• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there - dh and i were in disney with our son in january and bought the refillable mugs. we are going again in september - any idea if the design of the mugs will be different?

we love buying our new mugs as part of the first things we do when we arrive in disney! the mug designs haven't really changed at all in the last two times we've been and what was once a really fun collection of different mugs is getting a little boring with doubles and triplets of the same mug.

any idea if they are going to change up the mug design any time soon? i hope so!

hi there - dh and i were in disney with our son in january and bought the refillable mugs. we are going again in september - any idea if the design of the mugs will be different?

we love buying our new mugs as part of the first things we do when we arrive in disney! the mug designs haven't really changed at all in the last two times we've been and what was once a really fun collection of different mugs is getting a little boring with doubles and triplets of the same mug.

any idea if they are going to change up the mug design any time soon? i hope so!
When you go it will be the same mug design and if WDW ever changes them it would happen sometime in the new year.

They look so similar to last year, how boring! I wish they'd offer a choice of 3 different designs or so to make them look cooler AND make them easier for a family to tell theirs apart.

They look so similar to last year, how boring! I wish they'd offer a choice of 3 different designs or so to make them look cooler AND make them easier for a family to tell theirs apart.
Usually a new mug design will come out sometime in the new year. However before a resort counter service location can start selling them they need to sell out of the old mug design, so it's a very good chance they will still sell it before selling a new design.

Is the photo in the first post of this thread the current version of the mug? If not, is there a current photo somewhere?

Do you have a list of Counter service's open 24hrs or at least ones that you can refill the mugs at say 2am?
The only ones that I know of where you can still get drinks that late is Gasparilla's Grill & Games at the Grand Floridian and Captain Cook's at the Polynesian.

Is the photo in the first post of this thread the current version of the mug? If not, is there a current photo somewhere?

Post #32 (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36391553&postcount=32) has a picture of the current version, with the straight sides and design all the way down.

The photo in the first post was the first iteration of the current Celebrate design, with the design on the top half and white on the tapered bottom half.

Post #32 (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36391553&postcount=32) has a picture of the current version, with the straight sides and design all the way down.

The photo in the first post was the first iteration of the current Celebrate design, with the design on the top half and white on the tapered bottom half.

I hope they switch soon. I remember they switched to this version of the current design not long before my trip in late September/early October last year, I remember because I was hoping for new mugs from our January trip and these were not much different. I have the current ones from last September and I love getting new mugs each trip.

When you go it will be the same mug design and if WDW ever changes them it would happen sometime in the new year.

Last year I went in May and purchased a mug came back in September with the family to a different syle of mug !! I bought the kids the new style !!!and lalalala !!!!!!:rotfl2:for the adults !!!!!:lmao: My rational is they are unlimited refills so if you fill a different mug from your refillable you can then refil your refillable !!I do always buy one a year for me and the kids one each when they go!!! So I think my lalalal is a happy medium!!!

We have mugs from 1998 ***:woohoo::woohoo: and 1999 CBR.:rotfl: I guess we will be bringing these down and not buy them every time we come, which is quite often.:banana:

thanks but are they the ones with the white bottom or the ones with the pattern all the way down?

and also how do they monitor whether you are using a mug bought last vacation? my parents dont really know the rules and want to bring our old ones back because we think those are the ones being sold.

The ones in the pix were like the one I bought in May last year, by September they had changed and had the white bottom!!

I'm not sure if this has been asked, So I figure i'd throw it out there. For those of you who have little kids (Our son is 5) What do you do about refillable mugs? Do you share yours with them, or buy a mug for them? I'm not talking about bringing old ones back to a resort or anything. Just buying new ones for the adults and letting little kids share, or do you think it would be better to get everyone their own, even little kids? I really wish they had a junior sized cup available as well...:drinking1

We generally buy them for both our kids, now that they're 7 and 11 (or soon to be). But in other trips when they were toddlers, we didn't buy them for both girls, and just shared our drinks with them from the 2 mugs we'd buy for ourselves, or just refilled and gave them a whole mug of whatever they wanted.

It depends on your 5 yr old. Will he be happy sharing or will he get upset. My thing is keep them happy. It is disney. The happiest place on earth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter