Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have Wendydagny's update from their lunch yesterday at DHS'...

[​IMG]

Wendy said, "We had the Fantasmic! package but actually had managed to see the show the night before. We were outside the cancellation window though, so we kept it even though I was very nervous about hating this." :worried:

"The kids had Minestrone Soup for their appetizer..."

[​IMG]

"They loved this."

[​IMG]

Crispy Calamari topped with grilled peppers and onions, served with dipping sauces

"DH had calamari, which was great quality. They loved the dipping sauce variety."

And Wendy had...

[​IMG]

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with marinated sweet onions, balsamic drizzle, basil-scented olive oil and fresh sweet basil

"Very nice flavors. DS said it was awesome."

Then for her entree, Wendy had...

[​IMG]

Chicken Penne alla Vodka with Pancetta and Sweet Onions finished with Tomato-Basil Sauce, Cream, Vodka, and Pecorino Romano

"Very, very good."

Her DH chose...

[​IMG]

Chicken Campanelle - wood-grilled chicken over Campanelle pasta tossed with four-cheese sauce with broccoflower, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach and sweet onions

"Very rich, but delicious. Huge portions!!"

[​IMG]

"DS had the Kids Spaghetti & Meatballs (already cut up). He cleaned his plate."

[​IMG]

"DD had the Kids Cheese Flatbread. Much better than yesterday."

"Both kids had the cupcake for dessert..."

[​IMG]

Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcake - a chocolate cupcake with "spaghetti" frosting and a chocolate "meatball" with a strawberry "marinara sauce" and white chocolate "cheese"

"DH and I got choose desserts. No platter."

[​IMG]

Her DH's choice: Chocolate Cannoli Cake - Chocolate Cake filled with Cannoli filling topped with Nutella Ganache and served with a Chianti red wine sauce

"He would have preferred plain old cannoli."

[​IMG]

Wendy's choice: Spumoni Gelato

"Delicious and very creamy."

"We absolutely loved this meal!!!" :thumbsup2

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name/menu pic

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Our next update was sent to us by keypooh90 from their lunch today at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She said, "I had the fish on a bun sandwich with cucumber and onion salad. This was delicious and is one of my favorite meals on property. The fish was very fresh and juicy."

[​IMG]

"My mom had the Reuben with cucumber and onion salad. She said "This is my second favorite Reuben on property. It is delicious!"

[​IMG]

"My sister had the hot dog (no chili) with a side of fries. She said "The hot dog was huge, tasty, and filling!"

"Our second snack today was at the glaces shop in France."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"My sister had the salted caramel ice cream in a cup. She said "the ice cream is very creamy but the salt taste is too heavy."

[​IMG]

"My mom and I shared the adult version: cherry and chocolate ice cream with epic whipped vodka. The flavors worked well together and the bottom was very strong: pure vodka!" :thumbsup2

6 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for ESPN sign, ice cream menu, pics of DSis and keypooh

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And now we have an update from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "We're finally here! And for the first time ever, I got a decent pic of the Welcome Gate."

[​IMG]

"Before heading to CR, we stopped at Yacht Club for breakfast."

[​IMG]

"I've always loved the globe in the lobby. David, the greeter, told me that this is what people thought the world looked like in 1651! It's amazing how accurate cartographers could be back then."

[​IMG]

"Breakfast was at Captain's Grille, but first, I rushed over to the International Gateway to renew my annual pass. Here are my pics from the walk."

[​IMG]

Yacht Club Hallway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I've never requested any particular characters or designs on my ticket, so this time I lucked out with Donald!"

[​IMG]

"Then it was back to Captain's Grille for breakfast!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breakfast menu

[​IMG]

"In spite of the other tempting options, we both went for the buffet. I took pictures of some of the more interesting buffet items."

[​IMG]

"The smoked salmon accompaniments are excellent."

[​IMG]

Baked Tomato Gratin and Warm Bread Pudding

[​IMG]

Egg Whites with Spinach, Onion, and Tomato

[​IMG]

Mickey Waffles...

[​IMG]

with Mickey Butter

And lots of sugary toppings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I don't know what's in the Frittata of the Day, but it looked very cheesy."

[​IMG]

"The roasted potatoes are topped with herb butter and caramelized onions. A chef told me that these are going to be replaced with a casserole-style potato dish in September."

[​IMG]

"My first plate had smoked salmon with accompaniments (capers, onion, and a lemon wedge), hard boiled eggs, tomato gratin, watermelon, grapefruit, and the egg white dish. For me, this was an absolutely perfect breakfast. The fruit tasted fresh, the salmon was excellent with the briny capers, and I enjoyed the garlicky flavor of the egg whites."

[​IMG]

"I actually got a second plate of food that was almost exactly the same! (The only difference is the fresh tomato, instead of tomato gratin.)"

"Two more photos from Captain's Grille. I love the nautical vibe here."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The current price of the buffet is $18.99 per adult before tax. Quite reasonable for a Disney TS buffet. Also, since today is a holiday, TIW isn't valid. Not a problem, but I'm glad our TS meal for the day was a relatively inexpensive one!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 13 Bonus Points for sign, menu, buffet pics, and misc. other pics

5. lisatav

lisatav Mouseketeer

Hi Barb, I sent you three emails today. Let me know if you got them or I'll resend. My phone has been all kinds of crazy today. Thanks!

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Also dining at the Yacht Club were Wendydagny & family when they had dinner last night at...

[​IMG]

"The kids had the Chicken Soup as an appetizer..."

[​IMG]

"Both said it was good but DD complained about the appetizers being the same everywhere."

"DH had the Shrimp Cocktail..."

[​IMG]

Shrimp Cocktail - fennel, chervil, Meyer lemon gel, house cocktail sauce

"He said it was the best he'd ever had."

"I had the cheese plate...

[​IMG]

"This was kind of miss. Two of the cheeses were very stinky, and one was so hard it was difficult to get bites off to eat. Accompaniments were ok, but mushroom stuff was weird."

"For entrees, DS had Kids Mac and Cheese, which was great."

[​IMG]

"DD had Kids Beef Skewers, which she said was just ok."

[​IMG]

Kids Beef Skewers with Mashed Potatoes and Vegetables

"She only ate like half of her food."

[​IMG]

8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon with Mashed Potatoes, and Cabernet Wine Sauce

"I had the filet. It was good but not as good as steaks earlier in the week at all."

"I had asked to sub the Mac 'n cheese as my side but the waiter misunderstood and brought it in addition, as subs aren't allowed any more."

[​IMG]

Truffle Mac & Cheese - Orecchiette Pasta and Reypenaer Cheese

"The taste of this was overpowering truffle flavor, I couldn't eat much of it."

[​IMG]

28-oz Porterhouse with roasted garlic butter

"DH had the Porterhouse, which he liked and ate most of. He subbed the potato gratin for his side but said mine were better."

"For dessert, both kids had Mickey puzzles...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had the Peanut Butter Pretzel Cake..."

[​IMG]

Peanut Butter and Pretzel Gianduja Cake with Salted Caramel Gelato and Liquid Ganache

"The cake was just ok, but the salted caramel gelato and peanut dust stuff under it was to die for."

"DH had the Lemon Blueberry dessert..."

[​IMG]

Lemon and Blueberry with Meyer Lemon Curd, Graham Cracker, and Meringue

"He loved this. I personally preferred the old version with the cake and blueberry shooter."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

That's about the halfway point of the 25 or so updates we have received today. So be sure to check back tomorrow for the rest. :thumbsup2

Good night everyone! :wave2:

8. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! :wave2:

My name is Cathy and I'm a July reporter! We will be at BC 7/13-7/22 and I'm thrilled to be a part of this thread. :yay:

Traveling with me is my DH and our three kids...DD13, DS12 and DD10. This is our 7th trip in the past 6 years.

We have many fabulous reservations planned for our trip including a Wishes Dessert Party. I can't wait to share our trip with you all!

Before we arrive, I have lots of :laundy: before we :drive: 18 hours straight thru from Chicago. When we arrive, I will be in desperate need of a :drinking1 and a :faint:

See you next week live from WDW! :wave:

9. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Some great updates today :goodvibes
    Love the look of the lemon dessert at YSH
    Love the look of Mr DDW's AP as well :thumbsup2

10. dreamangelx

dreamangelx Earning My Ears

Just sent my report! Ate @ the fountain @ the Dolphin last night.

11. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Looking forward to it Cathy!!

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Let's begin today by checking in with DonaldDoleWhip following his breakfast yesterday at the Captain's Grille.

He said, "From the Yacht Club, we got back on the road and headed to the MK Resort Area."

[​IMG]

"Soon enough, we could see CR in the distance!"

[​IMG]

"When we arrived, the lobby was extremely busy. Today was a great day to be staying Club Level, so we could bypass the crowds and head straight to the Atrium Club!"

"Once we got upstairs, I immediately began taking pictures of the lounge."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"The view from the lounge is awesome!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Food and beverage offerings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I tried the whole wheat chocolate chip cookie and really enjoyed it. I ended up having two more!"

[​IMG]

5 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for Lounge and Misc. pics

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Continuing with DonaldDoleWhip's update from the Contemporary Resort.

"We didn't have to wait at all for our room - we're in room 4848. It's all the way at the northern end of the building, as close to MK as possible."

"The rooms here have recently received a light refurbishment - I love the updates."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We had a towel elephant waiting in our room when we arrived."

[​IMG]

"My mom thanked our mousekeeper, Benny, for making it. A while later, she presented us with a second towel animal! My mom wants to keep both - they're adorable."

[​IMG]

"Club level has been a pleasure so far - the staff is so friendly. In addition to the magic from Benny, we had a great conversation with Mary from Brooklyn."

"As for our view, it's wonderful."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"New Fantasyland!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Monorail Teal is all decked out for Monsters University."

[​IMG]

Panoramic view:

[​IMG]

Grand Floridian

[​IMG]

"To be honest, I'm not a fan of the new DVC building. It looks oddly isolated from the rest of the resort, it overshadows the nearby Wedding Pavilion, and it's the reason why we lost a beautiful stretch of beach. Some DVC additions (VWL and BCV) blend in really well, but I'm skeptical about this one."

[​IMG]

"Here are a few extra photos from CR."

Grand Canyon Concourse

[​IMG]

Chef Mickey's

[​IMG]

Contempo Cafe

[​IMG]

"Wilderness Lodge, with Spaceship Earth, Swan, Dolphin, and Tower of Terror in the background."

[​IMG]

Bay Lake Tower

[​IMG]

Carpet design in the hallways:

[​IMG]

"You know you're Disney-obsessed when you see three abstract circles and think it's a Hidden Mickey."

[​IMG]

"Bonus pictures: a while ago, I turned away from my computer for a second and noticed a flash flood."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"A few seconds later, it had stopped completely. I guess that's Florida weather!"

[​IMG]

10 Bonus Points for Misc. CR Pics

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

One more update from DonaldDoleWhip, who sent pics of the Contemporary Resort's Room Service Menu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 Bonus Points for Menu Pics

15. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

I've usually sent my updates from the table, but if my phone battery is low, I wait until we are back at the hotel.

16. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in yesterday was JeannieKY's update from their dinner at DHS'...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I had the chicken sandwich and Allison had the burger, both good. I was able to get the chicken sandwich without the sauce. Allison had the mousse and I had..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"This was so good!"

5 July Game Points + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics, patriotic themed cupcake

17. Ginamarie

Ginamarie DIS Veteran

Loved seeing all of the pictures from the Yacht Club and the Contemporary! :)

18. CaliBear

CaliBear DIS Veteran

Great photos from DDW! I also really enjoyed seeing the 4th of July cupcake from JeannieKY. Was it good?

19. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

There has been discussion recently here on the thread regarding the new menu at the Pop Century Resort's....

Everything Pop

The following menu pics were sent to us by Rachel (rachel09985).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 Bonus Points for the new menu pics

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Now back to DonaldDoleWhip and pics of the Evening Offerings from the...

Contemporary Resort's CL Lounge

[​IMG]

Warm Selections

[​IMG]

Veggies and Lamb Rillettes

[​IMG]

A closer look at the Lamb Rillettes

[​IMG]

Cheese selection and PB&J

[​IMG]

Wine Offerings

"Here is my plate - a nice assortment of veggies and a piece of smoked tomato jam bruschetta."

[​IMG]

5 July Game Points Earned

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have Couchy's update from their dinner last night at Epcot's...

Via Napoli

Couchy said, "So we are boring. We were supposed to go to Mama Melrose but neither of us felt like going all the way to DHS so we stayed in Epcot and ate at Via Napoli again."

"This time we started with the..."

[​IMG]

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu

"It was very good, 8.5 out of 10."

"DH got something which was new to us..."

[​IMG]

Candele - candle stick pasta, sausage ragu, polpettine meatballs, mozzarella, ricotta

"We both thought it was very good. Loaded with lots of meat and cheese."

"I went with something lighter..."

[​IMG]

Pollo Insalate - chopped romaine, chicken, cucumber, peppers, toasted almonds, cantaloupe, and honey-citrus vinaigrette

"This was good, not great but good. I would not order it again because I did not think it was worth the $18 price tag. Now off to see some fireworks."

2 July Game Points Earned