CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just send our thoughts and prayers and stop debating if it should be discussed? Not everything has to be turned into a debate, this is one of those times.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved and I hope she is found soon. :(

We are on this cruise now and have made our ports as scheduled. There have been several shipwide announcements about the situation, as they had to broadcast to all about the cabin inspection. So, naturally everyone is very interested in any news. One poster mentioned youth activities, but we heard a different position for the CM, so not sure which is correct. I don't thinks this is someone we recall meeting this time. They did announce her name on the PA of course when they were first looking. I hear different things from guests, but have not, and won't ask a crew member. We heard that the "suits" are here on board now with others, and in my view, this cannot be good. We will wait for the official news though.

Has there even been any sort of 'official' confirmation that someone actually IS missing? It seems odd to me that DCL would want this kept 'quiet' if, in fact, they are looking for someone. As a PP said, typically when someone is missing, officials use all resources possible to find them. I just wonder what the real story is and if perhaps this is being blown out of proportion. ?? For something to have happened 2 days ago, and no press release makes me wonder. I suppose we need to just keep our ears open to news reports and hope everything is ok.

We are on this cruise now and have made our ports as scheduled. There have been several shipwide announcements about the situation, as they had to broadcast to all about the cabin inspection. So, naturally everyone is very interested in any news. One poster mentioned youth activities, but we heard a different position for the CM, so not sure which is correct. I don't thinks this is someone we recall meeting this time. They did announce her name on the PA of course when they were first looking. I hear different things from guests, but have not, and won't ask a crew member. We heard that the "suits" are here on board now with others, and in my view, this cannot be good. We will wait for the official news though.

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Our thoughts are with everyone on the ship.

Has there even been any sort of 'official' confirmation that someone actually IS missing? It seems odd to me that DCL would want this kept 'quiet' if, in fact, they are looking for someone. As a PP said, typically when someone is missing, officials use all resources possible to find them. I just wonder what the real story is and if perhaps this is being blown out of proportion. ?? For something to have happened 2 days ago, and no press release makes me wonder. I suppose we need to just keep our ears open to news reports and hope everything is ok.

Well their grief is real, I will tell you that. It isn't blown out of proportion..she is missing and she is someone's daughter and many persons friend, including my niece's. She is TRULY missing and that is the true fact. DCL hasn't announced it because it isn't anyone's business right now!!! It isn't news because they have nothing to report other than that she is missing!! That is the REAL story.

Please mods, at the request of crew members, please close this thread. Do we really want this thread to become a debate or a place where DCL crew members need to see their grief turned into this??? Out of proportion?? For real??????

That definitely answers my question about confirmation of the missing CM...still odd that DCL is keeping the annoucements, etc. on the ship instead of releasing anything to the press. They are usually very good about keeping the public informed. Keeping positive thoughts out there for all involved...

Geez. What I mean by 'out of proportion' is that there has been nothing on the news about the fact that anyone is missing. Any/all information the general public has gotten has been from unofficial reports from people on the ship. When people start speculating, that's what 'gets out of proportion'....whether something bad happened, or she left at her own will, or whatever....people assuming the worse, etc. is what's blown out of proportion....not the fact that she's missing and we know nothing else. I feel horrible and continue to hope for the best. This is not a debate, but simply sharing thoughts and feelings. Emotions are running high because of the unknown.

There is no reason to leave it at that. When someone disappears from a cruise ship and it becomes known, it's news. Also if any of the CM's involved are actually reading these boards and affected by these posts, wouldn't they post a message here themselves?

as a disney wonder youth activites crew member, and friend of the missing girl. THIS BOTHERS ME. the prayers and thoughts are appreciated, but the questions and speculations are not. this is a horrible situation. other crew members want this down because right now this is all just horrible gossip. so please, out of respect for the missing crew member, the entire disney wonder crew and her family, please keep this as well wishing and prayers, and not hurtful gossip. thank you.

That definitely answers my question about confirmation of the missing CM...still odd that DCL is keeping the annoucements, etc. on the ship instead of releasing anything to the press. They are usually very good about keeping the public informed. Keeping positive thoughts out there for all involved...

The simple answer, is that any information regarding what may or may not have happened, with regards to the family, should come from DCL to the family,with facts, and not some talking head on tv. This is not a case of someone turning up missing on land, where millions of eyes can look for someone. If anyone is still not sure on what I mean, feel free to pm me on the issue, as unfortunately, I deal with situations like this on a regular basis.

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with those of the Wonders crew, and her family.

I was eating breakfast on the Wonder the morning the tsunami hit Japan and the staff was expected to continue their usual duties and remain positive, all the while many were unsure if their own family members has been affected. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the staff to maintain their positive spirit in the face of all this. My prayers go out to everyone aboard the Wonder. You made our trip one we will never soon forgot.

Can we remove this thread? Although the kind words are appreciated, it is really nobodys business what is going on with this right now. The Cast is doing their best to stay strong in this situation, and having guests speculate about what is happening is not needed.

Uh -it is news.

How are words on a message board going to make you weak?

This is news just like anyone else missing.

Hoping for a positive outcome.

The simple answer, is that any information regarding what may or may not have happened, with regards to the family, should come from DCL to the family,with facts, and not some talking head on tv. This is not a case of someone turning up missing on land, where millions of eyes can look for someone. If anyone is still not sure on what I mean, feel free to pm me on the issue, as unfortunately, I deal with situations like this on a regular basis.

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with those of the Wonders crew, and her family.

I could not agree with you more Truck!

My prayers go out to the family and crew members of thwe Wonder!

AKK

Well their grief is real, I will tell you that. It isn't blown out of proportion..she is missing and she is someone's daughter and many persons friend, including my niece's. She is TRULY missing and that is the true fact. DCL hasn't announced it because it isn't anyone's business right now!!! It isn't news because they have nothing to report other than that she is missing!! That is the REAL story.

Please mods, at the request of crew members, please close this thread. Do we really want this thread to become a debate or a place where DCL crew members need to see their grief turned into this??? Out of proportion?? For real??????

sorry but when someone is missing the best thing you can do is have as many people you know searching and at least have their photo out there so people know to look....it really isn't something you keep under wraps.

Prayers that the cm is found safe and soon...

private matter? A person missing in international waters on a cruise is private matter? This means all news sites like cnn.com should be shut down as its reporting killings and murders around the world.

An explanation concerning this being a "private matter" is posted on cruise junkie. The unconfirmed post indicates that this MOB situation was a voluntary, intentional act by the CM who is missing. If true, it would explain why this is less "newsworthy" and more "private."

I understand that the Wonder, like most modern cruise ships, is equipped with 24/7 cameras on the outer decks to monitor MOB situations. DCL may very well be reviewing those recordings for confirmation.

Sad, if true, no matter what the circumstances.

A missing person should never be a 'private matter'. Insane! It sounds like Disney is trying to cover its tracks and hide the fact from folks that they are just like any other cruise line.

I am sure DCL has this under control. I will respect however they cover the matter as their crew is like family. I am sure everything will turn out just fine. Do companies "cover-up" to protect their company name? Oh For Sure; but I am sure DCL will do everything appropiate to see after their own.

So prayers to her family and friends; no matter what the situation; as them worrying is enough to pray for.

Yes many of us feel AS IF we know the CM personally (the same way people feel they know their medical provider), but know the people who really know her will take care of the situation.

PIXIE DUST to all of the Crew and Family. Bahumbug to the :stir:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter