane amount of food."

"For dessert we had the..."

Chocolate Ginger Cake

"Which was good, but the texture of the mousse part was kind of grainy."

"The kids had fruit..."

"Which was really disappointing because it was canned."

"Our service here was great, nothing weird regarding tips like what I've read in some reviews."

3 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menu, chef & misc. other pics and pic of DD

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: SRiley1985 :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: Indy Denise :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: SwirlyGirly :cheer2:

SRiley1985 will be at Disney World from 7/7 - 7/13 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

Indy Denise will be at Universal Studios from 7/7 - 7/9 and then Disney World from 7/10 - 7/17 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

SwirlyGirly will also be at Universal Studios from 7/7 - 7/10 and then Disney World from 7/11 - 7/21 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, SRiley1985, Indy Denise, & and SwirlyGirly!!! :cool1:

Woo hoo! I can't believe it's finally time :cool1: Our flight lands at 1, so hopefully we will be poolside with fruity drink in hand by 2:30. :woohoo:

Also from Wendy was an update from their lunch yesterday at DHS'...

50's Prime Time Cafe

Tune-in Lounge

"Waiting in the living room." (waiting area)

"DD sleeping in the living room. We had to wait a while so they could get a table that could accommodate the chair. Of course as soon as we sat down a waiter dumped horseradish sauce all over DD's chair and ventilator. I was thrilled, but they were quick to help clean it up."

"DS setting the table."

Fried Herb and garlic cheese - Served warm with Raspberry sauce, toasted french bread, and fruit

"Good but need more toast. The raspberry sauce was nice."

"Another pic of the inside from our table..."

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - Served with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken gravy, and corn (subbed for the Southern greens)

"I had the fried chicken. Didn't like the potatoes much but the chicken was good. Way too much food though."

A sampling of Mom's favorite recipes - Crispy fried chicken, fork tender pot roast and traditional meatloaf with all the fixins

"DH had the sampler. He said the best part was the chicken."

"DD had the Kids Mac and Cheese..."

"Which she enjoyed but couldn't finish at all."

"DS had the Meatloaf..."

"Which he loved. I never make meatloaf at home and he loves it."

"Both kids had ice cream sundaes for dessert..."

"DH and I had shakes. He had vanilla and I had PB&J. Soooooo good. Worth eating here just for these!"

"On the way out, DD asked to tape a picture she'd colored on the fridge near the hostess stand!" :)

"There were half a dozen pictures up here from other kids. Really cute."

"We really enjoyed this meal. It was not fancy but was good." :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pics of DS and DD and misc. other pics

Next in this morning was keypooh90's update from their dinner last night at Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express
West Side Location

She said, "I had the crispy chicken tenders with fries and coke and dessert was a creme brûlée. My sister had spaghetti and meatballs with coke and a creme brûlée. My Mom had the mushroom and pepperoni pizza with coke and a creme brûlée."

"The chicken tenders were juicy, with a slight spice, and the fries were yummy. I loved the honey mustard sauce."

"My mom said the pizza was very fresh, perfectly cooked and delicious."

"My sister says, "The noodles and sauce were really good but the meatballs had a weird taste."

"We all thought the custard part of the creme brulee was perfectly creamy and good but the top was slightly burnt."

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pics of keypooh & DSis

Then we received some more updates from Rachel (rachel09985).

The first was from their lunch yesterday at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

MARA

Rachel said, "For lunch yesterday we were trying to eat light because we were going to have an early dinner.
Corey got the 69 cent pb and j again!" :lmao:

"I got carrots, celery, hummus, and zebra domes."

"I ate it on my balcony watching the animals. We can still see animals even though we paid for standard view only.
I love this hotel!"

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for view pic

Next Rachel sent an update from their dinner last night at Epcot's...

"All we asked for was pretzel bread..."

"I liked the maple sugar addition to the butter."

Seared Scallops with English Peas, Red Onion Marmalade, Carrot Puree, Pea Tendrils, and Smoked Bacon Snow

"I ordered the scallops appetizer. I really have never had scallops before. I liked them but not my favorite seafood. I loved the bacon snow on top. The carrot purée was great too."

"Corey ordered the strip steak with potato wedges. Loved the steak but didn't care for the potatoes."

"I had the filet of course. I loved the filet and risotto but didn't like the pickled onions. They didn't go with the steak at all.
Also the truffle butter sauce seemed different, maybe thicker."

"For my dessert I ordered the Coconut three ways."

Coconut Gelee, Macaroons, and Coconut Gelato with Candied Marcona Almonds and Chili-laced Chocolate

"This was one of the weirdest things I have ever had. The coconut gelato was awesome, the macaroons were just ok. I didn't realize that the coconut gelee was going to be the main thing. It was this tofu texture type long thing that tasted like fresh coconut just hardened up. It was so weird I couldn't wrap my head around it. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't get it again."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

While in Epcot, Rachel also visited France's ice cream shop...

"I got Profiterole...

"I didn't like it. It was too airy and melty. It tasted very fresh though."

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

And then last was Rachel's update from her DISmeet with emmebear last night at Downtown Disney's...

Paradiso 37

She had these drinks...

Mango margarita

Mango mojito

And also this snack...

Guacamole & Chips

"I loved the chips. The guacamole was decent but not the best."

1 July Game Point Earned

So many updates this weekend- I love it!

Glad to see the Parmesan chicken is still at Pop, though hiding on the "extras" menu. I am hoping to get some of that in a few weeks.

Now switching to the Disneyland Resort for Incredibleboysmom's final update.

For their last Disney meal of their trip, they had dinner at...

"The interior reminds me of Disney World's Crystal Palace."

"The Plaza Inn sits at the end of Disneyland's Main Street. It offers a Minnie & Friends character breakfast buffet and then is quick service for lunch and dinner."

"I had the fried chicken and paid $1 extra to have all white meat. The chicken was awesome! Very flavorful and moist. The mashed potatoes were "eh" and the green beans were hardly cooked, very crunchy."

"DH had Penne with Bolognese sauce. It was good but nothing special."

"DS13 had the Penne with Alfredo sauce and it was the best dish on the table! I finally managed to trade him my biscuit for a few more bites." ;)

"The little guys had this: Kids Penne with Bolognese. I was disappointed that the grapes were packaged and not fresh as they were at Flo's V8 Cafe."

"This is my final pic of my youngest two at the table, and final review from Disneyland resort. DL has a different Disney "culture" but is an equally magical and wonderful place as the World! We hope to return soon!" :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, interior pic, and pic of DS's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter