Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Rachel also reported on a couple of snacks she had yesterday while at Animal Kingdom.

The first was a beverage snack from...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frozen Chai Latte

"This was delicious for about half of it. Then I started feeling a little sick as milky things in the heat probably aren't the best idea even if it is frozen." ;)

"Also got the jalapeño cheese pretzel. Awesome as usual!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: stitchaholic :cheer2:

stitchaholic will be in Orlando from 7/8 - 7/16 and will be spending 3 days at Universal plus will be eating at some non-park Disney restaurants. She has volunteered again to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, stitchaholic!!! :cool1:

4. SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 DIS Veteran

Couchy - Just curious. What is in the glass in the middle of the truffle dessert?:confused3

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have DonaldDoleWhip's update from the...

Contemporary CL Lounge

He said, "Here are the Atrium Club breakfast offerings:"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Croissants (regular and multigrain)

[​IMG]

Cereal

[​IMG]

Steel-Cut Oatmeal

[​IMG]

Oatmeal toppings, including dried pineapple, banana chips, and brown sugar

"Before heading off to my morning destination, I prepared a bowl of oatmeal and fruit plate for my mom."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I enjoyed some strawberries, grapes, and a multigrain croissant. The croissant was interesting - it had a slight crunch and nutty flavor."

[​IMG]

5 July Game Points Earned

6. lhuggi1

lhuggi1 There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Starting At

love love love this thread!

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next updates were sent to us by dreamangelx.

First we have Uncle Boo...

[​IMG]

"Enjoying some nice refreshing coconut water."

Then we have an update from their dinner last night at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Uncle Boo had escargot and said it was delicious."

[​IMG]

"My son, mother and I had the salad for starters. While my son liked it I prefer my dressing on the side...it had entirely too much dressing."

[​IMG]

"DH had French onion soup and said it was absolutely delicious."

[​IMG]

"DD had the hamburger and only ate the bun and fries."

[​IMG]

"DS had chicken tenders and liked it."

[​IMG]

Vegetable lasagna zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta

"I had the vegetable lasagna and though it looks heavy it was actually nice and light...I liked it a lot."

[​IMG]

Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

"Uncle Boo had short ribs...he hated this."

[​IMG]

Sauteed scallops and shrimp served with gnocchis provencales

"My mother had shrimp and scallops and thought it was really good."

[​IMG]

Duck Breast and leg confit with cherries and sweet potatoes puree

"DH had the duck and said it was he best thing on the menu."

[​IMG]

Strawberry cake with red berry sauce and sorbet

"For dessert DH had strawberry cake and said it was just good."

[​IMG]

"Some of us had profiteroles and it was ok I thought, it was nothing special."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"DS had the sorbet of day, which was berry and mango, and enjoyed it."

[​IMG]

"DD had a cookie and enjoyed it but could not finish it."

"We picked these up in Mexico..."

[​IMG]

"The package says its hot and salted tamarind flavored candy. This got mixed reviews... My dad loved it but my son hated it. It tastes like salted pepper flavored fruit snacks and I wasn't a fan."

[​IMG]

"And neither was Boo."

5 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for name pic and pics of Boo and DMom

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in last night were some updates from keypooh90.

First one was from their dinner last night at the Art of Animation resort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My mom had the surf and surf burger with marinated cole slaw and chocolate gelato for dessert."

[​IMG]

"My mom said "The best burger on site. The cole slaw is different, fresh and crispy. The gelato is delicious and creamy."

[​IMG]

"I had the butter chicken with basmati rice, naan bread, and sides of acorn squash and spinach with paneer cheese and torrone (honey almond) gelato."

[​IMG]

She said, "This tastes like Boma, which I love. The naan was perfectly cooked, the butter chicken was tender with a good spice, and the squash tasted like thanksgiving. The spinach was cooked perfectly but needed a little salt. "

[​IMG]

"The torrone gelato is my favorite. I love the honey-almond combination."

"Then my mom and I had drinks Port Orleans Riverside.

[​IMG]

River Roost Lounge

[​IMG]

"She had the Godiva flight which was white chocolate, caramel, and original with infused strawberry. She loved all three but thought the white chocolate was the best."

[​IMG]

"I had the strawberry julep. This was refreshing, delicious and super strong! Perfect for a hot summer day."

[​IMG]

"Then for snack we shared two snack orders of macaroni and cheese from Sassagoula. We love this macaroni and cheese! It is super creamy and was a great snack!"

4 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and pics of keypooh

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then we received this cool update from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "This update isn't food-related at all, but there aren't a lot of water park pics around so I wanted to share these!"

[​IMG]

"I arrived at Blizzard Beach about 10 minutes before it opened. This gave me just enough time to rent a locker, apply some sunscreen, and join the crowd for rope drop."

[​IMG]

"Summit Plummet is the second-tallest and fastest free fall slide in the world. I love it, and I got to ride it twice before a line started building up."

[​IMG]

"There are lots of other slides in the park, but most of them are much milder. There's something for everyone here (including areas for toddlers and big kids/tweens)."

[​IMG]

"In comparison to Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool (which unleashes a massive wave every 90 seconds), the waves in Meltaway Bay are constant but gentler."

[​IMG]

"Blizzard Beach definitely has my approval!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"After riding Summit Plummet twice, chilling in Meltaway Bay, and taking these pictures, I left the park and headed to Typhoon Lagoon."

[​IMG]

"Blizzard Beach has taller and faster slides, but Typhoon Lagoon has its own major draws. The wave pool here is a destination in itself, and I spent a good amount of time in it."

[​IMG]

"Off in the distance is Mount Mayday, along with the three enclosed speed slides of Humunga Kowabunga."

[​IMG]

"Humunga Kowabunga's drop is only five stories (compared to Summit Plummet's 120 feet), but this ride is more thrilling to me because it's in the dark."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shark Reef

[​IMG]

Castaway Creek

"Another star attraction at Typhoon Lagoon is Crush n' Gusher."

[​IMG]

"Located in Hideaway Bay, this water coaster has an amazing theme. It's an abandoned fruit processing factory!"

[​IMG]

"There are three different slides - Pineapple Plunger, Coconut Crusher, and Banana Blaster. Last time I was here, the slide that allows single riders (Coconut Crusher) was down, but this time it was working so I got to ride it again!"

[​IMG]

"Bonus pic from Blizzard Beach - I've got my eye on that gator..." ;)

[​IMG]

10 Bonus Points for Water Park Reviews and pics of DDW :thumbsup2

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then after his water park adventures on Friday morning, DonaldDoleWhip had lunch with his mom at the Contemporary's...

[​IMG]

He said, "My most recent meals here have been great, but my mom's last experience here was a disappointing lunch two years ago. I was hoping this meal would show her what The Wave is truly capable of."

"Here's the full menu:"

[​IMG]

"If I were still eating beef, I'd definitely order the build-your-own burger!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"We both decided to start with the Summer Salad (Watermelon, Arugula, Feta, Pero Farms Peppers, and Blood Orange Vinaigrette)."

[​IMG]

"Just before we started eating, someone arrived at the table with some bacon, which was apparently supposed to be on top of the salad. We had no idea there was bacon on the salad in the first place (we wouldn't have wanted it), so this went untouched."

[​IMG]

"As for the salad, it was quite good, with the sweet watermelon and salty feta pairing well. That said, this salad was less interesting than last year's summer salad, and there was a bit too much dressing. Normally we both ask for dressing on the side to avoid this problem, but it had slipped our mind here."

"For my main, I chose another appetizer - the Sustainable Fish Tacos with Avocado Gelato. I really liked these over winter break and enjoyed them again. This time, they had a slight coconut flavor, and the avocado gelato was still amazingly creamy."

[​IMG]

"My mom got an entrée she's had before - the Mediterranean Tuna Salad. This was actually the highlight of our lunch here two years ago, but unfortunately it disappointed her this time. She felt that the greens were "drenched" in dressing. I had some and agreed."

[​IMG]

"The Wave can be hit-or-miss for us, and unfortunately this was more of a miss." :worried:

10 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And now for our final (and 32nd :eek:) update sent yesterday, we have Rachel (rachel09985) & Corey's three-part update from Downtown Disney.

Rachel said, "We did a split dinner again tonight. I had..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Went with the chicken Alfredo with peas and bacon. This was satisfying and hit the spot."

"Corey went to...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"And had the chicken tenders with fries."

"Then we went to..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"And had the peanut butter hot fudge sundae."

"Corey said the sundae was silly good. Haha. It was delicious. I love their hot fudge." :cloud9:

6 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for signs and menu

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Let's get started with today's updates now, beginning with our First Update of the Day sent to us this morning by Couchy.

Beach Club Marketplace

[​IMG]

She said, "Breakfast this morning was an egg, cheese, and bacon croissant with potato casserole for Wil.
    I had Chobani (no pic). Wil enjoyed this. He liked that the croissant was multigrain."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in this morning was the first update from a new reporter who arrived at Universal Studios today, Indy Denise.

She said, "We are at Islands of Adventure and we are drinking our breakfast. These are my kids Alex and Brandon drinking Butterbeer! Best stuff EVER!!!!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

Then later Denise sent this update from City Walk...

"At 1:00 p.m. we already did both parks! I love the onsite express pass! We cruised past one hour lines and walked right on.

So now it's...

[​IMG]

time!!!" :cool1:

[​IMG]

"And for me a Coors Light."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Cheeseburger in Paradise. Ah, this hit the spot. I have been craving a pickle!" ;)

[​IMG]

"Alex had the Pulled Pork sandwich."

[​IMG]

"Brandon ordered the Chicken Quesadilla."

"Everyone liked their food. Brandon wanted my pickle but no way!!!" ;)

4 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and pics of Brandon & Alex

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then sadly we received the final update from Wendydagny, as her trip came to an end yesterday. :sad1:

Polynesian Resort Room Service

Wendy said, "This was really easy. I'd be tempted to do this again instead of going out, except that the menu does not have the macadamia pancakes. :( We were busy packing up our mountain of stuff for the drive home though."

"The waiter came in and set it all up nicely on a table with a tablecloth."

[​IMG]

Pog Juice and Water

[​IMG]

Fruit Plate - fresh seasonal fruit served in a pineapple with banana nut bread

[​IMG]

Tonga Toast

[​IMG]

Kids Pancakes

"The quality of the food was exactly like in Kona so very good." :)

"My kids wanted to give you their final parting thoughts. They were really happy with almost everything we ate. No really negative experiences here, which was great."

"They ranked everything:

Favorite dinner-- Jiko (by a mile)

Favorite lunch- tie between Mama Melrose and 50's Prime Time Cafe

Favorite breakfast- Kona Cafe

Worst meal- Hollywood Brown Derby (mainly for poor service, but the kids meals there were also lacking)

Hope you enjoyed our reviews!"

"We are done and worn out!..."

[​IMG]

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for final thoughts and pic of DD

15. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And since that was Wendydagny's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Excellent Job!!! :thanks:

Wendydagny's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 130

16. TARAMEOW

TARAMEOW Mouseketeer

"Also got the jalapeño cheese pretzel. Awesome as usual!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER][/

I would love to try this. Are they spicy?

17. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: sock2you :cheer2:

[​IMG]

Melissa (sock2you), DH Steve, and DD Sophia (age 2)

sock2you - Melissa and family will be at Disneyland from 7/9 - 7/13 and has volunteered to do live updates for us! Also, this will be Sophia's first Disney trip! :thumbsup2

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Melissa & family!!! :cool1:

18. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Continuing now with updates sent in yesterday, of which there were only about 20. ;)

Next we have this travel update from a new reporter, SwirlyGirly.

She said, "We nearly missed our flight this morning! We made it but our bags didn't. :worried: So instead of sunbathing at the pool, we're stuck in MCO waiting for our luggage. We are at Home Team Sports."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My daughter is also enjoying a mint chocolate chip dairy free iced latte from Seattle's Best."

1 July Game Point Earned for travel update + 3 Bonus Points for menu and kids pics

19. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Is it just me or is the fact that you can get Tonga Toast from room service at the Poly just the most awesome thing ever :worship:

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have keypooh90's snack update from their breakfast yesterday morning at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"For a snack we are at Gaston's Tavern at New Fantasyland. We had the chocolate croissant, the cinnamon roll and one Lefou's brew. My mom and sister preferred the cinnamon roll to the croissant and both thought the cinnamon roll is improved from Main Street bakery. I however I thought the cinnamon roll was not nearly as good as the bakery. I really enjoyed Lefou's brew."

1 July Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and pics of keypooh & DSis

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Couchy then sent us this update from their lunch yesterday.

She said, "Guess where we had lunch????" ;)

:scratchin Hmmm...three guesses and the first two don't count. :lmao:

Hurricane Hanna's Bar

"It's Wil's birthday and I wanted to try something else but he loves the new bar at Hurricane Hanna's so once again that's where we ate."

[​IMG]

"I had the chicken salad with blue cheese and craisins. It was awesome."

[​IMG]

"Wil had the Bacon BBQ burger again. He says, "Don't mess with a good thing."

[​IMG]

"We also had a couple of b-day Hendricks."

5 July Game Points Earned