(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mykidsrock76

mykidsrock76 Mouseketeer

Ditto here. My DH just received the email with the pin and FD offer. I was able to book over the weekend though by the CM looking it up.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Alexsandra

Alexsandra Ready for the next adventure

Just switched resorts from POR to WL. It is my first time at WL and my first deluxe resort...so excited! :cool1:I am going to be there from 10th of Dec. to the 17th with my DH, DS2 and DS5. Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations.

Need some advise on which rooms to request. I booked a courtyard room. I was going to ask to be facing inner courtyard and to be on the 5th floor. I just don't know which room location to ask for, North wing, south wing or lobby (bear faced). I am concerned by the noise of lobby (WCC) or pool (afternoon activities). I like the views better on the South side but don't know if it is too far of a hike to all amenities (lobby, bus, boat.) North side seems more convenient but the view of the lake seems to be hidden by the trees. Are the lobby rooms noisy? Help would be much appreciated, thanks!

4. Valgoof

Valgoof DIS Veteran

I see on the first page that the boat between MK and WL runs until an hour after the park closes. Does that include evening EMH and party nights? So if EMH ends at 1AM, the boat will be running?

5. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

Welcome, I think you have chosen a wonderful resort. In our experience, we REALLY enjoyed having a lobby room. The view from the room and while walking down the hallway impressed us for 10 days.
    [​IMG]

We were there during a low crowd time, but we really enjoyed the lobby room. We could however occasionally hear noise from WCC in the lobby.

We previously stayed in room 6025, which is a Courtyard view about halfway down the North Wing of the hotel, and it had a beautiful view of the pool and Bay Lake.
    [​IMG]

It was possible to hear noise from the pool from this room, although it was probably quieter than a lower floor or a non-enclosed balcony would have been.

For us, our "perfect room" would be a bear face room so that we would get to have the best view out both ends of the room. The view looking straight out toward Bay Lake is just beautiful.

If someone wanted the quetest possible Courtyard View option though, a South side Courtyard view facing South towards the Hidden Springs pool might be preferable, but that would be for someone more concerned about noise than we are. For Woods View, being on the North side of the North wing with a view of Wishes has appeal.

The biggest thing to remember is WL is a comparatively small resort, so no matter where you end up you won't be too far from anything. We feel room locations at WL are basically just different flavors of perfection, and by trying a different location we found things we liked we wouldn't have even known about. Enjoy your stay, it should be great.

6. GrandCalifornian

We did this in September. We enjoyed the boat after EMH ended about midnight. We also took advantage of knowing that the boats were running so we could visit another resort later at night, then take a bus to MK and the boat back to WL, even if we didn't go to MK for the EMH or Party.

7. DisneyDreamerMN

DisneyDreamerMN DIS Veteran

And what are you doing over here on this thread? *tap*tap (taping fingers) Are you coming over to the dark side with me and switching resorts?!

8. Valgoof

Valgoof DIS Veteran

Lol. Shhh...:ssst: Haven't decided yet. ;)

9. Koz

Koz Mouseketeer

Hey guys- it's been a while since we posted in this thread, having stayed at WL back in Oct 2011. That being said, I'm trying to recall whether we could fit a Graco-sized pack and play between the queen bed and bunk beds in a courtyard view room. We were a family of 4 on the last trip, now a family of 5 with a 6 month old in tow come December. Any feedback will be most appreciated!

10. kristainohio

kristainohio Mouseketeer

We stayed in a standard view with Queen and bunkbeds (I'm thinking the rooms are the exact same size though) and put the pack and play beside the TV stand (toward the bathroom). It was a really tight squeeze to get the PnP between the Queen and bunk beds and I didn't want to only be able to get in the bed from one side :rotfl2: We parked the stroller between the bunk beds and wall. You can probably definitely put the PnP between the beds but it's a squeeze! We still had plenty of room in the room although there was only 4 of us. Have a great time--we LOVE the WL!

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Did you ever call to see if there's a pin code attached to your name?

There are probably others, but you could check the Lodgers' Log on the first page/last post.

Good advice.

yolie912: When you check-in, just ask the CL CM if they can extend you by one night so that you won't have to switch or ask to speak to the CL manager to see what he can do.

Welcome to the thread! If your kids don't see the MK, then you should be OK, but if they do, I think they'll want to visit the MK. Better to consider this ahead of time when you could purchase discount tickets in advance.

Yippee! But, do you want me to add it to the LL yet? It was bad luck the last time I did:rolleyes1

This is the enclosed balcony railing - I took it while seated (I'm 5'10") from the 7th floor:

[​IMG]

This is a regular balcony railing on the 5th floor:

[​IMG]

:welcome: Would you like this noted in the Lodgers' Log on the first page?

Thanks for posting the PM EMH boat info. for everyone.

Ooooo, is there some scheming going on? Keep us posted:hyper:
    Welcome back!

12. yolie912

yolie912 DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! i will check with the CL manager upon arrival.
    You guys ROCK!:thumbsup2

13. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

His name is Randy and he and the CL CMs will do all they can to help you stay in your room, but of course, there's no guarantee. Guests cancel all the time, so keep checking online, too for availability. Have a great vacation!:santa:

14. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

I know you from memoms trip reports :). How is marching band going at OSU? Been to any games since you became a "lobster"? They have had some close ones...thanks for beating MSU :)

Come on over to WL, my family decided to give it a try this trip since they Grand is under construction. We are looking forward to it.

15. Alexsandra

Alexsandra Ready for the next adventure

Thank you so much. That really help me, I'll take your advice. I think I'll request a room giving onto lobby on the 5th floor inner courtyard view. I saw pic of rooms 5075-5079 and the view is great but I don't think I should request a specific room (don't want to be too picky). I am going there to see that magnificent Christmas Tree in the lobby. I just hope I get my request.

16. luvfigment

luvfigment <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

I am so excited that today we booked our trip for Sept 2013 to stay at WL courtyard view. This will be my daughters 1st trip and we will also celebrate her 2nd birthday. DH and I stayed there back in 2008 and loved it. My parent are join us and it will be there first time staying there. :cool1::cheer2::banana:

17. DisneyDreamerMN

DisneyDreamerMN DIS Veteran

Yes, please! :thumbsup2

18. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Hold for now...you know how I can be....:p

19. GrandCalifornian

Welcome! We had a very similar trip this September with our almost three year old DD and my parents. It was wonderful, and everybody just loved WL. Our prior visit was in 2007 and we grew to love it even more this time. How long do you get to stay for?

20. jgates

jgates <font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags

Hi guys - intend to read through all of this, but obviously can't do it in one night!

We had booked Coronado but changed to the package deal for Wilderness Lodge the other day when the discounts came out. Still gasping at the amount I will be paying lol!!

Since we did book the plan with 1 QS, 1 TS & 1 Snack, I am planning a bit for breakfast in the room. Can anyone tell me if I can purchase soy milk at Poly or only standard 1%/2%?

21. luvallprincesses

luvallprincesses DIS Veteran

Thanks Kook for the balcony/railing pictures. Definitely prefer that open balcony, so I guess 5th floor will be our request, so as to get the highest floor with hopes for a Wishes view (Woods View booked). 3 weeks from today until surprising DS on his 6th birthday about our trip and then 3 more weeks from that day until we arrive for our first WL stay. This is when it starts to feel real!:cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.