CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask everybody to hold off making assumptions about what has happened here. There are quite a few possibilities - both tragic and 'not so bad'. Don't just assume that it is a MOB as it might not be.

It is an awful situation for friends and family to be in and needless to say my thoughts are with them.

In searching for possible news related to this story I came across the site that tracks reports of passengers and crew overboard (www.cruisejunkie.com I think). They currently have 6 instances listed for 2011, with 2 each month for the first 3 months of the year. The two incidents reported in March are both crew overboard.

cruisejunkie is a very informative site....been visiting it for years.....it really is amazing what can and does go wrong on cruise ships. I think everyone should visit the site once in awhile and realize that things can happen anywhere to anyone, even while vacation. We don't like to think these things can happen but they do and we all should be prepared.

MJ

Hoping the missing CM is located soon - I can't imagine how difficult this is for her colleagues.

My prayers go out to all involved. I think I am naive, are there not cameras everywhere on the ships?

How can this not be in the news? Seems like every time a person goes missing from a ship, it's been covered fairly well in the news. I can't find anything about this supposed incident.

Prayers for the Cast Member, Crew and family.

We were on the Wonder in December and used both the nursery for DS1 & Club/Lab for DS7. The cast members were top notch and our kids loved them.

My niece, a crew member of the Wonder, has talked to several of her crew friends and they have asked me to post this message....

"Its nice to hear these kind words from everyone, but I think it would be best for the cast members and family involved that this thread be closed. This is a private matter for these people and does not need this sort of attention. The Company is doing everything they can for the parties involved. Thank you for your consideration."

Moderators, do what you wish with this....but I think if these are their wishes, we should do something about that.

How can a missing person be a 'private matter?' Obviously, there is more to this story if it hasn't made the news or anything yet. Missing people, especially from cruise ships, are news-worthy. Something seems fishy to me.

I certainly do not want to turn this thread into a debate. I don't think there is anything wrong with a group of people offering prayers to the CM's and families involved. When we've had tragic things happen, we took prayers from anyone that wanted to offer them...and we've had them offered from people on the Dis before too. I know for my family, we cruise enough on DCL that we feel very close to many of the CM's. We've even been in touch with a few of them since this incident has happened. None of them seem to have a problem with people offering prayers and support.

Like I said, it would be horrible for this thread turned into a debate. I also do not think that people should speculate about what happened, but do keep everyone involved in your thoughts and prayers.

Jess

It is a private matter because there are hundreds of crew members who have to still do their job while grieving and because the family still has no official news. Really, we have no other information other than that she is missing. Can we just leave it at that for now until we have something more?

I agree, this does not need to turn into a debate! This is indeed a personal matter for the person involve and their family, however seeing as we have no name or what happened, i don't see anything wrong with people reaching out to show their support. I do wish and pray for the best of what is going on, on the wonder, and with what we know, all we can do is pray. The situation may not be as bad as people are assuming. My heart goes out to all the people having to go through the worrying and concern.

Lets all remember though was assume does!

Generally speaking, when any person goes missing, law enforcement uses every possible channel to GET people talking about it, goes to the media, and places Amber alerts, billboards, etc. The more people looking, the more information exchanged, the better. JMO.

It is a private matter because there are hundreds of crew members who have to still do their job while grieving and because the family still has no official news. Really, we have no other information other than that she is missing. Can we just leave it at that for now until we have something more?

OK, but I don't understand how a thread that has people sending out thoughts and prayers to this girl's family is in any way hindering the job of the crew members?

Why does this thread need to be closed for the CM's to do their job? Many people on this board have sailed on the Wonder and used the youth program. Maybe this girl was someone who made their kid's experience a great one. Maybe they had more than one conversation with her. We don't know her name, but we certainly can be concerned and we should certainly be allowed to discuss this. An adult woman going missing on a ship at sea is very distrubing. It's only natural that people will try to speculate what happened, especially in a case where very little info is being given out.

There is no reason to leave it at that. When someone disappears from a cruise ship and it becomes known, it's news. Also if any of the CM's involved are actually reading these boards and affected by these posts, wouldn't they post a message here themselves?

My thoughts and prayers are with the CM and her family and the entire Wonder crew. I'm sure this is difficult.

I don't see how this is any different from threads about people injured (or worse) at one of the parks, such as when the CM was killed in the monorail accident. It is news. It is a possible safety issue. Seems relevant to me, so long as we can all be adult about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter