CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just chatting on Facebook with a friend from High School who used to be a CM on the Wonder. Disney is keeping it under wraps and has not announced it yet. They are considering it a Man Over Board situation. I know the specific CM position but due to respect for the family and until Disney releases anything I will not post any further information.

My BIL and SIL worked on the Wonder for years. I can't even imagine! Will definitely be thinking of her.

Wow, that is so sad. How often do cruise ships have a "man overboard" I wonder.

Other than those that are intentional, it is very rare. The modern ships are designed to be very safe with railings/plexiglass, etc. almost everywhere that would prevent someone from going off the side.

No safety design will prevent a drunken idiot on Carnival from jumping off his balcony.

In searching for possible news related to this story I came across the site that tracks reports of passengers and crew overboard (www.cruisejunkie.com I think). They currently have 6 instances listed for 2011, with 2 each month for the first 3 months of the year. The two incidents reported in March are both crew overboard.

Oh my! So so sad! We were just on the Wonder a few weeks ago and it makes me sad to think that someone went missing! :sad1:

Wow, this is awful! We are getting ready to get on the Wonder Sunday, I hope and pray they find her onboard, or in one of the ports. Maybe she missed the ship? :confused3:sad1: I know the Moderator asked he question, was she missing from the port, or found to be missing while at sea? I hope someone can answer that. We'll pray hard for her safety.

Can we remove this thread? Although the kind words are appreciated, it is really nobodys business what is going on with this right now. The Cast is doing their best to stay strong in this situation, and having guests speculate about what is happening is not needed.

That is scary!! I hope they find her and she is fine.... Hopefully someone gets more info..... I definately pray for her safety; but I also can't help but think if someone snatched her up on the boat a child could have been snatched up also... Wow, looking in the staterooms- making sure someone hadn't kidnapped her.... very scary... I hope to hear the outcome of this...

The searching of all cabins is normal procedure when anyone goes missing onboard ship nothing to do with kidnapping.

Saw a post on my friends (former Magic YA counsellor) facebok status. Hoping for a positive outcome for the lady in question and for her family.

Mel
x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!