Come on Estoppel!!!!

Lakegirl Here is my timeline so far

Offer accepted 3/3
Sent for ROFR 3/5
Passed 4/1
Closing Docs Received 5/12 waiting

Last edited:

Thank you Hogzilla! I will say that my broker and title agent have been extremely patient with me and on top of communication. I've been a huge ball of anxiety from the start of this process. Jamie (TSS) and Brenda (***) have been really open about where I've been in the process and quick to answer emails. Even when Jamie was out of the office, someone at TSS was there to answer my never ending list of questions.

Lakegirl: I'm sending pixie dust your way. I know we are in similar timelines.

TheMinnieFlounder99: Pixie dust your way, too.

I passed ROFR on 4/20 and am still waiting. I called the title agency today (***) and they said they are just now getting estoppel info from 4/1 ROFRs...apparently Disney is behind right now. I hope Disney picks up the pace, I have a fall vacation I am anxious to book!

They are running about 5-6 weeks right now Tarzan513. I am trying to book for the heaviest vacation period for DVC (Christmas) so I'm right there with you re: anxiety. Sending pixie dust your way.

They are running about 5-6 weeks right now Tarzan513. I am trying to book for the heaviest vacation period for DVC (Christmas) so I'm right there with you re: anxiety. Sending pixie dust your way.
Best of luck!

Make sure you keep us updated on your closing process and member #, and if you are able to book :)

I got my closing docs and heading to the bank to be notarized, draw a cashier's check and then to the post office to be overnighted. Phew! I definitely will Lakegirl!

I got my closing docs and heading to the bank to be notarized, draw a cashier's check and then to the post office to be overnighted. Phew! I definitely will Lakegirl!

Good Luck anmay27! I overnighted all my docs back and funds on 5/6, still haven't closed! Maybe we'll both be lucky this week!

Good Luck anmay27! I overnighted all my docs back and funds on 5/6, still haven't closed! Maybe we'll both be lucky this week!

Wow... seriously?? I am so sorry DisMom829. My backup plan is to take the kids out of school for a few days in January during the lower peak times in case Christmas doesn't work. I have to book before February to use the banked 2014 points. My patience is definitely being tested. Sending pixie dust your way!

I'm headed to the bank as well.....just got my docs. I'll provide a timeline later, but as a datapoint for others, I started estoppel on 4/7.

Final Update:

Submitted to Disney: 2/16/15
Passed ROFR: 3/12/15
Received Docs from closing agent after Estoppel: 4/10/15
All docs returned to closing agent: 4/16/15
Closed and appeared on Comptrollers site: 4/28/15
Member number available: 5/11/15
Points loaded and access to online portal with booking ability: 5/12/15

Overall, pretty close to 3 months from acceptance to booking ability.

And with that... goodbye thread, see you when I add on.

That's a common situation. There is no good reason to overnight your documents. You'll be waiting on the seller to get there documents in before you'll close, and they typically take longer.

Wow... seriously?? I am so sorry DisMom829. My backup plan is to take the kids out of school for a few days in January during the lower peak times in case Christmas doesn't work. I have to book before February to use the banked 2014 points. My patience is definitely being tested. Sending pixie dust your way!
Yes, seriously. I was hoping for a Nov DVC stay, doesn't look like that will happen. Have been checking into renting/transferring points, or waiting for the room only offers to come out.

That's a common situation. There is no good reason to overnight your documents. You'll be waiting on the seller to get there documents in before you'll close, and they typically take longer.
We overnighted to make sure everything was correct before my DH went out of town for work. He left 5/10. So I think that was a "good reason" to overnight. $15 vs peace of mind.

Just got an update from our broker, won't have sellers documents until Friday, hopefully. Won't close until Monday or Tuesday. So even if we close on the 19th, chances are we won't have a DVC member number until June 2, but if you throw in the potential for things to backup AGAIN due to the Memorial Day holiday, we're looking at not being able to book until at the earliest June 5th. Which is 92 days from the start of all this mess. All depending on how slow Disney drags their feet with issuing a member number.

Or, I can back out of this deal, not sure if it's possible at this point??? Anybody know??

Can you tell I'm all out of patience????:headache::headache::headache:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter