(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering when the new ones will come out? Any hints or clues out there? We will be going in Novemeber and am wondering if they will have a new design out yet? Hope so!
My guess is if they come out with a new design it would be when the current promotion is over. However even if they did have new mugs ready the resort counter service locations can not start selling the new ones until the old design has sold out, so there is a chance they could have the old ones when a new promotion has started.

thanks, mathgeek!

does anyone know where you refill the mugs at beachclub? I'm assuming beachclub marketplace? what about hurrican hanna's?

You can get your mug's refilled at the Beach Club Marketplace. The last time I was there it was self-serve.

You can also get a refill from Hurricane Hannah's. There it is not self-serve which is fine just pointing out that fact.

Is there a list somewhere of where the refill stations are at each resort? That would be helpful. The only ones I know is that the refill stations at the value resorts are at the food courts.

You can get your mug's refilled at the Beach Club Marketplace. The last time I was there it was self-serve.

You can also get a refill from Hurricane Hannah's. There it is not self-serve which is fine just pointing out that fact.
thanks for the info!!

at least we can refill them by the main pool.

we were very irritated at Port Orlean (riverside) that there was not a refill station by the main pool. It is a VERY HUGE resort. true.. it wasn't a HUGE walk from the main pool to the food court. but we were in Alligator Bayou, bldg. 39. and it was a long walk to the food court just to refill our mugs. if we were by the main pool... not so bad... but if we were sitting by the "quietpool" just next to our room, it was a MAJOR haul to refill the mugs. we ended up using our own soda from our cooler or purchasing bottles from the vending machines in our buildings.
it seems to me if we purchase the mugs, and walk the "half way mark" to the main pool, they could just fill it with coke or sprite from the "bartender's gun" and not make us walk all the way through the pool area to the food court.
now, I realize they don't have all the "options" coffee, tea, orange soda, coke zero, etc. but WHY make us walk a block or 2 further to refill the mugs we PAID for, with coke or sprite... when they have that ON THE bartender's GUN???

my point being, we paid for Refillable mugs, which were actually NOT refillable at the main pool.
the main pool is centrally located, as opposed to the food court, therefore, if you purchase the refillable mugs, they should let you REFILL the REFILLABLE mugs conveniently!.
we ended up paying for drinks at the vending machines anyways! Iin the buildings. AFTER purchasing the mugs!.
sorry, if I am in building 39 and dead tired, I'll walk to the bridge and get a refill at muddy rivers. no way I am walking allthe way to the food court. they got me there!

why can't the bartender just refill my mug with sprite? (I'll tip him, I ALWAYS tip.)I paid for a refillable mug. at such a huge resort, I didn't realize it would be a decathalon to refill a couple mugs!

thanks for the info!!

at least we can refill them by the main pool.

we were very irritated at Port Orlean (riverside) that there was not a refill station by the main pool. It is a VERY HUGE resort. true.. it wasn't a HUGE walk from the main pool to the food court. but we were in Alligator Bayou, bldg. 39. and it was a long walk to the food court just to refill our mugs. if we were by the main pool... not so bad... but if we were sitting by the "quietpool" just next to our room, it was a MAJOR haul to refill the mugs. we ended up using our own soda from our cooler or purchasing bottles from the vending machines in our buildings.
it seems to me if we purchase the mugs, and walk the "half way mark" to the main pool, they could just fill it with coke or sprite from the "bartender's gun" and not make us walk all the way through the pool area to the food court.
now, I realize they don't have all the "options" coffee, tea, orange soda, coke zero, etc. but WHY make us walk a block or 2 further to refill the mugs we PAID for, with coke or sprite... when they have that ON THE bartender's GUN???
That would be nice if they did that, especially since I'm sure some people are dripping wet coming from the pool to the food court, just to get a soda. Refilling at the bars would be a good option.

not to mention, having to "cover up". just to enter the food court.
in my case, I don't mean "slinky bikinis"...
I mean "ruining any appetites!:rotfl2:(although hubby assures me I still look good!)
really, now that I think of it...
us 50 plus year olds would rather not enter a food court in our "bathing attire" just to refill our mug... from the main pool! any other gals want to join in on this rebellion???!!!!

I think they just don't want to refill our mugs is they won't be able to charge us for a "soda" at the "main" pool.

at Coronado, you can refill the mugs.

at POR, it is SUCH a HUGE resort, it is ridiculous to insist you go all the way to the food court to refill the mugs. you should be able to get a refill of at least coke or sprite. at the main pool. I shouldn't have to PAY for soda at the vending machines when I purchased a refillable mug. (OR walk FOREVER, just for a refill, when there is soda at the bar... in the MIDDLE of the resort!)

A reminder that any feedback regarding the current mug program that Disney offers.. will be best received by Disney itself.

Nobody in this thread can take the constructive criticism and make changes.

Thanks,

Knox

I'm hoping someone can answer this as I have not seen an answer for this: I have the deluxe dining plan, so when do I get the mug? Do they hand it to you at check-in? Give you a voucher to go pick one up? TIA!

I'm hoping someone can answer this as I have not seen an answer for this: I have the deluxe dining plan, so when do I get the mug? Do they hand it to you at check-in? Give you a voucher to go pick one up? TIA!
Just go to the food court, or wherever the mug location is at your resort, and pick one up. When you go to pay for it, just say you're on the plan, and hand them the KTW card, and it'll take it off that. The same way you'd use any other credit.

Just checking to see of there are any hints of a new design yet . . . :surfweb:

Hoping to see new pics soon! :goodvibes

Just checking to see of there are any hints of a new design yet . . . :surfweb:

Hoping to see new pics soon! :goodvibes
I would think we won't see a new design until 2011 when WDW announces their next promotion. However before any new mug designs can be sold at the resorts their counter service locations need to sell out of the current mugs, so they might still sell the same mugs at the start of 2011 before they can sell the new ones.

I would think we won't see a new design until 2011 when WDW announces their next promotion. However before any new mug designs can be sold at the resorts their counter service locations need to sell out of the current mugs, so they might still sell the same mugs at the start of 2011 before they can sell the new ones.

Thanks for the info CR Resort Fan 4 Life!

I kind'a forgot that we are still in "Celebrate" mode . . . just have to wait and see what the next promo brings! popcorn::

I am bringing an previously purchased mug on this trip and plan on using it solely for HOT water ( for my own instant coffee) and ice. Do you think this is acceptable?

I will not be using it for any soda, Disney coffee or Disney tea. It's simply that the room mugs are so tiny and the travel mugs are handy.

I am bringing an previously purchased mug on this trip and plan on using it solely for HOT water ( for my own instant coffee) and ice. Do you think this is acceptable?

I will not be using it for any soda, Disney coffee or Disney tea. It's simply that the room mugs are so tiny and the travel mugs are handy.
I don't see anything wrong with doing that.

did i read somewhere that the new mugs are out?

we're going in a few weeks and we won't be buying the same ones we got last year so i hope it's true they are out

does anyone have a pic if they are?

I was wondering if the selection of drinks available for the mug is the same across all the resorts.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in 2006 and if I remember correctly we were able to get hot chocolate for our refillable mugs. Are these types of drinks available across the board?

We are thinking of staying at Coronado Springs, and I would just like to know before I book if there are any differences in the drinks available between resorts.

I was wondering if the selection of drinks available for the mug is the same across all the resorts.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in 2006 and if I remember correctly we were able to get hot chocolate for our refillable mugs. Are these types of drinks available across the board?

We are thinking of staying at Coronado Springs, and I would just like to know before I book if there are any differences in the drinks available between resorts.
Based on what I have seen some of the resorts have a different selection of drinks from the soda machine, however I believe Hot Chocolate is available at all the resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!