(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcaboose

jcaboose Earning My Ears

Hello all - I've been enjoying all the information on this thread for a while now. We arrive one week from tomorrow for our first family trip to WDW. Can't wait!! Still haven't told our kids (10 and 5,) hoping we can keep the secret another week. All the info here helped make me more comfortable/happy about choosing WL. We have a "Woods View" and I requested a 4th or 5th floor room in the North Wing, but based on all the pictures here, doesn't look like there's too many ways to be disappointed no matter what we get.

Any tips/secrets for helping the kids enjoy the WL even more?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dreamcruiser

dreamcruiser Mouseketeer

Good choice, Alexsandra! :cool1: I know from the POR thread that you've been waffling between the two resorts~ (I'm doing the same thing..but want to go sooner than my Jan. trip! I doubt I'll get a discount good enough tho)

4. EmmaMagsMom

EmmaMagsMom Mouseketeer

How exciting! You are going to love the WL. We leave again in 18 days. Can't wait to get back. Our DD"s ages 8 and 9, love the resort. The resort will have pool parties and games every afternoon. The recreation staff is great and do a great job entertaining the kids. It is a nice mid day break for all of us. You will receive a schedule when you check in. Enjoy your time. I'm sure you will love it.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking the WL :goodvibes. Our last WL stay we had a great courtyard view that overlooked the inner courtyard and we loved it ;).

WL is a little more expensive than a moderate, but it is so worth it, IMO ::yes::. The resort is beautiful and having the boat for going to MK is great :thumbsup2. I can't help with the soy milk question, but hopefully someone else can give some information.

You're going to have a great trip as the WL is an amazing resort :yay:.

Have a great trip and enjoy the WL.....you picked a great resort for a first stay :).

Have a great trip :dance3:.

6. sheri236

sheri236 Mouseketeer

just wanted to say that I can't believe our trip is only 13 days away!! this will be our 4th stay at wl but we are traveling with friends and this is their first. can't wait to show them how awesome wl is!!! I really need to get packing!pixiedust:

7. chimommy

chimommy Mouseketeer

I have not called yet... but I plan too.. I called the other day and it was a 20min wait... so i figured i would call back another day =)

8. chimommy

chimommy Mouseketeer

just called... no codes... hopefully I can get something later!!!

9. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Poly? :scratchinNot sure, but I do know that Fantasia over at the CR has it:

[​IMG]

And, the Mercantile at WL also has it:

[​IMG]

You're welcome and what a fantastic surprise! Let us know how the big reveal goes:hyper:

:welcome: to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread, jcaboose!
    Make sure you take them over to FW. You can rent bikes at WL and bike over, walk, bus or boat. They have pony rides and canoe rentals. There is also a 'pool party' every afternoon at WL with lots of games and fun. The Cub's Den hosts a free activity for kids every afternoon and there is also a free marshmallow roast on the beach in the evening. The arcade is across from the Cub's Den (I have photos on the first page). The marina rents boats and Sea Raycers which are a great way to see Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. It's also fun to boat over to the CR and eat, shop, monorail watch from the 4th floor observation deck and the arcade there is lots of fun.

Have a great vacation:)

Jump up and down, smile, now get to packing:goodvibes

At least you tried. Your trip is still a ways out so don't give up hope - there will be something probably next year.

10. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

A week from today we'll be at WL!!!! I'm looking forward to the escape from reality for a long weekend :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. luvallprincesses

luvallprincesses DIS Veteran

What kinds of kids activities are offered for kids at the Cubs Den in the afternoon? Is this something reservations are needed for and a fee is paid or impromptu drop in type things? I never came across this anywhere in all of my WL research!

12. jgates

jgates <font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags

Thank you guys - I'm a moron - I BOOKED WL. I have no idea why I said Poly in there. What an idiot I am. I plan on packing some boxes of cereal since we each get a checked bag free on Delta. Last year I took some dixie bowls, plastic spoons etc. Made it very easy to at least get something in our tummies while everyone else was showering. My sweet d-in-law needs soy milk so this will work out well since they have it.

Was also able to get the lite version of Starbucks little bottles at WM last year - I will miss having that caffeine fix in the morning!! I wouldn't dare pack those in my luggage lol!!!

Sorry I mis-typed. Just too tired at the time I guess & suffering BRAIN FADE.......

Opinions on Roaring Forks for breakfast or lunch? Any thoughts?

13. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Is this the trip you would do the dessert party? How old are your kids? My boys were 16 and 12 the first time we went and 17,13 the second. The younger one is the picky one and the older is usually up for anything.

14. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Miss- I have not tried the cheeseburger at LC, but picky Justin ate all of it and that was probably only the second burger he had in his life

15. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

No, that is our Dec trip....I am a sucker when it it comes to the castle being lit up :) my little ones are 7 and 9 (older DS doesn't do Disney anymore).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

We enjoyed RF for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We would usually share a waffle plate between the three of us that I would pick up when I went down first thing and did a mug refill.

If you want more information, I did a detailed RF post herehttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46273912&postcount=989

Have a great trip at WL!

17. RedfromNL

RedfromNL Mouseketeer

I LOVE the banana foster mickey waffles for breakfast!!:love::love:
    Plan to eat quite a few of those, if only they'd serve those for lunch too....

18. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You will be there before you know it.....have a great trip :goodvibes.

I'm sorry you didn't have a code, but don't give up hope......something might pop up later :).

:yay:

Congrats on booking :cheer2:. There's a good variety, IMO, at Roaring Forks and it's great for breakfast and lunch (dinner, too, if you want something quick ;)).

19. TinkPirateMom

TinkPirateMom DIS Veteran

I just booked the Cubs Den for my son (3 years and 9 months old) for an evening during our trip. I'm sure he will love it there. He really likes being around other kids. I'm not certain what we are doing that evening but we will let DD16 choose. She is excited to have a night free from her little brother.

One of the last things on my Disney To Do List is to order a 2 tiered mini cake from the Cake Hotline for our anniversary:)

3 weeks from today we will be checking in at the Wilderness Lodge:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Wishing everyone leaving soon a very magical trip! It looks like you may catch some sneak peeks of FLE:)

20. tardin1964

tardin1964 <font color=green>I need it.....<br><font color=re

As others have said RF is great. The only issue with it is it not large enough. Times when the resort is fully booked RF can be pretty busy. My only advice is to get to RF on the early side if you're trying to get to a park at rope drop. the line gets long and it gets tough to get a table.

21. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the roof work is complete and are they doing flag family again?

Less than 2 weeks until our trip. I started laying out clothes today :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.