CM missing from Wonder 03/22/11??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBlair

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where the Wonder was yesterday, Tuesday, 03/22/11?

A friend of mine's sister in law is on the Wonder now and text my friend yesterday saying a CM was missing. They paged her 3 times and then announced they would be searching all cabins. She doesn't know anything else and didn't know if they were in port or at sea. Does anyone know anything more?

Please visit this thread regarding the candle lighting for Rebecca on Sunday, April 3rd.

A candle burns in AZ for Rebecca, the Coriam family, and Rebecca's DCL family. We pray for your comfort and peace.
photo.jpg

don't know anything more, but this helps with what I read on my friends status about prays and thoughts going to Disney Wonder Crew.

They were at Sea.

3/18 - Port of LA
3/19 - @ Sea
3/20 - @ Sea
3/21 - Puerto Vallarta
3/22 - Mazatlan
3/23 - Cabo
3/24 - @ Sea
3/25 - back in LA

Are you sure? The ship would have sailed 03/20 and your dates start 03/18. :confused3 Also, I understood DCL canceled all spring stops to Mazatlan?

don't know anything more, but this helps with what I read on my friends status about prays and thoughts going to Disney Wonder Crew.

I saw this status too. I came here hoping to find out what was going on and praying for a good update.

Jess

I saw this status too. I came here hoping to find out what was going on and praying for a good update.

Jess

well might not have been the same status I saw, but we pretty much did the same thing. I saw the status last night actually

I am on the Wonder right now. We are in Puerta Vallarta after being at sea for two dalys. A female crew member from youth programs is missing. They paged her twice to call the captain and then conducted a ship wide search including all staterooms. She has not been found. The crew is understandably very upset.

This makes me feel very sad and sick. We were just on the Wonder two weeks ago and were in and out of the clubs many times everyday. Does "youth programs" mean teen/tween or does it include the kids club too? I assume it does.

Are you sure? The ship would have sailed 03/20 and your dates start 03/18. :confused3 Also, I understood DCL canceled all spring stops to Mazatlan?

Nope, took the first itinerary Google provided...

Now the 7 night itinerary listed on the DIS shows.
Sunday - Los Angeles
Monday - At Sea
Tuesday - At Sea
Wednesday - Puerto Vallarta
Thursday - Mazatlan (Cabo San Lucas on the 1/23 - 4/17 sailings)
Friday - Cabo San Lucas
Saturday - At Sea
Sunday - Los Angeles

So my dates were off and Mazatlan was replaced by Cabo.

According to http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?datasource=ITINERARIES&MMSI=308457000 they were at sea on the 21st which was the last record.

My goodness, I sincerely hope she is found safe and sound. My kids loved all the people in The Club/Lab/Edge, this news makes me very sad.

That is scary!! I hope they find her and she is fine.... Hopefully someone gets more info..... I definately pray for her safety; but I also can't help but think if someone snatched her up on the boat a child could have been snatched up also... Wow, looking in the staterooms- making sure someone hadn't kidnapped her.... very scary... I hope to hear the outcome of this...

wife just told me about this..so sad ..i was on wonder too 2 weeks back and must have seen her checking in / out of oceanees club.. :(

OP

can you change title? Its so non descriptive ..

This breaks my heart....I hope she is found safe and sound....does anybody know if she was in port and did not return or missing from onboard the ship? Very sad and strange.

MJ

This makes me feel very sad and sick. We were just on the Wonder two weeks ago and were in and out of the clubs many times everyday. Does "youth programs" mean teen/tween or does it include the kids club too? I assume it does.

Yes. All of the counselors belong to the same "group" They can float from 1 age group to another,though generally stay with 1 group.

Wow, so very sad. We spent 2 weeks on the Wonder in January on the PC cruise and having 2 children, got to "know" most of the counselors in the kids clubs. Hope she is found safe and sound!

This breaks my heart....I hope she is found safe and sound....does anybody know if she was in port and did not return or missing from onboard the ship? Very sad and strange.

MJ

My prayers are with the family of the missing CM.
I'll be on the Wonder on May 17th. Hope they find her safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter