Cm's suppose to stop group chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps. the leaders, chaperones, etc. from some tour groupsare not actually adults, nor are they really chaperones. they are tour guides, not much older than the teens themselves. who are paid big bucks by parents to make sure the teens have a good time.

Clearly a change is needed here. A teen guide who is there to ensure these groups have a good time would have absolutely no incentive to enforce any of the no chanting/cutting/shoving/sitting wherever I want behaviors. Completely ineffective!

besides all the other problems at the resorts. (rude blocking on sidewalks, aisles, line chumping, loud chanting on the buses, soccer ablass banging against your window at 1 am these are all MY expereinces, NOT heresay. in July...
they DO throw your things off your pool lounger. not just a towel, but books, flip flops etc. and take your lounger. and even though some people may "find it hard to beleive" the Cms did nothing when I reported it.. oh yes, they told me that "saving pool loungers is not allowed" ????? we aren't allowed to go to the DSA to have a smoke? this really happened. they took our lounge chairs, and then looked at us when nothing was done about it and laughed at us. TRUTH

That is awful! They had the bad manners to toss you stuff and then laugh at you, truly disgusting. I hope you wrote an email to wdwguestcommunications, that's not ok!

Adults only resort would keep the chanting teenagers out, but it would also exclude families with children, so only group to benefit would be adults without kids. I'm guessing that group is too small a percentage of total visitors to justify the cost of a whole new resort.

I'm not sure I agree that the group would be considered too small. I think there are many people, even with children, that may enjoy the option of an adults only resort. It won't work for everyone, but I do believe it would appeal to enough.

You could make it adults and/or adults with children 5 and under. I don't believe I've seen any mob of 5 year olds stomping through the park, waving banners, and chanting. Apparently 5 year olds are better behaved than tweens.
Wait. My daughter is 6, could you make an exception :)

I have never seen or heard large group chanting. i have been in long lines when large or small groups have stated to sing DISNEY songs. No problem we start singing with then. We have even started the singing before. Unless it's in bad taste I say let them do it. It's not bothering anyone. I would rather hear a group chanting then some kid throwing a fit.

You mentioned this being similar to a sporting event in another post which is an apples to oranges comparison. At a sporting event, you have like minded fans with similar goals all cheering the same thing. One group rooting for one team and the other group rooting for the other team. That's not what's occurring with the Disney World chanting. It's just a small, rude, group of people living in their own world, behaving as if they're the only ones who matter, with complete and utter disregard for those around them.

Thank you for this! Just because you are not annoyed by yelling and cheering at a football game doesn't mean you will not be annoyed when people do it at church. Now WDW is not church, but it's not a football game, either.

You should be fine-IIRC a Super Greeter told me August 10 was the "end date" this year.:)
So happy to hear that! My trip starts the 15th!

My DD traveled to WDW with her high school band. They did stay off-site but the band director was a no-nonsense type guy. They were allowed to have groups no bigger than 8 while in the park. Had to check in frequently, and any mis-behavior, being late, staying up past curfew (yes! 11 pm!) they did have bed checks! If you broke one of the rules you got to clean the tour bus! I can only guess how many bags of trash were collected! If you caused any other problems you got to spend the day with the band director. Big fun!

I just think the Big Tour Groups just need to break down into no larger than 10. That way they don't disrupt the wait times for rides when 100 join a ride queue. If the shenanigans continue, although Disney does make money on the big groups, realistically the young kids probably don't spend as much money per person as a vacationing family would spend. I'm thinking if enough families, brides to be, couples etc started pulling travel, events etc. during tour group season Disney would see an overall drop in cash flow!

i have been in long lines when large or small groups have stated to sing DISNEY songs. No problem we start singing with then. We have even started the singing before. Unless it's in bad taste I say let them do it. It's not bothering anyone.

Wrong! It's not bothering you, but that's different than saying it's not bothering anyone. It wouldn't be one of the hottest perennial topics on this board if it wasn't bothering anyone.

Also, if you are starting singalongs in lines for rides, you are bothering some people. Just because your own cacophony drowns out the sound of eyes rolling doesn't mean it's not happening. The parks are already loud, they don't need more singing to make it worse.

I think there are many people, even with children, that may enjoy the option of an adults only resort.

I'm not sure I understand that statement. If they have children, then they wouldn't be adults only. If you mean that even parents may be interested in visiting without their kids, then my response is how many actually do it? Not enough to justify an adults only resort. Besides, many adults who visit without kids still want to stay in the other themed resorts. Building an adults only resort would not necessarily stop them from staying at Poly, GF, etc. I just don't think the numbers are there to justify a resort for such a small demographic.

I'm not sure I understand that statement. If they have children, then they wouldn't be adults only. If you mean that even parents may be interested in visiting without their kids, then my response is how many actually do it? Not enough to justify an adults only resort. Besides, many adults who visit without kids still want to stay in the other themed resorts. Building an adults only resort would not necessarily stop them from staying at Poly, GF, etc. I just don't think the numbers are there to justify a resort for such a small demographic.

Yes, that is what I meant, and I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

We just returned from 14 nights at WDW. We ran into the south American tour groups in every park. They were most definitely there! However, we saw a big improvement on their behavior over our trip 2 years ago. This year they were traveling in much smaller groups of about 15-20 rather than the 100 plus groups from before. We also heard zero chanting! That was a big improvement. The only time we were inconvenienced was when they all decided to drop their back packs outside of the line for Splash Mountain. I think there were about 500 backpacks just scattered on the ground. It made for a very treacherous trip.

Clearly a change is needed here. A teen guide who is there to ensure these groups have a good time would have absolutely no incentive to enforce any of the no chanting/cutting/shoving/sitting wherever I want behaviors. Completely ineffective!

That is awful! They had the bad manners to toss you stuff and then laugh at you, truly disgusting. I hope you wrote an email to wdwguestcommunications, that's not ok!

we finally had a manager in our room at 2 am. this was after reporting all the noise at the pool and the soccer balls bounding against our window numerous times. this was the evein a "suit" on a segway responded out our complaints by informing us that "it is latin month at WDW and they are OUR guests"
I don't care if the kids swim at night. I love night swims and of course they're going to talk.. they were all yelling etc. like I said. we had to get up at 6 am to leave. and drive. I heard one "caperone" complain to the security gurads that was finally making them clear the area since they wouldn't keep the noise down and the guard told her "I can see both sides" both sides????
so we finally had a manager come to our room and he took that one night off our bill. at 2 am. it depends on the CM. too many overlook things for the sake of the cash cow of these groups.
we were at all star music once during pop warner and there was a fight and disney kicked 2 whole teams and all their families out in the middle of the night.. so enforcment is possible. it's just a choice on disney's part who to enforce the rules with

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter