Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for Rachel's (rachel09985) & Corey's two-part dinner update from DHS last night.

Studio Catering

"Rachel said, "For dinner we split up again. Corey had his favorite CS meal..."

[​IMG]

Buffalo Chicken Nuggets & French Fries

Min and Bill's Dockside Diner

"I am too embarrassed to even show my meal, it was that bad."

[​IMG]

"It was a hot dog with mustard in a pretzel bun. They had this long stick that they stuck the pretzel on to make room. Then filled it with mustard and stuck the hot dog in. The pretzel was ok but the mustard was gross. It was $8.50 for this! What a waste!" :(

"Corey also got a chocolate milkshake from there..."

[​IMG]

"Also I had a frozen margarita from the Studio Catering bar..."

High Octane Refreshments

[​IMG]

"Hit the spot but not as good as Epcot."

And then last a couple of snack updates...

Starring Rolls Cafe

[​IMG]

"We had the infamous red velvet cupcake. Pretty generic I thought but the frosting was good."

And the simple, but classic Disney park snack...

[​IMG]

"Two for one popcorn tonight! Hollywood Studios is crazy but super fun!"

"Our view right now." :)

[​IMG]

13 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for two pics of Rachel and view pic

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Lisa (lisatav) & family were also at DHS last nght and had both...

[​IMG]

As well as some Cotton Candy...

[​IMG]

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Katie

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Lisa also sent us an update from their dinner last night at DHS'...

[​IMG]

Her update did not include any food descriptions, so I apologize in advance if I get any of these wrong. ;)

[​IMG]

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes - with marinated sweet onions, balsamic drizzle, basil-scented olive oil and fresh sweet basil

[​IMG]

Chicken Campanelle - wood-grilled chicken over Campanelle pasta tossed with four-cheese sauce with broccoflower, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach and sweet onions

[​IMG]

Penne alla Vodka - with Pancetta and Sweet Onions finished with Tomato-Basil Sauce, Cream, Vodka, and Pecorino Romano (can't tell for sure if there is shrimp or chicken added)

[​IMG]

Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana with marinara sauce topped with melted mozzarella over spaghetti

[​IMG]

Kids Spaghetti & Meatballs

[​IMG]

"The coffee was a cappuccino with a hidden mickey!"

And for their dessert...

[​IMG]

Fantasmic! Dessert Platter

[​IMG]

Kids Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcake - a chocolate cupcake with "spaghetti" frosting and a chocolate "meatball" with a strawberry "marinara sauce" and white chocolate "cheese"

"From a very Italian family, we were impressed with the quality for in park Italian food." :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

5. happy2012

happy2012 ♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin'

So glad you liked the lobster roll Rachel!!! I see it doesn't have too much mayo which is awesome!! It looks wonderful & I can't wait!!!!! Woooo!!!! DH & I agreed that B&C is not our cup of tea, but we need to try dessert. :)

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

keypooh90 also sent us a two-part dinner update last night from Epcot.

She said, "My sister got her meal from China's...

Lotus Blossom Cafe

[​IMG]

"She had the shrimp fried rice with egg roll and ginger caramel ice cream with a coke. She said "it was ok. It's not like Chinese at home." The ice cream was really good."

"My mom and I had dinner at..."

La Cantina de San Angel

[​IMG]

"We both had the cheese empanadas with chips, churritos with caramel dip, and Cokes. We said, "This is one of our favorite meals. We love the empanadas with salsa verde." :thumbsup2

7 July Game Points Earned

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

That's all we received from our Disney World reporters yesterday, but we received the final DLR updates from Incredibleboymom. She and her family were at Disneyland from 6/28 - 7/2.

She sad, "Hi Barb, I'm sorry it took so long to get my dining reviews in to you. Our trip took some unexpected turns and we ended up eating offsite more than I had planned. We did manage to work in some yummy Disney food, however, including snacks from the:"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"There are several snack options at the Cozy Cone, like popcorn, churros in a cone, ice cream cones and other "cone-coctions".

[​IMG]

"My 9 yr old chose Red's big apple freeze. It is, I believe, exactly the same as LeFou's Brew at Gastons Tavern. Frozen apple juice with a vanilla cream topping, and very refreshing on a hot day!"

[​IMG]

"We had the obligatory delicious cone of popcorn."

[​IMG]

"I had the Chicken Verde - Smoked Chicken and Salsa Verde topped with Queso Fresco in a Bread Cone. $6.99"

"DH ate half of this and we agreed that it was a great savory snack. It wasn't terribly spicy. The chicken was a mixture of white and dark meat. He has no preference, so I picked out the white meat." ;)

3 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, misc. pic, and pic of DS

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Incredibleboysmom's next update was two-part dinner one from DCA.

Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken Sun-dried Tomato Pesto - Campanelle Pasta tossed with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Cream

"DH had the Chicken and sun-dried tomato pesto pasta. I tasted this and it was really, really good."

[​IMG]

"The 3 boys shared these three cheese flatbreads....boring but they liked them."

Then she said, "My dinner came from next door at the Paradise Garden Grill."

[​IMG]

"I couldn't decide if I wanted a Greek salad or a skewer meal, so when the CM said that I could add a skewer of meat to my salad I said yes!"

[​IMG]

"It REALLY hit the spot on a warm evening. It was very fresh and tasty."

[​IMG]

"Here is my lemon-oregano chicken skewer. I should have skipped it and stuck with the salad. First of all it cost $6.99, and it was pretty tough and fatty. The salad was a winner, this not so much. My 13 year old garbage disposal ended up eating it after I rejected it. Paradise Garden Grill gives a 10% discount if you use your Disney rewards Visa."

6 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Point for sign/menu pics

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And Incredibleboysmom's next update was from their breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel's...

[​IMG]

First some buffet pics...

[​IMG]

"Oatmeal with raisins, Mickey waffles, Mickey pancakes (who knew?) and Banana Caramel French toast which was delish!"

[​IMG]

"Wonderfully fresh melon and tomato and avocado salad."

[​IMG]

"Banana and melon smoothie and some of the pastry offerings."

"OK, this doesn't look great, but it was my favorite dish on the buffet..."

[​IMG]

"Chilaquiles! Yummo!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My plate (clockwise) spinach and basil egg white frittata, Chilaquiles, avocado salad, melon, breakfast potatoes with peppers and onions, and sausage link."

[​IMG]

"The character interaction was the best I have ever experienced at ANY character meal. We had a family pic with Mickey before going to the table and then Minnie, Pluto, Daisy and Stitch came by, most multiple times! Stitch kept sneaking up to the table and moving our things around and Daisy was a HUGE flirt with my 13 year old. There was an organized little dance party with all the characters about every 20 minutes or so. It was a wonderful breakfast both in terms of food and fun and I would definitely do this again!" :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, buffet pics, and pic of boys with Stitch

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now for our First Update of the Day sent to us by a new reporter who arrived at Disney World yesterday, dreamangelx.

She said, "Last night we ate at the Dolphin's...

[​IMG]

"Sorry my pics are not that good...I had a sleeping 2 year old sleeping in my lap at the time!" ;)

First a menu pic...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahi Tuna Burger with Asian Slaw and French Fries

"This is Uncle Boo...yes Boo. He and DH both had an Ahi tuna burger. Both said it was ok but DH said some bites were really hot."

[​IMG]

Buffalo Chicken Salad with Romaine lettuce, Tomatoes, Cheddar Cheese, Cucumbers, Ranch Dressing and Spicy Buffalo Chicken

"I had the Buffalo chicken salad. It was good and not smothered in hot sauce. It had a kick but just enough."

[​IMG]

"This is DD's cheeseburger, DS had the same. My son devoured the whole plate!"

"We enjoyed the Fountain and decided we would return later in the trip for ice cream!" :thumbsup2

5 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu pics, pic of Uncle Boo, and First Update of the Day

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in this morning was an update from Wendydagny.

She and her family had breakfast yesterday at Animal Kingdom's...

Tusker House

[​IMG]

"A few plates of food:"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The food here was pretty good quality for a buffet. We enjoyed the blintzes and fresh fruit."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My kids in the parade."

3 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for characters & kids pics and misc. pics

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received a couple of updates from Couchy.

She said, "Breakfast was eclectic today. An orange and cheddar Chex Mix. We were in a hurry and did not feel like getting anything major."

[​IMG]

"We had espresso as well but alas I keep forgetting the pic. I will blame the fact that we are caffeineless at that point." ;)

"Then lunch was once again at the poolside bar at the Y & B Club...

Hurricane Hanna's

[​IMG]

"DH had the BBQ Bacon Burger and it was fantastic."

[​IMG]

Seared Ahi Tuna with Olives, Arugula, Tomato, and Lemon Vinaigrette

"I had the tuna and it was delicious."

6 July Game Points Earned

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we received some updates from JeannieKY, who was at Magic Kingdom today.

Jeannie said, "Our lunch was at...

[​IMG]

"Which is across from the Pirates ride...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We both got the nachos and chocolate cake. Nachos are much better in Epcot at La Cantina de San Angel. There is a fixing bar but seating is not air conditioned unlike Cantina where you can eat inside until about 2:30 daily. Open until 3 pm. We would skip this one next time. Our least favorite meal thus far. Pecos Bills is a better choice and just around the corner." ;)

Then Jeannie sent a couple of snack updates from Magic Kingdom.

Aloha Isle

[​IMG]

"Orange and Vanilla Swirl Dole Whip (for me)"

Main Street Bakery

[​IMG]

"Caramel Frappuccino (for Allison)"

7 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Point for sign and misc. pic

14. joyfulDisneytears

joyfulDisneytears DIS Veteran

This looks so GOOD!

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received a couple of updates from keypooh90.

The first one was from their lunch today at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We shared the bread service with two naan bread and one onion kulcha. Our accompaniments were cucumber raita, coriander chutney and mango chutney."

[​IMG]

"We also shared the salad sampler. We had bhel puri, mango salad, and watermelon, radish and fennel."

"We love the bhel puri with the spice that it has. The watermelon salad is so fresh and one of our favorites. The mango salad is new and we loved it! The sweetness of the mango balanced out the spiciness of the bhel puri."

[​IMG]

"We also shared the turkey sandwich on ciabatta with avocado and bacon. The sandwich is much improved from the old club. The turkey is carving meat turkey and the ciabatta is so fresh and tender. It was delicious."

"We have been to Sanaa many times but this was our first visit with the menu changes. The bread service is one of our favorite menu items. The naan is always freshly baked and the accompaniments pair perfectly with the breads.The cucumber raita is our favorite!"

[​IMG]

Mara

[​IMG]

"We then went over to Mara at Jambo house to spend two snack credits. We got zebra domes and an orange marmalade cupcake. The zebra domes were fantastic as usual. These are little bites of heaven.

The cupcake was moist and flavorful and pretty. We enjoyed it."

4 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, misc. pics, pic of DSis

16. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Ha ha! Now I remember that Rachel's Corey likes chicken nuggets. That's too bad that some of the choices like the BW salad and pretzel dog were ick! Perhaps the cocktail improved things.

Mr. DDW's CL food offerings look scrumptious! What a great view from their room at the CR. :)

Incredibleboysmom's Surf's Up breakfast looks really yummy!! Ohh and a character meal!

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in was Wendydagny's update from their lunch yesterday at Animal Kingdom's...

Yak and Yeti

First a pic of the decor...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"A squishy hug." :goodvibes

"Shared apps that we forgot to photograph first..."

[​IMG]

Thai Chili Chicken Wings - fried chicken wings tossed in a sweet Thai chili sauce, spicy Asian pickled cucumbers
    & Pork Pot Stickers with soy lime dipping sauce

"The pot stickers were delicious, just right amount of sear. The wings were ok. Kids liked the sweet and spicy sauce, but the quality of the actual meat wasn't awesome."

For her entree, Wendy had...

[​IMG]

Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce

"I always get this because the marinade on the steak is great, and it makes the rice super yummy. The shrimp were much much smaller than in the past. You can't really tell in the picture, but I thought they were puny when they came out."

Her DH chose for his entree...

[​IMG]

Tempura Shrimp - chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, stir fried vegetables

"I was not impressed with the kids meals. They were small, and not adventurous at all."

Her DS had...

[​IMG]

Kids Meal: Egg Roll, Brown Rice, & Apple sauce

[​IMG]

Kids meal:Vegetable Lo Mein, White Rice & Apple Sauce

"DD had the lo mein, which she declared very good."

"We shared a few orders of the wontons for dessert..."

[​IMG]

"We love this one, especially the warm pineapple. DD didn't really like the wonton part though."

"Then because we are crazy parents, we park hopped to Magic Kingdom at 10:15, which was really smart because the place was totally dead post fireworks."

They stopped for a treat at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special Flag Marshmallow Wand

3 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for decor pic, pic of kids, Big Top sign, patriotic snack

18. CaliBear

CaliBear DIS Veteran

That flag marshmallow is so cute! I don't think I have seen the tempura from Yak and Yeti until now. The shrimp do look small. Great update from DCA and Paradise Pier!

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Lisa (lisatav) and family had the last meal of their trip today at Downtown Disney's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm guessing this might be, Strawberry-asaurus Lemonade - a refreshing lemonade made with real strawberries

[​IMG]

Neanderthal New York Strip - Charbroiled certified Angus Beef New York strip steak topped with steak butter and served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables

"They made me cut it to see the color."

[​IMG]

Pteradactyl Salad - Roasted chicken, mixed greens, celery, tomatoes, Bleu cheese crumbles, chopped egg and bacon. Tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing (minus the egg, bleu cheese and bacon)

Then one last stop for snacks at...

Goofy's Candy Co.

First a display case pic...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Snacks are a red velvet cake pop and a create your own rice crispy treat with m&ms and milk chocolate."

4 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign, display case

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And since that was Lisa's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

lisatav's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 89

21. marshallsmommy

marshallsmommy Mouseketeer

So sad Rachel's pretzel dog was yucky after they talked about it on the Dis unplugged I wanted to try one. Same with the Boardwalk Bakery desserts they look so good, I guess I'll stick to cupcakes and popcorn in Dec............and that lobster roll for sure!