(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's WL check-in morning! We're so excited to get over there that we went to the gym at 0530 - I was even able to do one more load of laundry in the handy dandy W/D.

DH has decided we need to do our (now) traditional arrival day pre-breakfast breakfast: Pineapple and coffee in the lounge, then down to WCC. We have Artist Point tonight which we haven't been to in years.

I'll report next from just up World Drive at WL:hyper:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It's WL check-in morning! We're so excited to get over there that we went to the gym at 0530 - I was even able to do one more load of laundry in the handy dandy W/D.

DH has decided we need to do our (now) traditional arrival day pre-breakfast breakfast: Pineapple and coffee in the lounge, then down to WCC. We have Artist Point tonight which we haven't been to in years.

Have a great time!:dance3:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Oh, right after checking-in to BLT on Saturday, we had the pleasure of meeting TheLodgeLady herself! (Thank you for coming over to the CR:thumbsup2). Since meeting her, I've renamed her TheLovelyLodgeLady:goodvibes
I second that change...which makes it official :goodvibes

I know JUST what you mean about the drive. We often vacation within 2-3 hours from our home, and the drive to WDW is almost 14 hours for us. We took two days down, but we drive home non-stop and just the 9 hours we did on Thursday was PLENTY. But, once you get to WDW/WL, you'll feel much better (especially after a good night's rest and some cobbler;)).

I keep trying to convince my husband to drive down, but he refuses. He said it's not the drive down that bothers him, it's the thought of having to drive back. DD9 said we should drive down and send him home on a plane to save money. Which I've considered, but I think the benefit of any money saved would be outweighed by my disposition after two days of driving with four kids in the car.

After reading everyone's comments about the WL, it's settled. The next trip we take will be a split stay between BWI and WL. I just wish I knew when school started next year so I could book it. Which is goofy, I know. But I thought you would all understand. :)

Hey to Tarak..... We're in northeast Ohio and have done the drive and flown (flown only 2 times) so out of 47 trips to WDW we've driven about half and used Amtrak the other half....

Yeah, I hate the drive home too 18-20 hours but the last bunch of trips on the train have been wonderful...lie back, relax and let the train lull you to sleep.... About the same price as driving but unlike a car .... It keeps moving when your eyes ate closed....cost us for the 2of us, round trip = 450.00. Pretty decent for the ride and seeing the country outside your window is alot better than seeing nothing out an airplane window plus no TSA checks or body scans ..

WDWKOOK said:

Have fun! See ya here!

:jumping1: I've been thinking about you this morning wondering if you have checked in to WL yet!

I'm so excited about returning to WL on Saturday! We haven't been since January. I just might give every WL CM I see a big hug!! :flower3:

:cheer2::cool1::cheer2: Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious time!

We're in a rental home this week with our daughter, our son and his 4 children. Our grandchildren are 14, 11, 7 & 3 1/2. The youngest is a very special needs child. The older 3 are loving this big house with quirky layout mostly due to the beautiful heated pool. The sandy shoreline of Lake Michigan is just 1/2 block away - but it is 50 steps down to the beach! Thank goodness for the well constructed sets of wooden steps. I'm going to need a vacation for me following this vacation.

I may be nuts... But I just texted your post to DH!:rotfl:
You make us all feel like we're there!!!
:flower3:

KOOK, how did I ever miss a new WL FAQ thread! It has been a long month, not on the DIS much, but glad to have found the new thread...fingers crossed for 4 ngts at WL in January for the RC gals!:thumbsup2

So glad you enjoyed BLT - that W/D is a real pull for me in a one bedroom...and 2 bathrooms might be the clincher! ::yes::

Know you'll be happy to be home at WL today! Have fun and thanks so much for the live updates! :cool1:

I keep trying to convince my husband to drive down, but he refuses. He said it's not the drive down that bothers him, it's the thought of having to drive back. DD9 said we should drive down and send him home on a plane to save money. Which I've considered, but I think the benefit of any money saved would be outweighed by my disposition after two days of driving with four kids in the car.

After reading everyone's comments about the WL, it's settled. The next trip we take will be a split stay between BWI and WL. I just wish I knew when school started next year so I could book it. Which is goofy, I know. But I thought you would all understand. :)

I called my school district before I made reservations for next summer, just to be sure that they were not going to suddenly change the school calendar to start earlier like many of the districts around here already do.

Wow!! I finally got cauught up and it has been so much fun reading about everyone's trips! When it comes to WDW and the WL it is even fun to live vicariously knowing I won't be there for almost a year. Thanks to everyone for taking time out of their vacations, their packing, and unpacking, to post here. It is so much fun to read.
By the way, what's up with all the 'wildlife" at WL? Spiders on the boats, alligator and snakes near the pond, and bats on the balconies?? Will need a few more adult beverages to cope with that. :)

KOOK, how did I ever miss a new WL FAQ thread! It has been a long month, not on the DIS much, but glad to have found the new thread...fingers crossed for 4 ngts at WL in January for the RC gals!:thumbsup2

So glad you enjoyed BLT - that W/D is a real pull for me in a one bedroom...and 2 bathrooms might be the clincher! ::yes::

Know you'll be happy to be home at WL today! Have fun and thanks so much for the live updates! :cool1:

RC January WL .... really???? :confused3

All of you on your trips now or just coming back are making me ansy!! I have 25 days left!! It would be 24 if only a WL villa would open up (DVC)! But being inside 30 days I'm not counting on that happening. I really don't want to go to another resort at the beginning of the trip just for one day! Oh well, one more Disney day will just have to wait!

Hope everyone is having a great time!

We've been to Disney twice, this will be our third, with 14 and 17-y/o boys. Youngest will beat us down there with "band" from his high school and staying at a different resort. Looking to extend his trip with us though, and I've checked out the beginning of this thread and all the pics. Without sounding incredibly stupid, where do I even start to check into prices for this place and discounts, etc.? Just joined this website today, so go easy on me!!

:wave2: Hope you have a MAGICAL time...:goodvibes

I called my school district before I made reservations for next summer, just to be sure that they were not going to suddenly change the school calendar to start earlier like many of the districts around here already do.

Be careful to keep checking...school districts have been known to make a change in the attendance calendar in the early spring for that current school year. Our does frequently...why??? Only they know.:confused3

I apologize for not multi-quoting right now, but THANK YOU all for your lovely comments and well wishes:goodvibes. We are so happy to be back at WL. While the one bedroom was so roomy and beautiful at BLT, the CMs at WL are so friendly and fun and the new room is so nice and the theming and ambience is just the best - but I'm preaching to the choir...

We checked in by 0915. The drive from BLT was 4 minutes door to door for those of you wondering. The CL runner was waiting with a big smile and wave. Our room was ready after we stored our luggage:upsidedow. We were in our favorite room by about 0945:goodvibes

Pre-breakfast breakfast was a big hit with DH who had his two servings of pineapple followed by the gravy chaser down at WCC. DD and I tried the egg white omelette with spinach and goat cheese - delicious. Plenty of breakfast antics made for a fun-filled post pre-breakfast breakfast.

Enjoyed a resort day today taking many photos, unpacking (one hour flat - with no help - goes faster that way:rolleyes:), enjoyed the lounge. The room is fresh and new and you will all love it.

Had a disappointing dinner at Artist Point. We felt the menu selection was rather limited, and the service not up to a restaurant in this price range. DH and I had the buffalo and each of ours had inedible parts. To the server's credit, she noticed we left some, admonished us for not telling her:confused3 and then she announced that she had comped one appetizer. She then brought us a serving of berry cobbler which DH loved. But she didn't ask us if we wanted to order any dessert so DD, who doesn't like cobbler, didn't have any until we got up to the lounge - no biggie. Blueberry cobbler in the lounge saved the night and a so-so meal at WDW is certainly better than an OK meal back home:thumbsup2. DHS tomorrow with Sci. Fi. for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter