(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember, there was beer (Bud Light, Yeungling, Moosehead, Woodchuck Apple Cider), there was a white wine and a red wine (merlot and Chardonnay), there was Baileys, Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Corvoisier...that's all I can remember seeing...

When I was there in March they had all that except instead of Baileys, they had Amarula.

Kook has a picture of the beverages in post 6 on the first page of the thread.

PamelaKay said:
When I was there in March they had all that except instead of Baileys, they had Amarula.

Kook has a picture of the beverages in post 6 on the first page of the thread.

Thank you, PamelaKay,

I looked through the pictures must have missed that!

From what I remember, there was beer (Bud Light, Yeungling, Moosehead, Woodchuck Apple Cider), there was a white wine and a red wine (merlot and Chardonnay), there was Baileys, Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Corvoisier...that's all I can remember seeing...

Moosehead?! As a CDN expat, I may have to stand outside the CL begging for someone to share a pint with me (a poor pleasant staying in Crtyard room). :goodvibes

Updated our reservation today......another friend is coming along!! :yay: Soooo now we have 2 rooms (hopefully together) with AAA rate instead of the bunk bed room. Still waiting for AP rate!!!! ;)

I could use some room recommendations. We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom villa with our 2 kids (5 1/2 and 1 1/2) from Dec 2-6 this year. One of us will be bringing back breakfast from the lodge while the other one of us is getting the boys dressed. I'd also prefer a more quiet area during the day so hopefully my toddler will nap. What do y'all suggest I request?

It's the smallest DVC resort at WDW, so everything is close to the elevator. And since the villas are set in the woods next to the WL, they are always quiet. Unless you get the studio with the dumpster view and sounds.

I have to agree - Mountain Lodge doesn't remind me of WL...it has an underlying tobacco note to it. It reminds me of, well, a musty old hunting cabin!!!

We do have a "Lodge" line of accessories right now - lots of bears, moose, pine trees - every day at work it's my "sign" that WL is giong to work out for the October trip!!

It doesn't smell like the WL, but LOVE the new Treehouse Memories scent and the lodge line are so cute and really make me think of WL.

I am tired, cranky, overworked and stressed out. The only light at the end of my tunnel is our stay at the Lodge in October. I really need some destressing time!

I am tired, cranky, overworked and stressed out. The only light at the end of my tunnel is our stay at the Lodge in October. I really need some destressing time!

I am so with you. I know to the exact day (67) how long until my trip to the WL. I am so excited about going to MNSSHP on Halloween.

I am so with you. I know to the exact day (67) how long until my trip to the WL. I am so excited about going to MNSSHP on Halloween.

We will be there the week before. That sounds like fun doing the actual party on Halloween! I am sure you will have fun !!!

I am right there with you; I have a 26 day countdown and it truly cannot come fast enough.

We arrived at BLT on Saturday for our first-ever stay in a villa and we've been very happy and pleasantly surprised with the one bedroom villa. We've been spoiled by its size (1000 SF) and the two bathrooms, a W/D:laundy: a view of Bay Lake and a whirlpool tub and king bed. I've taken many photos that I'll post in a TR next month. The only problem with BLT is that it isn't WL:upsidedow. But, we'll be checking-in to WL tomorrow in time for breakfast in the lounge:)

We've been constantly on the go since arriving, but I think we'll slow down a bit when we check-in to WL. There's just something about the wilderness that's so calming and those cozy leather chairs just beckon you.

Oh, right after checking-in to BLT on Saturday, we had the pleasure of meeting TheLodgeLady herself! (Thank you for coming over to the CR:thumbsup2). Since meeting her, I've renamed her TheLovelyLodgeLady:goodvibes

Hey guys...wondering if anyone knows if the a/c is motion controlled. There's another thread that indicated it was...I knew this was the place to get "the facts".:cool2:
It wasn't as of April. You might be thinking of the Poly?

Kook,

Among all the great tidbits of info you'll discover for us, is there any chance you can get an update on the status of Wishes rooftop viewing at WL? I'm still hoping for that as part of my anniversary present to my DW. If not I need to start working on other plans.

Thanks!

BTW - just took a two hour drive each way for a weekend trip and the prospect of 10-11 hours for this upcoming Disney trip doesn't seem like fun. It's one of the very few things I miss about living in Florida. The ability to head up there for the weekend was pretty cool.
I would be happy to give you an update on Tuesday after we check-in:). Any other 'tidbits' you'd like to know about?

I know JUST what you mean about the drive. We often vacation within 2-3 hours from our home, and the drive to WDW is almost 14 hours for us. We took two days down, but we drive home non-stop and just the 9 hours we did on Thursday was PLENTY. But, once you get to WDW/WL, you'll feel much better (especially after a good night's rest and some cobbler;)).

Checked in and got upgraded from standard to courtyard view! :). We are in MK now. The kids pick for their first ride of the trip Small world.
WOWZA! Whatanupgrade:yay:. We rode IASW last night during EMH since there was no wait at all. Have you been watching the EWP from your room?

:dance3: 5 days until we arrive to Hilton Head Resort and 6 days until Wilderness Lodge! :dance3:

I've reached the point where I have no attention span and I just want to go to the airport and wait for my flight to leave! :yay: All of our preDisney errands have been done (I think) and now I just have to do :laundy: and pack :woohoo:
Your trip is almost here! You'll be at HH and WL so soon:goodvibes

We just switched from ASMu to Wilderness Lodge for Free Dining December 10-15th!!! I'm so excited to be at WL around Christmas. The only deluxe we've stayed at is Poly, so it should be great. :thumbsup2
Congratulations on upgrading to WL:). What a great time of year to go to WL and WDW. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

I would be happy to give you an update on Tuesday after we check-in:). Any other 'tidbits' you'd like to know about?

I know JUST what you mean about the drive. We often vacation within 2-3 hours from our home, and the drive to WDW is almost 14 hours for us. We took two days down, but we drive home non-stop and just the 9 hours we did on Thursday was PLENTY. But, once you get to WDW/WL, you'll feel much better (especially after a good night's rest and some cobbler;)).

Actually since you always have the inside scoop there is one more thing. :) Can you confirm/deny that the carriage rides only depart from Ft. Wilderness now? The year we did the sleigh ride, it left from WL and dropped us off back there. I heard they are not departing from WL any more. Is that true?

I feel so dirty. Because of our later arrival time because of the long drive (doing it all in one day) - we are staying off property at one of the DD hotels the first 2 nights. :crazy2: I know the horror. JK! I couldn't justify the expense of CL (or anywhere on property for that matter) that first night when we might be arriving at 10 or 11pm. It will be nice to enjoy a view of the area from a different hotel. Plus the check in experience and wow factor just wouldn't be the same at that time of night. I added the second night to just kind of unwind and throw the kids off a little bit. Then - BAM 7 nights at WL CL. It gets harder to come up with surprises each year for the family, but I will NOT be denied!

It's WL check-in morning! We're so excited to get over there that we went to the gym at 0530 - I was even able to do one more load of laundry in the handy dandy W/D.

DH has decided we need to do our (now) traditional arrival day pre-breakfast breakfast: Pineapple and coffee in the lounge, then down to WCC. We have Artist Point tonight which we haven't been to in years.

I'll report next from just up World Drive at WL:hyper:

It's WL check-in morning! We're so excited to get over there that we went to the gym at 0530 - I was even able to do one more load of laundry in the handy dandy W/D.

DH has decided we need to do our (now) traditional arrival day pre-breakfast breakfast: Pineapple and coffee in the lounge, then down to WCC. We have Artist Point tonight which we haven't been to in years.

I'll report next from just up World Drive at WL:hyper:

I wanted an extra big "like" button for this! I am so excited to report that I have one more WL CL trip to add for this year. I will still be there in October, but added 2 nights, 3 days in December. I am going to that other park to experience Harry Potter and thought... hmmm I am already in town, I would love to stay at the lodge decorated for Christmas so what the heck, I booked December 2-4 at WL CL yesterday AND got a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest for Monday night! :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter