• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come on Estoppel!!!!

We are still waiting for our sellers paperwork to be returned. The sellers emailed us that they mailed the docs on Tuesday. I called the Title agent today and they hadn't received the docs yet. I wasted $30 wiring our money last week : ( I asked what sort of timeline we're looking at once the docs are received and I was told it gets sent back to Disney one more time. I was confused didn't Disney just have our contract for ROFR and estoppel, why do they need it again and how long will this process take?!?!? The title agent said it was to ensure the seller didn't use any points and that all mtce fees were paid and it should only take 5-10 days. I still don't understand why Disney can't clear all these issues at once. They are painstakingly slow. Did everyone else go through this last step?

My broker told me that once they receive the seller's documents, my check and documents, they will close the property and send it off to be recorded. Then once it is recorded, it is sent to Disney to be transferred. I was told about 2 weeks for Disney to transfer the account and then another couple weeks for my points to be loaded and my account to be active so about a month.

Hope that helps Allison. Hang in there. We are all in this same slow boat.

My broker told me that once they receive the seller's documents, my check and documents, they will close the property and send it off to be recorded. Then once it is recorded, it is sent to Disney to be transferred. I was told about 2 weeks for Disney to transfer the account and then another couple weeks for my points to be loaded and my account to be active so about a month.

Hope that helps Allison. Hang in there. We are all in this same slow boat.
I was told the same as an may, but read on another thread that disney is taking a month to give member #'s now

Allison have you had an update from your RE agent? I just spoke with my title agency and they are just waiting for the seller's documents and then closing the property so it definitely is not normal to go back to Disney again after Estoppel.

Allison have you had an update from your RE agent? I just spoke with my title agency and they are just waiting for the seller's documents and then closing the property so it definitely is not normal to go back to Disney again after Estoppel.

Actually, one of the Title Companies used by several of the Real Estate Agencies makes it a practice to go back to Disney for one last point check before closing (or so I've been told).

Today I left a message for the title agent and said it is very important that I speak to her to clarify what happens after both parties return the closing docs. Rather then calling me back she talked to our RE agent today and told her she's ready to fire me as a client because she is annoyed with me and thinks I call too much. Meanwhile she's had our money for the 8 days and hasn't responded to a single one of my calls. She has a woman in her office call me back and she gets flustered and gives me conflicting information. I'm beginning to wonder if we're being scammed...

Actually, one of the Title Companies used by several of the Real Estate Agencies makes it a practice to go back to Disney for one last point check before closing (or so I've been told).
MouseyMin, Thanks for posting this, it makes me feel a little bit better.

Today I left a message for the title agent and said it is very important that I speak to her to clarify what happens after both parties return the closing docs. Rather then calling me back she talked to our RE agent today and told her she's ready to fire me as a client because she is annoyed with me and thinks I call too much. Meanwhile she's had our money for the 8 days and hasn't responded to a single one of my calls. She has a woman in her office call me back and she gets flustered and gives me conflicting information. I'm beginning to wonder if we're being scammed...

Wow. I am so floored and so sorry you are going through this. May I ask who the title agent is? You can PM me if you don't want to say here.

That's pointless. Issuing the estoppel locks up the contract so nothing can change. The estoppel is the last and final accounting of the contract, and nothing can change after it's issued.

There is no extra step. The deal is closed and recorded, and then sent to Disney to have the contract transferred to your account, and, if necessary, an account created for you. That will take about two weeks.

Last edited:
We are still waiting for our sellers paperwork to be returned. The sellers emailed us that they mailed the docs on Tuesday. I called the Title agent today and they hadn't received the docs yet. I wasted $30 wiring our money last week
I've seen the advice over and over, but there's just something about the closing paperwork that gets you in a hurry. There's really no need to wire the funds. I send the check in a First Class envelope. The seller has to go through too many steps for the time saved to be worthwhile.

I've seen the advice over and over, but there's just something about the closing paperwork that gets you in a hurry. There's really no need to wire the funds. I send the check in a First Class envelope. The seller has to go through too many steps for the time saved to be worthwhile.

That's what my agent told me too. She said I could send overnight, but honestly there was no point and priority was more than adequate since the sellers had so much to do to get their paperwork together.

That's what my agent told me too. She said I could send overnight, but honestly there was no point and priority was more than adequate since the sellers had so much to do to get their paperwork together.
The ironic part; "Priority Mail" used to be called "Second Class" mail. For letters, a simple stamp is quicker.

I mailed mine with a signature required (due to a Cashier's check in the contents), cost me $14 and it got there in 2-3 days.
Generally, sellers have to get things notarized etc, so the 2-3 days is more than sufficient to keep things on time (parallel activities with sellers, so no time lost).

I mailed mine priority from CA it got there in 2 days and cost me about $7 via USPS. The sellers' documents still haven't been received so I'm hoping for Monday.

I mailed mine with a signature required (due to a Cashier's check in the contents), cost me $14 and it got there in 2-3 days.
Generally, sellers have to get things notarized etc, so the 2-3 days is more than sufficient to keep things on time (parallel activities with sellers, so no time lost).
As a buyer did you have to get your docs notarized?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter