Come on Estoppel!!!!

Here is an update I just received regarding where the estoppel process is in regards to ROFR dates. I just checked in with my agent at *** and she said they just received estoppel information for ROFRs just prior to mine (4/20). So, hopefully sometime this week for my contract.

Here is an update I just received regarding where the estoppel process is in regards to ROFR dates. I just checked in with my agent at *** and she said they just received estoppel information for ROFRs just prior to mine (4/20). So, hopefully sometime this week for my contract.

That is nice to hear. I passed ROFR on 4/18 and my documents say I am supposed to close by today. I haven't heard a word from anyone yet. Based on all of the previous posts I assumed it would be this week or next. Perhaps we will have some joy by the end of the week! :eeyore:

Why do I feel like..... If we never call, or show an interest.... We will never hear anything or move forward ??

Our sellers docs were recd by the title agency today. I only know that because the seller was kind enough to provide a tracking number. The real estate agent and title company is still not responding to calls or emails. Now our contract goes back to disney for a fina verification rather then being recorded : (

Our sellers docs were recd by the title agency today. I only know that because the seller was kind enough to provide a tracking number. The real estate agent and title company is still not responding to calls or emails. Now our contract goes back to disney for a fina verification rather then being recorded : (
day 95 & possibly 30 more until we have a member number

That is nice to hear. I passed ROFR on 4/18 and my documents say I am supposed to close by today. I haven't heard a word from anyone yet. Based on all of the previous posts I assumed it would be this week or next. Perhaps we will have some joy by the end of the week! :eeyore:
Fingers crossed. Best of luck!

Buyers require a notary if there is a mortgage involved for purchase.
I'm pretty sure one the three title companies I used last year required a notary even though there was no mortgage. I think it's going to vary by title company, but, in general, a buyer shouldn't require a notary.

Who was your title company? Wondering why some title companies require the closing docs to be notarized.
Magic Vacation Title.
Let me also qualify that I was a buyer and not a seller and did not have to get anything notarized. I apologize if the question was about seller docs needing notarization (which is needed from what I understand).

Magic Vacation Title.
Let me also qualify that I was a buyer and not a seller and did not have to get anything notarized. I apologize if the question was about seller docs needing notarization (which is needed from what I understand).

Nope this helps me :) I'm also with Magic Vacation Title so I'm hoping I don't have to notarize either (I'm a buyer as well)

I don't understand why it has to go back to Disney?
Now that I've challenged the title agency about the contract going back to disney, I can't get an explanation. Last week I was told its a courtesy to the buyer. I dont want it, I just want to close and move on. The estoppel should have prevented any activity on the account.

Now that I've challenged the title agency about the contract going back to disney, I can't get an explanation. Last week I was told its a courtesy to the buyer. I dont want it, I just want to close and move on. The estoppel should have prevented any activity on the account.
Did the title company tell you that, or the broker? I found where you had listed your broker, and it looks like they simply have no experience dealing with DVC. I wonder if they're referring to the fact that the deed gets sent to Disney and you have to wait another two or three weeks for your credentials.

Really ? I passed on 4/7 , emailed my broker 7 days ago and he said that disney had received our batch and I shoukd hear in 1-2 days. That was 7 days ago?

Really ? I passed on 4/7 , emailed my broker 7 days ago and he said that disney had received our batch and I shoukd hear in 1-2 days. That was 7 days ago?
If you get your closing documents 1-2 days I think somebody dumped a bucked ot pixie dust on you...I hope it happens for you!

Did the title company tell you that, or the broker? I found where you had listed your broker, and it looks like they simply have no experience dealing with DVC. I wonder if they're referring to the fact that the deed gets sent to Disney and you have to wait another two or three weeks for your credentials.
The title agency told me it had to go back to Disney. I questioned why and then called the Real Estate agent our seller hired to see if she agreed. The real estate agent said that it didn't make sense for it to go back to Disney and said she'd call the title agency and straighten things out. That was last Thursday night. She then called my husband on Friday and told him it did have to go back to Disney and then after that we could close. She did not provide an explanation as to why. I'm pretty sure she called him because she realized I would demand answers and question why she changed her story. She also relayed the message that if I continue to call the title agency I will be fired as a client. So now they have all of our money (since Thursday the 7th) and I'm not allowed to communicate with them, not the best circumstances.

This is their website
http://www.timesharetitleandmore.com/index.html

Our mission is clear:
Provide our customers with experience, expertise and efficiency.
The best compliment you can give to us is referring our services to others.
Thank you for your continued trust!

Why choose Timeshare Title and More?
  • We give your transaction personal attention. Our personalized service gives you peace of mind that every time you call, a real live person answers your phone call. No machines, no phone directories to deal with. During normal business hours, our staff will answer your questions and help you through the process. Your call is important to us!

allison. 2 things:
1> So sorry to hear about your experience
2> WOW.......

I do hope things go smoother for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter