(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes:Do the moderate resorts give you the refillable mugs as an amenity for staying there? I know the values don't. I have never stayed in a moderate or deluxe resort. Some websites list it as an amenity so I am assuming it is free. Can anyone help me with this question? Thanks.:goodvibes

I need to change the ages of the family but forgot how to do that?

Aug. 2006--Pop Century
Aug. 2008--Pop Century
Aug. 26-Sept. 2---Carribean Beach

:rolleyes:Do the moderate resorts give you the refillable mugs as an amenity for staying there? I know the values don't. I have never stayed in a moderate or deluxe resort. Some websites list it as an amenity so I am assuming it is free. Can anyone help me with this question? Thanks.:goodvibes
None of the resort categories give you the mugs as an amenity for staying with them. If you want to you can purchase the mugs and use them during that stay. Also if you booked the Quick Service Dining Plan or the Deluxe Dining Plan, then the mugs are included with them.

why Not on the regular dinning plan? for $10+ vs QS and Only 1 snack and no mug? :confused3 oh well...don't mind me, just venting. (I just wished we got mugs with DP)

because the regular dining plan includes a drink with every CS and TS meal. it is geared towards people who want a sit-down meal every day, and is more expensive.
for those on the go, the quick service is cheaper. I just wish they had made it cheaper still, adn NOT included the mug. (we drive, and can bring our own drinks)
I would like to see a Dining Plan fashioned after the "magic Your Way Tickets". it would be complicated, (but then, so is the magic your way packages, and we all adjusted to that!)but you could purchase how ever many "credits" you choose. and use them however you like, for the duration of your stay. whether you chose to use them on Signature restaurants, other Table service restaurants, Counter service restaurants, snacks, or mugs. it would be YOUR choice.....and then we could al go see the fairy princess together!

We plan on purchasing the mugs, but I see 2 potential (related) problems - the size of the mug (small) and the distance between the mug refill point and the room (large). In this age of 32oz, 44oz, and 64 oz cups, a 14 oz mug does NOT provide sufficent soda for a quiet evening at the resort. At least not for an adult soda pop addict.

Is there any objection to our filling the mugs, going out, transferring the contents of the mugs into larger cups we bring with us, going to the back of the line, and getting another immediate refill that we will also add to our personal cups? That way we wouldn't have drunk the whole thing by the time we walked back to our room!

Or does Disney object to this?

We plan on purchasing the mugs, but I see 2 potential (related) problems - the size of the mug (small) and the distance between the mug refill point and the room (large). In this age of 32oz, 44oz, and 64 oz cups, a 14 oz mug does NOT provide sufficent soda for a quiet evening at the resort. At least not for an adult soda pop addict.

Is there any objection to our filling the mugs, going out, transferring the contents of the mugs into larger cups we bring with us, going to the back of the line, and getting another immediate refill that we will also add to our personal cups? That way we wouldn't have drunk the whole thing by the time we walked back to our room!

Good question! I would want to do this too. We're heading down to Pop Century in August and we have the QS dining plan with the free mug.

Ask when you get there I guess.. nobody here would be able to answer that other than from the gut.

Personally, I see those mugs as handy at meal times but really.. given the size constraints.. and the amount of walking for a refill... pretty much useless most of the time.

We will be there in August and really don't want to spend more money on new ones. I have 4 mugs that we purchased in 2006 @ Pop Century w/their logo. Could I use them this year @ CBR? It's seems crazy to buy new ones if i've already have them. They will be used for the duration of the our stay!

We will be there in August and really don't want to spend more money on new ones. I have 4 mugs that we purchased in 2006 @ Pop Century w/their logo. Could I use them this year @ CBR? It's seems crazy to buy new ones if i've already have them. They will be used for the duration of the our stay!

Sorry, no. The refillable mugs are only good for the stay where you first bought them.

Ask when you get there I guess.. nobody here would be able to answer that other than from the gut.

Personally, I see those mugs as handy at meal times but really.. given the size constraints.. and the amount of walking for a refill... pretty much useless most of the time.

The only time that I've bought them and really the only time I'd think it's convenient is at Pop. The refill station is so convenient to the bus stop. I can't imagine going out of my way very often to use my mug.

I know the mugs they've been selling recently can not be used on a subsequent visit, but I have mugs I bought in 2000 at CBR. They had them in the room next to a sign explaining how much they cost and how to use them. I believe the sign said that they could be used "forever". I know I used them on one subsequent visit in 2002. They do not have any "length of stay" wording on them.

I am returning to CBR for the first time since 2002. I still have the mugs I purchased in 2000. I was wondering if anyone knows if my recollection is correct and they can be used for this visit.

I know the mugs they've been selling recently can not be used on a subsequent visit, but I have mugs I bought in 2000 at CBR. They had them in the room next to a sign explaining how much they cost and how to use them. I believe the sign said that they could be used "forever". I know I used them on one subsequent visit in 2002. They do not have any "length of stay" wording on them.

I am returning to CBR for the first time since 2002. I still have the mugs I purchased in 2000. I was wondering if anyone knows if my recollection is correct and they can be used for this visit.

They just started adding the wording to the mug in the recent years because people just don't like to remember what the policy really is. We bought our first mugs in 1997 at the Polynesian and there were signs posted there that they mugs were good only for the length of the trip they were bought. Just because the words aren't on the side of the mug, doesn't mean you can use them forever. Every one of the mugs I have in my closet don't have the wording on them, but I know I can't bring them back for free refills.

I remember at the old Food & Fun Center in the Contemporary and at Roaring Forks in the Wilderness Lodge, when they use to sell the mugs they had signs which said you could bring them back on future visits to those resorts only and it was also mentioned the Cast Members at the cash when paying for them. Those mugs also had no rules written on them and I saw these signs around the same time you got your mugs at Caribbean Beach. So I would say you can bring those mugs back when you stay there.

Not sure if this has been asked, but do they have cherry coke at the CBR? May be a silly question, but that is my soft drink of choice when I choose a carbonated beverage. :)

you won't find anywhere whether "disney" objects to this or not. I, personally don't care if you make the long walk back and forth to your room to dump it in a container, or do it there. (but there will be people on this board who will). I wouldn't bring a big jar into the food court or anything!:rotfl2:)

see the "stickey" at the beginning of this thread.:hippie:

can i just ask something that i've wondered about for a while now.

and this is to those who seem to have a problem with people bringing back old mugs to use.

do you ever say anything to the people you see using last years mug or a star bucks mug or do you just fume about it then vent it here when you get home?

and why do you care?

just wondering - really - i've see so many posts about how terrible it is i'm just curious.

I was wondering if CSR still had different refillable mugs than other resorts. DH and I are staying there for our December trip and I am really hope they do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter