• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Come on Estoppel!!!!

I agree,over nighting is the way to go. We are hoping our docs will be here this week. We have 100 pts that need to be used by Sept. 30th.

Just got an update from our broker, won't have sellers documents until Friday, hopefully. Won't close until Monday or Tuesday. So even if we close on the 19th, chances are we won't have a DVC member number until June 2, but if you throw in the potential for things to backup AGAIN due to the Memorial Day holiday, we're looking at not being able to book until at the earliest June 5th. Which is 92 days from the start of all this mess. All depending on how slow Disney drags their feet with issuing a member number.

Or, I can back out of this deal, not sure if it's possible at this point??? Anybody know??

Can you tell I'm all out of patience????:headache::headache::headache:

Stay hopeful!

We're still waiting on our sellers. We returned our docs and wired the money on Thursday the 7th. Our buyers had a question about mtce fees and they called the title agent on Friday 5/8 but she wasn't in, so we had to wait until Monday for the sellers to get their answers. I was close to tears on Friday when I realized they weren't going to return the docs before the weekend. Our sellers went to the bank today to have the documents notarized. I didn't realize the sellers needed a notary, we didn't as buyers. They mailed the docs today, so I'm hoping by Thursday or Friday we can wrap this up. This process is excruciatingly slow! We're now on day 89.

Just got an update from our broker, won't have sellers documents until Friday, hopefully. Won't close until Monday or Tuesday. So even if we close on the 19th, chances are we won't have a DVC member number until June 2, but if you throw in the potential for things to backup AGAIN due to the Memorial Day holiday, we're looking at not being able to book until at the earliest June 5th. Which is 92 days from the start of all this mess. All depending on how slow Disney drags their feet with issuing a member number.

Or, I can back out of this deal, not sure if it's possible at this point??? Anybody know??

Hang in there! You're past the worst of it. It's not worth losing your deposit over when you have the end in sight!

Glad to finally see some movement for a few people. We passed Rofr on 4/18 so it sounds like we've still got a little while. Ugh :(

I'm right there with you!!! I was told 60 days for the entire process. We are past that point. I am ready to eat the deposit and call it a day.

Well it finally happened!!! got the Closing papers today!!! did all my paper work and money transfer , now on to the next stage see how long the seller takes.... I did all of this while living in Saudi so i Sure hope that the sellers are as promt:) Fingers crossed

Glad to finally see some movement for a few people. We passed Rofr on 4/18 so it sounds like we've still got a little while. Ugh :(

People need to realize going in that right now it is 75+ days from the time they send to ROFR, to points in the account ready to go. Mine is looking like ~80-82 right now as long as the points show up when expected. That is barring any problems. Anything below 75 days right now is abnormal, even when things go exactly right and without delays.

I'm right there with you!!! I was told 60 days for the entire process. We are past that point. I am ready to eat the deposit and call it a day.

It will be closer to 80-90, but since you're this far in, why not just finish? The reward at the end will make all the waiting seem like nothing once it's in your rearview mirror. I am just now finishing one resale purchase, have another in the ROFR wait, and another I just made an offer on. Yes, I love a challenge. :guilty:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels like bailing out! This is a true test of patience.

Received Closing Documents today!!!
38 days for ESTOPPEL for me!!!! Now on to closing!!!!! I'm excited again!!!! I hope the Sellers are prompt, they are in Canada so I hope so!

So happy for you Lakegirl!! Our patience will pay off -- literally :) Keep me posted on when you get your membership number, able to book etc :) Pixie dust all the way around for everyone still waiting! On to closing for us Lakegirl!

Trust me DisMom I'm in the same boat as I have banked points that have to be used by Feb 2016 and I'm cutting it close, but I figure this is the only time I will have to go through this and once I'm set up, even if I decide to add I'll be ok. The savings is well worth it. At least that's what I tell myself when I want to pull every head out of my head.

Congratulations to those who have been waiting for so long and finally received some good news :)!

Just heard the sellers are on a boat in the Caribbean till May 20th!!!!!ughghhg
Oh Good God. That bites.
If it is any consolation, you are VERY close. The savings you will have in a few more days will make this (in hindsight) WELL worth it. In the meantime, think of this whole process as a visual :snail: and see if that brings a smile to your face.

Oh Good God. That bites.
If it is any consolation, you are VERY close. The savings you will have in a few more days will make this (in hindsight) WELL worth it. In the meantime, think of this whole process as a visual :snail: and see if that brings a smile to your face.

Oh Lakegirl I completely agree with hopeful4fl that you are very close. Look at it this way, you can ship your documents, priority and they I'm sure will be back and doing the notarizing, etc and getting the documents back before you know it. That bites though.... home stretch. I'm still cheering you on and hopeful the sellers get their paperwork done lightning fast!

Thanks guys!!!! That helps. And the broker said they were very receptive to doing it all as soon as they get back. :yay::sail:

Can anyone confirm if I'm looking at the right Orange County Comptroller's webpage? It says "Documents Proofed through May 8, 2015".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter