• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cm's suppose to stop group chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I travel abroad, I take extra care to respect the customs and accepted behavior of a particular region. I expect the same respect from foreigners who travel to the U.S.

This is an excellent point. When in Rome, right?

I studied International Business in college and we had quite a bit of cultural sensitivity training. Some of the things we were taught that offended people in other cultures were really surprising to me.

I would bet that many of these people in the tour groups have no idea that their behavior is offensive to some. From what I saw (and I saw many of them), they didn't seem like they were conveying, "I'll do what I please and to heck with everyone else." They seemed like nice, friendly young people who thought they were acting like they were supposed to act.

Maybe Disney could come up with a new tour: American Culture and Behavior at Theme Parks: A Magical Learning Experience (and give deep discounts for large tour groups).

Not enough to justify an adults only resort. Besides, many adults who visit without kids still want to stay in the other themed resorts. Building an adults only resort would not necessarily stop them from staying at Poly, GF, etc. I just don't think the numbers are there to justify a resort for such a small demographic.

I think you'd be shocked at how many adults only make trips to Disney.

Of course I'm aware that many adults enjoy Disney without kids. But as a percentage of visitors, I still believe it's small.

All adult group here that visit 5-6 weeks a year, some trips meeting others who are all adults. We often talk as we walk about how we think the adult groups are quickly becoming a substantial percentage of guests visiting ... and Disney recognizes that as well with all the grownup additions to Disney Springs, new bars, new dining spots, ever growing Food & Wine, increased ticketed events and tours that appeal to adults. I do not believe this demographic is small at all. If Disney were to open an adult only resort guarantee it will be booked solid, maybe even a waiting list. If it's a deluxe I am sure you will draw away from the other deluxe resorts.

Possibly, but like I said, my inlaws just cancelled their trip. They started planning last October for this September. The original plan was to cost them BR$12,000 = US $4800 at the time. As the dollar started rising, they held out hoping it would come down again before making their payments. It only went up. Now they needed BR $16,700 instead of 12K. Almost $5000 difference for them...plus spending money when they came here. Getting 28 cents to the dollar was not appealing.

But Ive seen promos for the UK that include free dining, 1/2 off tickets and room discount all rolled into one (instead of the one or the other that we get), so if Disney is interested in getting these tour groups back, then maybe they will start offering something really good (and Ill be thrilled because I have a residence there too :) )

your inlaws and their family are not the problem at all. I welcome international guests. it is these huge, unchaperoned tour groups. I have yet to hear of huge tour groups from the UK causing problems, being rude.

The "key" is these girls look at it as their ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE not just a "vacation" that can be cancelled!

They'll keep coming.:)
the families of these groups are wealthy and won't be affected. it's the nice families who will be affected.

I have a young family with only 1 child but I don't think I care about this that much that I would complain. These groups are at the happiest place on earth let them be

I have a young family with only 1 child but I don't think I care about this that much that I would complain. These groups are at the happiest place on earth let them be

you wouldn't care if you were trying to take your luggage from your car to your room and a huge groups was blocking the walkway. and refused to move aside, even after you nicely siad "excuse me" many times.?

you wouldn't care if you were in line at the food court and rude teenagers pushed you aside to get in front of you, and then
invieted" their 10 friends to get in line with them?

you wouldn't care if you had a couple loungers by the pool. got up to either fgo to the DSA or to refill your mug and returned to find all your things on the cement and your luongers pulled over to the huge group?

you wouldn't care if you were sitting in the DSA (where you are SUPPOSED TO) and the coach for a soccer group comes over to your husband and starts screaming at him (and me) to move because thety are practicing soccer there?

youwouldn't care if you have to wakde up at 6 am to drive, and the pool by your room is flooded with teens, screaming, chanting, palying soccer, bouncing the ball against your window?

you wouldn't care if the entire bus on the way to and from the resort was constatnly filled with screaming, chanting teens?

well then bless your little heart.

A lot of the adult dining and entertainment was/is created for locals, as well as a way to entice adults who may be on the fence about a Disney family vacation - mom and dad are more likely to commit if they can get a massage and play golf in addition to taking the kids to the parks. The fact that Disney has NOT opened an adults only resort speaks for itself. If they thought it would be lucrative they would do it.

Last edited:

Whether there should be adult resorts or not should be a new thread. This subject affects everyone, not just adults. We are a family and want to to get sleep at night and enjoy the parks too. How would an adult only resort help us with this large tour group situation?

We are planning our upcoming trip for January 2016, and I was toying with the idea of booking a value to save money. Am I to assume that the loud, rude groups only stay at value resorts? Are they mostly confined to Pop or do they leak into the all-stars too? Am I likely to have to deal with these groups at a moderate? Mama needs her sleep : )

We are planning our upcoming trip for January 2016, and I was toying with the idea of booking a value to save money. Am I to assume that the loud, rude groups only stay at value resorts? Are they mostly confined to Pop or do they leak into the all-stars too? Am I likely to have to deal with these groups at a moderate? Mama needs her sleep : )

I think they're only at values. I believe moderates are out of their price range.

I would go for a moderate ;)

I haven't had any issues at resorts. The biggest problem for me has been the old "make one kid wait in line until he gets to the front then 50-100 people join him at the last minute". Although to be fair, this hasn't happened to me in literally a decade. Though I typically only go in the off season. I've seen some groups on recent winter trips but haven't had to share a line with any of them.

you wouldn't care if you were trying to take your luggage from your car to your room and a huge groups was blocking the walkway. and refused to move aside, even after you nicely siad "excuse me" many times.? They will move eventually or get knocked into with the luggage

you wouldn't care if you were in line at the food court and rude teenagers pushed you aside to get in front of you, and then
invieted" their 10 friends to get in line with them? Not really I was a teenager once

you wouldn't care if you had a couple loungers by the pool. got up to either fgo to the DSA or to refill your mug and returned to find all your things on the cement and your luongers pulled over to the huge group? I do not know what DSA is but yes this would annoy me and I would go get my chair back politely at first...

you wouldn't care if you were sitting in the DSA (where you are SUPPOSED TO) and the coach for a soccer group comes over to your husband and starts screaming at him (and me) to move because thety are practicing soccer there? again not sure what DSA is but it doesn't sound like a practice field and if it was an adult coach we would have words

youwouldn't care if you have to wakde up at 6 am to drive, and the pool by your room is flooded with teens, screaming, chanting, palying soccer, bouncing the ball against your window? probably why I do not stay anywhere but my DVC resorts

you wouldn't care if the entire bus on the way to and from the resort was constatnly filled with screaming, chanting teens? This actually happened once and US ADULTS on the bus shut it down and the Bus Driver pulled over in order to assist.

THATS FUNNY

It sounds like you had an awful experience so I can understand why you are so passionate about this.

this sums up pretty much how I feel as well I just get on with my own day and pretty much ignore the groups.

you wouldn't care if you were trying to take your luggage from your car to your room and a huge groups was blocking the walkway. and refused to move aside, even after you nicely siad "excuse me" many times.?

invieted" their 10 friends to get in line with them?

you wouldn't care if you had a couple loungers by the pool. got up to either fgo to the DSA or to refill your mug and returned to find all your things on the cement and your luongers pulled over to the huge group?

you wouldn't care if you were sitting in the DSA (where you are SUPPOSED TO) and the coach for a soccer group comes over to your husband and starts screaming at him (and me) to move because thety are practicing soccer there?

youwouldn't care if you have to wakde up at 6 am to drive, and the pool by your room is flooded with teens, screaming, chanting, palying soccer, bouncing the ball against your window?

you wouldn't care if the entire bus on the way to and from the resort was constatnly filled with screaming, chanting teens?

This exactly. I hate to say it, but I think those who are saying "it's ok, let them be" have not experienced them at their worst. Yes, I have seen some groups well behaved, going about their business, but I have also dealt with the worst. Once we were heading to Test Track, just about to enter the line, when 1 teen pushed past us. Right after, as we were still outside, in line, heading into the building the rest of his group ( at least 20) shoved past, knocking over my 5 year old, & not even looking back. That was it. Me & my husband forcefully blocked the lane so no one else pushed past, as there were more coming We were jostled the rest of the wait by unhappy teens who could not join their friends, but oh well I now avoid them like the plague. Sorry

Pop Century,All-Star Resort,Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans all house Groups at times.

We've never witnessed Cast Members remotely trying to stop the Brazilian tour groups. They're the worst by far. The easiest way to avoid the chanting is to stay away during July and February and whenever the cheerleader groups are there.

This exactly. I hate to say it, but I think those who are saying "it's ok, let them be" have not experienced them at their worst. Yes, I have seen some groups well behaved, going about their business, but I have also dealt with the worst. Once we were heading to Test Track, just about to enter the line, when 1 teen pushed past us. Right after, as we were still outside, in line, heading into the building the rest of his group ( at least 20) shoved past, knocking over my 5 year old, & not even looking back. That was it. Me & my husband forcefully blocked the lane so no one else pushed past, as there were more coming We were jostled the rest of the wait by unhappy teens who could not join their friends, but oh well I now avoid them like the plague. Sorry

Big difference for me between that and chanting. The chanting wouldn't really bother me unless it was done during a show or attraction. Line jumping is a different story.

I still don't understand why this is such a big deal. As long as they aren't chanting during the middle of a show or something, who cares?

I still don't understand why this is such a big deal. As long as they aren't chanting during the middle of a show or something, who cares?

Sorry but I like some really find it annoying when we are waiting on line when they start their loud chanting, and clapping. Add that to the 50 or more that take up the whole path and make you get out of their way and the pile of backpacks all over the entrance to an attraction.. It all adds up. This July we just ran err walked the other way when we saw them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter