• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cm's suppose to stop group chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... they're awfully trusting of a country that beheads peaceful Canadian robots.

Look, just because you can't see the imminent end to humanity that lawbreaking robot was foreshadowing doesn't mean no one can. I take it that, when the robot apocalypse occurs, you'll be one of those bleeding hearts begging for someone to take a crowbar to a now-weaponized Roomba.

Just don't expect my help.

Look, just because you can't see the imminent end to humanity that lawbreaking robot was foreshadowing doesn't mean no one can. I take it that, when the robot apocalypse occurs, you'll be one of those bleeding hearts begging for someone to take a crowbar to a now-weaponized Roomba.

Just don't expect my help.
I had to discipline my roomba today after he insisted on trying to get under the recliner and kept trying to deep clean my cat's catnip toy. It does seem like he gets braver and more obstinate with each scheduled cleaning...

Oh dear. God. I'm glad I know. I'll have to remember to take an extra happy pill each morning. I tend to speak up when those things happen. lol. Thanks for the heads up!
I have not heard the chanting that everyone is referring to.
I am sensing "OBNOXIOUS"!:scared1::eek:

I had to discipline my roomba today after he insisted on trying to get under the recliner and kept trying to deep clean my cat's catnip toy. It does seem like he gets braver and more obstinate with each scheduled cleaning...

My cat would have done the "oh no you didnt" snap snap and that vac's junk.

As the dollar value rises, I expect there to be a reduction in groups. I know my own inlaws, from Brazil, just cancelled their trip as the $ value is now US $1: BR $3.50. Unless Disney will be offering some great deal for Brazilians, like they do for the UK, it will become more difficult to afford.

Complete and utter rubbish. This has nothing to do with cultural bias but has more to do with appropriate behavior in a public setting. Screaming, jumping, singing, chanting, raised voices are not appropriate in enclosed spaces in Disney World.

I've never been to Brazil (or Argentina) so I have no idea if this type of chanting/screaming/raised voices is the norm down there. But I can tell you that it isn't here in the US. When I travel abroad, I take extra care to respect the customs and accepted behavior of a particular region. I expect the same respect from foreigners who travel to the U.S.

You mentioned this being similar to a sporting event in another post which is an apples to oranges comparison. At a sporting event, you have like minded fans with similar goals all cheering the same thing. One group rooting for one team and the other group rooting for the other team. That's not what's occurring with the Disney World chanting. It's just a small, rude, group of people living in their own world, behaving as if they're the only ones who matter, with complete and utter disregard for those around them. It's about as rude as it can get and if my child behaved like that, they would no longer be traveling.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We just returned from 14 nights at WDW. We ran into the south American tour groups in every park. They were most definitely there! However, we saw a big improvement on their behavior over our trip 2 years ago. This year they were traveling in much smaller groups of about 15-20 rather than the 100 plus groups from before. We also heard zero chanting! That was a big improvement. The only time we were inconvenienced was when they all decided to drop their back packs outside of the line for Splash Mountain. I think there were about 500 backpacks just scattered on the ground. It made for a very treacherous trip.

I can't believe Disney allows this practice - it's a security and safety risk. My DH said when a person falls and trips and breaks something over these backpacks and they sue Disney - you'll bet they stop these groups from leaving a mountain of backpacks wherever they want!!

Hope someone from Disney is reading this thread - clearly this is an issue that is pissing off a lot of loyal customers. You cant let these tour groups make their own rules - you going to alienate a lot of other customers.

I'm not sure I understand that statement. If they have children, then they wouldn't be adults only. If you mean that even parents may be interested in visiting without their kids, then my response is how many actually do it? Not enough to justify an adults only resort. Besides, many adults who visit without kids still want to stay in the other themed resorts. Building an adults only resort would not necessarily stop them from staying at Poly, GF, etc. I just don't think the numbers are there to justify a resort for such a small demographic.
I think you'd be shocked at how many adults only make trips to Disney.

The problem isn't children or teens, it's unsupervision. They should have rules in place
Adults only resort would keep the chanting teenagers out, but it would also exclude families with children, so only group to benefit would be adults without kids. I'm guessing that group is too small a percentage of total visitors to justify the cost of a whole new resort.
These groups are a problem for families too. My ds is 14 and we have purposely booked AoA to avoid these groups.

As the dollar value rises, I expect there to be a reduction in groups. I know my own inlaws, from Brazil, just cancelled their trip as the $ value is now US $1: BR $3.50. Unless Disney will be offering some great deal for Brazilians, like they do for the UK, it will become more difficult to afford.
Yes, Brazil is on the imminent cusp of a major recession.

Our family started out traveling to WDW when the girls were 3 & 5 we go fairly often. As they've gotten older they're still very big Disney fans. Now we've gained a son-in-law and all 5 of us are planning a big trip together! In a few short weeks my DH and I will be dropping our DD off for the DCP and he and I will be touring the parks! I say HANDS UP for an adult-only resort!

Just try to imagine.... quiet, nice dinners, a pool without yelling, splashing or being hit by a ball, no strollers, crying at the bus..... sigh.... ah to dream....

The poor exchange rate was really a "hot topic" with the Super Greeters and the Tour Group members I talked to on my trip-it was really "tough" for the Groups to come this year.

However,I don't see a huge reduction in trips by The Fifteens to WDW-it is a HUGE thing for them-a ONCE IN A LIFETIME(they only turn 15 once) trip.

I could see them cancelling other "parts" of their trips that many,but not all, currently do in addition to WDW such as NYC and Miami and maybe also eliminating Busch Gardens,UOR,etc.

They'll continue to come to WDW in large numbers IMHO.

I say HANDS UP for an adult-only resort!

Just try to imagine.... quiet, nice dinners, a pool without yelling, splashing or being hit by a ball, no strollers, crying at the bus..... sigh.... ah to dream....

Oh, my!

I'm seventy-two. Do you suppose they could break ground tomorrow ... :)

Last edited:
Let's add this to the list of "common sense things cast members need to police" - such as keeping the tour groups from also trying to enter the parade route roughly 30 seconds before the parade starts.

The poor exchange rate was really a "hot topic" with the Super Greeters and the Tour Group members I talked to on my trip-it was really "tough" for the Groups to come this year.

However,I don't see a huge reduction in trips by The Fifteens to WDW-it is a HUGE thing for them-a ONCE IN A LIFETIME(they only turn 15 once) trip.

I could see them cancelling other "parts" of their trips that many,but not all, currently do in addition to WDW such as NYC and Miami and maybe also eliminating Busch Gardens,UOR,etc.

They'll continue to come to WDW in large numbers IMHO.

Possibly, but like I said, my inlaws just cancelled their trip. They started planning last October for this September. The original plan was to cost them BR$12,000 = US $4800 at the time. As the dollar started rising, they held out hoping it would come down again before making their payments. It only went up. Now they needed BR $16,700 instead of 12K. Almost $5000 difference for them...plus spending money when they came here. Getting 28 cents to the dollar was not appealing.

But Ive seen promos for the UK that include free dining, 1/2 off tickets and room discount all rolled into one (instead of the one or the other that we get), so if Disney is interested in getting these tour groups back, then maybe they will start offering something really good (and Ill be thrilled because I have a residence there too :) )

Possibly, but like I said, my inlaws just cancelled their trip. They started planning last October for this September. The original plan was to cost them BR$12,000 = US $4800 at the time. As the dollar started rising, they held out hoping it would come down again before making their payments. It only went up. Now they needed BR $16,700 instead of 12K. Almost $5000 difference for them...plus spending money when they came here. Getting 28 cents to the dollar was not appealing.

But Ive seen promos for the UK that include free dining, 1/2 off tickets and room discount all rolled into one (instead of the one or the other that we get), so if Disney is interested in getting these tour groups back, then maybe they will start offering something really good (and Ill be thrilled because I have a residence there too :) )
The "key" is these girls look at it as their ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE not just a "vacation" that can be cancelled!

They'll keep coming.:)

I think you'd be shocked at how many adults only make trips to Disney.

Of course I'm aware that many adults enjoy Disney without kids. But as a percentage of visitors, I still believe it's small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter