(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
They now sell the same mug design which is being sold the other resort counter service locations.

Thank you :)

Just my luck, I was really hoping that they had different ones. We stayed at All Star Sports last year and the new ones while a little different are still similar. I was hoping for something different.

Thank you :)

Just my luck, I was really hoping that they had different ones. We stayed at *** last year and the new ones while a little different are still similar. I was hoping for something different.

i'm guessing you stayed at All Star Sports :)

they language sensor doesn't like the short form

I haven't seen this in the thread - sorry if I missed it.

Are the mugs transferrable? Sorry, I don't know how else to word that. What I mean is, we are on the DxDP, and we would not use a mug for each of us. (There are no juices or milk for DS at the BC if I remember correctly, and we don't drink a lot of soda, so we might use one, and take it home as a souvenir.) So could we take the other two (new of course!) and give them to some nice looking family as a random act of kindness?

Is there anything about the mugs on the dining plan being non-transferrable? Thanks!

I haven't seen this in the thread - sorry if I missed it.

Are the mugs transferrable? Sorry, I don't know how else to word that. What I mean is, we are on the DxDP, and we would not use a mug for each of us. (There are no juices or milk for DS at the BC if I remember correctly, and we don't drink a lot of soda, so we might use one, and take it home as a souvenir.) So could we take the other two (new of course!) and give them to some nice looking family as a random act of kindness?

Is there anything about the mugs on the dining plan being non-transferrable? Thanks!

:confused3 I can't imagine that you couldn't give them away....we will be at POFQ :rolleyes1

wouldn't it be cool if you saw a couple at your resort with the mickey bridal veil and mickey top hat? what a neat wedding present!

My son has allergies and can't drink soda or juice. All he can drink is water, milk, and chocolate milk. Last year we stayed at the BWI and got mugs with our dining plan, I mentioned this when I booked and the agent made a note. Next thing I know the chef from the BWI calls me. He told me there was a note a the bakery explaining my son's allergies and my son was allowed to get milk, chocolate milk, or water in place of soda with his mug. This was wonderful because when ever we go out he seems to miss out because of his allergies. He can't even drink water that comes out of the soda machine because they usually come out of a fruit juice or citrus spout. Disney is the best at making special accomadations :-)

to all you fellow hot tea drinkers: you might not see tea bags at the refill stations.... ALL IS NOT LOST! :rotfl: they still have hot tea. you just have to ask the CM at the checkout for the bags (no, you don't have to wait in line, just wait until they are done with the last transaction).. they did this because people were helping themselves to 20 teabags at a time! (even people without mugs)
I asked a CM, well, there are coffeepots in the room, but no tea bags, so I make hot water with my coffepot, but I DO have a mug. they told me to go ahead and take a "few". but, apparently, people were restocking their home pantry!
as you fellow tea drinkers know, hot tea drinkers are discriminated against!:rotfl: (hubby says, "as well you should be"rotfl2:)
you go out for breakfast. hubby gets, "more coffee, sir?" I get "more hot water for your limp, 3 times used tea bag?":lmao:
I don't care if it's a church group, Bible study, school meeting, soccer meeting, there is always coffee!(not to mention the "free" continental breakfasts at the Day's inn, Knights Inn, etc, on the trip down). TEA?? NAH!
ok, off my soap box. but, never fear, Disney still offers tea bags for the mugs!!! YAY!!!:banana:

1) Besides Captain Cook's, is there anywhere else to fill mugs at Poly?

2) How is the hot chocolate at Captain Cook's? Is it just water and cocoa, or does it have milk in it?

3) Is there herbal (non-caffeine) hot tea that you can use to fill your mug (like Bigelow) or is it only Lipton caffeineted tea?

4) Finally, do they have iced tea? If so, what brand/kind?

1) Besides Captain Cook's, is there anywhere else to fill mugs at Poly?

2) How is the hot chocolate at Captain Cook's? Is it just water and cocoa, or does it have milk in it?

3) Is there herbal (non-caffeine) hot tea that you can use to fill your mug (like Bigelow) or is it only Lipton caffeineted tea?

4) Finally, do they have iced tea? If so, what brand/kind?

CC's is the only place to get refills at Poly. I can't comment on the hot chocolate or tea (we didn't get any when we were there). They don't have iced tea in the fountain (I just double checked the picture MsStinkerBelle posted in the Poly thread), they may have it in bottles in the cooler. :confused3 They do have Minute Maid light raspberry lemonade that our kids really liked. Sorry not to be much help!

CC's is the only place to get refills at Poly. I can't comment on the hot chocolate or tea (we didn't get any when we were there). They don't have iced tea in the fountain (I just double checked the picture MsStinkerBelle posted in the Poly thread), they may have it in bottles in the cooler. :confused3 They do have Minute Maid light raspberry lemonade that our kids really liked. Sorry not to be much help!

Thanks! I had seen that some resorts have Gold Peak Tea and was hoping Poly was one of them. I like the Light Lemonade, so that would probably be our drink of choice later in the day.

We plan on purchasing the mugs, but I see 2 potential (related) problems - the size of the mug (small) and the distance between the mug refill point and the room (large). In this age of 32oz, 44oz, and 64 oz cups, a 14 oz mug does NOT provide sufficent soda for a quiet evening at the resort. At least not for an adult soda pop addict.

Is there any objection to our filling the mugs, going out, transferring the contents of the mugs into larger cups we bring with us, going to the back of the line, and getting another immediate refill that we will also add to our personal cups? That way we wouldn't have drunk the whole thing by the time we walked back to our room!

Or does Disney object to this?

We *kinda* do something similar. I fill up the mugs with soda and never put ice in them if I'm carrying it back to the room. Once I get back to the room, I use a different glass that has ice in it and pour the stuff in the mug into it. So, I get about 2x as much soda (or more) by leaving out the ice.

It doesn't work as well if you're out and about, but it definitely is a time saver if you're going back to your room for a while...

I am thinking of getting some half and half in the mug and store it in the fridge for our morning coffee. Does anyone know if there's any creamer with the in-room coffee maker?

I am thinking of getting some half and half in the mug and store it in the fridge for our morning coffee. Does anyone know if there's any creamer with the in-room coffee maker?

No can do. No milk or half and half available for the mugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter